TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, just so I make sure my math is right. If I use the 20% off coupon and buy two Infinity starter packs it should work out like this:

Starter pack #1: $74.99 - 20% = $60

+ free figure

+ free disc

Starter pack #2: $74.99 - 50% = $37.50

+free figure

+ free disc

So I can get two games plus figures for less than $100

When I preorded the Starter Pack it didn't say anything about getting the free disc pack, only the free character. Is the free disc only online, or is it guaranteed for in store preorders too?

I preordered today as well and the cashier told me she did not need to scan my TRU rewards card. She said only to scan it on the pickup. Weird.

Now that you mention it, the cashier did take my e-mail during checkout even though she did not scan my rewards card. Maybe I will still get the free disc e-mail?

I think its best to try

OK, just so I make sure my math is right. If I use the 20% off coupon and buy two Infinity starter packs it should work out like this:

+ free figure

+ free disc

+free figure

+ free disc

can I still run to tru and preorder instore? This sounds like the best deal for now.

Yes, I preordered in store today. I preordered two copies (360 and WiiU). The cashier took my e-mail but not my rewards card. Can those who preordered in store confirm that they received an e-mail for the free disc?

Yes, I preordered in store today. I preordered two copies (360 and WiiU). The cashier took my e-mail but not my rewards card. Can those who preordered in store confirm that they received an e-mail for the free disc?
The offer for the free power disc was only available during a certain time frame, I don't recall at the moment.

The promotion is still listed on the website if I preordered right now. Is it confirmed that it ever existed in store?
Hopefully the email will just come in later then. Take a print out of the webpage with you just in case you don't get the email then. I know there were offeres sent out in emails. The last one I received that mentioned the free power disc was on 8/7. I don't believe I ever saw anything in store about the offer.

I wasn't aware you could get the pre-order freebies and use the 20% at the same time, since you have to pre-order the game prior to the 18th to get said freebies, and you can't use the coupon UNTIL the 18th.

I look forward to taking advantage of the BOGO 40% off deal at Toys R Us.  Could use some new games before going back to college.

Cross-posted this on the Disney Infinity thread.

I just placed a few in-store pickup orders on Toys R Us' website. It's BOGO 50% everything Disney Infinity (including starter sets if you want to go splits-ies with a friend) except the Power Disc packs, which are BOGO $1. Was not able to get 20% off coupon to stack (works if you only have one item in your cart), but I don't know if it'll be locked out if you try in-store.

Also noticed Crystal Lightning McQueen was quickly becoming unavailable for in-store pickup. I wonder if there were any held back for walk-ins. I wound up doing my in-store pickup for Crystal McQueen at an in-mall TRU Express, so be sure to check those out if you're on the hunt.

EDIT: Looks like the preorder offer is still listed, but it wouldn't zero-out the figure and disc pack. However, it did seem like that was one instance where the 20% off coupon and BOGO 50% offer did stack (20% off game, 50% off figure, net roughly equivalent to preorder deal value).
My plan was to try to use the 20% off coupon when I pick up my starter pack reservation (which I did in-store). Hopefully that's able to stack with the preorder bonus.

+ free figure

+ free disc

+free figure

+ free disc

I don't think you can stack the 20% off and the 50% off. At least, it doesn't seem like you can online.

I don't think you can stack the 20% off and the 50% off. At least, it doesn't seem like you can online.
You are correct. Coupon says on regular priced Disney Infinity items, and the second starter pack wouldn't be regular price. You could try to get them to push it through, but it all depends on the store, some stores will, some stores won't.

So speaking of the game, I'm kind of tempted to get it, it looks pretty fun, especially the toy box mode, but do you guys think they will release Marvel or Star Wars figures? If they have plans on that, I definitely will get it.

I think the 20% off is only for the first starter set you buy, not the second. So you should be able to get the first set 20% off and the second for 50% off. Should work instore.

I think the 20% off is only for the first starter set you buy, not the second. So you should be able to get the first set 20% off and the second for 50% off. Should work instore.
Getting the 50% off the second item is based on buying the first item at regular price. If you get the first set for 20% off, it is no longer regular price. Some stores may do it, but, really, they shouldn't, as it's B1G1 50% off, not B1 at 20% off, G1 at 50% off.

Lol no one at my tru
If the game doesn't suck, they'll still end up selling like crazy. Skylanders didn't take off right away either. I can't believe there are still no reviews for this game. Pretty worrying but if it completely sucks I'll just return everything lol.

Similar story here. Tried to pick up my preorder, but free figure would not ring up (whether TRU exclusive Crystal Lightning McQueen or the normal ones), so the clerk was going to just deduct the value from the game price. This was a worse value than just using the 20% off coupon, so I elected to just buy the figure by itself & pair it up w/ another for the BOGO 50% deal. I was told to expect an email for the free Power Disc but haven't received one yet (I preordered this past Thursday).

Also, 20% off coupon won't stack w/ the other offers. I guess it's a fair deal for whoever is disciplined enough to just buy one thing.

Heads up, Orlandians, the Altamonte TRU (regular, non-Express store) was missing all of their boxes of the Dash figure. I don't know if other stores in the area have the same issue. Also, there were still at least three pegs full of the exclusive Crystal Lightning McQueen despite it being unavailable for store pickup on the website.

If the game doesn't suck, they'll still end up selling like crazy. Skylanders didn't take off right away either. I can't believe there are still no reviews for this game. Pretty worrying but if it completely sucks I'll just return everything lol.
My strategy as well.

