TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
99% of the time deals posted on CAG are legit.  the community is pretty credible around here.  If anything, the only deals that are marked "YMMV" are the ones you need to ask and confirm yourself.

I was able to pick up the game and the giftcard with no issue at the local Toys R Us. Thanks for the great promotion. Look forward to doing more of my gaming shopping there in the future.

From what I heard, NCAA did really well with TRU yesterday. Thank you to everyone for sharing the deal out there in the interwebz and your friends!

They just called. The manager lady in the games department was really nice. Here is my receipt:

9iyats.jpg
I called my local Best Buy and was told they would not honor the Toys R Us deal. Bummer too because I was hoping to use Reward Zone certificates.

"$50 GC with 250GB or 4GB 360"  stopped in and they had signs for everything im shocked at such a turn around in this store. the person i spoke with said the deal was good on both the new and older systems. 

I couldn't find it in a thread search, but the 4GB 360 has to be the one with Kinect, correct?  This would be sweet if you could get the $199 4GB with a $50 GC.

Oh, and what's with the TRU negativity in this thread?  I've been to several different TRU's, and my experiences have all been great with excellent employees over the years.  I've always felt TRU was one of the better retailers to buy games at.

Josh,

Just a heads up... your OP says "50 GC with the purchase of 250GB or 4GB Xbox 360" but the in-store signage mentioned that it had to be a 4GB with kinect bundle.

Not listed anywhere in the store, but the NCAA 14 deal still rang up here in South Florida. I have to say, the staff there...let's just say people have no reason to complain about Best Buy employees...

Anyone else finding the game crashes a lot? I got it on 360.

I couldn't find it in a thread search, but the 4GB 360 has to be the one with Kinect, correct? This would be sweet if you could get the $199 4GB with a $50 GC.

Oh, and what's with the TRU negativity in this thread? I've been to several different TRU's, and my experiences have all been great with excellent employees over the years. I've always felt TRU was one of the better retailers to buy games at.
i was thinking the same but no. not ever store is the same my tru has been bad. looks ike this store is turning around they had stock of all the promotions.

Josh,

Just a heads up... your OP says "50 GC with the purchase of 250GB or 4GB Xbox 360" but the in-store signage mentioned that it had to be a 4GB with kinect bundle.
4gig kinect or 250gig (no kinect) on the plus side they told me it could be the new system or the old.

i think josh turned water into wine with this store we will see if it holds up.

3288.jpg

Had them put a game on hold and when I got there the CS couldn't get it to show up in their register. The cashier had me take the game to the gaming section. Sure enough it rang up there.

i was thinking the same but no. not ever store is the same my tru has been bad. looks ike this store is turning around they had stock of all the promotions.

4gig kinect or 250gig (no kinect) on the plus side they told me it could be the new system or the old.

i think josh turned water into wine with this store we will see if it holds up.

3288.jpg
My store had the sign up as well. Even better, instead of the promo gift card that expires, they gave me a real $25 gift card since they had no promo cards left.

So this Josh is the Kmart dude from way back? I quit them after nothing but hassles at my stores and then the dump closed. :D You were the only good thing I ever associated with Kmart.

Someone mentioned the promo gift cards expire for the NCAA deal? I remember Kmart deals had short expiration dates what is the word on these gift cards or was poster above misleading? Thanks i'll be watching and good luck at TRU.

Had to share my luck today. Grabbed the 30% off coupon and went to my local Toys R Us to find a good deal. After scouring through the bargain section, I found a brand-new copy of LOZ: Spirit Tracks for $14.99 on clearance and a used copy of Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $6.99. After coupons applied, the total was 15 bucks.

Even if I never purchase another item from Toys R Us, I'm a happy customer. Thanks for showing me the way CAG.

Had to share my luck today. Grabbed the 30% off coupon and went to my local Toys R Us to find a good deal. After scouring through the bargain section, I found a brand-new copy of LOZ: Spirit Tracks for $14.99 on clearance and a used copy of Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $6.99. After coupons applied, the total was 15 bucks.

