Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Obviously. Why would they get to play the DLC for free?[/QUOTE]

Well it's a custom game. You can't play it whenever you want + you're not getting any money from it.

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you getting the dlc dont expect to play on it anytime soon ( at least for deathmatch) i had to go through alot of games on the old maps before i finally got in a 4 on 4 match in the new level wheres its raining.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget there is a setting in your profile that will affect how your matched in Matchmaking based on the maps others have. You can force it to look for other players that have the new maps first (and I think exclusively).

I played a game against some guy called naughtydog and his friends and everytime they got near me my game would freeze and i couldn't move. Somehow I managed to get 4 kills but i died about 8 times. Someone on my team naded me twice in the last minute of the game. I think we were all getting frozen and I got so upset i turned off my system right before the game ended. When I checked my connection it was at its' best which is 13 mbps download speed, and 3.3 mbps upload speed. I hope the game glitched or something and there really arent cheaters out there like that. The game also gets really annoying now that there is lowered health and guys with down the irons seem to be able to shoot through walls.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']I played a game against some guy called naughtydog and his friends and everytime they got near me my game would freeze and i couldn't move. Somehow I managed to get 4 kills but i died about 8 times. Someone on my team naded me twice in the last minute of the game. I think we were all getting frozen and I got so upset i turned off my system right before the game ended. When I checked my connection it was at its' best which is 13 mbps download speed, and 3.3 mbps upload speed. I hope the game glitched or something and there really arent cheaters out there like that. The game also gets really annoying now that there is lowered health and guys with down the irons seem to be able to shoot through walls.[/QUOTE]

no there are cheaters like that ive run across this a few times ( if i recall correctly the last time i had that happen to me the teams clan name was GOONS).

it looks like everyone around you is frozen so you run around and see enemies standing still you can shoot them and kill them but after a while you start getting shot and you cant tell where from. that goon team who did it to me unfroze the game once they got up a high enough score so they could win. i think theyre using lag switches of some kind but i was under the impression nd had done something where people cant do that.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Don't forget there is a setting in your profile that will affect how your matched in Matchmaking based on the maps others have. You can force it to look for other players that have the new maps first (and I think exclusively).[/QUOTE]

ive been getting more of the now so i guess i needed to be patient until more people picked up the dlc. i cant wait to see what the next series of maps will be like.

[quote name='halfbent']Played my first MP game today, enjoyed it but I was curious - you can't get ANY trophies from MP unless you buy the two map DLC?[/QUOTE]

i think theres a few trophies a small few that werent part of the new set of dlc that just came out. 2 of them i believe.

lokizz said:
no there are cheaters like that ive run across this a few times ( if i recall correctly the last time i had that happen to me the teams clan name was GOONS).

I run into glitchers in Fort that hide in the ocean area at the villain's side or the wall on the heroes side. Its best to avoid that map, but if you are forced into that match--you can throw grenades into/near these areas to kill the glitchers.

halfbent said:
Played my first MP game today, enjoyed it but I was curious - you can't get ANY trophies from MP unless you buy the two map DLC?
True.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving the new maps. I haven't played them that many times but both of them are a marvel to look at. I got my throwback Drake's Fortune Drake on. :cool:

[quote name='Supplice']I run into glitchers in Fort that hide in the ocean area at the villain's side or the wall on the heroes side. Its best to avoid that map, but if you are forced into that match--you can throw grenades into/near these areas to kill the glitchers.

True.[/QUOTE]

yeah ive caught people doing the fort wall glitch. this one team kept trying to do it the whole damn game so everyone would keep going back to that spot off and on kill whoever was trying to glitch and move on. damn shame for the other team if they had just played they could have won.

havent seen anyone do the lost city glitch anymore so maybe they finally fixed it. youd think ND would do a better job fixing those things so people cant do them unless they leave them that way so people can do it.

The new maps are cool but the flooded city would be better if the health went back to normal. I can't play this game for an hour now without running into cheaters and glitchers which seem to be playing late at night. They must all want to beef up there wins and kd before naughty dog fixes the glitches. Seriously why would you glitch in a wall with an automatic sniper rifle in a competetive mode? I don't see how that is fun at all when you can shoot through walls when the other person can't. I would love to see those people get banned or beaten. The game is seriously starting to piss me off with the amount of times I am getting shot through walls, 1 guy even punched me through a wall. And now my psn accounts won't even log in. The influx of recent cheaters have anything to do with this crapola?

