Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Preorders Now Available

Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
umvc3-main-logo.png

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been announced and includes 12 new characters with updates,balance tweaks,etc

The new characters are

Marvel:

Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Hawkeye
Iron Fist

Capcom:

Strider Hiryu
Firebrand
Vergil
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Nemesis

Alternate costumes are available for pre-order from various retailers.
http://$$$$$$$$/pic0o5
Amazon New Age of Heroes Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-hero.png

http://www.gamestop.com/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/92630
Gamestop w/ Female Fatale Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-femme.png

Bestbuy w/ Villain Pack

PS3 & 360 Versions

po-villain.png

[quote name='EYEL1NER']A quarter of the amount of characters in the vanilla version, as many stages as in the vanilla version, new moves for a lot (if not all) of the characters already in the game...
That sounds like a lot more than a simple expansion to me. It's certainly more than BlazBlue CS added with the CS2 expansion as dlc.

This has enough content that they could have easily called it Marvel vs Capcom 4.[/QUOTE]
I would disagree. I own a game called Beat Hazard and with the Ultra expansion they basically changed up the whole gameplay experience, added in brand new exclusive modes, new features, basically a revamp of the original game, yet it is being sold at 50% of the price of the vanilla game as an expansion and you can select as startup if you want the vanilla version or the ultra expanded version. Now granted some indie game is going to be way less work/content than a retail fighter but I feel it's the same principle. Capcom could of done the same thing, charged $25 for this pack, had at startup if you want MvC3 or the ultra edition and then sold the $40 retail pack for people who never played MvC3.

[quote name='etcrane']Damn ... where is Venom ... or Carnage maybe ... or uh ... any cool Spider-man villain?

How bout the Lizard ... nice tie in to the new movie? But no ... not this time Capcom[/QUOTE]

Cool and Carnage don't belong in the same sentence.

[quote name='The Punisher']can i still play online with my vanilla copy against online players that have the ultimate edition? I dont care about the 12 new players added. i want to wait until they release the arcade edition.[/QUOTE]
My guess is no, because IIRC there's also balance and gameplay tweaks in the new version that won't carry over. Also, I think this online split happened with SF4/SSF4, didn't it?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']A quarter of the amount of characters in the vanilla version, as many stages as in the vanilla version, new moves for a lot (if not all) of the characters already in the game...
That sounds like a lot more than a simple expansion to me.[/QUOTE]
I think that's pretty debatable. There are a lot of examples of other games who release large content in an expansion or DLC for the base game just fine. Why does this have to be different?

I like how the Fighting community of Capcom gets butthurt so they come with horrible examples and analogies to DEFEND and JUSTIFY this horrible Company.
I would expect this from a video game forum but not from the DEALS forums to be honest
You are as bad as the Bioware community and no better than the COD people who buy those expensive map packs.

Props for the OP
If it was not for him, there would not be a flamefest sitting on the main page.
Good job bro
Your thread got 8 pages..

After watching the UMvC3 stream, the game looks practically the same (As in broken).

X-Factors seem just as overpowered, and the same characters appear to still be as broken as they were before.

On the upside, atleast Capcom announced a new Darkstalkers, looks like all of my hype will be going toward that and 3rd Strike Online now. (Ill get UMvC3 whenever it hits 19.99 in less than a few weeks)

I'm in, love the game and love Rocket Raccoon. The whole Marvel line-up of new characters is awesome to me, wish there was another female on each side, but great. Hawkeye's super with Ant-Man, yessir!

[quote name='whoknows']They could have easily sold it as StarCraft 2. It had just as much content as reg StarCraft, it wasn't just a few new units.

Again, it wasn't the same game with a few added things. What's to complain about? If it was a few new units and the exact same game as regular StarCraft then sure, there would have been complaining.[/QUOTE]

What? My memory may be hazy, (it has been over a decade) but I remember the extent of Brood War's signficant additions was some new units and a new campaign...hardly sequel worthy and is squarely in expansion territory.

That's what UMvC3 is, an expansion pack. Maybe a little expensive (though it falls in line with console pricing: $60 main game $40 exp pack versus PC's $50 main game and $30 exp pack - and usually you -need- both for the pc game in question!)

