TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrontBurnr']$20 Gift Card for FUSE email heading out on 5/31 through 6/1. 40% off all Skylanders Accessories (same dates) coupon as well.[/QUOTE]

Do I need to sign up for this email or is it going to TRU stores? As well will the deal with the $20 gc instantly activate? I'm planning on buying four copies of Fuse for an awesome coop weekend.

[quote name='Autosaver']WHY

It's been deemed the worst game ever made.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can only give my thoughts and opinions on why I personally made the purchase.

I knew before buying this game that it got really bad ratings and if anything the made me want to purchase the game even more.

First, I'm a huge fan of the movies. They are simple, fun, require little thinking and they are just overall enjoyable.

That being said, I have a fascination for bad games. They almost fit into their own category in my collection. Buying this game I wasn't looking for something with superb graphics and amazing gameplay. I was looking for something specific to the budget game. Tacky, cheesy, and an eye roller. I got just that with this game and I have been enjoying it actually.

It has objectives/achievements that I'm having fun with. The backgrounds look cheesy which I'm enjoying. It's seriously a C list game, he'll maybe even D but I accepted that going into it. Plus I only paid 24 bucks as its on sell at TRU right now. If they had the B1g1 40% off which I thought was live right now, I would have also purchased the 3DS version for 40% off to just have a handheld version.

Is it a bad game? Yup, but I dig it.

:)

And I am in no way affiliated with this game or developer. I just enjoy playing and collecting some lousy games to an extent!

[quote name='FrontBurnr']$20 Gift Card for FUSE email heading out on 5/31 through 6/1. 40% off all Skylanders Accessories (same dates) coupon as well.[/QUOTE]

Solid deal!

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Well, I can only give my thoughts and opinions on why I personally made the purchase.

I knew before buying this game that it got really bad ratings and if anything the made me want to purchase the game even more.

First, I'm a huge fan of the movies. They are simple, fun, require little thinking and they are just overall enjoyable.

That being said, I have a fascination for bad games. They almost fit into their own category in my collection. Buying this game I wasn't looking for something with superb graphics and amazing gameplay. I was looking for something specific to the budget game. Tacky, cheesy, and an eye roller. I got just that with this game and I have been enjoying it actually.

It has objectives/achievements that I'm having fun with. The backgrounds look cheesy which I'm enjoying. It's seriously a C list game, he'll maybe even D but I accepted that going into it. Plus I only paid 24 bucks as its on sell at TRU right now. If they had the B1g1 40% off which I thought was live right now, I would have also purchased the 3DS version for 40% off to just have a handheld version.

Is it a bad game? Yup, but I dig it.

:)

And I am in no way affiliated with this game or developer. I just enjoy playing and collecting some lousy games to an extent![/QUOTE] All that matters :)

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I loved kmart gamer. Hoping for something like that again!

And please bring back coupons! It got me to buy games on release[/QUOTE] We were talking about coupons yesterday actually. Very willing to test some things out which is very cool.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Do I need to sign up for this email or is it going to TRU stores? As well will the deal with the $20 gc instantly activate? I'm planning on buying four copies of Fuse for an awesome coop weekend.[/QUOTE] Sorry I missed this question yesterday! I believe the offer will be readily available to all but is being announced via email (which I definitely recommend signing up for). The GC's will not instantly activate, there is a slight delay (not 6 hours but still there).

[quote name='z-money']Welcome back, Josh!

Will you be doing anything with the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle?[/QUOTE]
I shall put the request into my magic request box. Anything in particular you would like to see?

Edit: That sounded dirtier than I intended it to be...

[quote name='FrontBurnr']I shall put the request into my magic request box. Anything in particular you would like to see?

Edit: That sounded dirtier than I intended it to be...[/QUOTE]

I can answer this. Check PMs.

[quote name='FrontBurnr']I shall put the request into my magic request box. Anything in particular you would like to see?

A GC with purchase would be good or maybe a discount if you purchase a 3DS game with it since I will also be getting a physical copy of the game for my wife.

Metro Last Light for $35!

[quote name='nnthomas']I can answer this. Check PMs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='z-money']Welcome back, Josh!

Will you be doing anything with the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle?[/QUOTE]

This is actually being carried at TRU? Well damn, I'm changing where I'm buying it. Josh always brings it!

Aww, first time I looked at this thread I got excited cause I thought that 3-for-40 deal was for all those clearance games. That new list makes me sad. D:

Anyway, I really want to echo the comments about TRU charging higher than MSRP. It's a huge turnoff from buying there, and it's not at all exclusive to the video games section, either.

And I know I'm getting wayyyyy ahead of myself here, but considering how big the franchise is the sooner TRU can work out a deal for Pokemon X/Y at release the better.

