Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) $40 at Amazon

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']UC2 will make you realize some games are just totally weak efforts and not even worth buying at a cheap price.[/QUOTE]

It's not as much as they are weak levels, it's that UC2 is so high quality (I mean, we are talking about Naughty Dog here). I can't even begin to imagine what that game looks like on a 2000+ 50" Calibrated Plasma with surround sound....... :drool:

Additional tip: Before you check out at Amazon, click the Gold Box. They will present you with some additionally discounted items that are selected with discounts specifically based on what you shop for. When I did it just then, it offered me Uncharted 2 for $38. Can't go wrong with that :)

[quote name='CarreraGT']How does Multiplayer match up against games like Killzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2?[/QUOTE]

last time I played there was a lot of sniping and spawn camping... it's most likely gotten better by now, and I was by no means used to the maps yet but. There's a lot of cover and camo so being sniped by someone offscreen happens a lot.

Especially because the levels are more vertical than other shooters.

Uncharted 1 came out in 2007. IIRC it didn't get a permanent price drop to the $30 mark until the summer of 2009.

If you have any inclination to play Uncharted 2, I'd go for it now.

[quote name='porieux']There are still two more days of deals...it could drop to $35.[/QUOTE]
I was hoping for that, but it could go back up to $50. If needed I can always call and ask for a price adjustment, since they're cool like that.

Pass. Considering I haven't played my $15 uncharted 1 yet, I think my backlog will hold me over until this hits $20 or less.

I just ordered this definitely one of my most wanted games of late. Though it is doubtful that it will be able to beat Demon's Souls for my personal game of the year.

I'm on the fence. Last time I bought a game at $40 was Assassin's Creed . . . 2 years ago . . . it's still sealed and it mocks me because I could get it for $10 now.

I haven't finished the first Uncharted. My backlog is huge and I have so little time. I'm mostly interested in $10 games right now.

what's the point of argument?
if you have backlog of game to play, then consider wait (being a cheapass gamer you are)

if you don't have anything to play now, then buy it! Very simple

Gah, this is the perfect price for me for this game, but for some reason Amazon says my card number is incorrect when I try to add it. Such BS, they need to fix that glitch so I actually buy things from them. They are losing out on plenty of business.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']last time I played there was a lot of sniping and spawn camping... it's most likely gotten better by now, and I was by no means used to the maps yet but. There's a lot of cover and camo so being sniped by someone offscreen happens a lot.

Especially because the levels are more vertical than other shooters.[/QUOTE]

If you know the maps it's awesome.. Best third person MP I have ever played

But I personally prefer Battlefield games for my MP (not a fan of COD MP)

This is my favorite game since Ocarina of Time and maybe of all time, it's just so intense the entire game, beautiful art style to boot.

With a good multiplayer (haven't got into it much, but the beta was fun) the co-op is good, the single player is mind blowing.

Honestly for $40 you'd have to be pretty retarded to say "oh well I'll just stock up on the Matt Hazards, Dark Sectors, and the Strangleholds of the word" Pretty shitty attitude.

I bought the PS3 bundle (that comes with Killzone 2 and Infamous), one controller, MGS 4 (for $15) and now Uncharted 2 (for $40). Total: $400, with no taxs and free shipping! I love black friday! :D

[quote name='Boeing 747']
Honestly for $40 you'd have to be pretty retarded to say "oh well I'll just stock up on the Matt Hazards, Dark Sectors, and the Strangleholds of the word" Pretty shitty attitude.[/QUOTE]
Amen

[quote name='vatochewy111']does anyone think this game will come down to the price or cheaper in the next 2-3 weeks?[/QUOTE]
Not unless there is another B2G1 deal somewhere, in which case you'd only be saving $7 over what it is now. Do you really want to chance it for $7? Uncharted didn't see a price drop for like 2 years, and this game is even better than the 1st one.

Ha! Ha!!! Jumped on this as soon as I saw the price! I took a double take when I saw it at $40. This can't be beat!!!

I havent played the first game (which I got yesterday for $14.98) This is a good deal, in terms of the game and how long its been out pricewise, but there are too many games I need to catch up on (and need to play the first) Maybe next black friday!

how do you get the gold box deal? I tried clicking gold box after adding to my cart and before checking out, but I still don't get the small discount for $38.

look.. people,
Try to encourage others to buy this game so that it will reach Greatest Hits before next BF. Then we will have it for $29.99. (btw, I bought 1 from
Walmart for $38 after ship and CA tax and Bing)

[quote name='agentghost']look.. people,
Try to encourage others to buy this game so that it will reach Greatest Hits before next BF. Then we will have it for $29.99. (btw, I bought 1 from
Walmart for $38 after ship and CA tax and Bing)[/QUOTE]

It's already sold enough to go GH but when they'll do it depends on when they need the increase in sales. If people still buy the game at $60, they aren't gonna drop the price...

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I was gonna pass, but it happened to be in my Gold Box, so I took that as a sign :p Now I just need to find a cheap copy of the first one...[/QUOTE]

how did you get it in your gold box?

Just bought a copy off amazon and spent money I shouldnt have spent. Argghhh...

Oh well, tax season is right around the corner...

i dont have a ps3 but im going to jump on this at $38 (got lucky for it to appear in my gold box)

I was contemplating buying Amazon's BF PS3 deal and now im regretting not jumping on it. Oh well I hope they will have it back in stock on cyber monday

[quote name='vatochewy111']how did you get it in your gold box?[/QUOTE]I think it's just from all the games I've bought through Amazon. There's a thread on CAG somewhere that talks about manipulating your gold box, but I forgot where it is. Basically, you go to "Improve your recommendations" and make sure only video games influence your gold box. It's still a chance thing day by day, but you're more likely to get stuff you want by limiting it to certain things.

I just read about the $15 Uncharted 1 lightning deal from yesterday. Blast for missing out on that!

[quote name='matrix9280']Will I be completely lost story-wise if I play part 2 before I play part 1?[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt it.

[quote name='AceBB6']
Oh well, tax season is right around the corner...[/QUOTE]

Yes! Time to report the items you've bought from Amazon and pay state tax on them.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I was gonna pass, but it happened to be in my Gold Box, so I took that as a sign :p Now I just need to find a cheap copy of the first one...[/QUOTE]

Ugg its in my gold box too and I'm having a hard time resisting this game at $38.00 even thou I dont have a PS3 yet :bomb:.

Yeah, I picked this up as well. 40 dollars isn't bad for a great title such as this. I will have a ps3 in my possession some time next week.

Now I gotta run to Gamestop tomorrow and get the first one. (Yes, I know it was a lightning deal yesterday, but I don't want the GH version. I am that anal about them :p)

Great Deal thanks for the heads up. :applause: I hope there aren't any more crazy deals on Cyber Monday or I might have to find something to buy. :lol:

this game is a steal at that price....i couldn't resist and bought it about a month back used....superb game with lots of replay value and an awesome multiplayer support.

[quote name='jello44']Yeah, I picked this up as well. 40 dollars isn't bad for a great title such as this. I will have a ps3 in my possession some time next week.

Now I gotta run to Gamestop tomorrow and get the first one. (Yes, I know it was a lightning deal yesterday, but I don't want the GH version. I am that anal about them :p)[/QUOTE]

You could've just bought the Lightning Deal from Amazon and a non-GH from Gamestop. Then return the Amazon copy to Gamestop.

bread's done
Back