Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed a large partion of the PPV because I was having internet problems. I can only really comment on the end of the Cena/bray match and The Shield/Evolution match. The wrong man went over AGAIN in the former, but it was great to see The Shield get yet another win over the Authority last night. I can't think of a single time in their 1.5 years in the company when they've been booked badly.

I missed a large partion of the PPV because I was having internet problems. I can only really comment on the end of the Cena/bray match and The Shield/Evolution match. The wrong man went over AGAIN in the former, but it was great to see The Shield get yet another win over the Authority last night. I can't think of a single time in their 1.5 years in the company when they've been booked badly.
One could ague that having all three losing to CM Punk wasn't a great move even though I didn't have a huge problem with it.

To me the PPV just felt incredibly unfocused. It was like they really weren't sure what they wanted out of it and we just got a bunch of random matches. I know Daniel Bryan is hurt so they're probably trying to figure that out, but there's no reason why they couldn't have had a good PPV regardless.

What really hurt it to me was the fact that it was only a few days removed from NXT Takeover, which was really good and fun. Payback was the polar opposite of Takeover and they should feel bad because of it.

Somehow everyone in NXT will be punished for over delivering and outshining the main roster's event.

Somehow everyone in NXT will be punished for over delivering and outshining the main roster's event.
Eva Marie's going to pin every woman in NXT during her appearance in a few weeks. Also a lengthy Mojo Rawley/CJ Parker feud.

The crowd must suffer as well.

That bit where H hit Rollins with the TV was ridiculous as you could see it coming from a mile away (mainly because TV screens aren't white/silver), and then announcers ruined an already obvious setup by acting like they couldn't tell what he hit him with. Cole always sucks on commentary, King is usually tolerable, but even JBL was (as myke likes to say) the drizzling shits. The three of them should reprimanded for the absolutely fucking terrible job they did calling matches last night to the point of threatening replacement. They were all hot garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, the app works good on my 360. I try it on the Xbox one and keep getting an error. Anybody else having a problem?
I can't watch the Network on my Xbox One at all, I get an error message as soon as I boot it up. I was so sick of it I even factory reset my One and downloaded the app....AND IT STILL DOES IT!!! There is a number to call on the error message but I really don't think they could help me out at all. So for now I just watch it on my ps3 and ps4.

For some reason that awkward throw Alicia did on Nikki during the post match was the funniest wrestling thing I've seen in a while. The guy in the front row admonishing the heels for being "rude" immediately after didn't hurt either.

Batista quitting was amazing thanks to his wave. Shame we saw it 900 times to fill time. Then a lot more filler happened. More filler. The opener was amazing with Heyman on commentary adding a ton to everything. The Wyatts had a good-ish match with the Usos that would've been a lot better with a different commentary team. The Rusev ceremony was fantastic, but seems like something you would do after a title win or a major win. If he'd say...beaten AMERICAN OLYMPIAN KURT ANGLE last night instead of Big E., this would make sense. The end of the Shield as that particular three-man unit was done about as perfectly as possible, and it all made sense when Seth was the only guy with a weapon. Seth as a dragon for Roman to slay before HHH should make for a good match at MITB, so that card will at least be more dramatic than it was before.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/raw-6-2-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/x38k77kin4e61aj13xm510plbkudghfd

I can't watch the Network on my Xbox One at all, I get an error message as soon as I boot it up. I was so sick of it I even factory reset my One and downloaded the app....AND IT STILL DOES IT!!! There is a number to call on the error message but I really don't think they could help me out at all. So for now I just watch it on my ps3 and ps4.
Same exact crap I get. I made an account for the wife and use it through her account and it works like a charm. I try with my account and get the same message. Makes ZERO sense!

I'm still waiting for my cookies that Bo Dallas promised at nXt last month.

What exactly was the point of that whole thing with Rusev? I kept waiting for someone, anyone to come out and trash the thing but nothing ever happened. Did they just need to fill 7 minutes of time with something and that was the best they could come up with?

What exactly was the point of that whole thing with Rusev? I kept waiting for someone, anyone to come out and trash the thing but nothing ever happened. Did they just need to fill 7 minutes of time with something and that was the best they could come up with?
Is he still beating up any black person he sees? Rusev is Racist!

7 minutes of Lana sounds ok (I didn't see it).

Well RAW is now three hours so they got to fill the show somehow. Even if there's no real purpose to the segment.

Is he still beating up any black person he sees? Rusev is Racist!
JTG is still on the roster so....

On the Rusev thing (mind you I was only half paying attention), were they trying to bring up Snowden to get a heel reaction? Like they thought people would erupt in boos like they did with Putin?

