Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the opening video for the show recapping last week's show took ages. Authority started things off with a promo, and then it peaked with Steph's Punk burial since things just became a revolving door of talking after that. Loved all the antics of Noble and Mercury - mainly Noble. IC 3 way was fun, and easily the best match on hour one. Layla-Rosa match was just dreadful, although JBL burying it and Kidd not giving fuck one ruled. Dean's wacky skit with Seth was glorious, and led to a rare good vibrator joke on WWE TV thanks to Steph deadpanning things and Seth saying IT'S AN ELECTRIC RAZOR. It was set up nicely with him saying there were personal items in the case to start the show, so you knew something was coming, and they actually delivered a solid joke. Eva's ass was on point in the handicap match. Jesse Jackson's needless burial was a bit much, but Titus looked great in the comedy match and in his Komen promo. AJ's match wasn't very good, but I enjoyed her falling sofa dive off the top. Sheamus-Mizdow had entertaining commentary. Main event wasn't bad, but wasn't exciting either. This will be fine in highlights, but like a lot of Raw, just dragged on way too long in real-time.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/wwe-raw-9-29-14.html

Screens -

Explicit Ambrose Facials

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0lyrsu88vkmeioikrdb9qfu5yxm5d5qe

Seems like they might be breaking up the Wyatt family based on those Harper promos tonight.  No Rowan to be found and it sounded like Bray was letting Harper go out on his own.

Eh.. people upload clips and full episodes of Raw to YouTube so that's not really a big deal.

WWE 2K15's MyCareer mode sounds like that HOT FIYAH.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/30/wwe-2k15-hands-on-with-mycareer-mode

Once you've gone through the basics, and made our way out of the performance center and onto the NXT TV broadcast, your progress is based on your social media fanbase. Your job, just like any current WWE Superstar, is to entertain the fans, and as you well know, winning all of your matches and entertaining people are not always the same thing.

Over a long enough period of time, winning every match might be enough to get you over, but even a loss can be great for your career, because each match you compete in is rated on things like move variety, memorable moments, back-and-forth momentum swings, and overall drama. So, you're good enough at the game's mechanics to squash John Cena in two minutes flat using the same move over and over? That's nice. My 15-minute long loss where we both kicked out of multiple finishers at the 2.9999 count is the match fans want to see though, so expect me to land on a PPV card well before you.

Even if you're putting on 5-star matches on the regular, your experience is going to be different depending on the decisions you make in-ring and out. Storylines, rivalries, and alliances aren't really “random,” but they are dynamic based on how much of a heel or face you are, how over you are with the fans, and how previous storylines have worked out for you. Did you give Daniel Bryan props on Twitter? Did you smash Roman Reigns into an exposed turnbuckle? These kinds of things can result in a different path in an ever-branching system of events. There is no fail state, and there's no restarting a match if it isn't going the way you want it to. You live with every decision, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
HASHTAG RELEVANT HASHTAG THISISAWESOME

:whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember if it was the 2012 game but whichever one had the career mode with the star rating system that dictated your progress and you could cheese your way to 5 stars with an Extreme Rules match, a table,multiple finishers, and 2 minute wins all the way through.

Hopefully this works better than that did.  They're definitely saying all the right things.

It's all fun and games until they burden you with a dancing gimmick and you spend the rest of the game jobbing out to midgets.

DLC will include a failed football career to give your created wrestler a much needed ratings boost.

I photographed my TV in order to remember Jesse Jackson and The Bunny:

s3360h.jpg

Eh.. people upload clips and full episodes of Raw to YouTube so that's not really a big deal.

Beware those that live in rural areas that mode may be online only as the VC has to be linked to 2K's servers so you can't farm VC outside of what's allowed in-game or via purchase.

Research "My Career NBA 2K14 next-gen" on places like Operation Sports, Pastapadre, Kotaku, & Polygon if this is an issue for you.

That sounds awesome. And making it where I can't go and restart a match makes it even better I believe. Exciting. I also like having to start from the bottom and go to the big times.

This may be the first WWE game I purchase new in a long time.