How about a deal for the upcoming Capcom game Remember Me? Maybe a $20-$25 gift card with purchase. Or $15 off instantly on release week.

[quote name='WingsDJY']How about a deal for the upcoming Capcom game Remember Me? Maybe a $20-$25 gift card with purchase. Or $15 off instantly on release week.[/QUOTE]
This. I forgot about that one.

[quote name='LordVila']Metro Last Light for $35![/QUOTE] Actually was talking with them about a discount on Metro today. Not sure on the when yet but it will definitely be hit.

[quote name='bzchanboy']This is actually being carried at TRU? Well damn, I'm changing where I'm buying it. Josh always brings it![/QUOTE] They will have the new bundle. Just remember :) I am working with them but I do not control the category however we are definitely going to bring it.

[quote name='WingsDJY']How about a deal for the upcoming Capcom game Remember Me? Maybe a $20-$25 gift card with purchase. Or $15 off instantly on release week.[/QUOTE] Working on something here, there doesn't seem to be much promo activity out there on this one yet for some reason.

How I miss the Toys R Us store and commercials of the 80's. I remember the store was so huge and organized they carried everything or so it seemed. The game wall was so cool with game slips two long aisles of NES games. I wanted to be at that store every weekend. My godfather would take me and and ask me to get whatever I wanted every weekend at one point I had the whole collection of He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, Micro Machines, GI Joes and my Darth Vadar Helmet filled with Star Wars toys. The good old times.

Well I still shop there for all my video games and I'm about to have my own son at 34 in a few months cant wait to take him to Toys R Us to bad it isn't what it use to be. Looking forward to some deals though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jza1218']Any chance we'll see anything special for Animal Crossing?[/QUOTE]I was about to ask that same question, as well as whether there could be any deals for the following titles:

:3ds:
Rune Factory 4
(7/16)
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (8/11)

Vita
Jak & Daxter Collection (6/18)
Muramasa Rebirth (6/25)

[quote name='SumPro']How I miss the Toys R Us store and commercials of the 80's. I remember the store was so huge and organized they carried everything or so it seemed. The game wall was so cool with game slips two long aisles of NES games. I wanted to be at that store every weekend. My godfather would take me and and ask me to get whatever I wanted every weekend at one point I had the whole collection of He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, Micro Machines, GI Joes and my Darth Vadar Helmet filled with Star Wars toys. The good old times.

Well I still shop there for all my video games and I'm about to have my own son at 34 in a few months cant wait to take him to Toys R Us to bad it isn't what it use to be. Looking forward to some deals though.[/QUOTE] I remember buying my first video game with my own money at TRU. Super Mario Brothers 3 for, and I want to remember this correctly, $54.99. Many fond memories back in the day. When I take my 3 year old it is always a special trip for him.

[quote name='Vigilante']I was about to ask that same question, as well as whether there could be any deals for the following titles:

:3ds:
Rune Factory 4
(7/16)
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (8/11)

Vita
Jak & Daxter Collection (6/18)
Muramasa Rebirth (6/25)

As for an Animal Crossing deal, I'd love to see something like the strategy guide for free like what has been done with other Nintendo releases. Both me and the girlfriend are looking to get animal crossing and it sounds like the strategy guide really helps out! :D

[quote name='FrontBurnr']

There is definitely a barometer on in store deals for if a title is too niche. However there is no such restriction for .com. Definitely one of the reasons I think the shipping issues you all have mentioned need to be addressed. Hopefully some progress can be made there because I definitely think deals on niche titles are more than possible.

[/QUOTE]

Im definitely looking forward to dragons crown. I hope that gets a gift card with purchase. Maybe you can even do a discount when you buy the Vita and PS3 versions together?

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Im definitely looking forward to dragons crown. I hope that gets a gift card with purchase. Maybe you can even do a discount when you buy the Vita and PS3 versions together?[/QUOTE]While that would be nice, I'm already getting the :ps3: version at a discount from Amazon ($29.99) thanks to my original preorder at that price from a couple of years ago. Maybe Josh could do two deals for that, one for those who want both and the other for those who just want a single version?

[quote name='Deader2818']Any chance on any kind of deal on Remember Me? Or has that been asked?[/QUOTE]
"remember me" the game from capcom? i am interested in that game also

[quote name='Deader2818']yeah, that one lol[/QUOTE]
the game is not getting any attention tho, i hope it turns out well. I like the unique combat style

[quote name='Deader2818']Any chance on any kind of deal on Remember Me? Or has that been asked?[/QUOTE] Yeah, I'm trying to work with them on something fairly last minute. Should be able to update today.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Im definitely looking forward to dragons crown. I hope that gets a gift card with purchase. Maybe you can even do a discount when you buy the Vita and PS3 versions together?[/QUOTE] I think that is very doable, will cover with them.

