TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping for maybe a B1G1 50% off Wii U and 3DS games since there are alot of great titles out now for the 3DS.

I'm also hoping they have a 2 for $60 sale like last year when Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs were out around that time except with newer titles this time.

I think TRU is due for a B1G1 50% off, I haven't seen that deal in awhile.

Updated thread with value game deal through 9/7.

3 for $30 All $14.99 and $19.99 Video Games.  Must buy 3 for offer.

Has anybody seen Dragon's Crown for Vita at a TRU store?  I was gonna use my $25 gift card from NCAA for it, but not showing up in stock online or in stores.  Just wondering if maybe site hasn't updated since game just came out on Tuesday.

Will TRU stock Mario & Luigi today?
They did at mine and had a sign up that said buy Dream Team and get any Nintendo accessory for strategy guide worth under 20 bucks for free. So I got the game and strategy guide was for free. Employees were doing the same. Seems this was unadvertised as I was surprised to see this in store. I went in looking at the 3 for 30 deal and came out with Dream Team and guide as fate would have it.

Sorry, not free but guide or accessory for $.99

So who is Portal 2 for the 36o 29.99 on the website but 19.99 in store?

Has anybody seen Dragon's Crown for Vita at a TRU store?

So who do I email to get Amazon to price match?

Will TRU stock Mario & Luigi today?
calm down minions

I picked up Dream Team and the chick said the promo expired already lmao she was a cutie so I didnt snap. Kindly asked her to check and she was wrong of course.

So after thinking about it for most of the morning and review some comments on the thread I decided to order

Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! for 3DS for in store pickup.

Are those clearance games in the orginal post recent clearance items? My tru didnt have a lot left but i was busy looking at games for 3 for $30 and didnt really look at others and i didnt realize some were $9.98

Also... does this mario and luigi dream team deal woth for $19.99 games? Or is it just guides and accessories? I havent even beaten bowsers side story yet so im in no rush for dream team but if i can get yet another $19.99 game for cheap im in.

The signs specifically said "guide or accessory" only. Of course, maybe tckilla took a $19.99 game up without a guide or accessory and it worked. If so, that would be the first person to report it. He didn't specifically say he tried that though so I wouldn't count on it

The signs specifically said "guide or accessory" only. Of course, maybe tckilla took a $19.99 game up without a guide or accessory and it worked. If so, that would be the first person to report it. He didn't specifically say he tried that though so I wouldn't count on it
It does?

Well the online ad certainly doesn't:

yhem.jpg

Unless they need a lesson on how to use commas

Maybe the TRU rep can find time to clarify

That sucks I went into toys r us today spend 20mins trying to figure out something to buy I just settled for Golden Sun Dark Dawn ......with there slim pickings the deal felt stupid

Yesterday I was able to get M&L:DT and Portal 2 came up for .99. It rang up that way, I didn't even tell the checkout lady. Gonna trade Portal 2 in at GS. Good deal, thanks

This may have been mentioned somewhere in the list, but I didn't see it cruising through - just an FYI, you can actually combine the Mario & Luigi deal with the 3 for $30 deal. My purchase was this:

Mario and Luigi - $40

Hitman Absolution - $0.99

Dark Souls - $10

Adventure Time Hey Ice King - $10

for $60.98 before tax/shipping. I was considering just buying Mario and Luigi and one other, and was deciding between Hitman and Dark Souls. But then I saw the 3/$30 promotion in my cart and added Adventure Time, expecting one of the promos to cancel out, but they didn't - which was basically like getting AT for free, since without the promo it was Mario/Luigi $40, Hitman $0.99 and Dark Souls $20, totaling the same $60.98.

It still registers the 99-cent game in the three-for-$30 promo even though it's not $10 like the other two. The $20-and-under selection's not GREAT, but I saw a few other decent games I already had.

This may have been mentioned somewhere in the list, but I didn't see it cruising through - just an FYI, you can actually combine the Mario & Luigi deal with the 3 for $30 deal. My purchase was this:

Mario and Luigi - $40
Hitman Absolution - $0.99
Dark Souls - $10
Adventure Time Hey Ice King - $10

for $60.98 before tax/shipping. I was considering just buying Mario and Luigi and one other, and was deciding between Hitman and Dark Souls. But then I saw the 3/$30 promotion in my cart and added Adventure Time, expecting one of the promos to cancel out, but they didn't - which was basically like getting AT for free, since without the promo it was Mario/Luigi $40, Hitman $0.99 and Dark Souls $20, totaling the same $60.98.

It still registers the 99-cent game in the three-for-$30 promo even though it's not $10 like the other two. The $20-and-under selection's not GREAT, but I saw a few other decent games I already had.
Neat, too bad shipping sucks and Shoprunner, as always, is utterly worthless. It's no wonder to me that they gave me two free years of it. So far it hasn't cost them anything.

