Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
If WWE wants to smarten up at all and recoup any losses I would think the WWE network will eventually change as follows:

1.) All vault content as is, including older PPV events

2.) Current PPV events will go back to a pay to watch model but will decrease in price by $10-$20 each.

If WWE wants to smarten up at all and recoup any losses I would think the WWE network will eventually change as follows:

1.) All vault content as is, including older PPV events

2.) Current PPV events will go back to a pay to watch model but will decrease in price by $10-$20 each.
I was thinking something along the lines of that too. The only thing I would change is I would make all the smaller PPVs available for free on the Network. Keep the major 4 on PPV, but available on the network for a discount. I say major 4 even though there are really just 2. They need to build SummerSlam back up almost like WM, and figure out a way to make the actual Survivor Series matches a must see.

If WWE were smarter they would have brought the Network out without the live PPVs. And once they reached their break even goal THEN add the PPVs to the Network for free each month. That way they would already not need the Dish Networks of the world to air their stuff anyways.

They could keep a few of the minor PPVs on the network and make them network exclusive. Create a tier program for the network, say $9.99 a month for vault content and $14.99 a month for vault AND the PPVs offered; put say the other 6-8 on pay-per-view. The pricing scale has got to change though, $39.99-$59.99 for a wrestling pay per view is just too high to expect out of the majority in my opinion. If the pricing is dropped more people will buy regularly.

As much as I loved the idea of watching Wrestlemania for $10 bucks (essentially) WWE simply put cash in a paper shredder.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could keep a few of the minor PPVs on the network and make them network exclusive. Create a tier program for the network, say $9.99 a month for vault content and $14.99 a month for vault AND the PPVs offered; put say the other 6-8 on pay-per-view. The pricing scale has got to change though, $39.99-$59.99 for a wrestling pay per view is just too high to expect out of the majority in my opinion. If the pricing is dropped more people will buy regularly.

As much as I loved the idea of watching Wrestlemania for $10 bucks (essentially) WWE simply put cash in a paper shredder.
I think they were expecting more people to sign up to basically watch Mania for 9.99. A lot of the early hiccups they had seemed to piss the entitled generation off and turned those people off from the product.

And in cable/satellite/internet news, AT&T agreed to buy DirecTV. fuck this shit.

The Chicago Blackhawks vs LA Kings series finally brought CM Punk out of hiding. Looks like he started a feud with Bailey the LA Kings lion mascot.

Maybe they should have had Wrestlemania for free as a one off and offered the rest of the PPV's at a big discount for Network subscribers (like $14.99 or $19.99).

I think the Network is worth $9.99 a month without getting the live PPVs for free, but weirdly if they took them away now I'd feel like I was losing a lot.

So Jesse Sorenson, who rose to fame via a broken neck in TNA and then didn't want to accept TNA not letting him wrestle anymore got hurt again. Seems this time he broke his ankle in several places which will require surgery. Somehow he did this in a botched suplex. 

How the fuck do you botch a suplex that bad?????

Maybe this guy should stop trying to wrestle. I think the universe is trying to tell him something.

Word is that Kevin Steen and Willie Mack are getting development deals. No word on Roderick Strong yet. ACH and Rocky Romero have both been passed on.
I cant see Strong in WWE. He looks like a child and he isnt THAT good in the ring to get past that. Kevin Steen and Bray Wyatt working together could be interesting.

If the WWE changes the WWE network past 9.99 per month, I'm out. It's worth it right now, but if they ask for more cash for the PPVs or more monthly, I'm unsubscribing. I'd commit for a year at 9.99 if I had to, but no fucking way I'm paying more than that.

I cant see Strong in WWE. He looks like a child and he isnt THAT good in the ring to get past that. Kevin Steen and Bray Wyatt working together could be interesting.
Roderick is someone I want to see succeed in the WWE because of how incredible an athlete he is. At the same time I'm like you in that I think he is someone who would never really breakout.