If I still had this game, I'd probably be doing the glitches in mp, since I just didn't like playing it normally. If I played defensive, I got popped. If I played offensive, I STILL got popped. Too many people with not enough of a real life playing games 24/7 makes the mp not be very fun for some of us.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']The new maps are cool but the flooded city would be better if the health went back to normal. I can't play this game for an hour now without running into cheaters and glitchers which seem to be playing late at night. They must all want to beef up there wins and kd before naughty dog fixes the glitches. Seriously why would you glitch in a wall with an automatic sniper rifle in a competetive mode? I don't see how that is fun at all when you can shoot through walls when the other person can't. I would love to see those people get banned or beaten. The game is seriously starting to piss me off with the amount of times I am getting shot through walls, 1 guy even punched me through a wall.[/QUOTE]

i hate getting shot through walls when youre trying to get away from someone shooting you and then even when you do their bullets hit you through the wall and you die. as much as i get annoyed by people glitching you cant help but to laugh that someone is so lae they have to go that far to win. and more times than not they dont so then why even do it?

New patch today:

• Removed automatic shoulder selection when players click the L1 shoulder button to aim
  • Delayed the appearance of the scoreboard to allow time for players to view any medals received simultaneously with player death
  • Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character’s legs
  • Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter
  • Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%
  • Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%
  • Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%
  • Collision and geometry changes to “The Fort” to prevent intentional glitching by players
Lots of nerfs for those who still play.

[quote name='Jodou']New patch today:

• Removed automatic shoulder selection when players click the L1 shoulder button to aim
  • Delayed the appearance of the scoreboard to allow time for players to view any medals received simultaneously with player death
  • Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character’s legs
  • Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter
  • Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%
  • Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%
  • Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%
  • Collision and geometry changes to “The Fort” to prevent intentional glitching by players
Lots of nerfs for those who still play.[/QUOTE]

yes finally that damn auto shoulder shit is gone. i cant count all the times i died due to this crap kinda meh about the grenade chance thought it should make rolling away from one easier. wtf is with changing down the irons though.

seems like they didnt change the health options but they tweaked the weapons people abuse now that health is changed so im glad for that.

Grenades radius nerfed? Sweet.

The Fort will actually be playable (it seems that way right now, atm.) Nice.

No more automatic shoulder selection, cool.

Adjusted hitbox attributes for limbs, hooray.

Sweet patch.

[quote name='Supplice']The FAL is useless >.>[/QUOTE]

Actually, if I remember correctly the FAL allowed for zooming in(ala sniper rifle) and I enjoyed using that more than the other automatic rifle(s). You could get head shots with the FAL if you really tried.:D

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Grenades radius nerfed? Sweet.

The Fort will actually be playable (it seems that way right now, atm.) Nice.

No more automatic shoulder selection, cool.

Adjusted hitbox attributes for limbs, hooray.

Sweet patch.[/QUOTE]

Fixing the glitches. No more automatic shoulder selection was the main things for me. Its just a plus they fixed the attributes for the limbs. :)

I hope they've fixed the glitches in the Fort map. The newer one I saw is the glitcher would move with grenade in hand to the arch type structure and, then meelee/climb up there to an out-of-bound area where he could start shooting everyone through walls with his FAL. I have the game cinema file but don't know how to 'share' it.

eau said:
I hope they've fixed the glitches in the Fort map.
The update fixed the Fort map of known glitches. **Apparently, some glitches are still apparent in the map.

Yeah, I used to complain about how many bullets you needed to kill someone in the MP but the way it was before all the updates worked better.

[quote name='eau']I hope they've fixed the glitches in the Fort map. The newer one I saw is the glitcher would move with grenade in hand to the arch type structure and, then meelee/climb up there to an out-of-bound area where he could start shooting everyone through walls with his FAL. I have the game cinema file but don't know how to 'share' it.[/QUOTE]

According to the patch notes they said they fixed the areas by putting up invisble barriers, unfortuntely it seems Fort is still a buggy mess. I tried the glitch myself on Fort and was still able to get on top and head to the OOB area using the grenade trick. :cry:

now if they would only fix how messed up mele is as well as the weird way a person can do a pull down on you from far away.

