Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Preorders Now Available

Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
umvc3-main-logo.png

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been announced and includes 12 new characters with updates,balance tweaks,etc

The new characters are

Marvel:

Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Hawkeye
Iron Fist

Capcom:

Strider Hiryu
Firebrand
Vergil
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Nemesis

Alternate costumes are available for pre-order from various retailers.
http://$$$$$$$$/pic0o5
Amazon New Age of Heroes Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-hero.png

http://www.gamestop.com/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/92630
Gamestop w/ Female Fatale Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-femme.png

Bestbuy w/ Villain Pack

PS3 & 360 Versions

po-villain.png

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Nope, not really.
Edit: Well, I guess if you are one of the many who feel like Capcom should just give all this content to you for free, then you probably would feel like you are feeling ripped off.[/QUOTE]

It is not about getting free stuff. It is about releasing a "FULL GAME" on day 1. I think most people could have waited an extra 2 or 3 months to get this version with all the new content.

Look at SF IV... 3 releases of the same game? The Arcade edition is just a joke with only 4 new characters. Does 4 characters and new "tweaks" justify a new release? GTFO.

[quote name='elessar123']
dsc01879d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

yes that is what i thought when i read the press release.
Kitties dressed with SF clothing

I know the general theme of CAG is that you can give two shits about the company's situation as long as you get what you want, but it kinda makes me laugh just how much wrong Capcom can apparently do by you people. Even though they're clearly in a rut what with the decline of interest in Japanese-developed games, piracy/used sales, etc. they're not allowed to do ANYTHING about it or else you will scream bloody murder. Those douches better localize this or that series that has a piss poor history of sales and thus makes no fiscal sense to release it or I'm gonna be pissed! Ultimate MvC3!? This is clearly a totally NEW practice that they WEREN'T doing back in the Street Fighter II days, and its not like anyone else doesn't do it either... where was this surge of outrage when companies like Bethesda released a Fallout 3 GOTY less than a year after the original and at a full $60 no less? Oh no, some western developer is handling this or that property and they're gonna ruin it! What has that really given us so far, Dead Rising 2 was if anything faulted for being too similar to DR1 and no one knows how DMC actually plays so all we really have there right now is Windwaker-gate 2.0.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that Layton/Phoenix and Edgeworth 2 probably won't make it to the states or having to get online to play Bionic 2 is annoying, but do you know what's even more annoying? Whining. Even if I agree with about half of the complaints here the instant you take that complaint and turn it into a bitchy tirade of "I hate this, I hate that" you've lost my sympathy.

[quote name='oasisboy']Look at SF IV... 3 releases of the same game? The Arcade edition is just a joke with only 4 new characters. Does 4 characters and new "tweaks" justify a new release? GTFO.[/QUOTE]
While I'm not personally interested in this until I can pick it up on the cheap, you really have no idea how much these "tweaks" actually change the gameplay for people who do play this. If they had doubled the cast and levels then there'd be less reason to be upset I feel people would be less upset but that's not the case.

[quote name='dubleo']What's up with no collector's edition for the ULTIMATE version?[/QUOTE]
I must admit that I really want a CE of this. I'd buy two copies, even.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I must admit that I really want a CE of this. I'd buy two copies, even.[/QUOTE]
Stop giving them ideas. =P

[quote name='oasisboy']The Arcade edition is just a joke with only 4 new characters. Does 4 characters and new "tweaks" justify a new release? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

It's perfect for people who didn't pick up the SSFIV disc. You get the latest version of the game and all its new features at a reduced price. If you have the SSFIV disc then you get the new characters and all the new features as $15 DLC.

The 12 new characters for MvC3 have been hinted at since before the game even came out. The original plan for the game included a steady stream of DLC to keep it continuously updated, but the tsunami stalled the dev process. That's why the game came out with one pack of costume DLC and absolutely nothing for months on end.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']They'll make one after they hear the hype. Comes with Red Hulk XD[/QUOTE]

He's already in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oasisboy']It is not about getting free stuff. It is about releasing a "FULL GAME" on day 1. I think most people could have waited an extra 2 or 3 months to get this version with all the new content.

Look at SF IV... 3 releases of the same game? The Arcade edition is just a joke with only 4 new characters. Does 4 characters and new "tweaks" justify a new release? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

Exactly , I expected them to give us MORE characters in the original MVC3. I would have rather waited half a year and buy it then instead of buying 2 or 3 more expansions.

I went with Gamestop version because Morrigan looks like a crossdressing Dante.

