Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Bryan will be back before long based on how they're treating this, but I'll laugh if he actually has to take several months off and they just put the belt on Cena again because they don't know what else to do.

On the other hand, I *did* enjoy Game of Thrones and playoff hockey last night.

Just chock full of don't currrrrrrr w/r/t WWE's main show anymore. I'll watch the network for Clash of the Champions, I'll watch NXT to see dudes trying new stuff out (Tyler Breeze has loads of potential as a contemporary smarmy heel; the selfie schtick is $$$; he's Rick "The Model" Martel 2014 style). Raw and SD? Meeeeeehhhhh. I'll DVR and stop when Cesaro is on at all or D Bryan is in a match.

If I didn't say so already, the ending to NXT's battle royal last week was pretty cool. I genuinely look forward to watching it every week -- a little less nowadays compared to the past, but it's still really good. I hope they finally decide to do something with Tyson Kidd.

I also enjoy hearing Renee Young on commentary. Albert may not pan out as he just seems so damn generic.

Seems like Bryan will be back before long based on how they're treating this, but I'll laugh if he actually has to take several months off and they just put the belt on Cena again because they don't know what else to do.
if hes going to be gone for months wouldnt they took his belt last night?

Daniel Bryan with a neck injury apparently. Will need neck surgery.
would been funny if he messed that up and go...

Me got meself an boo boo on my neckie me be needing to go be getting a surgery on my bootie :)

got to wonder if he is really going under the knife or if this is not an entire storyline...

I can just see Kane under the mask when Daniel gets put out for the operation.

Last edited by a moderator:
would been funny if he messed that up and go...

Me got meself an boo boo on my neckie me be needing to go be getting a surgery on my bootie :)
49793606.jpg

Seems like they are waiting for a definite timetable before making a decision on that.  There's been speculation that it could be as soon as Money in the Bank in which case they can probably keep the belt on him.

If it's in time for Summerslam I bet the hype would get a good amount of people to re-up their Network subscriptions.  Determine an interim champion through Money in the Bank and have him return to challenge them. 

Hell I'd even be in favor of a Triple H title reign if it led to another Triple H/Bryan match as the Summerslam main event.

Best case scenario in my head is do MitB for the Titles.  Maybe split them.  Dunno who'd win though.  Maybe HHH so Bryan can chase him for the title..

Best case scenario in my head is do MitB for the Titles. Maybe split them. Dunno who'd win though. Maybe HHH so Bryan can chase him for the title..
i think they always planned on splitting them back up. I mean if you have one Champ why make him walk around with 2 belts

Damn, looking at that roster page, so many people gone that made it actually worth watching 2ish years ago.

I haven't watched in a long time, but did the Jospeh Park/Abyss reveal ever happen? Or did Park just kind of fade off?

Also, Sabin is already gone?

Damn, looking at that roster page, so many people gone that made it actually worth watching 2ish years ago.

I haven't watched in a long time, but did the Jospeh Park/Abyss reveal ever happen? Or did Park just kind of fade off?

Also, Sabin is already gone?
Yea, Joseph Park realized he was Abyss finally. And Sabin is gone.

It seems like just about everyone who made TNA worth watching is gone now. Austin Aries is really the only one left. I would put Bully Ray on that list but he has sucked ever since the Aces and Eights finished off.

TNA now looks just like WCW did back in its dying days. Getting rid of all the "old" guys who drew money and starting to push all these super green young guys that are just not ready for the pushes yet. The only thing TNA has going for it that WCW didnt, is that they dont have Ernest Miller on their roster, ick.

Yea, Joseph Park realized he was Abyss finally. And Sabin is gone.

It seems like just about everyone who made TNA worth watching is gone now. Austin Aries is really the only one left. I would put Bully Ray on that list but he has sucked ever since the Aces and Eights finished off.

TNA now looks just like WCW did back in its dying days. Getting rid of all the "old" guys who drew money and starting to push all these super green young guys that are just not ready for the pushes yet. The only thing TNA has going for it that WCW didnt, is that they dont have Ernest Miller on their roster, ick.
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Not having Ernest Miller is another strike against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSkUUjhQSqE

Is this the WWE thread or is there already one of those too?  The Ultimate Warrior was awesome.  I really enjoyed watching him as Intercontinental Champion.  He had the best energy of any wrestler at the time.  Still my all time favorite is the Hulkster.  Just for what he was at that point in my youth.  Definitely not because he was the best wrestler.