Even if I never purchase another item from Toys R Us, I'm a happy customer. Thanks for showing me the way CAG.
I don't know if you have a Kmart by you but Spirit Tracks is 5 bucks there. I have an out of the way Kmart that has loads of them. Nice find on the Vegas Ultimate, though

Someone mentioned the promo gift cards expire for the NCAA deal? I remember Kmart deals had short expiration dates what is the word on these gift cards or was poster above misleading? Thanks i'll be watching and good luck at TRU.
The promo gift cards that my store has right now have an expiration date of 11/2. I cannot confirm that other stores don't still have the old ones though. Iirc, those expired at the beginning of August.

Yeah that's the problem I have with TRUs gift cards, they always have a short expiration date. However here's a trick if you want to extend change them to a standard gift card with no expiration date. Buy anything that costs more than your gift card, don't open it, then come back and return that unopened item and they will refund the amount you paid with a gift card on to a standard TRU gift card that has no expiration date.

I don't know if you have a Kmart by you but Spirit Tracks is 5 bucks there. I have an out of the way Kmart that has loads of them. Nice find on the Vegas Ultimate, though
Seriously? That game doesn't sell for less than 20 near me. I've checked everywhere as well. Oh well - good find though.

Yeah that's the problem I have with TRUs gift cards, they always have a short expiration date. However here's a trick if you want to extend change them to a standard gift card with no expiration date. Buy anything that costs more than your gift card, don't open it, then come back and return that unopened item and they will refund the amount you paid with a gift card on to a standard TRU gift card that has no expiration date.
I've had a manager tell me this in the past, when TRU offered gc more often with games.

This is part of why I hate GC deals, I prefer to get $20 less on a game on the spot than a $25GC. I do understand their resoning is that you go twice to the store instead of one so you might just buy twice of the stuff they have around a store :oldman:

I picked up the last copy of NCAA 14 for the Xbox 360 and got the $25 gift with no problems around lunchtime. The card says 6 hours until it is activated. I went back by TRU on my way home about 4 hours later to pick up some Crayola products (buy 1 get 2 free) and the gift card was not active yet. I was hoping to use it so I would not have to worry about losing it. Best deal on the game, though.

In and out in minutes just before closing. Signs up for GC and plenty both NCAA versions in stock. Don't shop here much but never failed on a deal or stock here, Florence KY. Promo cards expire in November.

Keep me coming back mr gamer man!

No issues grabbing my copy of NCAA. The dude was super helpful and also informed me about the 6 hr rule with the GC. Expiration date isn't a biggie cuz we are a month away from my son's arrival so we're always going to Babies R Us, where they GC can be spent.

I'm not sure if this has been reported but my TRU was taking preorders for the PS4 (didn't see anything for the Xbox One). The cost was $20 but according to the ticket it supposedly guarantees one on release day.

I'm going to guess they had 20 or so tickets available and I live in a small market. To me that says Sony is confident that they'll have plenty of units available at launch.

^  Yeah I haven't seen anything either. On their website though they do have a coupon for 20% off a clearance item and it actually doesn't exclude games or gaming hardware. Could be good if your store has anything that ends in "8" or "0"

Anything cooking for Pikmin 3 Josh?  I purposely held from preordering this game due to see what in store specials might be in the works.  I would hate to have to resort to preordering from your old employer to receive $15 in Shop Your Way Rewards for the game.  A gift card in that ballpark from TRU would be awesome ;)

with ncaa not renewing their licence with ea that might make more people buy this game
only those who are uninformed....they extended their agreement with the organization that actually allows them to use school names, colors, mascot, etc. There are some that aren't part of it but the majority of schools are included. If the lawsuit goes against EA and is of great financial libality, that will actually be of concern but the NCAA not signing for an extension won't stop the game from being made.

Thread updated, pretty light week. Starts to heat up in August.
I can only hope Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and the physical release of New Super Luigi U are a part of that. :pray:

C'mon, Josh, make my birth month memorable for TRU! :applause:

I saw on another site that Canada is getting a black 3ds xl. I hope it is released in the States and I really really hope TRU does another buy an xl and a select high profile game like New Leaf or Dream Team save $40

Thread updated, pretty light week. Starts to heat up in August.
Glad you're back on CAG, Josh. Thanks solely to your work and the promotions you helped put together, I bought a number of games and a 3DS at Kmart during the 2011 fall/winter.

Now as a Wii U owner, I'm hoping you'll get me back on that coupon/gift card train in the months ahead. If anyone can get me to buy games at TRU, it's you.

bread's done
Back