Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Preorders Now Available

Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
umvc3-main-logo.png

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been announced and includes 12 new characters with updates,balance tweaks,etc

The new characters are

Marvel:

Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Hawkeye
Iron Fist

Capcom:

Strider Hiryu
Firebrand
Vergil
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Nemesis

Alternate costumes are available for pre-order from various retailers.
http://$$$$$$$$/pic0o5
Amazon New Age of Heroes Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-hero.png

http://www.gamestop.com/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/92630
Gamestop w/ Female Fatale Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-femme.png

Bestbuy w/ Villain Pack

PS3 & 360 Versions

po-villain.png

[quote name='distgfx']You have no one to blame but yourself:

http://twitter.com/CapcomEuro/status/93720826087620608[/QUOTE]

That's such bullshit. I work in video game development. If a dev team doesn't have the ability to deliver a fun game on an established franchise like Mega Man, then that is THEIR fault, not the fault of fans in any way. I know they were trying out a "fan development" project with this title, but that has issues of its own. We shouldn't be asking our fans for input on the design process, and then blame them with the arbiters of that process (the development team) can't find a way to forge ahead and make a great game. Shame shame shame on the person that posted that tweet.

Way to draw people in, Capcom... level insults at the people who buy, and even contribute to the development of your games. Disdain for your customer base really is the way to draw folks in. No wonder you're doing so well in the current marketplace... Sheesh.

I was interested in UMvC3 since I knew this would happen and waited on purchasing the first version of the game, but no thanks now. I'm insulted. Thanks for the Twitter link.

I'm personally more annoyed i got the limited edition and its not even 10 months that the game has been out and they annouced the game that should have come out. Way to screw me over capcom for being a day one fan!

[quote name='midloo']That's such bullshit. I work in video game development. If a dev team doesn't have the ability to deliver a fun game on an established franchise like Mega Man, then that is THEIR fault, not the fault of fans in any way. I know they were trying out a "fan development" project with this title, but that has issues of its own. We shouldn't be asking our fans for input on the design process, and then blame them with the arbiters of that process (the development team) can't find a way to forge ahead and make a great game. Shame shame shame on the person that posted that tweet.

I was interested in UMvC3 since I knew this would happen and waited on purchasing the first version of the game, but no thanks now. I'm insulted. Thanks for the Twitter link.[/QUOTE]
First of all this is the truth 100%. You don't ask your fans for input and then when they give quality input say nope sorry can't do this and cancel it. I am an actual developer in real life, and there is no I can't do it. You find a way and you shut up and do it. It seems more like Capcom did this whole fan thing because they are lazy and wanted an excuse to drop this game when not enough people were not involved. It's a cheap tactic but hell I guess Capcom doesn't care anymore.

To be fair though, if you trade in vanilla MvC3 at Best Buy it still gives $17 and if you trade it in today or tomorrow you get an extra 50% if you put it towards UMvC3 (well a preorder in general). So that's almost $25 which isn't terrible.

[quote name='hisdivineshadow']any button you hit with the beyonder causes the opponent to cease to exist. Hitting the button again causes the universe to cease to exist. Hitting it one last time causes another universe to begin and the fight to resume. Then hitting a button causes the beyonder to turn into a baby and automatically lose. It's a niche character. ;)[/quote]

+1

[quote name='MoxManiac_']People seriously want Ken? WTF?[/QUOTE]

Word. We all love ken ( and ryu for that matter ) but they are practically clones of eachother and are ken is abused in tornaments like the sf4 gamestop one a while back. I'm sick of being his mug on the screen lol.

Ooohhh...fuck you Capcom...seriously.. I said I wasn't gonna buy it, especially since I preordered the special edition...but the more I think about it, the more i want it. If only I had spent my childhood playing something else besides Street Fighter II... Anyway, with that said, there's no announcements for preorder perks from Amazon?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That shit has to be fake. No way in hell something like that would get made.[/QUOTE]

From what I read on a different article, it's not a game but Hello Kitty dolls dressed up in Street Fighter outfits.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Capcom has lost its fucking mind.[/QUOTE]

^ What else is new? Capcom doesn't care anymore as long as they see $ signs. Which they're already doing by milking their loyal fanbase.

Anyhow, decided to skip the original MvC3 because I knew there would be a new version, but I think I'll wait even further. I'm sure there's going to be an "Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Arcade Edition" or something a few months after this releases...

[quote name='gunstar808']

Chill with all the unnecessary hate tho, this is the wrong place for it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's a lot better then coming in here and flaming up fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you would be ok with me creating pre-order MSRP threads just because the game is a AAA game? Man, I need to start rolling with Gears 3, Halo 4, Battlefield 3, Forza 4, etc. A thread for each of these games... yes, that's what CAG needs.

How the hell are they gonna leave out the jill and shuma dlc in this edition? That's really fuckin gready if they make people have to buy it for an expansion verison.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']How the hell are they gonna leave out the jill and shuma dlc in this edition? That's really fuckin gready if they make people have to buy it for an expansion verison.[/QUOTE]

Depends how it works... Most likely it will be like SSFIV which accepted SFIV DLC. So if you bought the costumes you would have them in SFIV, SSFIV, or SSFIVAE provided its on your system. (obviously SSFIV DLC wouldnt work on SFIV and all that... I dont think I need to state this though.) If this is indeed the case I would be ok with it.