This game doesn't seem to be as fun anymore but I am glad they nerfed down the irons, grenades, and the fal. Somehow I'm still getting punched once by certain players and getting killed. Now that the bullets do more damage I feel like I'm gonna get shot anytime i want to do a big climb which cuts down on my fun. I usually use monkeyman and rotate my other powerup constantly. I hope the next map pack is better because I found most of the originals are better than the newer maps.

Just started playing again today and I'm really not liking a lot of the changes.

-Ak's are overpowered (this shit is now stronger than the goddam M4)
-Fal has been nerfed to almost uselessness

The changes reward the sprayer rather than the marksman.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, if I remember correctly the FAL allowed for zooming in(ala sniper rifle) and I enjoyed using that more than the other automatic rifle(s). You could get head shots with the FAL if you really tried.:D[/QUOTE]

I think he means the Fal is useless now, after the recent patch. They really dumbed down the Fal.

[quote name='antlp89']Just started playing again today and I'm really not liking a lot of the changes.

-Ak's are overpowered (this shit is now stronger than the goddam M4)
-Fal has been nerfed to almost uselessness

The changes reward the sprayer rather than the marksman.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='antlp89']I think he means the Fal is useless now, after the recent patch. They really dumbed down the Fal.[/QUOTE]

So then I might actually stand a chance now as I was a sprayer and not a marksman. Although I did tend to like camping atop buildings at times trying to snipe people. That, combined with using the melee attacks, was the only way I could get a damned kill in mp.

[quote name='antlp89']The changes reward the sprayer rather than the marksman.[/QUOTE]
That's the way this game has always been TBH.

My friend Guns who liked 1.05 doesn't even like 1.06. He is in the top 5 in winning percentage where he loses like 1 out of every 14 games he plays. He's always in big parties but I guess all his FAL buddies have stopped playing now. I'm just finishing the game up on crushing and will probably be going back to killzone 2 and then to the new GTA unless they stop tinkering with this game every week. I'm not trying how learn how to play this game 4-5 different ways only to have it changed again.

As Jodoh mentioned it has always meant to be like that, the MP was designed to be "arcade-y". With that said I thought the FAL was a little overpowered, it only takes 2 burst shots to kill a player, and from the way it was before there was no getting away from it. Now with the changes they decreased the rate of fire but kept the damage which is now effectively balanced. I know some of you guys like your games to be more realistic in a sense, so ND listened and catered to you by increasing the damage, but in turn they have to make the necessary changes to create a balance.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']As Jodoh mentioned it has always meant to be like that, the MP was designed to be "arcade-y". With that said I thought the FAL was a little overpowered, it only takes 2 burst shots to kill a player, and from the way it was before there was no getting away from it. Now with the changes they decreased the rate of fire but kept the damage which is now effectively balanced. I know some of you guys like your games to be more realistic in a sense, so ND listened and catered to you by increasing the damage, but in turn they have to make the necessary changes to create a balance.[/QUOTE]

the same people who were happy for the energy change are the same people who are mad about the fal being slowed down. the campers. considering how the new mp maps and the fort are camper dream spots those changes were necessary and appreciated. they still need to tweak the spawning its pretty shitty to get dropped into a group of 3 enemies.

I just wanted to pop into this thread to say that I bought Uncharted 2 after buying a PS3 slim about two months ago and this is probably the best game I've ever played. Well done PS3, well done.

But what is next for me? The next game I play is going to suck in comparison! (oh and if you actually want to give suggestions, I'm only interested in PS3 exclusives)

Um, the first Uncharted. Seriously, UC2 is an all around improvement, but UC1 is still an awesome game. I just finished Resistance 1 and it was great, maybe a little less good than reviews made it out to be, but I just started Resistance 2 and there's a lot more intense moments already. I've also played the first levels of Killzone 2 and Ratchet and Clank (first PS3 one) to check them out and they're both fun. PS3 also has the best baseball game, MLB The Show.

[quote name='ZForce915']I just wanted to pop into this thread to say that I bought Uncharted 2 after buying a PS3 slim about two months ago and this is probably the best game I've ever played. Well done PS3, well done.