What I imagine HHH is doing is filling out NXT with really talented indie guys and using them to hone the people who they intend to make the face of the company. Kind of like how Rollins and Ambrose are supposed to help Reigns improve his ringwork until he can be the face of the company a few years down the line.

That's just my conspiracy theory but it makes sense to me. There are guys that can work but don't fit the WWE mold. There are guys who can't work but fit the WWE mold. Why not just combine the two in NXT until the guys who fit the mold can also work too. Steen might get called up because he can talk. But he's the only one I think will get past NXT.

I love Mack and he's a billion times more charismatic than Xavier Woods, but I already know he's going to get saddled with a terrible gimmick.

So I WROTE A BOOK! Actually, it's just a compilation of Impact reviews with some new text explaining the purpose of the book at the beginning and end. It's here though -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFAT8OY

As for Raw -

This show dragged on and on at times, but I thought Barrett came off like a megastar. Paige's WWE UK debut was a bit of a dud though. She lost and looked like a chump in the process. At least she came off better than anyone in Dolph-Henry, which set each guy back a lot. Cena attacking from behind to start the show was amusing since it was so heelish. Steph's announcement of an announcement was something. Adam Rose got over huge tonight. This should've really been his debut since the feud hasn't really progressed any since it started anyway. Harper-Cena ruled, minus the finish. WHY IS CENA TAKING BUMPS ON METAL!? Moreover, why is he doing it when it's not even making a cool noise. Dude's way too brittle to be doing that shit - let alone on free TV.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/raw-5-19-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/uf43cv8xg81fgq3o6tk2f35p1ekj2uhx

Well, a more generic cover would suck and I used a filter to make it a bit less obvious that it's just a screenshot. TNA is shockingly bad about going after anything, so I honestly doubt anything will come of it. I've had a clip, monetized even, of Bashir's theme from TNA on Youtube and it didn't even lead to a song content ID match.

TNA may be bad at going after anything, but when they finally pull the plug and sell their properties to WWE for dirt cheap you may have a problem.

I checked out after this: "Whatever name I've made on wrestling forums has been at least largely due to TNA..."

Which one of you is "Barbara Moore" and left this 1-star review?:

This was one of the most useless things I have ever read in my life.

Next time use spoiler tags

TNA may be bad at going after anything, but when they finally pull the plug and sell their properties to WWE for dirt cheap you may have a problem.
Or Hogan for that matter. I mean.... he's pretty identifiable on that cover.

Also paying to read your reviews. Pff... as if anyone in their right mind is going to pay to read your Impact reviews.

I checked out after this: "Whatever name I've made on wrestling forums has been at least largely due to TNA..."

Which one of you is "Barbara Moore" and left this 1-star review?:
Haha, that's fantastic! As I say in the pre-review portion, which is free to read along with a lot of text, this book is just a way for me to make a bit of money (hopefeully) and get used to creating an e-book for future projects to go smoother.

Haha, that's fantastic! As I say in the pre-review portion, which is free to read along with a lot of text, this book is just a way for me to make a bit of money (hopefeully) and get used to creating an e-book for future projects to go smoother.
Not to pee in your cheerios, but there are no fans of TNA left to want to buy a book about TNA.

Best of luck, though.

I also wish I could take credit for that spoiler tag review. Genius.

Not to pee in your cheerios, but there are no fans of TNA left to want to buy a book about TNA.

Best of luck, though.

I also wish I could take credit for that spoiler tag review. Genius.
I know it's a limited audience - the show itself doesn't even get 1 million viewers throughout it anymore. I'm not expecting this thing to skyrocket me to the top of the best-sellers. I made it to make a little bit of money and figured I've got all the material already written - I might as well turn it into a book since size-wise, the content worked for one. I was also motivated after Mother's Day to do SOMETHING when I was told that I was responsible for my mother getting cancer and dying because I was too lazy to drive her to a doctor. Even though I can't drive. And never could due to being completely blind in one eye and having a lot of vision loss in the other.

Congratulations for proving what I already assumed. Hydro, Harry, Angry Man, Neocisco... You guys are overbearing pieces of shit. Always have been. You guys just can't help yourself from being assholes, can you? 

