Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) $40 at Amazon

Man, I'm flip-flopping on this one.

Good price, but knowing Cyber Monday is right around the corner makes me consider this possibly being a lightning deal for a couple of bucks cheaper.

[quote name='RedGamer']$40 is still expensive.

There are alot of cheap PS3 games you can play until UC2 drops.[/QUOTE]

This.
I already just got RE5, MW2, GTA IV, Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank TOD, and will be getting LBG GOTY and Ratchet and Clank 2. Uncharted 2 will drop in price by then, so I'll have to pass on this.

[quote name='RedGamer']Spoiled? I disagree.

The ones who buy UC2 for $40 are spoiled. For $34, one could pick up Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Valkyria Chronicles from GameStop used.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know the person you are responding to, but I want to specifically respond to you. First off, spoiled is a relative term and is purely opinion. Some one who has trouble feeding their selves on a daily basis might say that you being able to spend extra money on any game is "spoiled". So I would say anyone calling anyone else spoiled is complete bull.

Second off, let's look at those games. Valkyria Chronicles is an A++ game, but I personally don't like Mirror's Edge or Dead Space. Games are not just all about the money, otherwise I would go to the dollar bin and get some.

Lastly, the whole "wait for the price to drop, otherwise your stupid" argument is also asinine. By that logic, we should wait until PS4 is out, by then it should be 5 bucks. We shouldn't ever watch the newest movies, you always have the classics. What kind of logic is that? Uncharted 2 is a new game, and one of the best looking ones. For someone that has a job, 40 bucks for a new game, the best in it's class, is a good price. I've worked hard this year so it's worth the extra couple of bucks to treat myself. I'll also be getting Demon Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous, Killzone 2, and Batman AA.

Just as a side note, the fact that you mention Devil May Cry 4 as a game to get before Uncharted 2 is laughable.

Edit: oh yeah, BTW, since this was in my gold box, I paid 38 bucks for it. And I have Amazon Prime so free 2 day shipping. This is better than than the lowest price you can find for this used. Totally worth it.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']So, anything beyond $30 is too expensive for your standards, yet you purchased two games for $80 ($40 each)? Hmm...:whistle2:k. Sure, you applied the $40 in credit to save on another purchase, but that doesn't disregard the fact that you spent $40 each for those two games.[/QUOTE]

Wrong...... I bought two Uncharted 2s and sold them on Ebay for about $53 each. After fees It all leveled out and paid nothing for those games, as I did it only for the $40 credit.

That $40 credit was then applied to Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2, after buying that it gave me another $20 which I used to buy UFC for $25 ( lightning deal)and sold it for 30+ on Ebay.
( when it cost me lest than $10)
:whistle2:$

So yeah that's my magic , now go eat crow

Now to finish my point of view on this is yes $40 is a GOOD price for a new game and I would pay it, but after playing Uncharted 2 and beating it I DO NOT consider it a deal. I mostly game online and play rpgs,sports,shooters if an Action game doesn't have long legs than $40 is too much.

Done here

Jesus, there's some bullshit elitism in here. People who are willing to buy UC2 at $40 are fine in doing so as are people who think it's still too much. Just because there are great, cheaper games out there doesn't mean that it's at all appropriate to impose your value system on someone else or judge them for seeing things differently. I don't necessarily agree with people who pay $100 for collectors editions or higher prices just to not have Platinum Hits boxes, but I don't consider them spoiled or place any other derogatory label on them as a result because I understand that we just have different priorities and values.

[quote name='RedGamer']
4) Christmas present for someone. (honestly, you should just buy them Valkyria Chronicles for $20. It would be better for your wallet AND their gaming variety.)
[/QUOTE]

Tch, this would be fine if you're giving a gift to someone who's into RPGs. As much as some people like to consider Valkyria Chronicles as magnificent as the second coming of Jesus, some people just won't be into it. In my situation, I'm buying UC2 at $40 for a brother who has it on his wish list. As big of a fan as I am on minimizing how much I spend on games, I'm not going to let my own inner thriftiness dictate what gifts I get for loved ones. Had he not had it on his list, I probably wouldn't have bought it since this Black Friday has seen me amass my first backlog in a while.

Just to give everyone a benchmark. August 27, 2008, uncharted 1 was a lightning deal for $30. Given that it was released in Nov 2007, I would say that $40 is an amazing deal for this game and should be jumped on immediately if you are on the fence. Just my opinion though.