The MVP heel turn made more sense WITH THE POWER LYING WITH THE BELT! Bully put painted tables on Dixie's lawn. At least they weren't on fire and/or cross-shaped. Crazy Steve had a wacky comedy match. Kazarian got a win on the way out thanks to his opponent pantsing the ref. Aries turned face randomly. EY and MVP brawled and brawled and brawled and brawled. Storm and Anderson had a Coliseum Exclusive with a nice finish. Goofy bullshit with Shaw again. Lord. These Bully-Dixie skits weren't nearly as fun as last week's. Bully was a jerk here. Last week, he was just a fun-loving asshole. MVP and EY had a really long, boring brawl before their match after their earlier long, boring brawl. Tenay's "more of the same during the break" stuff summed up the blah nature of this whole deal. The debut of MVP's faction was just terrible. Taz saying "this is bad Mike, BAD!" ruled. They oddly showed clips of next week's show after this one, which...is really stupid if you're going to pretend it's live.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/tna-impact-wrestling-5-15-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/1tpobjdld7w640kdrf2s5e34gpb48ima

Seriously TNA... seriously? Just go out of business will you now please.
Well, if SpikeTV doesn't pick up the show, they probably will go out of business with no tv deal.

Rumor is that Angle's gone until the fall for his injuries and TNA won't offer him a new deal when his contract expires during his recovery(saying his pay is too much for the company). At the rate they're going, that joke about Magnus vs. Rockstar Spud for the TNA World title probably won't be one with amount of people they're letting go.

The MVP heel turn made more sense WITH THE POWER LYING WITH THE BELT! Bully put painted tables on Dixie's lawn. At least they weren't on fire and/or cross-shaped. Crazy Steve had a wacky comedy match. Kazarian got a win on the way out thanks to his opponent pantsing the ref. Aries turned face randomly. EY and MVP brawled and brawled and brawled and brawled. Storm and Anderson had a Coliseum Exclusive with a nice finish. Goofy bullshit with Shaw again. Lord. These Bully-Dixie skits weren't nearly as fun as last week's. Bully was a jerk here. Last week, he was just a fun-loving asshole. MVP and EY had a really long, boring brawl before their match after their earlier long, boring brawl. Tenay's "more of the same during the break" stuff summed up the blah nature of this whole deal. The debut of MVP's faction was just terrible. Taz saying "this is bad Mike, BAD!" ruled. They oddly showed clips of next week's show after this one, which...is really stupid if you're going to pretend it's live.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/tna-impact-wrestling-5-15-14.html
Kenny King was the best part of the whole thing. Best part of the faction is that Lashley probably won't have to talk. I wouldn't mind them pairiing King/Lashley for a bit with Kenny doing his usual thing and Lashley as the silent muscle.

Well, if SpikeTV doesn't pick up the show, they probably will go out of business with no tv deal.

Rumor is that Angle's gone until the fall for his injuries and TNA won't offer him a new deal when his contract expires during his recovery(saying his pay is too much for the company). At the rate they're going, that joke about Magnus vs. Rockstar Spud for the TNA World title probably won't be one with amount of people they're letting go.
Yeah it's a matter of time before Bob Carter finally says he's had enough of the amount of money TNA has taken with little to no results. More so if TNA loses Spike TV and can't find another cable network that will pick them up. Especially one that is widely available on cable/sat systems like a Spike TV is.

Yeah a company like FOX or something like that could pick up TNA but at this point they would also probably demand some kind of overhaul of the company to the point of where they might as well bring in another company that at least either has an established track record of a solid wrestling product (see: Ring Of Honor, DGUSA, PWG) or an upstart promotion that at least doesn't have a tainted image with wrestling fans at this point (see: Jarrett's new promotion Global Force Wrestling).

Not to mention how much money Spike themselves put into TNA in order to bring in the "bigger names" in hopes those names would bring in bigger ratings. Instead TNA's ratings even with Sting, Angle, Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, etc remained at the same levels as they were when TNA was more about their own home grown talent.

