TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
there were tons of kids in the TRU near me buying infinity with their clueless parents. Lots of questions being asked to the employees. The biggest complaint i heard were those stupid power discs and I don't blame them. "What? we don't even know what's in them? I don't want duplicates". Some parents were even yelling at the workers.. it's not like they designed the game chill out.

from what I saw infinity is a hit, most of the stock in my store was gone by the end of the day. 

I bit the bullet, I was not expecting to put the money down for the game but I just couldn't pass up the deal. You are doing a great job Josh and definitely got my sale. I look forward to the deals to come(Maybe by the time wonderful 101 comes out there will be a deal with pikmin 3? cough)

Excludes Skylanders, Disney Infinity Starter Packs, Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo 3DS, Star Fox 64 3D for Nintendo 3DS and sale items. Must add to cart 2 eligible items for offer to apply. Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to lowest priced item purchased.

It seems these are the only ones excluded. Should work on Pre-orders.
It excludes the 2 specific games I was thinking about buying?

Why, God... whyyyy?

the only way it is stealing skylanders is in the figures. the games are totally different and imo from what I have seen and played it is better. there is so much going on in disney and the ability to put out games for their licenses that are not as long of games but they dont suck. Also from what I have seen in terms of the 3 stores I went to to pick it up today, it is selling very well. I am seeing parents who I am sure know nothing about the game stop at the displays with their children because they are franchises that the kids love and with Toy Story and Wreck-it Ralph coming, I will be very happy. I enjoyed what I have played of skylanders but if you are really expecting infinity to flop I would ask for you not to hold your breath.

Why would you want it to flop?
Honestly, I don't like the business model of selling those figures. I can see Nintendo making their next Pokemon game like this. Find a new Pokemon? Great, go buy him then you can use him! I think Skylanders set a bad precedent for gamers and this is continuing it. If it fails the others will be less likely to try this. This takes the complaints of "DLC on disk" to a whole new level.

Honestly, I don't like the business model of selling those figures. I can see Nintendo making their next Pokemon game like this. Find a new Pokemon? Great, go buy him then you can use him! I think Skylanders set a bad precedent for gamers and this is continuing it. If it fails the others will be less likely to try this. This takes the complaints of "DLC on disk" to a whole new level.
While I also don't like it as it gets expensive - at least you get something tangible that you can either sell or loan to someone else after you use them. Can't really do that with traditional DLC codes.

So where is the 20% off TRU coupon for Disney Infinity?  I may stop on my way home from work and surprise the kids...

Don't be such a hater.

Have you ever thought maybe that people actually like this kind of interactivity?

Nintendo is doing it with Pokemon rumble for the wii u. The figures are cheap though and at random.
You know what it's like? Free to play games. Hey man, here's the game. Want to go to that cool new area? Pay us money to unlock it except in this case you're already paying for the full game.

From a business model it's genius. Take a successful and unknown franchise like Skylanders and use Disney characters that people have grew up with and have adored. It won't fail, in fact Skylander's is gonna hit hard against a franchise like Disney.

It's only a matter of time before they release Marvel, Star Wars, or even *gasp Kingdom Hearts Playsets.

From a business model it's genius. Take a successful and unknown franchise like Skylanders and use Disney characters that people have grew up with and have adored. It won't fail, in fact Skylander's is gonna hit hard against a franchise like Disney.
It's only a matter of time before they release Marvel, Star Wars, or even *gasp Kingdom Hearts Playsets.
I agree its genius from a business perspective but it sucks for gamers and that's why I want it to fail. Trust me, I know that it's chances of failing are really low. The price of these being 50% higher is pretty crazy too. I wonder why they didnt just go for 14.99 or 19.99 per figure since it seems like people are willing to pay 13.99. I bet they try 19.99 for Star Wars or something just to see if the market will bear that price.

I agree its genius from a business perspective but it sucks for gamers and that's why I want it to fail. Trust me, I know that it's chances of failing are really low. The price of these being 50% higher is pretty crazy too. I wonder why they didnt just go for 14.99 or 19.99 per figure since it seems like people are willing to pay 13.99. I bet they try 19.99 for Star Wars or something just to see if the market will bear that price.
I would compare the disney figures to the giants pricing! They are about the same size.