[quote name='blazin_it_alwyz']Games are not just all about the money, otherwise I would go to the dollar bin and get some. [/QUOTE]

I honestly believe this is how a lot of CAGers operate. They would rather buy 4 crap games each priced at $10 than one amazing game for $40.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']I honestly believe this is how a lot of CAGers operate. They would rather buy 4 crap games each priced at $10 than one amazing game for $40.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think some people truly view buying and flipping games as a sport and something that warrants bragging rights. And that's fine. Personally, I'm just looking to get a game I want at a price I consider the game to be worth. As long as that happens, I'm happy.

PS: Awesome rez avatar. It's pretty much the only XBLA game I still play on a somewhat regular basis.

i think it depends on the situation you are in.

The people who are against buying the 40 dollar game ,i think, is because they just recently purchased 6 or 8 games for 10 or 15 dollars. They never jumped in when they got released so they just bought em now.
Now they have to wait for their games to ship and they will obviously have to play them and beat them.
It really wouldnt make much sense to jump to the 40 dollar deal when you just bought a bunch of cheaper games. You would have to beat all those newly purchased games before you even touched the 40 dollar game. They would rather wait and see if that 40 dollar game gets a discount soon. like cyber monday or for the christmas holidays. which is fine really.
So basically those people are here saying that the deal is not a good deal, of course, compared to all the cheaper games they bought.

And then there are those who probably purchased a few games on the 20 or 30 dollar side and are definitely jumping in this deal. They dont mind wasting the money because they are looking forward to this game since it jsut was released. They also probably have already played the old 10 to 15 dollar games that the person i said above bought. He wasnt interested in those cheap deals.

You got to look at both sides of the story here.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Uncharted 1 took nearly 2 years to drop in price, are you guys seriously going to wait that long? $40 is a real bargain now, and I don't expect the game to drop any further for a long time.[/QUOTE]

buy it. unless you dont mind waitining at the very least another month-- but im guessing way more to get at $35

Me my buying point as at $40-45 for a new game on release date. well $43 cus of taxes ifits not amazon

recent games
paid $40 for batman, 2 weeks after it came out-kept if for about month n a half(nephews loved the challenge rooms-passed it n sold it for $40

got all these on release date all for $40
got odst for $40 just sold it last week for $35
uncharted 2 for $43 sold it to my buddy for $40

fifa 10-$40
modern warefare $40
dark void n mag will be arriving on due date at $40
new mario bro $33-well this is kind of like 40 cuz new games for the wii are $50
got left 4 dead 2 $40-game i couldnt wait to play--(n yes I got a copy for my nephew at $35 from amazon)
all games were on release date.

way i see it i can keep most these games for about 3 months n sell them for a the same price i bought them or a $5 loss.

one thing is for sure if you can wait a month close to two n dont mind searching for deals wich obvioulsy we dont -or have a large back log of games then of course wait for the $30-35 range cuz it will happen--odst n batman just $30 this week after being out for about 2 -3 months
left 4 dead 2 n tekken 6 that games also dropped this week due to black firday.
hell the tekken bundle was $30. three weeks ago.

so if you can wait yeah wait, but if you really wantuncharted 2 now then $5 isnt really that much to get it now.

one thing is for sure never pay $60 unless you get one a hell of a gc, or in on an amazon deal like redgamer was saying spend $80 get $40 back.
or that batman $30 gift card toys r us was giving out but i missed out on that due to work.

I guess.

On another note, while I'm talking about things I -hate-:

When people say:

"I just got UnCharted 2 for $7 because I had a $33 gift card/credit"

They act as if they got UC2 for $7. They didn't. They got it for $40, paid for with $7 cash and $33 credit.

For the purpose of buying games, cash and credit are basically the same.

That $33 credit is held against the value of your purchase. That's $33 towards UnCharted 2, but it also could be $33 towards Assassin's Creed 2.

By buying UC2 with it, you are depleting the possibility of using that $33 credit towards anything else, and therefore still paying that $33 essentially.

Awesome, I just called Amazon customer service and had them add it to my open order with a double-ECA discount. $30 was my sweet spot for this one, but $32 is close enough for me!