This looks like as big an update as SSFIV was and that was 40 bucks too. The only real problem here is how soon after the original this is coming.

Its Capcom, of course they will. Hell, they'll probally be out the day after launch to buy

Scratch that, they'll probally be out weeks before it even launches

[quote name='chickenbutt']Are the costumes going to be available for purchase? I want the Game Stop ones, but I'd prefer to buy from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Just wait a while and they'll be available. Look at Mortal Kombat.

I'm going to try to trade my MvC3 somewhere for SSF4 AE (or put down liek $25 on it or something). I'm going to skip out on UmvC3 until I can find some kind of deal. MvC3 feels like 6 giant combos until you die. I really hate that aspect of it.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I'm going to try to trade my MvC3 somewhere for SSF4 AE (or put down liek $25 on it or something). I'm going to skip out on UmvC3 until I can find some kind of deal. MvC3 feels like 6 giant combos until you die. I really hate that aspect of it.[/QUOTE]
This is actually my favorite part of the game outside of the characters.

So MSRP Reissues are deals? Wow, a new low for CAG.

CAG = where Fanboys post their MSRP "deals". I should create a Preorder thread for MW3 and another preorder thread for Battlefield 3 and then another preorder thread for Batman...

Yea bash Capcom all you want, but there's no need to put down people who buy rehashed Capcom fighters. Just think of them in the same vein as those people who buy Madden every year for the updated rosters.

[quote name='sadakou']Why is this thread still alive? This is not a deal. This is just a hype thread that belongs on something like NeoGAF. Or did I miss the memo where we are now allowed to just flood the deal section with threads about our favorite upcoming games and links to pay MSRP for them?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, why is this thread not in the 360 or PS3 forum with all the other "Let's talk about this upcoming game" threads...

That said, this thread is hilarious.

[quote name='gotdott']Yea bash Capcom all you want, but there's no need to put down people who buy rehashed Capcom fighters. Just think of them in the same vein as those people who buy Madden every year for the updated rosters.[/QUOTE]

At least there's a year between that being released :p

[quote name='whoknows']At least there's a year between that being released :p[/QUOTE]

Approximately. I think there were a couple that were 10 months apart :roll:. The SF rehashes were/are over a year apart too, what's your point?

as much as I'm not a fan of all these rehashes and re-releases of games, and won't be buying this in fear that the next edition will be released a couple months after. I still feel like this is a decent deal, due to the fact that MvC3 JUST dropped MSRP to $40 (or $30?) and this edition is coming out soon for around the same reduced price and not at the original $60 that MvC3 was just at, it has new content, features, characters and balance tweaks. I think it's a fair price for anyone who was considering buying MvC3 before it dropped in price, to be getting this upgraded edition at a reduced price.

That being said, if I do bite on this (since I'm tempted), it won't be until it has a deal attached to it, or it's on sale. Though I'm considering buying with GameStop credit and just selling off the pre-order bonus on ebay.

What's the video game deal? Yeah you posted cute pictures and you can get costumes but there's no deal here. Just a chance for folks to drone on and on about the game. Walk away

[quote name='gotdott']Approximately. I think there were a couple that were 10 months apart :roll:. The SF rehashes were/are over a year apart too, what's your point?[/QUOTE]

That Madden is better than Street Fighter.

[quote name='gotdott']Approximately. I think there were a couple that were 10 months apart :roll:. The SF rehashes were/are over a year apart too, what's your point?[/QUOTE]
Except this announcement is only, what, 5 months after the game came out? And it launches less than a year later.

I'm going to buy it, and give my old one to my little sis but i'm going to be pissed when the arcade edition comes out.

[quote name='whoknows']That Madden is better than Street Fighter.[/QUOTE]

Why yes -- yes I would be interested in reading a Street Fighter vs Madden debate.

[quote name='rpgfan']You have failed Capcom and disappointed your loyal fans.[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes I have. If only I had programmed their games and did more work for the for free when I had the chance.

Unless you meant to put a comma there somewhere...

