Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/27/uncharted-2-to-include-multiplayer-beta-starts-june-3rd/

They have a nice trailer of MP gameplay.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3173932&p=37

Co-op info:
So far, it turns out, co-op is my favorite of the three new modes. It's also the longest in duration. Unlike Team Deathmatch and Plunder, co-op uses actual, in-game locations (whereas the competitive modes simply use art assets in new arena configurations). Rather than let you play through the single-player game with buddies, arguably making it more difficult to tell Nathan's story, Naughty Dog has put in special co-op side missions. Areas that may be clear when you travel through them in the single-player game will be swarming with enemies in the co-op side missions, letting you see them in a different light.

Chloe is playable here, along with Sully and Nathan (Elena's available in competitive multiplayer, but neither her nor Sully are confirmed to be in the single-player game), and seeing her in action is heartening; she's definitely got character. For example, when you creep up behind enemies, you can use a sneak attack finisher. Nathan has a pretty standard "all-business" neck-snapping move, but Chloe leaps onto the opponent's back for her chiropractic ministrations. Her melee move set also includes one particularly flashy maneuver that involves her hitting the ground, sliding past the enemy, and giving him a swift kick.

You can try to go off on your own, shooting up the baddies, but some obstacles require you and your teammates to gather together in one spot before you can trigger the next event. And if you ever fall in battle, you'll pray a considerate teammate's nearby as they only have a limited window of opportunity to revive you.
MP details:

As expected, Team Deathmatch pits the good guys against the a group of villains decked out in black mercenary garb. The gunplay controls a bit tighter than in the original game, but mostly uses the same cover and fire mechanics. Though also like the first game, moving from cover to cover is a bit awkward. Since bullet damage is still pretty low (meaning adversaries take a good deal of hits before biting the dust), the guys I played with tended to use a lot of run and gun tactics, only taking cover to rest a second and regain health.

Plunder is much the same, except in this mode you and your teammates fight against the other team for control of a golden statue. Once you grab it, you must tote it across the map and bring it to your safe house to win a round; the best of three rounds wins the game. The person who grabs their opponent's flag has to be careful though; with the treasure in hand, you move slower than normal and only have access to one hand for firing a weapon (limiting you to the pistol). You can, however, drop the treasure at any time -- you can even throw it at your opponent if you like. And unlike the Team Deathmatch maps, the Plunder maps seem more maze-like (though this may not be indicative of the final maps that'll be available) making it easy to get lost. Luckily, on-screen arrows indicate roughly in which direction the treasure is. (Or maybe not so lucky if you're the one with the treasure in hand.)

Of course, what's a bit of competitive shooting without other incentives? Each round you win earns you some money, which you can then use to purchase perks or skills, like steadier aim, that you can equip in one of two available upgrade slots. You can also find treasure strewn about each level (in the competitive and cooperative modes) that you'll be able to exchange for in-game currency. Certainly, the treasures and monetary system make multiplayer and co-op much more appealing, at least for collect-a-thon addicts (like me), or those wanting to upgrade their multiplayer skills. The three-player co-op side missions are also a nice compromise between indulging my social-gaming side while preserving Uncharted's Drake-only mystique.
Also:

media

:lol:

I don't know about multiplayer but co-op has me wanting this game something fierce. I'm glad that my worries of whether it would be like RE5 co-op have been put to rest.

The multiplayer trailer is freakin' awesome. I'm so happy that they're leaving the scaling/climbing/jumping mechanics intact.

The part in the trailer where Nate reaches over the ledge and yanks that dude off the side of the platform made me smile.

I'm so happy there's a co-op mode! Not really surprised that it isn't part of single player, but am surprised at the 3 player deal! Man, my hype meter is shooting through the roof right now! Damn you Sony, my Infamous pre-order is in. :/

BTW, I call Nathan or Chloe for the mp matches. ^_^

This ain't no Capcom! I give Sony/Naughty Dog (a little) more credit than that.

But extra maps/levels, character skins DLC? Oh yeah.

Me too. It's hard not to be concerned about it, given the attention MP is getting, and the fact that the previous game was only SP. I'm attached to the characters and the game world, so I'm hoping the campaign mode isn't short-changed in any way.