Neat, too bad shipping sucks and Shoprunner, as always, is utterly worthless. It's no wonder to me that they gave me two free years of it. So far it hasn't cost them anything.
True - I considered joining Shoprunner to get the shipping free, but when I set it up and realized how it works (I figured you just put in your membership info somewhere on Toysrus' checkout and boom - ha, not so much) I canceled right off.

Shipping/tax hurt it, but I figure it's still four reasonably-well-received games for less than $20 each.

I've received an update that the current 3 for $30 offer is being discontinued today. I am awaiting further information and will relay as soon as I learn more. 

That sucks. Probably those lowlife cags who have no respect for the hard work you are doing and decided to price match games instead of just taking part of it in the honest way.

Thanks for your help here josh.

I've received an update that the current 3 for $30 offer is being discontinued today. I am awaiting further information and will relay as soon as I learn more.

That sucks. I might as well go in today as I planned on getting M&L Dream Team anyways. It would be nice to just educate the associates so that they're not allowing customers to double dip so the rest of us can enjoy the deals...

I would like some clarification.. the online ad makes it seem like if I buy M&L: Dream Team I can get any $19.99 game for just $.99 but others have said in store signage says just accessories and guides.

Do you know what it actually is?

I have been told it is any game, guide or accessory 19.99 or less that should ring up free. I will ask for further clarification. That's what I have up on my site as well. 

I have been told it is any game, guide or accessory 19.99 or less that should ring up free. I will ask for further clarification. That's what I have up on my site as well.
I haven't been into TRU in a few weeks but that was my interpretation based on the ad but only asked because someone said the signage clearly stated guide or accessory ONLY.

Thanks for the response. Well find out in a few hours regardless.

That sucks. I might as well go in today as I planned on getting M&L Dream Team anyways. It would be nice to just educate the associates so that they're not allowing customers to double dip so the rest of us can enjoy the deals...

I would like some clarification.. the online ad makes it seem like if I buy M&L: Dream Team I can get any $19.99 game for just $.99 but others have said in store signage says just accessories and guides.

Do you know what it actually is?
The signs are kind of confusing, but if you look close enough, you will see a comma between video game and accessory, so the sign will look like this- video game,accessory. I thought at first it was with games but one of my co workers said games qualified as well so I looked at the sign and noticed it.

It is definitely a launch week offer. Big priority for TRU.
You can say that again!

Bummer. Was hoping to check out a TRU while I was on vacation later this week to see if I could find Portal 2.

That sucks. I would have made multiple purchases if there was actually anything I didn't already have. I was really looking forward to the sale lasting til 9/7 and hoping we got more stuff in.

Yeah, I was hoping the sale would last longer too.  I placed one order but definitely would have made a second especially since I'll be at a TRU this weekend (I live an hour from the nearest one so its a trip).  Disappointing.

Any news on a B2G1 or anything this coming week? I have wanted a pikmin deal since launch and to be honest I wasnt thrilled enough with the mario and luigi deal either, I dont want some game that will sit in my backlog. Now disney infinity is coming out and I would love to get the three of them... I saw the Infinity coupon, and maybe im being picky, but $60 alone is still too steep for me, this is cheap ass gamer but all 3 for $120 I would have to bite on.

Hey Josh, any idea if there'll be a deal for Saint's Row IV next week?  Looked through the thread and didn't see any mention.

Hey Josh-

I remember TRU Kmart did a buy one, get one 50% off back when SR3 was released. Any chance they can do that next week? With SRIV, The Bureau, Infinity, and Blacklist coming out, I'd be all over getting 2 of those for $90.

Any news on a B2G1 or anything this coming week? I have wanted a pikmin deal since launch and to be honest I wasnt thrilled enough with the mario and luigi deal either, I dont want some game that will sit in my backlog. Now disney infinity is coming out and I would love to get the three of them... I saw the Infinity coupon, and maybe im being picky, but $60 alone is still too steep for me, this is cheap ass gamer but all 3 for $120 I would have to bite on.
Yes, I've got the details for a big ad for TRU next week. I'm working to get it up on my blog and here today. Was going to post it yesterday but the info didn't come through all the way. It's a very solid set of deals.

Hey Josh do you know anything about a TRU exclusive "Crystal" Lightning McQueen Infinity figure and how it will be available?

Not a cool move by TRU as I did an in-store pickup on my way home from work yesterday but did not have time to look at the games I wanted to buy. I was planning on going after work today as this sale was scheduled to run for a while. I know it is not your fault Josh but TRU doesn't seem to be much better than Kmart sometimes... Very disappointed with the last minute change by TRU.

Yes, I've got the details for a big ad for TRU next week. I'm working to get it up on my blog and here today. Was going to post it yesterday but the info didn't come through all the way. It's a very solid set of deals.
THANKS JOSH! I am so glad to have you back, KMart was the only place I bought games when you were there, and after you left it felt like nobody was even trying to take my money. I understand it takes some time to get into the swing of things but I will be here waiting for when it happens(hopefully this week). Ill be looking forward to the details for sunday!

bread's done
Back