The opening Roode-Lashley video was good, and followed up by the best X Title match in quite a while between Joe and Aries. The crowd shots during the setup for this were scary, but God bless 'em, they worked their asses off to have a fantastic match. I loved all the unique counters and stuff they did here - it made me want to do the match in a game immediately. EC3 and Spud were just fantastic with their spat tonight. I loved loved loved Spud saying he got his haircut to match EC3 - it's such an adorable little touch. EC3-EY was a good little match too, and I liked the distraction finish setup being a swerve and EC3 actually winning with his move after a low blow. Good heel work - there's next to nothing to actually like about this guy. Hopefully, he gets back in WWE - he'd be perfect as an IC-level guy right now. The Gail-Havok brawl was really good overall. It got sloppy at points, but was an effective way to show that they have some chemistry together, and further get Havok over as a killer.

Whoever scripted the legends, especially Bully Ray, so probably Bully Ray, to absolutely bury the Wolves can fuck right off. They're A - THE CHAMPIONS B - UNDER CONTRACT and like that damned 3D-Steiners thing, all 3D and now the Hardys did is talk about how great the past was. After everyone talked about how many touchdowns they scored in a single game at Polk High, Davey rightfully told these guys to fuck off, that they're the team of today, and then they still looked like chumps because Kurt came out to boss them around. Plus, the Wolves looked like they came right out of a thrift store with their clothes. Manik-Shark Boy was an awful showcase for Manik since Shark Boy got old, is fat now, really out of shape, and couldn't even do corner mount punches without getting tired. This went a few minutes and still dragged on. Shark Boy's got nothing left even as a comedy squash guy. MVP-Anderson was two guys going through the motions of an '07 SD midcard match, with the distraction finish of a 2014 one. Roode's "one more match" stuff was pretty annoying, but set up a nice face turn for Lashley if he re-signs. Gail-Havok was a fun little match. Havok's cleavage was out of control throughout, but other than doing the shoulderbreaker to the wrong arm, there was really nothing wrong with it. It told a nice David vs. Goliath story, and I liked that she won after chokeslamming her on the bad shoulder.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-impact-10-1-14.html

Screens -

Good so far...

OH GOD!

Impact of Honor

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ao1yf79txs432cxk0yqro3y1vb09cemn

Is this coming soon? Clips from last night are on their YT feed.
I thought I read about it somewhere, and the clips were delayed, but WWE did put them up, so I dunno.

That sounds awesome. And making it where I can't go and restart a match makes it even better I believe. Exciting. I also like having to start from the bottom and go to the big times.

This may be the first WWE game I purchase new in a long time.
The RPG elements in MyCareer sound good. We shall see how it performs. At the very least, the game looks phenomenal.

I'm actually impressed, not a single hitch during the stream and the production has been really good (only gripe is when a mic is used, really hard to make out what they're saying).

SLAM! Wrestling recently interviewed WWE Superstar Cesaro, who was promoting this week’s house show in Toronto. Below are some highlights.

Cesaro on being US champion in WWE: “That is the first title that I ever won in the WWE so I always hold it in very high regard. Many Hall of Famers have held the United States Championship so to me it means quite a bit. A win means I would be a champion of the United States of America and they need a good role model like myself.”

Cesaro on working with Sheamus: “When you are in the ring with Sheamus, it is always going to be hard-hitting. I knew what I was getting into but I know he got the worst of it. He just managed to get lucky in the end.”

Cesaro on his style: “I have a very unorthodox style and some of the referees are not used to someone competing at that high of a level. We may have to get some more senior referees up here.”

Cesaro on his greatness being his own weakness: “The problem is I am so good, I bring out the best in my opponents. Sometimes they are able to do things they would have never done before. My greatness is my own Kryptonite.”

Are they ever going to announce the rest of the 2K15 roster? The roster page still says "Full Roster Coming Soon," but it's said that since Summerslam. If this is the final version, I think this is the lightest legends roster since the PS2 days. Maybe they'll all be DLC.

Are they ever going to announce the rest of the 2K15 roster? The roster page still says "Full Roster Coming Soon," but it's said that since Summerslam. If this is the final version, I think this is the lightest legends roster since the PS2 days. Maybe they'll all be DLC.
I think they're still finalizing swapping Stevie Richards for CM Punk.