[quote name='BGriffith']As for an Animal Crossing deal, I'd love to see something like the strategy guide for free like what has been done with other Nintendo releases. Both me and the girlfriend are looking to get animal crossing and it sounds like the strategy guide really helps out! :D[/QUOTE] I've seen the deal, it could be possible. I'm really just jumping into the fray so what is able to be affected is tied to a certain window but will definitely see.

Thanks!

Question outside the realm of deals. Do you have access or can you find out specific numbers of stock going to local TRU's for a specific game.

Also are you thinking about nextgen (ps4,XboxONE) launch deals? Gotta get that attach rate up!

The Fallout New Vegas deal that came with a free guide was awesome. I forget if it was just the guide free, or a gift card + guide. Either way, great deal for a meaty game like that.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Hey Josh, i know it's bit too early to ask but will there be some kind of deal for the last of us?[/QUOTE]
Only on a first-come basis.

Hi Josh, Do you plan on doing an inventory check similar to what you did for SHC? (where we email you upc's and you can look up what stores in the area have a game)

[quote name='nnthomas']The Fallout New Vegas deal that came with a free guide was awesome. I forget if it was just the guide free, or a gift card + guide. Either way, great deal for a meaty game like that.[/QUOTE]

IIRC it was a $10GC and Free Guide. Pretty good deal.

[quote name='sadboy']Only on a first-come basis.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Wait, he announced it already?[/QUOTE]#-o

It was a joke--since the original post didn't say "The Last of Us", but "the last of us", any deal would be on a first-come basis...get it? :lol:

[quote name='Vigilante']#-o

It was a joke--since the original post didn't say "The Last of Us", but "the last of us", any deal would be on a first-come basis...get it? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't quit your day job cause your jokes are bad :lol:

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Don't quit your day job cause your jokes are bad :lol:[/QUOTE]Huh? I didn't make the joke, sadboy did. I was just clarifying for Lyricsborn that sadboy was making a joke and not being serious. :???:

[quote name='bzchanboy']Question outside the realm of deals. Do you have access or can you find out specific numbers of stock going to local TRU's for a specific game.

Also are you thinking about nextgen (ps4,XboxONE) launch deals? Gotta get that attach rate up![/QUOTE] We discussed this week on what would be the best way for me to be able to help find inventory for people looking for games. Since I don't have direct access to their systems we are just figuring out a process. We'll work something out. Regarding launch deals on next gen, definitely thinking of ideas but the buyer and even my suggestions will be based a lot on the context Microsoft/Sony provide.

[quote name='nnthomas']The Fallout New Vegas deal that came with a free guide was awesome. I forget if it was just the guide free, or a gift card + guide. Either way, great deal for a meaty game like that.[/QUOTE] All depends on the game, on our new site that will launch soon we will do a lot of crowdsourcing for deal ideas.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Hey Josh, i know it's bit too early to ask but will there be some kind of deal for the last of us?[/QUOTE] Not to early, I know what they already have planned though we are looking to potentially juice it up.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Is TRU doing a deal on Jak and Daxter for Vita?[/QUOTE] Nothing in the hopper yet though we discussed the potential of a community offer. On the radar, I want to update the June offers as soon as possible similar to how I did with KG. Just working out the slate.

Nothing in the hopper yet though we discussed the potential of a community offer. On the radar, I want to update the June offers as soon as possible similar to how I did with KG. Just working out the slate.[/QUOTE]

Anything to look forward to, re: Animal Crossing?

Not to early, I know what they already have planned though we are looking to potentially juice it up.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy just lost me when I tried to preorder Last of Us. If you get juicy, I'll jump on and never look back...

[quote name='ubdu']Best Buy just lost me when I tried to preorder Last of Us. If you get juicy, I'll jump on and never look back...[/QUOTE]

Can I ask what happened? I was going to preorder there myself, I have some RZ cards that have to be burned.

[quote name='Disp0sable13']so where is this coupon for the skylanders BOGO for 2$? is it in a weekly flyer or something online or emailed?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same thing, is it online only or in store? Taking the kid mini-golfing over by TRU tomorrow so maybe we'll stop in and see.

If I do though I hope they'll do another exchange on my Giants starter set. First one the included giant didn't work and this time round the portal's being wonky and while the giant works he's got all sorts of stray paint on him. They didn't want to exchange it the first time I was there but it's not too much to expect that such a thing works right and isn't damaged out of the box is it?

bread's done
Back