I'll get Infamous if it has a good length and scores insanely high (to me, a single player only game has to be REALLY good to be worth the full price). Otherwise, I'll either try and win a beta pass in the eventual contests, giveaways, etc.

Nate using the riot shield in the beta trailer is pretty cool. It's been a while since I've played U1...did that game have portable cover?

[quote name='bmachine']Nate using the riot shield in the beta trailer is pretty cool. It's been a while since I've played U1...did that game have portable cover?[/QUOTE]

Some of the soldiers that you faced did. Multiplayer I hope is just icing on an already awesome looking cake(game).

[quote name='zander1123']Is anyone else planning on getting inFamous for the Beta Multi player?[/quote]

Just pre-ordered it. I was going to wait until reviews were posted before committing my dollars (at this point, I think Prototype looks like superior game) but the hope of getting into the beta swayed me.

[quote name='js1']Multiplayer I hope is just icing on an already awesome looking cake(game).[/quote]

I agree completely. It looks like we all feel that way.

Looks pretty good. Similar to GTA4 it seems. Im not a fan of picking up and hoarding weapons but ill get over it.

Boost patches or whatever intrigue me. They need one for super fast climbing cuz you know you will get killed trying to climb up to the higher ledges.

From what's been released I think the game doubled its value from me waiting till it dropped to $20 to $40 with the addition of a non-tacked on multiplayer component.

Since the multiplayer is completely separate from single player, I hope that the story and gameplay in the singleplayer was/is not compromised at all.

[quote name='smiggity']Looks pretty good. Similar to GTA4 it seems. Im not a fan of picking up and hoarding weapons but ill get over it.

Boost patches or whatever intrigue me. They need one for super fast climbing cuz you know you will get killed trying to climb up to the higher ledges.[/quote]

The Spiderman Boost!

[quote name='smiggity']Looks pretty good. Similar to GTA4 it seems. Im not a fan of picking up and hoarding weapons but ill get over it.

Boost patches or whatever intrigue me. They need one for super fast climbing cuz you know you will get killed trying to climb up to the higher ledges.[/quote]

Ooh yeah, that's a really good point. I wonder how they'll balance that to encourage people to use the vertical planes? Climbing seems cool until you get shot in the ass. :p

This looks and sounds great. Can't wait to get my multiplayer beta code on the 26th! This reminds me of when I bought Tobal No. 1 for the FF7 demo. I loved Tobal (the only fighter I was ever any good at) and I'm sure I'll love inFamous.

So from that video we can glean that Elena and Sully both make an appearance, there's a deep co-op mode for 3 players, a great multiplayer mode that could give gears a run for its money, there's an upgrade system where you earn cash to buy boosts/perks and weapon upgrades for multiplayer and co-op. Finally, on top of all that, we should be getting a single player campaign that's every bit as good, if not better, than the original.

In previous interviews they mention more difficulty settings, even settings that make the combat even easier for more casual players (the combat could be very brutal to those not used to shooters) which means you could potentially play co-op with a significant other who isn't as good as games but like Uncharted for the story.

It sounds really, really good, but I hope they don't pull a resistance 2 and skimp on the single player campaign due to the multiplayer features.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They won't because they will have two years to work on the game, not the one year that Resistance 2 had.[/quote]

Well they only needed a year because the engine was already done. Just needed tweaking. I don't think the amount of time really has anything to do with it. Both teams hadn't much expericance with multiplayer so I wouldn't be surprised if the single player lacked here too.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Well they only needed a year because the engine was already done. Just needed tweaking. I don't think the amount of time really has anything to do with it. Both teams hadn't much expericance with multiplayer so I wouldn't be surprised if the single player lacked here too.[/quote]
It was obvious that Insomniac didn't have as much time to finish and polish R2 to the extent that they needed. An extra six months to a year would've done helped it out greatly.

Not too surprising, but inFamous looks decent and I got a pretty good pre-order price on it from Amazon, so I don't mind still not having a sub.

Everybody should get inFamous to get in on the beta. Or go about it which ever way you want... just get in. You know you want to play it.

I just got through the article and they mention that they will be giving away beta codes closer to when the beta goes live, so I'm guessing plenty of sites will be giving some codes away. How many they will have is the big question since there are two alternate ways that will probably be the easiest ways to get a code.

bread's done
Back