TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that i hated when buying new releases at kmart was missing out on dlc that other stores would have.

Josh, try and get exclusive dlc for some titles. TRU has done it before.

[quote name='Liquid Metal']One thing that i hated when buying new releases at kmart was missing out on dlc that other stores would have.

Josh, try and get exclusive dlc for some titles. TRU has done it before.[/QUOTE]
TRU definitely carries more market share than I had at Kmart, definitely something to work on.

Welcome back! Hoping for some good deals. I will shop at TRU if the deals are good enough. Try to get something for Pokemon X/Y.

Will be interesting to see what he can do with Toys-R-Us, KMART-Gamer was great while it lasted. The deals were amazing, but of course things frequently didn't run smoothly because of the stores failures'. Honestly it's going to be a pretty big challenge for him to bring deals at Toys-R-Us IMO. Their online shipping kills almost all deals, and their store (around here) isn't well stocked. They are almost, almost as challenged as KMART IMO (in terms of foot traffic it might be worse).

Toys-R-Us around here is at least in a nicer/newer shopping center, but their stock is very barren (although I can look past the old "clearance" stock if there are legit great deals on new releases). Hopefully what Josh is able to bring to the table can at least be effective in all areas in the country... and not just at certain stores that bother to participate.

[quote name='theflicker']You probably mean their coupons. Rewards don't have that restriction:

Rewards"R"Us Members who are not "R"Us Credit Cardholders - "R"Us Reward Dollars can be used towards the one-time purchase of qualifying products in-store or online at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us. Excludes gift cards, diapers, formula, photo studios, Thyme Maternity, Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling. Value is forfeited if item is returned. If used in-store, certificates must be surrendered at the time of purchase. Only one "R"Us Reward Dollar certificate can be redeemed per item for online purchases. Certificate prorated among eligible items purchased. See additional Terms and Conditions.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for it at the moment but I can confirm that the RZ certs did not work on games last year. It was a change that even prim4444 confirmed himself.

Welcome back. I hope you have great success with Tru! And in the meantime, deliver us sweet deals :) no pressure lol.

[quote name='PDJ']Welcome back. I hope you have great success with Tru! And in the meantime, deliver us sweet deals :) no pressure lol.[/QUOTE]
None at all, right :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']come on tru deals, make me want to shop there like i used to !!!![/QUOTE]
"I don't wanna grow up..." :cry:

Biggest problem with TRU is that the stuff goes OOS pretty quickly since they only keep certain qty. on hand.

[quote name='Donut2922']I can't speak for it at the moment but I can confirm that the RZ certs did not work on games last year. It was a change that even prim4444 confirmed himself.[/QUOTE]

It may have changed recently because I remember trying to use it before Easter to purchase some Skylander figures and the register wouldn't let me use it.

[quote name='nnthomas']ITS JOSH

My lord has returned. And I live within walking distance of a store, too. MAKE ME PROUD JOSH[/QUOTE]
I will do my best :) They have a great buying team over there. I think it is going to work out really well for everyone.

[quote name='kart007k']Biggest problem with TRU is that the stuff goes OOS pretty quickly since they only keep certain qty. on hand.[/QUOTE]
Retail in general for the most part, especially this late into the cycle. It should rebound soon and I will be able to help out in particular providing context to certain stores that you think need help from an inventory perspective.

TRU is overall a better customer service experience. Kmart was impossible to find anyone working near electronics to get into the game case. TRU issue can be finding someone available to help you in the game case when they are busier. If I go to TRU I try to go during the daytime on a weekday when it's empty, but don't even bother on the weekend or even some afternoons.

A Video Game Deal of the Day seems like a no brainer. That alone gets me to check what Best Buy is doing on a regular basis.

I can understand using coupons or gift cards to drive brand loyalty to TRU so I'm sure that's nothing new.

I never even consider TRU.com for a purchase due to the shipping charges, so obviously that's a consideration. One really awesome feature that no stores seem to do is make it possible to order something from another TRU. For example if I am trying to get the last copy of Chicken Shoot 2 on the GameBoy Advance and you have a store that has it in stock, allow me to order that for purchase or create a process in which something could be transferred to a local store for purchase.

Likewise, there are a number of items that TRU may have carried in the past, with limited stock remaining company wide, but it's not available where I can pick it up. The first issue is finding out if TRU even has any stores with the product, let alone trying to figure out which stores would have it. These items are no longer listed on the website so the chances are pretty low to clear this merchandise.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']TRU is overall a better customer service experience. Kmart was impossible to find anyone working near electronics to get into the game case. TRU issue can be finding someone available to help you in the game case when they are busier. If I go to TRU I try to go during the daytime on a weekday when it's empty, but don't even bother on the weekend or even some afternoons.

A Video Game Deal of the Day seems like a no brainer. That alone gets me to check what Best Buy is doing on a regular basis.

I can understand using coupons or gift cards to drive brand loyalty to TRU so I'm sure that's nothing new.

I never even consider TRU.com for a purchase due to the shipping charges, so obviously that's a consideration. One really awesome feature that no stores seem to do is make it possible to order something from another TRU. For example if I am trying to get the last copy of Chicken Shoot 2 on the GameBoy Advance and you have a store that has it in stock, allow me to order that for purchase or create a process in which something could be transferred to a local store for purchase.