Phil-Modern-Family-Point-and-Thumbs-Up.gif

Nice job putting out the book Jay. I hope it brings in whatever income it can. 

I'd like to take everyone else off the hook. I did the Barbara Moore review for Jay's book. The computer here had her logged in already. I don't even know who this barbara is, this pc is at a public library. 

No hard feelings Jay, I just find it sad that you post the exact same reviews on other wrestling forums with no screens at all or screens spoilered, but you won't do the same here. 

On a side note, Hero: If everyone here are such overbearing piece of shit assholes, why the fuck do you keep coming back? Seriously, just leave already. Nobody here cares about you or your opinions of anything. Your attempts at trolling are lackluster at best, and provide zero entertainment. 

I really don't give a shit if you are Zen Davis or not, your gimmick is lame as hell, and older than shit. 

Unfortunately I was 100 percent serious. You'd slash a dog in the face if you thought you could get a laugh out of it.

Newsflash: Not everyone here is an asshole. There are good posters here who don't go out of their way to be pricks and I enjoy reading from them. Jay is a good guy. Musha is a good guy. Renique is a good guy. There are plenty others as well. Just because the assholes are the ones that post regularly you think it's okay to be one too?

I'm sorry but it's not okay.

But yet, you're the one single person on this entire board that seemingly NOBODY gets along with. 90% of the people in this thread have or have had you on their ignore list. You've been told over and over again by moderators that the things you post are not welcome here.

Just give it up already, and go to reddit or neogaf or anywhere else where you might be more appreciated.  

I'd like to take everyone else off the hook. I did the Barbara Moore review for Jay's book. The computer here had her logged in already. I don't even know who this barbara is, this pc is at a public library.

No hard feelings Jay, I just find it sad that you post the exact same reviews on other wrestling forums with no screens at all or screens spoilered, but you won't do the same here.
I never spoiler the screens anywhere. In seven+ years of doing so, it's never once caused a problem until the EY deal. It's not a bad thing to change things up a bit though - I do forget about the west coast airing being a few hours behind, although I've always heard that Spike doesn't have a staggered feed the shows airs at the same time around the country.

But yet, you're the one single person on this entire board that seemingly NOBODY gets along with. 90% of the people in this thread have or have had you on their ignore list. You've been told over and over again by moderators that the things you post are not welcome here.

Just give it up already, and go to reddit or neogaf or anywhere else where you might be more appreciated.
Am I the prick trolling people off-forum and screwing with their livelihood for a chuckle? No that's you. ;)

Your entire argument is centered around the idea that you're assholes and that if I don't want to be surrounded by assholes that I should leave. Would you use that logic on a woman that was being sexually harassed at work? What if your sister got told that if she didn't want to be shit on by her male co-workers that she should find another job.

I've seen Jay post on other forums and you're flat out lying when you say he spoilers his images or posts. Be better than this Lemon. That's all I have to say to you. You're a disappointment. I expected better from you.

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Man-Macho-Randy-Savage/dp/B0000CF348/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hpc_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KGCJBXJ5KNDXJV3FMT3

The "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" and "Most Helpful Customer Review" Sections are entertaining.

Congratulations on the book Jay, it takes a lot of guts to put your work out there in such a public forum. I wish you the best.
Putting out the book is a bit more public than the blog I suppose. I love the wacky FATBOY URL Amazon gave it - that's not just me quoting Scott Steiner. Maybe the person who reviewed it loves TNA. In that case, I'm sure another book on them will get a URL of DOOMSDAYCHAMBEROFBLOOD.

I used to be annoyed by his posts but after that rant he went on about being over as a heel and how he shows this thread to his friends, I just kind of feel bad for him now.

I feel like sometimes it all comes across as bullying but a lot of times he seems to instigate a lot of stuff as well.