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing content I pay a premium for going by the waste side due to a special version. Many people didnt want Jill/Shuma and the ones who did bought the SE/paid 2 - 10 for them or got the code another way. If you didn't well it's not like you're out cash... This is one reason why I hate supporting some RPG's this generation.

Look at Fallout 3/Borderlands; they both got GOTY editions at a reduced price including all the DLC. I believe some people will be glad that their investment in the characters paid off for UMVC3, UMVC3AE, or whatever crazy other game they come up with.

yeah, i traded my MvC3 at BB for $25.50 towards my preorder of RAGE. I'll pick up UMvC3 when there's a price drop or a B2G1 deal.

Hardcore fans will pick this up day one. If your a casual smash brothers, dead or alive addict, this series isn't for you...

[quote name='CaoPi']Hardcore fans will pick this up day one. If your a casual smash brothers, dead or alive addict, this series isn't for you...[/QUOTE]

it never was for me. The pace is just way too crazy for me. Ill stick with Third Strike and SSF IV.

[quote name='CaoPi']Hardcore fans will pick this up day one. If your a casual smash brothers, dead or alive addict, this series isn't for you...[/QUOTE]I'm a DOA addict and I adore this game.

[quote name='whoknows']I thought this series was perfect for people not really into fighting games. You can easily button mash and do pretty well.[/QUOTE]

kaos kung fu will only get you so far unfortunately, once you learn a few combos and cross ups button mashing doesn't cut the mustard. if there's a preorder bonus GC I'll probably preorder it closer to the pick up date, I have a bunch of buds that can't get enough of Capcom.

[quote name='CaoPi']Hardcore fans will pick this up day one. If your a casual smash brothers, dead or alive addict, this series isn't for you...[/QUOTE]

MvC is one of the most mainstream fighting games there is. What you're saying is almost the same as trying to pass off CoD as a hardcore shooter instead of a mainstream game. Saying that this series isn't for people who dig Smash or DoA, is ridiculous.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not saying this game has no depth. I'm saying it can easily be enjoyed without going too deep, which is why the game has gone mainstream and done so well.

I am currently boycotting capcom after the whole megaman legends 3 debacle. Not that I was going to play it on 3ds but I was hoping for a vita / psn port at the least... huge fan of the psx games.

I already own Mvc3, they really need to stop releasing these "upgrades" if you can even call it that. Its annoying and its a slap in the face to anyone who bought the previous versions.

Its really too bad, capcom was one of my favorite companies growing up but they sure have gone to shit and with the quickness.

I wont be giving them another dime thats for sure... I was even going to buy the Re4 and ReCV hd versions too but I already own them both for ps2 so im not going to bother now.

[quote name='100xp']kaos kung fu will only get you so far unfortunately, once you learn a few combos and cross ups button mashing doesn't cut the mustard. if there's a preorder bonus GC I'll probably preorder it closer to the pick up date, I have a bunch of buds that can't get enough of Capcom.[/QUOTE]

You can say that about pretty much any fighting game. MvC3 is just one of the more accessible ones.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']How the hell are they gonna leave out the jill and shuma dlc in this edition? That's really fuckin gready if they make people have to buy it for an expansion verison.[/QUOTE]

Not only that but I read that capcom was talking about possibly making megaman as a "dlc" character instead of putting him on the disk. This and the fact that other huge characters like cable and ken among others are missing can mean only one thing, arcade edition. lol oh milkcom, I was thinking about buying this but ill wait for the eventual arcade edition. What ever happened to unlocking characters instead of buying ones that are already on the disk ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']...the fact that other huge characters like cable and ken among others are missing can mean only one thing, arcade edition.[/QUOTE]

It could also possibly mean alternate characters with similar/borrowed* move set's. Here are a few examples:

-Dormamu = Blackheart
-Ghost Rider = Omega Red (looking like a strong possibility at least)
-Ryu is getting Cyclop's reflecting-beam super.

*not identical

Regarding the lack of blue bomber, my theory is thus:

Ryu is to Mega-man, as Ken is to Zero.

We already have the Mega-Man of the Street Fighter Universe, and the Ken of the Mega-Man universe. I think thats a pretty good trade-off.

Warning! RANT MODE ACTIVATED BELOW. CAUTION!
There is an astounding amount of space Capcom can cover with these character selections, but people just seem to want them to keep playing in the backyard.

Venom & Carnage stopped being cool a decade ago, Gambit is a complete tool, and the 90's X-men Cartoon isn't the only place where Marvel Characters come from. Deal with it and move on, interweb.

I'm curious to see if there will be any other bonuses/incentives for pre-ordering. And if they announce Multiple-Man as dlc?
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On a serious note, UMvC3 really isn't a bad deal with the amount of new characters there are. I mean, imagine they released each character at $5 as DLC for reg MvC3 instead.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Why do you guys think there is gonna be an Arcade Edition when this game never came to arcades?[/QUOTE]
There wasn't an arcade edition of Soul Calibur 3 at first, either. Yes, that example is certainly an exception rather than the norm. There's always an outside chance.

[quote name='whoknows']On a serious note, UMvC3 really isn't a bad deal with the amount of new characters there are. I mean, imagine they released each character at $5 as DLC for reg MvC3 instead.[/QUOTE]

Finally someone gets it.

[quote name='dubleo']Capcom is ripping us off :([/QUOTE]
Nope, not really.
Edit: Well, I guess if you are one of the many who feel like Capcom should just give all this content to you for free, then you probably would feel like you are feeling ripped off.

bread's done
Back