8/18 through 8/24:

• Buy a 3DS/3DSXL get Kid Icarus or Star Fox 64 3D free
So... am I missing something, or is this a cool deal?

I'm definitely interested in Kid Icarus, so if I get this, I'd be saving at least $35. That's better than the last $25 off deal everyone was so excited about.

I'm probably taking a trip to TRU this weekend. :D

microwave.gif

It won't fail. Right now people are just now learning about it but come Christmas time kids will be begging for it after playing at a friends out already. It won't feel from me because I'm onl missing 5 figures and 9 power disc. And I've already preordered Wave 2 stuff. I'll continue to feed the beast. Me and my little one have a blast playing it together so yep I'll keep buying.

I can't decide if I want to buy this game now or wait until bf and hope its cheaper then $60..if only they'd release a nightmare before Christmas play set instead of just one figure then I'll be all over this shit.

Time to crack some skulls on the web dev team. I was getting asked for a password for webdevtestserver.com. Found this in the source.

Code:
            [URL="#"]Save $10[/URL]
            http://www.webdevtestserver.com/test/2013/08-Aug/TRU/080113_LP_GRID/toys-card.jpg
            with you ''R'' Us Credit Card Disney Infinity purchase of $100 or more

Does this work if I choose to preorder games? Like, if I preorder Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon?
the b1g40% off yes

I am surprised there is no chatter about b1g1 40% off at tru online including preorders.

Does this work in store too? Or do they not do pre orders in store? Haven't stepped inside a toys r us in years
yes you can do instore pickup. of course the next question is, will they be doing midnight release. if that does not matter to you then no big deal.

another thought was if you order for delivery and preorder 2 games, the first released game you get for $36 and then you cancel the later release....is that doable?

I am surprised there is no chatter about b1g1 40% off at tru online including preorders.
It also works on PREORDERS!
Maybe you'll have better luck, but I think there hasn't been any chatter because all those orders keep getting canceled. I've tried different combos of games, on different days, at different times, and all of them get canceled within 24 hours. If anyone else has gotten this to work, kudos.

Maybe you'll have better luck, but I think there hasn't been any chatter because all those orders keep getting canceled. I've tried different combos of games, on different days, at different times, and all of them get canceled within 24 hours. If anyone else has gotten this to work, kudos.
dang now this is a mega bummer :/ was hoping to get Pokemon X/Y

ouch that stinks,.

I purchased pokemon x and pokemon y on 8/22 and 2 GTA V on 8/23 and my orders weren't canceled yet..

• Buy a 3DS/3DSXL get Kid Icarus or Star Fox 64 3D free
wncf.jpg

Doesn't seem to be working for me. Darn, after all this time waiting for a decent 3ds deal too. Anyone else have luck with this?

Is it true the Infinity Starter Pack will be $50 at the trade event?
Just saw some leaked coupons.
Don't know about $50, I saw the $20 off leaked coupon which brings it down to $55, if that's what you mean. If legit, a lot of people are gonna be ticked that it dropped in price that much in just 3 weeks. That said, it is only for the one day, right? That's a pretty small window

Don't know about $50, I saw the $20 off leaked coupon which brings it down to $55, if that's what you mean. If legit, a lot of people are gonna be ticked that it dropped in price that much in just 3 weeks. That said, it is only for the one day, right? That's a pretty small window
Not sure if this is the best link for the trade event info:

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/08/22/infinity-and-beyond-details-on-september-7th-toys-r-us-trade-event/

Source of link came from the Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318621-disney-infinity-deals-compilation-thread/

seems like the Buy One get One 40% OFF offer is gone :/

I wanted to change my shipping address and cancelled my preorder accidentally... now it's gone

So is tory r us 3 for $40 this week on games $14.99-$19.99 corporate wide? And I won't need a coupon or anything? It will be automatic in store?

bread's done
Back