Likewise, there are a number of items that TRU may have carried in the past, with limited stock remaining company wide, but it's not available where I can pick it up. The first issue is finding out if TRU even has any stores with the product, let alone trying to figure out which stores would have it. These items are no longer listed on the website so the chances are pretty low to clear this merchandise.[/QUOTE]
I think you are right on with all your suggestions.

Wow I'm stunned... Josh you've clearly been busy. Welcome the heck back.

Needless to say when I realized this was your thread and dealings I immediately got super excited.

Definitely feel like this is going to be my go to thread along with Warehouse now. I imagine TRU will be getting some of my coin from now on where they're usually losing to Amazon with free shipping via Prime. Hope they're looking forward to it. :D

Wow! Those are a lot of clearance items! Too bad most of them had the same clearance price for so long now... And imho most of it are all crap and should have more markdown than its current clearance prices like 50- 75% to get CAGs attention. $9.99 price tags for most of these wont cut it.

The greatest lesson you can teach TRU is that stock needs to be sold quickly and price drops need to be competitive to online and b&m competitors. This goes beyond videogames but, of course, applies to the gaming section as well.

Too many TRU stores around here have loads of merchandise that is a year or two old and is still full price. It's true, they do clearance games, but not always fast enough. Toys ... heck, let's be real ... no one is going to be buying those avatar toys from 2 years ago or the Thor toys that no one wanted, let alone at full price. My favorite is the huge Rorschach figures that were on shelves around here for years after the movie bombed.

Clearance faster, clearance smarter ... Stay competitive with your new stock ... Oh and bring back a Vita section.

Can't wait for the potential of this.
[quote name='FrontBurnr']
Clearance Lists: (Title, Price, Inventory Availability)

Key: Limited = Less than 100 / Medium = Less than 500 / Above Average = Less than 1000 / Strong = Above 1000

[/QUOTE]

I would highly recommend adding TRU SKN #'s if possible. Trying to search our system for games by title can be very troublesome.

[quote name='Donut2922']I can't speak for it at the moment but I can confirm that the RZ certs did not work on games last year. It was a change that even prim4444 confirmed himself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Marauder7']It may have changed recently because I remember trying to use it before Easter to purchase some Skylander figures and the register wouldn't let me use it.[/QUOTE]

The rewards that are issued as a result of the 10% back bonus rewards they offer during the holiday season have/will not work on video games.

All other rewards you receive outside of that promotion does not exclude video games and can be used.

[quote name='Phenomic']Wow I'm stunned... Josh you've clearly been busy. Welcome the heck back.

Needless to say when I realized this was your thread and dealings I immediately got super excited.

Definitely feel like this is going to be my go to thread along with Warehouse now. I imagine TRU will be getting some of my coin from now on where they're usually losing to Amazon with free shipping via Prime. Hope they're looking forward to it. :D[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the kind words :) I think we'll be able to do some cool things. It will take a little time but there is a ton of potential.

Now if Josh can get TRU to eliminate the video game software restrictions on those coupons they send my wife and I that would be great ;)

[quote name='sadboy']"I don't wanna grow up..." :cry:[/QUOTE]

One time I called to see if they had Skyrim during the $10 PC clearance days and they had the jingle on repeat for 20 minutes straight... I started singing along lol.

Welcome back Josh! Loved your work during the Kmart days, looking forward to seeing how this goes as well.

The closest TRU stores for me are over an hour away, so any kinds of online deals are definitely preferred. Would also be great to use shoprunner on games again.

Wb Josh, you were the only reason i bought games at kmart. Those $20 coupons on certain games kept me buying games just so the coupon wouldn't expire :)

A suggestion would be to have prices online be matched with prices in store. I stopped buying games at TRU when they had a game online for $9.99 and when i went in store it was $29.99 and they ouldn't match it. Also like others have suggested, have shop runner work with all games.

Have not bought games from TRU in a few years but things may change.

P.S. you should work with bestbuy, they already get all my gaming money.

There's been a lot of great suggestions on how to revamp Toys R Us' gaming department. Some things that would get me in store (and away from Best Buy) are:

Aggressive preordering incentives. Im talking gift cards and/or reduced price.

More robust clearance. Some of the prices of clearance games at my local TRU are higher than regular sale prices other places.

I also used to trade in my games at Toys R Us before BBY started doing it, what happened to that?

Welcome back! Your deals were the only reason I bought games at Kmart after not shopping there for many years. I'm hoping you can do the same for Toys R Us.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI if you find a clearance copy of Metro 2033 for 360 you can flip it on Amazon for about $80 before fees.[/QUOTE]:shock: WAT. I was happy enough to sell my copy in Like New condition for $46 before fees. There's always the chance that it won't sell at that price...at least that's what I'll keep telling myself. :oops:

omg it's Josh! A few weeks ago people were asking about him so I did some digging and read up on Frontburnr - didn't think he'd rejoin CAG.

my experiences with TRU have been terrible for the most part. they're Rewards dollars expires quickly and can't be used on games. Most coupons can't be used on games and even if they're not listed employees say no! hopefully Josh can help TRU.

I can't believe no one has asked about those prices yet. Are they online or in store? Are they YMMV? If I ring it up at my local TRU and it doesn't come up at that price, what do I tell them?

I have had TRU managers price match the website, but it was definitely a "chore" and they did tell me that it was not standard policy even though they would do it that one time.

bread's done
Back