[quote name='youenvy']buy it. unless you dont mind waitining at the very least another month-- but im guessing way more to get at $35

Me my buying point as at $40-45 for a new game on release date. well $43 cus of taxes ifits not amazon

recent games
paid $40 for batman, 2 weeks after it came out-kept if for about month n a half(nephews loved the challenge rooms-passed it n sold it for $40

got all these on release date all for $40
got odst for $40 just sold it last week for $35
uncharted 2 for $43 sold it to my buddy for $40

fifa 10-$40
(n yes I got a copy for my nephew at $35 from amazon)
modern warefare $40
dark void n mag will be arriving on due date at $40
new mario bro $33-well this is kind of like 40 cuz new games for the wii are $50
got left 4 dead 2 $40-game i couldnt wait to play--
all games were on release date.

way i see it i can keep most these games for about 3 months n sell them for a the same price i bought them or a $5 loss.

one thing is for sure if you can wait a month close to two n dont mind searching for deals wich obvioulsy we dont -or have a large back log of games then of course wait for the $30-35 range cuz it will happen--
left 4 dead 2 being a good example n so is tekken 6 that games like a month old-
hell the tekken bundle was $30.

one thing is for sure never pay $60 unless you get one a hell of a gc, or in on an amazon deal like redgamer was saying spend $80 get $40 back.
or that batman $30 gift card toys r us was giving out but i missed out on that due to work.[/QUOTE]
I have a hell of a back log, and if I pay over $40 for it, it is typically something I will play right away (this did not hold exactly true in november though as so many new games came out that I got, oh well though). I have no problem buying a game and adding it to the log even if it is $20 or more, if I don't think I will see it again at that price for a while.

[quote name='Lucid13']Just picked it up for $20 using the $20 credit from buying MW2.

Thanks for the tip man[/QUOTE]

Same here. Between this awesome deal, several Blu-rays I picked up and MW2, I'm pretty much set for the rest of the year.

also i will seriously jump in but i dont have a ps3.

i ordered two ps3 games and i will ahve to beat uncharted 1 before i even jump into uncharted 2. i did this with Half life 2. i was clueless when i played hl2.

i am just going to wait till christmas and see a drop of the price for uncharted 2.
i still got l4d and l4d2 and gta4 to beat.

Are you kidding? This is GOTY of the year material and it also has MP and Co-op so lots or replayability. The SP campaign is better than the first though a bit easier and the MP is very addictive and they just released a MP map for free and will release more by the end of the year. Just getting the game for the online is worth it in my opinion. Of course if you wait it will drop as all games do but why not get to enjoy this great game now.

[quote name='tears2040']Wrong...... I bought two Uncharted 2s and sold them on Ebay for about $53 each. After fees It all leveled out and paid nothing for those games, as I did it only for the $40 credit.

That $40 credit was then applied to Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2, after buying that it gave me another $20 which I used to buy UFC for $25 ( lightning deal)and sold it for 30+ on Ebay.
( when it cost me lest than $10)
:whistle2:$

So yeah that's my magic , now go eat crow

Now to finish my point of view on this is yes $40 is a GOOD price for a new game and I would pay it, but after playing Uncharted 2 and beating it I DO NOT consider it a deal. I mostly game online and play rpgs,sports,shooters if an Action game doesn't have long legs than $40 is too much.

Done here[/QUOTE]

So, you worked the system on Amazon, and then Ebay'd your games to get some free store credits - how "unique", I don't think anyone on these forums have ever done that before :roll:.

[quote name='RedGamer']I guess.

When people say:

They act as if they got UC2 for $7. They didn't. They got it for $40, paid for with $7 cash and $33 credit.

That $33 credit is held against the value of your purchase. That's $33 towards UnCharted 2, but it also could be $33 towards Assassin's Creed 2.

By buying UC2 with it, you are depleting the possibility of using that $33 credit towards anything else, and therefore still paying that $33 essentially.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Amazon gift cards don't pay the bills...
I need the cash for that, so yes, paying $7 OOP for a $60 game was a great deal.

[quote name='RedGamer']I guess.

When people say:

By buying UC2 with it, you are depleting the possibility of using that $33 credit towards anything else, and therefore still paying that $33 essentially.[/QUOTE]

no i meant like buy 2 get 1 free toys r us on line sale in october where they mest up and you could make future preorders- got uncharted 2-mag, and dark void
for $118-- free shipping on preorders.

left 4 dead 2 n mario i got from gamestop after tading games i got for $10 at gamecrazy-during their trade in 2 get a new game for $20 (wich i think is still going on now)so i bought 4 games at $42--then paid $35 for left 4 dead n new mario thus the total was about 75. for both game on release date.

amazon buy $80 get $40gc a --bought fifa 10 n midnight la for $84
traded in mdnight for $20 to amazon-used the $40gc--n got mw2

so i got both fifa 10n mw2 for $80 plus mw2 $20 gc

stuff like that.

I completely agree. $20-$30 is the CAG price range (at least for me).

If not, I'll just goozex it. :D

[quote name='cRodz']You got to look at both sides of the story here.[/QUOTE]

No I don't.

