Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

They didn't change things all that much to me. And I'm still enjoying it.

Skelzors have glowing eyes as you get close, hard not to miss. It's no worse then in normal MP, where everyone has a different skin, and both teams have characters that have all black clothes on and similar body types.

10 thousand on multiplayer a night is pretty good actually. Halo is more an exception rather than the rule. You have to realize that most people in this world buy games for the single player, and a larger percentage of PS3 owners buy games for the SP.

I don't think there was a problem with the grenade radius, instead it's likely an issue with the grenade detonation timing and lag making it seem like grenades were in a different position. Grenade timers start counting down as soon as it's thrown, if it's thrown a long way it will detonate faster. With lag often times if you try to dodge out of the way the grenade might have landed near you sooner than you saw on screen, and also with lag you might not have dodged as quickly, so this gives the impression that you got far away, but instead were still in the blast radius.

[quote name='lokizz']
as far as the matchmaking being messed up not all high level people are that good. i layed a match the other night with a level 40 something guy who only got maybe 3 or 4 kills some people with high levels just spend alot of time playing the game but it can be frustrating being in a game where damn near all your team sucks. that said if people do the party thing i believe every gae you play you will always be on the same team so if everyone on one team is level 50 theres nothing that can be done.[/QUOTE]
I doubt they matchmake just based off rank. I've seen many high level users who suck and low levels who are good. They probably use other variables.

As far as the penalty goes, I'm still happy they've included it even if it does happen to disconnects. I've yet to be disconnected from a game anyways. A necessary evil. Some people's expectations are way too high, this is the first time Naughty Dog has done a competitive mp shooter.

Some info for those who have disconnect problems:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=uncharteddf&thread.id=94778

[quote name='J7.']I doubt they matchmake just based off rank. I've seen many high level users who suck and low levels who are good. They probably use other variables.

As far as the penalty goes, I'm still happy they've included it even if it does happen to disconnects. I've yet to be disconnected from a game anyways. A necessary evil. Some people's expectations are way too high, this is the first time Naughty Dog has done a competitive mp shooter.

Some info for those who have disconnect problems:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=uncharteddf&thread.id=94778[/QUOTE]

i would have been more pissed about the penalty if it hadnt happend during this during the double dollar event still i hope they can figure ou the diff between a dc and someone quiting.

Finished the single player tonight. Enjoyed the entire experience. The effort put in to the game really shows. I'll be playing it through again for sure.

[quote name='TC']Finished the single player tonight. Enjoyed the entire experience. The effort put in to the game really shows. I'll be playing it through again for sure.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Will go back and read some of the spoiler tagged comments too, see what people were discussing.

I wish
Chloe died, can't stand her or her eyes.
Everyone else is awesome, especially Sully. It would be cool if there was a futuristic Uncharted and Sully became a half droid / half human and was a playable character :lol:. You know to make him able enough to be like Drake :lol:.

The Reboots with their crossbows
were one of the lowpoints of the game. That is the only thing
they need to fix sp besides the puzzles, i.e. is the lameish non-human enemies.
Didn't like them in the first game that much either, but they were better there.

Anyone have ideas for Uncharted 3? Maybe they could have something take place at sea on a giant cruise ship that eventually fills with water as you play and then sinks or something that takes place in the air with planes. Or some chase scenes on a busy highway. Have Drake get arrested and have to break out of a jail. Give Drake a jetpack.

Anyone that wants to play some multiplayer on this feel friend to add me as a friend. I just started getting into the multiplayer this weekend and it really impresses me as being something a bit different from all the FPS. Kinda makes me not care about getting COD even.

I didn't encounter any glitches until the very end.
I had jumped up to hang on a rock at the same time the last boss walked below me, and Drake just kept flailing his arms in the air like he was falling but the boss held him in place. Couldn't move until he killed Drake.

[quote name='Trakan']I like the
heist
chapter when you
swing across the rope and climb to the top of the building and Flynn says "There's a guy above you, a guy above you!" I grabbed the enemy and threw him down and Flynn goes "There's a guy below you, a guy below you!"
He had me goin' for a second there.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dallow']Same here.
After he said that I started frantically looking around and as I watched the guy falling I thought "Heeeeeyyyy.... oh, ha"
[/QUOTE]
That's funny I never thought of that because when he said there's a guy below you I noticed a guy walking below where I was hanging, but he was inside the building. I swear there was, maybe it was a reflection or something. Will look when I play it again.

fuck. Those
blue brute guys
are a pain in the ass on Hard. I can't imagine how they're going to be on Crushing.

[quote name='Blackout']fuck. Those
blue brute guys
are a pain in the ass on Hard. I can't imagine how they're going to be on Crushing.[/QUOTE]

just use their crossbows against them only takes a few hits to kill them and in some cases 1.

Finished the game yesterday. It was pretty enjoyable except the Shambala enemies were stupid. Now I can go back to letting my PS3 gather dust!;)

[quote name='pinebarrens']Finished the game yesterday. It was pretty enjoyable except the Shambala enemies were stupid. Now I can go back to letting my PS3 gather dust!;)[/QUOTE]
So you mean you will constantly be playing it? Because it gathers more dust when you play it, then if you let it sit. Unless you constantly dust it as you play. That is pretty weird.

blue brute guys
are a pain in the ass on Hard. I can't imagine how they're going to be on Crushing.[/QUOTE] They are a bitch on crushing,
especially the first 3. But once you get the crossbow from killing the first 1, it only took me 2 shots with the crossbow to take them out.

