Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='Maklershed']You're the only person in the world that pays for live on a month by month basis. It's $38.99 or less for normal people.[/QUOTE]

If you buy online or look for the best deal, but for that amount of money I can get a new game, so I can never justify the cost of Live.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']If you buy online or look for the best deal, but for that amount of money I can get a new game, so I can never justify the cost of Live.[/quote]

yes i have not renewed my xbox live and started by Multiplatform games on ps3 for free online.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']If you buy online or look for the best deal, but for that amount of money I can get a new game, so I can never justify the cost of Live.[/quote]

:dunce:

The price has been $38.99 or less on Amazon since October. You'd have to be pretty lazy not to get it if you really wanted Live.

I digress though. This is an Uncharted 2 discussion .. back to it.

But not everyone has the ability to buy online (IE Me) let alone the aformentioned of $38.99 still being too much, when I can spend that much on a brand new game.

But yeah, once me and Phoenix beat RE5 on Pro i'm going to try Uncharted 1 on the higher difficulties. It really is one of my favorite games ever. I love Sully.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']nonsense[/QUOTE]
There's seriously something wrong with you.

Part of me hopes there is a twist like the last game, but the other part of me hopes there isn't. The twist near the end of the first game was probably one of the more frightening experiences I've ever had playing a video game. Completely out of left field.

I'd be disgusted if they want to pull another twist. Making you run-and-gun (not using the game's forté of cover and scaling).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rafael122']Part of me hopes there is a twist like the last game, but the other part of me hopes there isn't. The twist near the end of the first game was probably one of the more frightening experiences I've ever had playing a video game. Completely out of left field.[/QUOTE]
I hope not. I loved Uncharted, but the twist left a sour taste in my mouth. I'd have preferred a much more straight treasure hunt.

Plus the switch to focusing even more on run and gun towards the end wasn't something I liked either.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']But not everyone has the ability to buy online (IE Me) let alone the aformentioned of $38.99 still being too much, when I can spend that much on a brand new game.

But yeah, once me and Phoenix beat RE5 on Pro i'm going to try Uncharted 1 on the higher difficulties. It really is one of my favorite games ever. I love Sully.[/QUOTE]It's the same situation for me, which is why I don't have XBL either and stick to PSN.

Anyway, let me just say over and over again I do NOT want co-op in Uncharted, unless it was some entire separate mode. However, having co-op in a separate mode could also take resources away from the main single player, and no way I want that to happen either. There's no denying I like RE5 and some other games that have co-op, but I have a few issues with them:
-Storylines tend to get cut down, just because it can be hard expecting both players to continue watching/listening to the story (co-op works best in straight up shooters that lack story).
-When games have co-op, their gameplay usually needs to be altered to deal with two people. Just look at what happened with RE5. It's almost a requirement to play with someone else, or the game may feel a bit weird/un-balanced. Most of the time, I rather not play a game with someone and just play alone (especially if I'm playing through a single player oriented mode). When I need someone to play with me, only makes me less motivated to play (sometimes I rather just play alone, after being tired and don't feel like dealing with people).
-Uncharted requires lots of platforming (precise). Lots of platforming + co-op would not work. I'd be annoyed if I was playing with a 2nd person, and they couldn't make the platforms either, or the platforming being dumb down to make the game move faster.

The only way I think that might be better to extend Uncharted is just to have various leaderboards and such (like DMC4 has).

I agree completley with Mana. Adding a co-op element to the game would completley ruin what made the first game so good. Imagine trying to scale a wall with two people, the camera would be all over the place, it would be awful.

Drakes Fortune was probably my 2008 GOTY. (I didn't get to it till 08) If Uncharted 2 is half as good as the first and sticks to it's original single player design I'm sure it won't have any problem being my 09 GOTY.

[quote name='JMEPO']Imagine trying to scale a wall with two people, the camera would be all over the place, it would be awful.
[/QUOTE]

Really? Seems like modern co-op games have an independent camera for each player. :error:

Being able to replay through the game as a different character from a slightly different point of view would be cool .
Kinda like the Half Life add-ons Opposing Force and Blueshift .

I don't go for the artificial lengthening of a game that expects you to replay a game 4 times to get a full experience .

"If you play through 'Japanese Game X' 4 times you'll unlock a rocket launcher!"
fuck that, I barely have enough time to play a game once .

Co-op is fine if it's handled like Gears, in which if the AI is in control it never gets in your way. The only problem with RE5's co-op was that you had to babysit the AI.

I'll be buying the game day 1. The first one was good enough to warrant me doing that.

I might be channeling my "PS3-only" owner wants for a Gears of War equivalent here, but I didn't see a problem with Sully and Elena when they pal'ed around in the first game (best moments were the vehicle sections). If only Eight Days wasn't canceled for those fuzzballs on Eye Toy... Eye Pet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhnuysG50WQ
v.​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTarqm4FCDY
This is going to flop so bad, no one's talked about this game since it's been announced until I have.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I might be channeling my "PS3-only" owner wants for a Gears of War equivalent here, but I didn't see a problem with Sully and Elena when they pal'ed around in the first game (best moments were the vehicle sections). If only Eight Days wasn't canceled for those fuzzballs on Eye Toy... Eye Pet.
[/QUOTE]Eh, I wanted Eight Days to be canceled since the project wasn't really going anywhere (it was still very far from being complete, despite when the development started), and SCEE London developing an action game is a train wreck waiting to happen. They just can't do action games right (looks at Gangs of London or whatever its called on PSP, or any action game they kind of helped with such as The Getaway. SCEE London knows casual games well, like Eyetoy mini-games, SingStar, some Buzz! assistance, etc.). That's why I'm not surprised they are making Eyepet. The concept may look cool, but the same can be said about any time SCEE London goes outside the casual route. Keep in mind Eight Days had no online in mind either. If SCEE Cambridge was making Eight Days, I'd have faith in it being good (since they do make action oriented games).