Similar story here. Tried to pick up my preorder, but free figure would not ring up (whether TRU exclusive Crystal Lightning McQueen or the normal ones), so the clerk was going to just deduct the value from the game price. This was a worse value than just using the 20% off coupon, so I elected to just buy the figure by itself & pair it up w/ another for the BOGO 50% deal. I was told to expect an email for the free Power Disc but haven't received one yet (I preordered this past Thursday).

Also, 20% off coupon won't stack w/ the other offers. I guess it's a fair deal for whoever is disciplined enough to just buy one thing.

Heads up, Orlandians, the Altamonte TRU (regular, non-Express store) was missing all of their boxes of the Dash figure. I don't know if other stores in the area have the same issue. Also, there were still at least three pegs full of the exclusive Crystal Lightning McQueen despite it being unavailable for store pickup on the website.
My store gave me the Starter, Lightning figure, and Power Disc + 20% off after some what lengthy override.

Infinity Power Disc Pk 0.00 T1
712725023768 T
IMMEDIATE MARKDOWN 4.99 - 4.98
097456 BOGO 50% OFF 0.01-0.01
EX INFINITY LIGHTNING 0.01 T1
712725024376 T
IMMEDIATE MARKDOWN 13.99 - 13.98
PRE-SELL DEPOSIT 1.00-
XB360 INFINITY PACK 59.99 T1
PERCENT MARKDOWN 20% 74.99 - 15.00
097456 BOGO 50% OFF 59.99-0.00
REFUND PRICE 59.98
SUBTOTAL IC 3 59.00
T1 5.300% TAX 3.18
TOTAL 62.18

Made out like a fat rat. Got two starter packs (20% off one with coupon + 50% off the other), price matched levels to Target, price matched three packs to figures to Wal-Mart, two free figures from preorder and a few power discs. TRU was awesome today.

Made out like a fat rat. Got two starter packs (20% off one with coupon + 50% off the other), price matched levels to Target, price matched three packs to figures to Wal-Mart, two free figures from preorder and a few power discs. TRU was awesome today.
Yeah, I'm pretty pleased. I got:

360 Starter

Lightning Crystal

2 Disc Packs + 1 Toy R Us Pack

All for around $68. I will price match the playsets at Bestbuy today if the reviews are good, and I end up keeping the game.

Apparently (according to a post at Neogaf) the Game Informer review of Disney Infinity will go up at noon cst. Hopefully that's true and we'll see some damn reviews finally.

The 20% wouldn't work. How did you manage that?

The TRU exclusive figure doesn't work with the free figure you get when you pick up your game, but all the other ones should, thats how it is at my store.

UGH so I purchased   10 coin packs today (Including exclusive one)

I got a whole bunch of redundant coins after opening them... I def need to trade these with somebody.

I would say 40-50% was redundant!!!

UGH so I purchased 10 coin packs today (Including exclusive one)

I got a whole bunch of redundant coins after opening them... I def need to trade these with somebody.

I would say 40-50% was redundant!!!
There's only 21 different ones right now (the extra one is the TRU exclusive in every TRU exclusive pack). I'm thinking the future 9 power discs exclusive to TRU will also be one per pack, with the extra one from the other 20. So I only picked up a few of the two packs (one w/ pre-order, one TRU exclusive, and three regular two packs - keep in mind, the game comes with one disc as well). Now that I typed that, I might've got too many for my own plan ;)

Well so I got 20 coins I just need to somehow trade these redundant ones for unique ones. I ain't buying no more.

My son saw a trailer for Disney Infinity and said he wanted it for Christmas.  This deal is tempting, but I need to hold off until the holiday season!  Hope the reviews are positive for this game.

Does anyone know if online co-op is split screen like local co-op ,or does each player get a full screen experience ?

Well, dammit, I wasn't going to buy in to this because of the expense, but with the great deals (and the wife and kid egging me on) I ended up doing pretty well at TRU.  

Picked up the starter kit (PS3 with 20% off coupon), sidekick pack (pm to Walmart), Cars playset (pm to Target), Crystal McQueen and Dash figures (B1G1 50% off), and 6 packs of power discs (2 TRU ones, and 4 regular ones).  Luckily, I received no duplicates except for Mike's Car (which I figured I would trade the extra for something I didn't have as it was exclusive).  Then I went back and grabbed the last remaining TRU exclusive book to hold the power discs in and used another 20% off coupon on it, making it 8.00.  The book is pretty nice, I like it more than the capsule containers, and you can see which discs you are missing.  Glad I decided to go back and grab it. Pretty happy with my haul, but haven't tried the game yet lol, I heard the PS3 version was having patch issues.

For everything I got, ended up spending 138.00 before taxes, which isn't too bad unless I think about it too much.  Was contemplating getting the villain pack (for 15), but decided I didn't really like Randall or Davy Jones, and would probably hardly ever play as Syndrome.  I had to really suppress the collector inside of me, this is why I stayed far away from Skylanders lol.  

Also, my TRU had almost no Violet, they were sold out when I got there around 2 pm, but had plenty of all the others, including the exclusive McQueen. Well, except for the Cars playset, I snagged the last one of them, along with the last exclusive power disc book/binder. Had about 15 packs of the TRU discs left as well.  I was kind of expecting the crystal McQueen to be rarer.  My plan now is to wait until a B1G1 and maybe snag Violet and Syndrome, I have plenty to play with until then.

Oh, and the Lone Ranger playsets looked like they had not been touched, lol.

my toysrus makes me cut out the ad from my newspaper and keeps it. It's very annoying, is this the policy at all stores or just mine?

bread's done
Back