Remember, the argument is not "Hey I wouldn't buy this game because it's not worth it to me", this persons argument is "Hey you shouldn't buy this game because it's not worth it".

They are not just talking about themselves, they are including everyone in their assumption, and that's where they are wrong. 40 for Uncharted 2 is bad deal for you? I can totally see your viewpoint. But when you start telling people why they are not smart for picking this up, that's when you start being wrong.

20-30 bucks less for a brand new game that is arguably one of the best looking games out, and scored extremely high.

I don't see how anyone can think $40 for UC2 is a bad deal. Came out a month ago and has been getting phenomenal reviews.

It's not going to get lower than this for another 3-4 months.

chances are it won't be able to get it much cheaper then $40 for quite some time.

these games seem to retain their values quite well.

This is one of the very, very few games I'd be willing to buy for more than $30 because of its quality and unlikelihood to drop any further for the next couple years. Got one, thanks!

i'd be all over this... if i wasn't broke and had a backlog of about 10 PS3 games

i can definitely see myself getting this for < $30 1 or 2 black fridays from now when I have time to play it, lulz

I'm tempted, but with my backlog, I can wait. I'm sure there will be another Gamestop B2G1F sale after the holidays so I can pick this up, MW2 and another $50 game to bring the net price down to around $33 each plus tax (after the Edge card).

I know the games are used going this route, but I really haven't had a difficult of a time finding a used copy in good shape for big selling titles like this.

If you have a PS3 and don't buy this game now, you're an idiot and should just sell your PS3. I'm being completely serious (unless you hate shooters, there's no excuse).

I decided on waiting as well. I already had a backlog of about 15 games and I put myself into a bigger hole by buying almost another 15 this week. I'm sure I can snag this game for this price or cheaper at some point with a promotion.

btw to everyone criticizing one another on whether or not 40 bucks is too much, let people do what they want to do with their own money.

How long is this game? I am thinking about ordering...

I heard it clocks in around 8-10 hours?
Not bad for a game now days...

You can do whatever you want with your money, but UC2 isn't going to be hitting that $40 mark for a while (with the exception of now). You can wait and play other great games like MGS4 or w/e, but there are certain games in my eyes that are an exception if they are truly something special. Uncharted 2 was special and its $20 off.

Quality>Quantity for life.

[quote name='gomikeoh']How long is this game? I am thinking about ordering...

I heard it clocks in around 8-10 hours?
Not bad for a game now days...[/QUOTE]

Took me like 11 on hard I think.

The multiplayer adds a ton of replay value too. The the different gametypes are excellent.

[quote name='mdmola']You can do whatever you want with your money, but UC2 isn't going to be hitting that $40 mark for a while (with the exception of now). You can wait and play other great games like MGS4 or w/e, but there are certain games in my eyes that are an exception if they are truly something special. Uncharted 2 was special and its $20 off.

Quality>Quantity for life.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, you buy your 20-30 dollars games, you play them for a couple of months, turn around and sell them, and you're out 5-10 bucks because they're probably saturated as hell multiplatform titles.

You buy a game like Uncharted which likely isn't seeing a price drop for a while, do the same, and you're out at most the same 5-10 bucks at this kind of price tag. And you get to play a better game out of the deal.

This deal was even better since it was in my Gold Box as well. There is no way I could turn down this game at $38 as much praise as it has gotten. I just wish I could have gotten the first for $15 the other day.

Yeah I wasn't gonna bite on this because of the insane amount of money I've already spent this last week, but then I thought about how long it took for the price on Uncharted 1 to drop, and I figured I actually do want to play this sometime in the next 2 years or so. In for one, thanks OP.

This also goes nicely with the copy of the first one that I got for $15 in the lightning deal.

Niiice, was gonna pick this up at 50 with my DJ Hero credit.

Just got this for free! Thanks a lot amazon, you're the greatest ;)

[quote name='mdmola']If you have a PS3 and don't buy this game now, you're an idiot and should just sell your PS3. I'm being completely serious (unless you hate shooters, there's no excuse).[/QUOTE]

I second this statement.

this is THE best game i've played on ps3. hands down. it's easily my favorite game as well.

at $40, it's a steal.

Playing Uncharted 2 will ruin you to other games in the genre like the Tomb Raider games. UC2 is so above and beyond the TR games it's not even funny. UC2 will make you realize some games are just totally weak efforts and not even worth buying at a cheap price.

[quote name='icedrake523']I see MW2 winning it even though it doesn't deserve it.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't think people in the industry are as hyped about MW2 as people think. It might win People's Choice GOTY and what not but there should be some variety from reviewers.

Here's hoping at least.

bread's done
Back