Also the people raging at Capcom are way late to the party. You should rage over the original MvC3 and how unbelievably crappy pretty much everything about it's release was. An actually functional game for $40? That's a good thing.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']How exactly do I preorder it from the best buy site[/QUOTE]

yea...cant find a way to preorder it anywhere....BB and amazon DLC's usually go for more than GS ones, so im hoping to ease the cost of upgrade by selling dlc

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']How exactly do I preorder it from the best buy site[/QUOTE] Take a chef knife, chop your testicles off, and send your paychecks directly to Capcom.

[quote name='Distrato']Take a chef knife, chop your testicles off, and send your paychecks directly to Capcom.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit sad...
poor guy

soooo.. will this game not suck? I mean as far as having any kind of actual story or decent mode other than a standard vs? The only reason i bought the original was that i found the special edition for 15 bucks at target. The features on it are garbage.

Honestly i really hate what Capcom has become. They havent released a decent game in years, and they nickel and dime you worse than EA on most of their games with DLC. Their fighting games are a JOKE. How many editions of this game will we see? yeesh. GIve us a proper friggin game on the first go, asses.

[quote name='Kenshindono']soooo.. will this game not suck? I mean as far as having any kind of actual story or decent mode other than a standard vs? The only reason i bought the original was that i found the special edition for 15 bucks at target. The features on it are garbage[/QUOTE]

yah mvc3 just like tatsunoko vs capcom are complete garbage. I expect ultimate to bring back the suck. I wish Sudo would of helmed this project. I guess i just really dislike Niitsuma's style.

way too many re-releases for me

feel kinda boned knowing i bought a beta.. a special edition beta

not giving a single more cent to capcom for sure

[quote name='nieon']way too many re-releases for me

feel kinda boned knowing i bought a beta.. a special edition beta

not giving a single more cent to capcom for sure[/QUOTE]

LOL great way of putting it.. ya, i think i'll go with that. Just with one revision, this would be the alpha. Im sure there will be 2 revisions at least, so ultimate will be the beta, then super ultimate will be the final product probably =P

considering I love megaman, resident evil and onimusha the fact that at this point id rather see capcom go out of business than continue to behave the way they are now says it all.

they have pissed all over their customer base and are not interested in anything but repackaging fighting games and making money that way.

doubtful they will ever completely die off due to all the fighting game aficionados which is too bad since it seems like they are going to whore out Resident Evil til it almost assuredly dies off and megaman and onimusha are just left languishing in the attic.

while i agree capcoms fighting game shenanigans are cause for stones to be cast, as a whole the company did well with okamiden and still has dragons dogma to hopefully keep my support, along with the PS3 release of monster hunter. i need monster hunter in HD and w/out having to buy a wii.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']I'm gonna wait for the super mega ultra edition.[/QUOTE]

This. Now, how many lemmings (especially the ones who bought the previous edition) are going to buy this crap when they know Crapcom will have the supersonic and the aforementioned editions later. And of course the innovative and groundbreaking 4th sequel with... different (but less) characters...:roll:

[quote name='joeboosauce']This. Now, how many lemmings (especially the ones who bought the previous edition) are going to buy this crap when they know Crapcom will have the supersonic and the aforementioned editions later. And of course the innovative and groundbreaking 4th sequel with... different (but less) characters...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Dont forget the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious edition

Yes im pisst but not surprised at this ultimate edition, but i was also not going to shell out $5 a character (12x5=60). So it has its up and downs. I also expect a upgrade patch next year to this a la arcade edition, but hopefully it will include more than 4 characters.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yes, fighting games have updates to rebalance and edit gameplay, what a tragedy.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, fighting games have updates to make money and increase revenue, what a tragedy.

Fixed.

I'd so get the Gamestop one for their pre-order bonus, but have a feeling there will be another version. Maybe a game of the year edition or a platinum hits/greatest hits that has some sort of extra on disc. I'm the same way with Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition.

At $39.99 seems like a reasonable price, but I want all the DLC/costumes at the get go or free. Phoenix Wright and Nemesis from Resident Evil series?!

Edit: I LOL at the tag: "Buy Madden instead!"

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, fighting games have updates to make money and increase revenue, what a tragedy.

Fixed.[/QUOTE]

A business wants to make a profit an an investment? No way

Well anyway if this ends up like SSF4 , it should be 20 dollars not too long after it comes out.

Assuming you bought the collector's edition at launch + this game at launch , you would be spending about $110.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IanKazimer']I googled "Grown men crying like babies" and this thread was the first thing to pop up.[/QUOTE]

Why did you google that in the first place?

[quote name='IanKazimer']I googled "Grown men crying like babies" and this thread was the first thing to pop up.[/QUOTE]

what a coincidence.. I googled "people who google grown men cyring like babies" and it took me to your post.

bread's done
Back