All of you changing the channel after that Hornswaggle match (or was it the Adam Rose bit?) missed out on a great segment just now.

And I love how Dean Ambrose is being pushed right now. He's delivering week after week as the complete opposite of John Cena.

I'm watching the recording on my dvr so I'm like 30 minutes but holy shit, that caught me off guard.

edit- Now finished watching it, and that was better than all of Night of Champions ppv

The opening stuff was fine thanks to Seth being a chickenshit, Dean being all-around amazing, and Cena's run-in was helped a lot by not having it telegraphed by his theme. 6-man tag had some fun action, but Cole's "we're back on Raw - MORE OF THE SAME!" fit it far too well outside of the triple superkick finish. Hoda and Kathie Lee segment was technically short, but embarrassing to watch and seemed like it went on for ages. Henry-Bo III was nothing and HENRY GOT ROBBED, that damn ref counted too quickly. Dean going to Coney Island was fun until they showed him not only making it to the subway, but leaving on the train within one commercial break. Mizdow was great with Mr. Kane and the fruit basket. Swagger-Kidd was okay until the goofy finish. They spent more time hyping up the Roman thing than it actually took.

After a bunch of nothing, THE ROCK CAME OUT TO CONFRONT RUSEV! Rock was amazing and I hope we get Rock-Rusev at WM. Women's tag was a thing that helped no one and hurt AJ's character. Rowan video was good, but the pregnant "it's coming" thing was a bit confusing. Miz-Sheamus was a thing. Breast cancer deal felt a bit more genuine this week thanks to Lunden. This was still some pretty blatant pandering at times though, although Cena's kind of damned if it does and damned if he doesn't wear his Keep Calm breast cancer shirt since it really does come off like WWE profiting off of breast cancer. Main event was odd. Why is Cena struggling? A month ago, he murdered the Wyatt Family within minutes and didn't break a sweat. A BIG BOOT IS A DQ!? Dean's hot dog cart stuff was a bit too silly. I like that we finally have a match set for the PPV - Dean vs. Cena, with the winner getting Seth in the cell. It SHOULD be Dean, but him attacking Cena here makes me think Cena could win it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/wwe-raw-10-6-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/iiluy4czo0y0j3lll97xgh0gy3rct6ub

And I love how Dean Ambrose is being pushed right now. He's delivering week after week as the complete opposite of John Cena.
He's delivering in spite of his material. They're turning him into a fucking prop comic. Not good. It's a testament to how great he is that he's still pulling it off. There is literally no one else on the roster that could have done the mustard and ketchup thing and had people just accept it. I just hope he can continue to pull it off, because they are going to try to find every reason on the planet to de-emphasize him once Reigns is ready to come back.

Has anyone else noticed that, starting with the Smackdown before NOC, every Raw/SD/PPV main event has ended in disqualification? Last clean finish was Reigns over Rollins.

Opening bit with Roode and MVP was just sad with the one row of people behind MVP. I love Roode showing passion, but this whole angle is doomed due to the low crowds. I like the idea of Roode risking everything for a shot - makes the title seem important. KOs 3-way was amusingly goofy with the booking. Now Love, Rayne, and Taryn had to earn a shot by winning - nothing wrong with that. But Velvet is the top contender and gets a shot at BFG despite not wrestling on TV in ages. The 3 way itself was pretty good, although Taryn has yet to show everything she had before, but having her be the victim of Havok's post-match beating sets up a future match between them and one with Rayne too since she cheated to beat her.

Revolution vs. Uno/Ki match was good-ish, but never got great. I liked the mist>superkick finishing sequence though. Goofy Shaw-Gunner deal set up Shaw-Bram. Just what Impact needed - another worthless weapons match, now with Shaw, who apparently got tattoos years ago to pay tribute to Gunner now. Shaw-Bram was nothing special, and they've retconned Shaw coming in via Gut Check, which is probably good given his checkerboard gear at the time. Roode vs. MVP/King was fun - I loved MVP talking shit while sitting on the steps. DQ finish was good until they clarified that it had to be via pin or submission. Here I thought that Lashley at least chose his opponent to some degree after having MVP big-dog him. The Spud-EC3 thing was just perfect. They played off the skits, the you can't wrestle/I'm very good bit, and Spud just came off so great finally standing up for himself. Shame they TO THE BACK'd it with a video package for Full Metal Mayhem.