I'll buy at full price.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']did anyone else feel like the "tone" of this game was all over the place?...
She has the best "small" breasts I've ever seen in a video game. You don't get those too often around these parts.[/quote]

This thread isn't about Xbox Live. Anyone read my post? Anyone play Uncharted 1?

I think it's fair to say that the game will feature some kind of multi-player mode. The question I'm most interested in is if there is co-op through the story mode, and right now, I don't think that's going to happen for this game.

I don't know how I feel about that. I think Uncharted has established itself as a game that is good enough without multiplayer a la God of War.

I kinda agree. The first game was fine as a single player experience. I liked Elena and all, but it's all about me me me!

There's that and the fact that I'm concerned that maybe some time and resources are being taken away from the single player. If that's not the case I say carry on. :)

Just saw the gameplay video from GDC. How the hell did I miss that?
Looks so good.

Monday the media embargo will lift.

Of those scenarios, the mostly likely is a U2 demo in Infamous.

However, I think dallow is right, it is probably just a general loosening of the gag orders on the game. We should know a lot more about the multiplayer, etc..

I'm thinking that the Infamous guy is going to be in Uncharted 2 with some of his abilities. I mean, some of the guys powers are just like shooting a gun. All they would do is a different aiming animation and lightning instead of bullets. *shrug*

We're talking about the embargo on Uncharted 2.

The way these Sony announcements have been going, I'm just trying to not set my expectations very high. :p

Uncharted works best for me as Dude Raider, not Gears of War, so I'm inclined to agree with you Frisky. Still, I'd like to try the MP either way. Just don't know if buying Infamous is worth it just for that.

[quote name='gunm']Uncharted works best for me as Dude Raider, not Gears of War, so I'm inclined to agree with you Frisky. Still, I'd like to try the MP either way. Just don't know if buying Infamous is worth it just for that.[/quote]
haha dude, your spoiler made me happy lol :bouncy:

[quote name='gunm']Uncharted works best for me as Dude Raider, not Gears of War, so I'm inclined to agree with you Frisky. Still, I'd like to try the MP either way. Just don't know if buying Infamous is worth it just for that.[/quote]
There are also the concerns that Naughty Dog hasn't made a single-player and multiplayer game before, as they've only had multiplayer in CTR and Jak X, so whether they can make it worth their while on their first time out will be the big question.

Infamous looks like it'll be fun to me, so that's a nice bonus. If you don't have interest in the host game, you'll have to find a friend that it's interested in Infamous or maybe find a Blockbuster or some store like that that may stock the cases on shelves without removing the stuff inside. I wouldn't bet against there being another way to get in through some site where you sign-up for a code.

I hope Uncharted's multiplayer can live up to the singleplayer. And if the rumors of co-op are true, I just hope it's kept as a gears of war thing and not a RE5 thing. Meaning that if I don't want to play with another person, the single player doesn't become really annoying like in RE5.

[quote name='sotc1988']I hope Uncharted's multiplayer can live up to the singleplayer. And if the rumors of co-op are true, I just hope it's kept as a gears of war thing and not a RE5 thing. Meaning that if I don't want to play with another person, the single player doesn't become really annoying like in RE5.[/quote]
Sully/Elena were tagging along in the first and they were unintrusive to the player. Though now that I'm thinking about it, I doubt co-op for the campaign will be in U2:AT (where would the second player be during that whole train wreck escapade in the debut trailer?).

*Booty-shake* Yes, multiplayer confirmed. U:DF was so close to being one of those short singleplayer games on par with God of War and the sequel, but the whole
supernatural twist
was poorly executed and I only ever replay the first 3/4 of U:DF while the last quarter I don't ever bother replaying and a strong multiplayer would of counteracted that - plus it was painfully obvious that they were inspired heavily by Gears of War and this PS3-centric owner envys that game.

I don't get why people think singleplayer will suffer because of multiplayer, they already built an engine for the game and they could always hire a separate team. Who wants to bet that when the game launches, the singleplayer will be just as long as the first? Remember the unlockable skins in U:DF? That means they have a thorough animation system in place so I really wouldn't worry about the two stepping on eachother.

Still don't care about inFamous.

Ah lame, was hoping it would have been a bigger announcement. I also don't think Uncharted 2 needs Multiplayer, developers should just focus on what they are good at. Although, it may be cool to have fist fights in the middle of a gun fight.

I always wondered why there was no multiplayer in the first game...I mean, the gameplay was there.

Cool news though, since I plan on buying Infamous anyways :whee:

http://twitter.com/capnsmak/status/1626489942

Sam Kennedy of 1up mentions co-op in his summary of embargoes ending this week:

tons of big news on Uncharted 2 (co-op and multiplayer!)

Co-op confirmed? Jeff Rubenstein said in the comments on one of the PS Blog posts that embargoes are lifting at 9 AM PST/12 PM PST, so you should check out the blog and most every major site for news/previews of all of the stuff being revealed today.

Or you could check NeoGaf right now which has pictures, some albeit goofy and weird looking.

But let me save some of you the trouble: Co-op

I think they'll be able to pull it off. Clearly in an age where everything has some form of multiplayer, Naughty Dog is trying to make their game have value and with their previous record, I have faith. (Well mostly, but this certainly sounds cool)

bread's done
Back