The last page is really summed up by "SLAP FIGHT"

tumblr_mumy55IT6b1s9qd4ho1_400.gif

Spoilering just because it is proper Wrestling Thread etiquette

It looks like Comcast will be carrying Payack on PPV. Not surprised really, if a deal hand't been done with NBC/Universal/Comcast/GE then it probably would've been dropped.

It's a good thing WWE has literally $0 figured in as PPV profit, because I can't fathom many people buying Payback. Shield-Evolution's build has been by-the-numbers and the one feud they've really got clicking is Paige-Alicia, which is astonishing. Alicia's getting over more now than ever before and it's not like they really expected this act to work beyond a PPV opponent gig for her.

Alicia's doing great work right now even if I don't quite get what the hell she's supposed to be doing after her matches.  She's gotten to the point where her stuff looks good but isn't going to eventually kill somebody like her old axe kicks.

Hard to blame them for a lackluster PPV build given what's going on with Bryan.  Evolution/Shield should deliver again even though they've been in reruns since the first PPV match.(I expect Ryback to take at least 3 more Triple Powerbombs before the PPV).   

Sheamus/Cesaro should be great too.  Barrett sending RVD onto his next vacation will be nice as well.

Speaking of which, what was up with that Del Rio/RVD match from Raw?  Weird,pasty, padless Del Rio talking about saving the world and RVD just kinda avoiding doing Rolling Thunder even though he set it up twice and the announcers called it.

And what's worse, they didn't even get to do the planned 4:20 ending. WHY THEY COULDN'T JUST LIE ABOUT IT I have no idea beyond them wanting to be accurate with the time, which they've fudged with before.

Unfortunately I was 100 percent serious. You'd slash a dog in the face if you thought you could get a laugh out of it.

Newsflash: Not everyone here is an asshole. There are good posters here who don't go out of their way to be pricks and I enjoy reading from them. Jay is a good guy. Musha is a good guy. Renique is a good guy. There are plenty others as well. Just because the assholes are the ones that post regularly you think it's okay to be one too?

I'm sorry but it's not okay.
.... but I wasn't being an asshole to Jay? I was legitimately giving honest feedback. I really do wish him well in his book sales. The Barbara Moore review thing was pretty funny though. Admit it. Even George Takei does trolling reviews on Amazon. Nobody thinks he's an asshole -- except maybe you.

Oh wait! Newsflash: Nobody gives five fucks what you think about the posters here. Only 15 year olds give shoutouts on "who's cool".

You know what's really not okay?

... Ah, forget it. Go fuck yourself.

.... but I wasn't being an asshole to Jay? I was legitimately giving honest feedback. I really do wish him well in his book sales. The Barbara Moore review thing was pretty funny though. Admit it. Even George Takei does trolling reviews on Amazon. Nobody thinks he's an asshole -- except maybe you.

Oh wait! Newsflash: Nobody gives five fucks what you think about the posters here. Only 15 year olds give shoutouts on "who's cool".

You know what's really not okay?

... Ah, forget it. Go fuck yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtgwkN_44co

Is HttM still going off on rants? Wotta schlemiel. Thanks, CAG ignore feature, you're aces.
Yeah, someone's vagina still burns, apparently. Instead of contributing to any form of wrestling discussion, he'd rather piss and moan about us "assholes".

Hey all the rest of you a-holes! We should start a stable, make t-shirts, and show our offline friends (if we have any). It'll all be a great laugh! We might even make it to HttM's "cool people" list in his next diary entry.

------

WWE Network just showed the episode of Smackdown from December 2001 where Austin was stalking Booker T around the arena and chased him into a grocery store. Classic stuff there. Considering I worked in a grocery store at the time it originally happened, it's easily my favorite/most memorable moment in WWF history from that era. I wish I could hear about how that idea came about and what each person involved thought of it (both before and after it happened).

That same episode also featured a 6-man tag of Albert, Scotty 2 Hotty and Taz(z) vs. The Dudley Boyz (w/ Stacy) & Christian. The Bakersfield crowd was red hot, even for this match. It made me realize even more that "Man, wrestling crowds really suck ass these days."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back