But what is next for me? The next game I play is going to suck in comparison! (oh and if you actually want to give suggestions, I'm only interested in PS3 exclusives)[/QUOTE]

I think you'd like the first Uncharted. Sure it's not as good but Uncharted was, and still is, an amazing game. It does have its issues: a significant amount of screen tearing and no dedicated grenade button (believe me, this will piss you off if you're used to Uncharted 2's grenade usage). Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I say you go on a demo barrage. Killzone 2, MGS4 (very story heavy... lots of cutscenes like previous MGS games), the Resistance games (part 2 has some awesome co-op), and whatever else interests you.

[quote name='lokizz']do you think itd be a good idea if in mp you were able to trade weapons with people?[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. How would it help?

[quote name='pram12']I don't get it. How would it help?[/QUOTE]

if one of your people has launchman or that other one that gives some weapons more rounds you could have them pick it up and then give it to someone on your team who can use it. its more useful to people with teams that work well with each other.

So, I finally decided to do online gaming, and this game was one of the first I tried, and let me tell you, the co-op in this game is AWESOME. I played about 3 straight hours of team deathmatch and co-op last night. If I knew online gaming was going to be this fun, I would have gotten a router a long time ago. Just had an amazing time.

[quote name='Rafael122']So, I finally decided to do online gaming, and this game was one of the first I tried, and let me tell you, the co-op in this game is AWESOME. I played about 3 straight hours of team deathmatch and co-op last night. If I knew online gaming was going to be this fun, I would have gotten a router a long time ago. Just had an amazing time.[/QUOTE]

its another oe of those things you have to play to know how good it is. seeing videos of it doesnt do it justice. all the tweaks theyve made to it aside its still a very fun experience but you my want to find some experienced players to play with to kind of stretch out the experience and give yourself more of a fighting chance.

[quote name='lokizz']do you think itd be a good idea if in mp you were able to trade weapons with people?[/QUOTE]

Although I think the idea is very innovative, I don't think it'll work out and might further alienate veteran players (from the already dreaded 1.06). If this feature ever comes to be, the focus of the game will drastically change, and might "jump the shark" in a MP sense.

The idea is fresh though, and I wouldn't mind if ND explores new modes down the line, however having this feature implemented in any other modes besides it's own might be a little much.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Although I think the idea is very innovative, I don't think it'll work out and might further alienate veteran players (from the already dreaded 1.06). If this feature ever comes to be, the focus of the game will drastically change, and might "jump the shark" in a MP sense.

The idea is fresh though, and I wouldn't mind if ND explores new modes down the line, however having this feature implemented in any other modes besides it's own might be a little much.[/QUOTE]

yeah i could see alot of people hating it. this latest update i swear has only made things worse. ive seen alot of people glitching in some of the craziest ways on the fort and on sanctuary. im still hopeful that they will add in new weapons with the next dlc pack but i know its wishful thinking.

[quote name='lokizz'] im still hopeful that they will add in new weapons with the next dlc pack but i know its wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

They still have the Wes 44. listed on the stats page--maybe there is hope? lol I'm surprised the MP44, Lugar, and Crossbow are not in there as well.

[quote name='Supplice']They still have the Wes 44. listed on the stats page--maybe there is hope? lol I'm surprised the MP44, Lugar, and Crossbow are not in there as well.[/QUOTE]

The Crossbow is so beast. What surprises me is that the Crossbow isn't there to buy in the Single-Player! I don't get that.

the eye of indra dlc is out this week in a bundle and it will include those 2 skins that were suposed to come out with it last time. $2.49 for the bundle.

[quote name='lokizz']if one of your people has launchman or that other one that gives some weapons more rounds you could have them pick it up and then give it to someone on your team who can use it. its more useful to people with teams that work well with each other.[/QUOTE]

Correct: you can trade weapons in the game. In case it wasn't clear, here's some more detail.

Say you want to trade the Hammer (considered a long barrel weapon, not a hand held weapon): just go over to another long barrel weapon on the map (say a FAL or AK), pick it up and that will drop the Hammer onto the ground, then tell your team mate to pick up the Hammer before the opposing team does.

Someone would have to pick it up within a certain amount of time before it respawns or expires, because some weapons do not respawn on maps (like the GAU).

Cheers.

bread's done
Back