[quote name='Thrinn']Why yes -- yes I would be interested in reading a Street Fighter vs Madden debate.[/QUOTE]

What is there to debate? Madden is obviously the holy grail of competitive games everywhere and for always.

[quote name='heavyd853']What is there to debate? Madden is obviously the holy grail of competitive games everywhere and for always.[/QUOTE]

Not everywhere, maybe as. football but NOT Madden. Madden sells really good in the US only.

I don't care much for these new characters (Objection!), except for one ;) but I really want spectator mode, if they can update vanilla MVC3 w/ spectator mode I will keep my vanilla.

[quote name='Carlanga']if they can update vanilla MVC3 w/ spectator mode I will keep my vanilla.[/QUOTE]

This is Capcom, bro, they will rape your own mother while announcing MML3 again and cancel it after they finish in her. This company is the devil and should be crucified for anything and everything.

P.S. Madden's better.

[quote name='Carlanga']Not everywhere, maybe as. football but NOT Madden. Madden sells really good in the US only.

I don't care much for these new characters (Objection!), except for one ;) but I really want spectator mode, if they can update vanilla MVC3 w/ spectator mode I will keep my vanilla.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why Madden is better, because it's American. Is Street Fighter American? Exactly.

[quote name='cRodz']I like how the Fighting community of Capcom gets butthurt so they come with horrible examples and analogies to DEFEND and JUSTIFY this horrible Company.
I would expect this from a video game forum but not from the DEALS forums to be honest
You are as bad as the Bioware community and no better than the COD people who buy those expensive map packs.

Props for the OP
If it was not for him, there would not be a flamefest sitting on the main page.
Good job bro
Your thread got 8 pages..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sticking your head out of /v/'s tool-shed long enough to share that. That is all, I'll let you get back on your bandwagon now :D.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, yes I have. If only I had programmed their games and did more work for the for free when I had the chance.

Unless you meant to put a comma there somewhere...[/QUOTE]
I'm laughing when I'm not shaking my head and sighing because it's so god damn true. On the plus side, their Twitter PR metldown was great popcorn fodder. Truly a masterful performance to behold.

I'll be passing again too
NO Ken and Juggernaut

No thanks capcom

[quote name='popular penguin']Still no Venom, Mega Man, or Ken? Seriously, WTF!?[/QUOTE]

Exactly why this game is bs compared to Madden 12

[quote name='whoknows']Exactly why this game is bs compared to Madden 12[/QUOTE]

And its not the last version to come out

[quote name='popular penguin']Still no Venom, Mega Man, or Ken? Seriously, WTF!?[/QUOTE]

Still no Doc Ock, Random Rabies-infested Resident Evil Dog, or Balrog? Seriously, WTF!?

Still no Red Skull, Guy (Final Fight), or Cammy? Seriously, WTF!?

Etc...

Personally, I'm glad they put Ghost Rider in there. Wish they'd put Johnny Blaze (post/pre-new Ghost Rider) Carnage, Punisher, Lady Death (Marvel), Mephisto (Marvel), Ant-Man (not as part of a combo), Blob (they could recycle "Nothing moves the Blob!!!" from Konami with a fee), Molecule Man, and/or The Beyonder.

Any button you hit with The Beyonder causes the opponent to cease to exist. Hitting the button again causes the universe to cease to exist. Hitting it one last time causes another universe to begin and the fight to resume. Then hitting a button causes The Beyonder to turn into a baby and automatically lose. It's a niche character. ;)

This thread is full of win in all the wrong ways.

Currently on the main deals page of CAG there are threads for preordering Catherine, Dark Souls, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. As far as I can tell, most of those are MSRP as well.

While I agree MSRP =/= deal, if they are generating enough pre-order demand, due to limited editions, bonuses, etc, then it can only be good for CAG right?

Chill with all the unnecessary hate tho, this is the wrong place for it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's a lot better then coming in here and flaming up fellow CAGs.

Yeah I was going to preorder this game on the account of my love of fighting games

but then I was like oh wait this game sucks why aren't I playing a football game that's way better because it has a complete updated roster?

Than I remembered its a sport game and still didn't preorder anything.

bread's done
Back