Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

I never beat a Tomb Raider game, let alone play much of any of them, but I always kinda figured Lara Croft to be a stuck up rich bitch.

there was a little bit (and I mean little bit) of steath action in the first Uncharted. There were about one or two sequences where you were given an opportunity to sneak around and stealth kill some people. If they're going to add anything, I'd like for them to add some more action vehicle sequences, like the beginning of Uncharted where you're on the boat.. that was very exciting. Or if they're going to add some more wide open areas, then nothing wrong with adding in a vehicle, or two. The water ski mission was superb in the original Uncharted [I forgot about that one]

[quote name='Thomas96'] The water ski mission was superb in the original Uncharted [I forgot about that one][/quote]

Oooh...I sense the potential for some amazing high-speed snowmobile shoot-outs in Uncharted 2!

Hmm, so maybe the original will finally drop in price? It sounds worth it, but it's just so hard for me to spend $50 on a game that old.

Well people complained about to much combat before so I think any stealth stuff might be used to counter act that issue.

I still have Uncharted and I've only played it for like 30 min, i really need to get back into that game! Fallout 3 has been taking up all my time though..

[quote name='aknowlesjr']hmmm... i'm excited, but the trailer didn't look that great. I still think the game will be good. look forward to future news and trailers.[/quote]

Yah, I agree. I've seen so many other trailers where some guy is walking through the snow and its impact is so much more heavy...

It was a teaser trailer... wtf are you talking about?

Well people complained about to much combat before so I think any stealth stuff might be used to counter act that issue.

Not really sure why there is so much dislike for the possibility of their being stealth parts. There has been a lot of games where they did stealth really poorly, but who is to say it is going to be like that? It could just be the regular style of game, but you have the option on sneaking past most of the enemies opposed to fighting them (MGS style)... I for one was hoping for some "stealth" style gameplay in uncharted 1, I wanted to take advantage of that sweet snap neck animation.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-244622.aspx

New Uncharted 2 Details
244622_1_hs.jpg
maddoggnick96 on Gamefaqs.com has posted some info from the new GI magazine:

- The biggest thing in the article IMO is that there's a new girl named Chloe Frazer. GI asked about Elena and Sully's return but they had no comment.
- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.
- Melee combat is more dynamic now.
- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.
- A demo was shown to GI with Drake going through a city (I believe in Nepal), and he's stealthily taking out guards and escaping the city.
- Nolan North returns to be Drake and Chloe Frazer is played by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).
- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.
- One of the weapons revealed is a rocket launcher that Chloe uses (might only be for the cinematic).
- There are no load screens.
- The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson (same guy from the first one).
- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).
- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

"In Uncharted 2, every character fully interacts with the dynamic geometry moving around them, and environments in the background are real parts of the game world"

"If Drake's on top of a train, he's going to be shaking with the train as it moves around"
"As he gets inside, his moveset is going to change, and he's going to be a lot more secure because the wind's not blowing."

- The graphics look better than Uncharted 1.
- Button sequence cinematics such as the final boss have changed so now Drake is now fully controllable in these parts...I think (This one's also hard to describe).
- Climbing seems improved upon. You can climb lamp posts now among other new things.
- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

- You can now move while aiming behind cover.
- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

These right here. Awesome.

AWESOME.

Well, some of that FPS stuff is more like, FINALLY. But still...

AWESOME.

Yay, Nolan North!

I heart Uncharted.

[quote name='KingBroly']- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

These right here. Awesome.[/quote]
I remember some other developer making a big deal about being able to do that second thing in their game, but I can't recall what it is.

Good, no more QTE events (if I read that correctly). I hope to see some sort of multiplayer, or else I'm just going to wait 10 months post launch like I did with U:DF.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I remember some other developer making a big deal about being able to do that second thing in their game, but I can't recall what it is.[/quote]

Could you do that in Splinter Cell?

Sixaxis grenade throwing was okay. I wish they'd keep it in there as an option. But hopefully they include more ice glaciers to cross in this game than they had logs to cross in the first game.

Wow. Better graphics than Uncharted 1? I didn't think they could make it look any better. :bouncy:

Just saw the direct feed shots. The shot down the street with the hanging flags is really, really pretty. Reminds me a bit of Resident Evil 5's target video. Must be the color.

I finished Uncharted on crushing a few days ago and now I'm a bit bummed that this won't be out for a while.

[quote name='dallow']This shot wasn't in the OP of that thread:

tamnhnsp080shj25mk34_snapshot20081215125341.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What happened to his necklace? Ooh, plot point.

Sweet. I like how they manage to introduce the vivid color, even in the battle-torn town scenes. The sneak parts are looking a little Metal Gear-y. I wonder if the game will allow for avoiding battles to get to objectives, or if the sneak stuff is just a new gameplay mechanic. I guess I'm worried that it will be just forced upon the player instead of making it a cool new option.

Ruh roh, hype meter rising...desire for this game increasing...

And Chloe Fraser... :drool: :drool: :drool:

[quote name='OatmealMu']I finished Uncharted on crushing a few days ago and now I'm a bit bummed that this won't be out for a while.
[/quote]

Maybe I missed it, but has their been any info on a release date? I was thinking they'd get this out for Holiday '09.

[quote name='bmachine']Maybe I missed it, but has their been any info on a release date? I was thinking they'd get this out for Holiday '09.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything. I'd personally like it if they avoided a holiday release.

bread's done
Back