Now seriously, What's up with Del Rio getting a spot in the Mitb match over Ziggler??? Wasn't he on the verge of leaving the E? Who the hell even cares or likes Del Rio? I'm glad that up until payback I hadn't watched anything except NXT. Guess I'll stick to watching NXT and the "Special Events" on the Network.

The fact that Del Rio is still getting TV time is a bunch of fuck ing horse fuck .. fuck .

I realize he is like the token latino when it comes to WWE TV Time but holy hell.. nobody gives a damn about this guy.

masked lemon has to be ecstatic that Alicia Fox is (was?) getting a push.
I'm just waiting for that wig to finally fall off during one of her matches. It almost happened a couple of weeks ago. I still say that girl has the longest forehead I've ever seen.

So... TNA has a new product they are selling. For just 4.99 you can buy a plastic Eric Young beard.

No, there were no typos in that.

No, I will not include a link to this piece of shit. If you really want to facepalm that bad, go find it yourself.

I just can not defend this shit anymore.......

fuck TNA. ROH told an amazing story with Eddie-Davey I - TNA opted to make the match right before an ad break, with both guys lounging around MVP's office in sandals. They hyped up a main event WITH A FINISH and delivered one without it. Storm rightfully kicked the ass of the asshole Anderson. Similarly, Brittany did nothing after Madison told her to and Madison got mad since hse lost as a result. THE MAIN EVENT FIRST BLOOD MATCH was rendered largely meaningless by the post-match skit. This was not a good show at all. Amusing though.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/tna-impact-6-5-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/5lv5tb6x8hcz9w1lss33a32e56lg3nc9

TNA is like Florida. You go there to die. 

PWG is like Mt. Everest. You go there to find out how alive you really are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6TxJ8rygdc&list=UUaN1vfY2wREOeV-oUB4KQ4g

So from what Dave Meltzer is reporting TNA's current TV contract with Spike TV ends in October and no new one has been signed. Also it sounds like several other wrestling companies have pitched to be on Spike recently. I wouldn't be shocked if ROH is one of them especially given they are now doing their first live traditional Sunday PPV in a few weeks.

I would love for ANY other wrestling company to get picked up by Spike (not Lee) TV. TNA should move to UK and just do shows over there, since they are the only people who seem to enjoy their product. Maybe leave throw MVP off the plane on the flight over...

Their name is TITS AND ASS WRESTLING. They were never meant to last.
TNA did have the potential to do very well. It's just too bad those running the company managed to find every single way to screw things up when things started to work out in their favor. I mean they've had great talent working for them, an TV station that hugely helped back them for many years, and the IWC which had TNA put on a good product would of supported them.

I guess Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion had a event yesterday. Which apparently Dixie Carter screwed him over and pulled Bully Ray from the event. One thing I didn't know was that Dreamer's a TNA agent.

Current TNA agent Tommy Dreamer is putting on his House of Hardcore IV event in Poughkeepsie, New York tonight and blasted TNA President Dixie Carter during an in-ring segment after Bully Ray was pulled from the show.

The segment began with Dreamer coming to the ring with Abyss and Devon. Dreamer announced that a nationally syndicated TV show would be filming tonight and for legal reasons, he can't say what it is but when it happens, we will know and react to it. Dreamer said his promotion is taking small steps like what happened last time and the coverage that Bully previously Ray brought them. He said this is another step like that.

Dreamer then said that with good news, there is bad news and said someone is missing from the ring. At that point someone yelled, "f*** you Dixie."

Dreamer was called at 11:30pm on Thursday night and informed that Bully Ray was pulled by Dixie so he could addend some sort of Spike TV show. Dreamer called Dixie a mark for Twitter and told fans to feel free to tweet her and let her know how they feel. A "f*** that b****" chant broke out next

Dreamer said that Bully wanted him to pass on an offer for the fans. If any fans are attending upcoming TNA events in Pennsylvania or New York, they can bring their HOH ticket stub and Bully will meet them for a photo and autograph. Bully said that's not for TNA, it's for the HOH fans.

Dreamer went on to say that he promises to get Dixie back for having Bully pulled from the show. Dreamer said he's tired of people like Dixie abusing people like him and the fans. He then said, "b***h, I will get you for this."

This then turned into an angle where Abyss attacked Dreamer and Devon. Abyss talked about how Dixie had kept him employed all these years. Abyss went heel on the fans and continued the attack, defending TNA. Rhino ended up coming out but turned and took out Dreamer, leading to a new main event of Dreamer and Devon vs. Abyss and Rhino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back