They drew out the intros for this as long as possible, which was good - it felt like a historic match. Not having the uniformly-painted ladders was a bit odd though. This was a crazy match - easily the craziest of the series. The powerbomb OVER THE TOP TO THE RAIL BRIDGE was nuts. The legdrop going through the table with no one there was perhaps crazier. Jeff's going to kill his tailbone. RIP Eddie's hip after the double beale off the top of the ladders. Then things got crazier as Davey bumped to the floor off the ladder to the floor - no tables, and Bully was splashed by Jeff OFF THE TOP OF THE MID-RING LADDER AS IT WAS TIPPED. Thank God that went well. This whole nutty series ended with the Wolves using the Dudleys' own table powerbomb to win over the Hardys directly, so it felt like they truly were the best team in 2014. This match was worth going out of your way to see.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-impact-10-8-14.html

Screens -

Shaw's new gear is an improvement.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8ux4va3sz5sn0k7je814ihs2tknaxlr6

I tuned into TNA for like the third time in my life just to see that TLC match. It didn't disappoint. Lots of fun spots.

Here's the first pic of CM Punk in WWE 2K15. It doesn't look nearly as bad as people were saying, especially considering that he wasn't scanned.

q0TAKJi.jpg

I tuned into TNA for like the third time in my life just to see that TLC match. It didn't disappoint. Lots of fun spots.

Here's the first pic of CM Punk in WWE 2K15. It doesn't look nearly as bad as people were saying, especially considering that he wasn't scanned.

q0TAKJi.jpg
In a strange way it's like looking at the gaming representation of a man who has died.

The opening segment was just a ton of fun. Steph had her Cena ass-smacking getup on and was both playing face and heel within this segment. The constant Network jokes are bizarre because they're literally turning the biggest company gamble in 25 years into a running joke. Loved Steph's dance because it was both wacky and bouncy. Kane-Rose was a really fun squash. Loved the rosebuds sacrificing themselves for the bunny. Seth-Kofi was a thing - Kofi being a ten-time champion really seems worthless since he's just a jobber. Divas match was short, but fun. Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny was a backdrop for amusing commentary, which was fantastic. Sheamus being all wacky doing a chain of chest beats was weird, but a new twist on that spot. The Rock-HHH skit was just bizarre since you've got HHH and Steph as heels, but also as faces, and it's just bizarre. Rock and HHH still have good chemistry, but I don't want to see a WM match between them. I don't even want to watch their matches on the Network, let alone with them trying to go through the motions of things 15 years later. Cena and Dean were pretty good on Miz TV, but Cena was entirely too happy about Dean knocking him out. This did make sense later with him kind of luring Dean into a false sense of security and then AAing him after Dean hit the Tiger Mask-style double arm DDT. Definitely a newsworthy show, and one worth checking out.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/wwe-smackdown-10-10-14-sd-15th.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/prmnvefk8oyxxi4dyqxvlkly20rhksha

WAY too much Team 3D stuff, which I'm surprised wasn't trimmed down since they just used the show as a way to try and get a GFW/NJPW gig. The HOF came off as so low-end with Bully in a knock-off Affliction shirt and Devon in an unironed, untucked button-down. YOU'RE GETTING INDUCTED TO A HALL OF FAME, at least attempt to dress up in something beyond a casual stroll to 7-11. The W-1 tag was quite good, as was the X Title match. Team 3D's match wasn't good, but was still better than the main event. It was way too short a match for a main event in theory, but was already bad and just poorly laid-out. Velvet's match got over huge, and I could see her becoming a regular in W-1 since she was one of hte most popular acts on the show. Muta's lack of reaction was astonishing, and really sad. Hogan's final match at least got a good reaction at BFG, and this crowd should be conditioned to like him (and granted it's not his last match) but they were SILENT beyond two guys chanting Mu-ta.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-bound-for-glory-2014.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/sk1cozo2wx5lwjzi3ooqzxypwq9tjv3b

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back