In regards to Angle honestly I was wondering how long it would be before the talk of TNA dropping him would happen. But to be honest I feel Angle really needs to step away from wrestling in general as he's always looked in rough shape health wise during his TNA run. Hope he gets well and recovers from his injuries soon.

I think WWE needs to trim some of the story fat they have right now.  Any promos/segments that go longer than 15 minutes are just asking for trouble.  People want to see wrestling in their wrestling shows.  The 30 minute promo to kick of Wrestlemania might be well and fine, but people came to see wrestling, not old guys reminisce.  This way you get more fights, and can build up thinner storylines of more guys wrestling to get them over with the crowd more easily.

I think WWE needs to trim some of the story fat they have right now. Any promos/segments that go longer than 15 minutes are just asking for trouble. People want to see wrestling in their wrestling shows. The 30 minute promo to kick of Wrestlemania might be well and fine, but people came to see wrestling, not old guys reminisce. This way you get more fights, and can build up thinner storylines of more guys wrestling to get them over with the crowd more easily.
I think if the promos were at least entertaining that would be one thing. But to have your most over guy play a schmuck week in and week out to Kane is just fucking stupid.

Speaking of promos, is Enzo Amore still out with a broken leg? It's so disappointing to hear his music on NXT and only see "Big Cass" come out.

Why did WWE stock take a drop?
The speculation is that the TV deal wasn't seen as good as investors were hoping for. The fact that there wasn't a significant increase in WWE's compensation is seen as a potential indicator that they don't have faith in the long term viability of WWE Network.

Others are saying it was a correction for an overpriced stock, or a combination of both.

The speculation is that the TV deal wasn't seen as good as investors were hoping for. The fact that there wasn't a significant increase in WWE's compensation is seen as a potential indicator that they don't have faith in the long term viability of WWE Network.

Others are saying it was a correction for an overpriced stock, or a combination of both.
Not to mention that the WWE over promised big time on what the WWE Net would draw in subscribers. And with talk of them already considering raising the price in order to make up for lost grounds on what they need to make just to break even isn't a good sign either.

In other news... ROH put this classic match on YouTube for all of us to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GedCwVCj6r8

I'd say both as they were talking during their investors calls about doubling their current TV deals in the states. They got big increases overseas but the stats was only around 25% increase.

he disappointment about the new NBCU deals comes just months after Wall Street expressed concern about the WWE's new online network. Launched in February, the WWE Network has around 700,000 subscribers and the company has said it should hit the million mark before the end of the year.

WWE said it expects the online offering to lose between $45 million and $52 million this year, which is a far bigger figure than had been expected. Initially, there was optimism that the network could be break-even at the end of year one.

"In general, WWE investors remain highly skeptical of management," said Safalow. "Over the past 5-6 weeks the company’s initial Network subscriber numbers and the mark to market on the domestic TV rights fees both fell short of expectations."

so even with   700,000 people they are still losing 50 million  a year on the network. 

What is even  a little bit more shocking  i heard at least COMCAST offered the   WWE to bring the NETWORK TO CABLE and  WWE PASSED .  (cant confirm but  at least  a  worker i talked with    said they are still in talks with the  WWE to get some sort of  network   back on cable  

What i heard is this is why  the  WWE is doing  6 month packages.   They will be going to cable and  sat. companies  in  Late  summer   and  asking them to carry the network 

The one thing I was surprised about the WWE Network is that they didn't do something along the lines of a staggered subscription price. Something like a $9.99 a month with a 1 year commitment, $14.99 a month with a 6 month commitment, and $19.99 if going month to month. More likely to keep subs but also able to hit the people who would only want to pick the 4 major ppvs a year and still get some money from them.

I imagine that they're going to end up having to put ads on the live network content to make it viable. 

Doesn't seem like there's any going back now since they'll have no leverage with the cable companies with regards to Pay Per View and the people who have been paying 9.99 a month to watch just the PPVs on the Network have around a 0 percent chance of going back to paying 54.95 for them.

The Comcast thing is probably all on WWE since they probably want that ESPN level of cut per subscription from the cable companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back