Trying to decide: Uncharted 2 vs MW2

As much as I hate Activision, if you're into mp, get CoD, UC2 has horrible lag for me here. Yea it doesn't show it but when I'm two feet from a guy and shooting into his back and he doesn't die and can turn around and kill me, something is going on. I might even pick up CoD just so I can have a mp shooter to play.

UC2 is probably one of the most well crafted games I've ever played. The single player is fantastic and the MP (especially the co-op) is great.

MW2 is going to be a great game, I don't doubt that. But UC2 was simply amazing. Plus, there's been way too many FPSes this gen... so it's nice to get a great adventure game like UC2.

If I only had a PS3, I'd get Uncharted 2. I hear the storytelling is fantastic. If you want a great multiplayer experience, I'd get MW2. It really depends on what you want out of the game..

UC2 for story
MW2 for multiplayer

That said, UC2 has a decent multiplayer and reports so far are saying MW2's story is pretty damn good too. That said, I'd get MW2 from either Walmart or Amazon and get the $20 gift card. Then you're only $40 away from getting UC2...

EDIT: if you get it from Walmart order it online and get 10% Bing cashback + site-to-store shipping.

Okay.
U2 for Single Player
MW for multiplayer

I want to support naughty dog yet I want to prove to Infinity Ward and Activision that people buy games on PS3

[quote name='pixi']Okay.
U2 for Single Player
MW for multiplayer

I want to support naughty dog yet I want to prove to Infinity Ward and Activision that people buy games on PS3[/QUOTE]

Did you read my post? If money is an issue get MW2 at Walmart/Amazon and get the $20 gift card that comes with it for free. Then you're $20 closer to getting UC2.

[quote name='SynGamer']Did you read my post? If money is an issue get MW2 at Walmart/Amazon and get the $20 gift card that comes with it for free. Then you're $20 closer to getting UC2.[/QUOTE]
+1

I'd go with MW2 hands down. While U2 is probably my favorite game on the PS3 so far, there's not much to keep you playing after you finish the SP campaign. The single player is so good that you'll get though it quickly and before you know it, it's over! Sure it has MP, but in my opinion, it isn't on the same level as CoD... or even KZ2 for that matter.

MW2 can potentially a game you'll be playing until MW3 comes out.. the multiplayer is that good apparently (referring to MW1).

[quote name='pixi']When would I receive the ecard?[/QUOTE]

Amazon says 2 days after MW2 ships, but people are reporting 30 minutes.

The ecard takes about 2 to 3 hours to show up in your e-mail. I used mine to pre order Assassins Creed 2 and received another 10.00 ecard.

Woah wait, so people are getting the gift card immediately? What's to stop them from canceling after getting the credit?

[quote name='coryhdollar']The ecard takes about 2 to 3 hours to show up in your e-mail. I used mine to pre order Assassins Creed 2 and received another 10.00 ecard.[/QUOTE]

Yours from...?

[quote name='Jodou']Woah wait, so people are getting the gift card immediately? What's to stop them from canceling after getting the credit?[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was wondering.
Might use this to bring down a TV

walmart.com deducted the full amount, not like other pre orders that wait till the item ships.

I pre ordered MW2 a few hours before AC2

[quote name='coryhdollar']walmart.com deducted the full amount, not like other pre orders that wait till the item ships.[/QUOTE]
So what, they charge you when you place the order? Not sure what you're trying to say here and that really doesn't answer the question of whether you can cancel or not after.

Took me a minute to figure out how it worked. If you pay by PayPal it is instant any other method charges when it ships. The ecard can be sent to any e-mail address as a gift and can be redeemed in about 3 hours. I do not believe you can cancel the order.

[quote name='coryhdollar']Took me a minute to figure out how it worked. If you pay by PayPal it is instant any other method charges when it ships. The ecard can be sent to any e-mail address as a gift and can be redeemed in about 3 hours. I do not believe you can cancel the order.[/QUOTE]

So if you pay by paypal it is instant?

Not exactly good for me

I'm not sure what to get.

FRUSTRATING.

[quote name='Jodou']Uncharted 2; not only is it great, but you're supporting a developer who gives a shit about their customers.[/QUOTE]
This. If you haven't played MW1 or U1, I'd get U2 & one of those for cheap. U2 was amazing, just beat it minutes ago, and will definitely replay it on the higher difficulty. Don't support Activision, just pick up MW2 used.

That $20 preorder bonus is a good route to get both. But i'd still say U2.

Single player is dope. Pretty much flawless. MP is great also. Variety in modes, terrain, guns, and GREAT SUPPORT!!! There have been 2 occassions where ppl lagged hella bad, but that was all. They are always taking live game feedback and changing things so it's always fair.

I preodered both at the same time, but I no longer want MW2. I'd wanna play their maybe 10hr campaign but then i'd trade it back in. U2 is more than enough for me. Oh, and I've gotten the Platinum trophy and I am still playing the single player! On my 6th run thru!

I got to also say U2. I am not finished yet but this is by far one of the top 5 games of this generation. I thought people hyped it up too much until I played it. MW2 will be good also but I think that uncharted has one of the best characters in gaming with Nathan Drake.

[quote name='thashadow911']I got to also say U2. I am not finished yet but this is by far one of the top 5 games of this generation. I thought people hyped it up too much until I played it. MW2 will be good also but I think that uncharted has one of the best characters in gaming with Nathan Drake.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. If you own a PS3 then this is definitely a game you need to play. I'll still pick up MW2, but I don't think I'll be putting down U2 for a long time.

Like someone else said, you may want to preorder MW2, then use the $20 GC towards UC2. Win win :)

[quote name='Jodou']Uncharted 2; not only is it great, but you're supporting a developer who gives a shit about their customers.[/QUOTE]

I also vote for UC2. IW made some odd decisions in the story telling in MW2 but I don't think it says that they don't care about their customers. I have no problem with IW, but I do have a problem with Activision and their nutball CEO. If you want politics, then avoid Activision...

~S

[quote name='MSUHitman']I say Uncharted 2 and just wait on MW2 for PS3 only owners. CoD multi on the PS3 has never been as good as on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Hmm actually COD4 on PS3 is actually better since it runs on dedicated servers. For the past few months my experience with COD4 MP on XBL have been horrible. Constantly get "network connection error" when a session about to finish then it would restart the game with the same group of people I was with. That or random connection drop from 3-4 bars down to 1-2 bar for half of the people in the game. At this moment I would vote for uncharted 2. Assuming you're neutral on FPS vs. 3rd person shooter. Uncharted 2 story is just so in depth and epic. My first playthrough in normal took 9 hours total to finish the game. There's also the multiplayer modes to go with it after you're bored with the SP mode.

I've been watching some live streaming of the "leaked" MW2 on JTV and to be quite honest I personally think the game is being way overhyped. Though the game looks better than COD4 graphic wise. There are more weapons, the new Spec-ops mode which is very interesting.

I would say both are great games. But I still suggest getting uncharted 2 first because you can probably find a good used copy from fellow CAGs in the trading section for around $40 and you can wait a few weeks after MW2 released I'm sure someone will put up their copy for sale for cheaper than retail price. I personally am going this route lol.

By any chance, do you have any friends who own a PS3? If so, ask what game they own or plan to purchase, so you can hop online with them. If not, it's based on your preference, whether you like first person shooters or third person shooters? Since I own MW and Uncharted 1 call of duty is my first priority because of online but Uncharted still needs to be replayed for the trophies.

bread's done
Back