[quote name='defmonkey05']They are a bitch on crushing,
especially the first 3. But once you get the crossbow from killing the first 1, it only took me 2 shots with the crossbow to take them out.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I only had problems with the first 3. After that they're easy (at least on Hard).

[quote name='WebScud']

Like the Naughty Dog site, not 100% up to date. It's currently 10 levels behind for me. That said, it's pretty damn cool. I wish my sklls were something to brag about though. ;)
[/QUOTE]

how do you find out how many mp kills youve accumulated?

blue brute guys
are a pain in the ass on Hard. I can't imagine how they're going to be on Crushing.[/QUOTE]

They still die after two grenades on Crushing. And past the first two there's plenty of other options (portable gatling, crossbow, shotgun, etc.) to get them with.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Finished the game yesterday. It was pretty enjoyable except the Shambala enemies were stupid. Now I can go back to letting my PS3 gather dust!;)[/QUOTE]

Did you platinum it? Have you checked out MP at all? There's a lot to the game, it'd b ashame not to try it all.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Got Platinum. Feel like I don't deserve it though,
killed lazarevic in one try using the hanging method... I feel dirty now
.[/QUOTE]

I had to do that on Hard, and I will surely do it for Crushing. Oh, well, I am a cheater.

Still having trouble with Steel Fist Master, or whatever. The 10 in a row one. I feel like I've done it, but it's just not registering!

Was going to put this up in the 'Free stuff section', but I'd rather give them out to the ones posting in this thread. I have 3 extra 'gold skins' codes from BB pre-orders. First 3 pm get them.

Edit *Gone* Codes will be pm to lokizz, jdawgg76, DarknessBear when I get a minute later today. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Got Platinum. Feel like I don't deserve it though,
killed lazarevic in one try using the hanging method... I feel dirty now
.[/QUOTE] Wow! I didn't know of that method, this is what I did.
if you go to punch him, it will goto that QTE where he chokes you bring you up in the air and you punch him. After awhile of exploding those huge blue things, he'll be stunned and will stop throwing you. and i just kept doing that QTE and waiting for the blue thingy to respawn to shoot it again. Very simple, he didn't throw any grenades or shoot me with his shotgun!

[quote name='dragonjud']Was going to put this up in the 'Free stuff section', but I'd rather give them out to the ones posting in this thread. I have 3 extra 'gold skins' codes from BB pre-orders. First 3 pm get them.

Edit *Gone* Codes will be pm to lokizz, jdawgg76, DarknessBear when I get a minute later today. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the code man i owe you one.

[quote name='dragonjud']Was going to put this up in the 'Free stuff section', but I'd rather give them out to the ones posting in this thread. I have 3 extra 'gold skins' codes from BB pre-orders. First 3 pm get them.

Edit *Gone* Codes will be pm to lokizz, jdawgg76, DarknessBear when I get a minute later today. Thanks.[/QUOTE]Thanks, man. Never got to flash bling online before!

ah...just need to finish the SP...been on ch 23 for about 10 days now...all spent playing Demons Souls...I really need to finish this as it is a great game.

I'm on my Platinum(crushing) run right now. Trying to get it done before COD:MW 2 next week. Thanks for the tips on the last boss guys!!

[quote name='jmbreci']ah...just need to finish the SP...been on ch 23 for about 10 days now...all spent playing Demons Souls...I really need to finish this as it is a great game.[/QUOTE]

How can you not finish this game in 1 run lol? I was playing Demon's souls before I got this but I stopped playing Demon's souls 2 days just to get this game finish.

[quote name='js1']I'm on my Platinum(crushing) run right now. Trying to get it done before COD:MW 2 next week. Thanks for the tips on the last boss guys!![/QUOTE]Ditto that. Crushing hasn't been as hard as I thought. It's weird though as it seems like it takes less damage to put them down than on hard. Maybe my aim is just better. Definitely takes very little damage to get killed though. That final boss battle may get tricky though.

Edit *Gone* Codes will be pm to lokizz, jdawgg76, DarknessBear when I get a minute later today. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man! Marco Polo will look badass with a gold AK. :)

Finished the game on normal yesterday had to take back since it was a rental. Definitely will purchase this one in the future and go for the next difficulty. Easily one of the best single player games of all time.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Finished the game on normal yesterday had to take back since it was a rental. Definitely will purchase this one in the future and go for the next difficulty. Easily one of the best single player games of all time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, it's a must own, gotta buy it. Did you even get to try the multiplayer?

[quote name='luan87us']How can you not finish this game in 1 run lol? I was playing Demon's souls before I got this but I stopped playing Demon's souls 2 days just to get this game finish.[/QUOTE]

got the lingering cold....pretty rough for a few days and could only go for an hour or so at a time (and a 3 year old). That and Uncharted was making me think more than DS was (especially when I had Soul Arrow). Not that DS is a game you can mindlessly walk through either.

[quote name='jmbreci']got the lingering cold....pretty rough for a few days and could only go for an hour or so at a time (and a 3 year old). That and Uncharted was making me think more than DS was (especially when I had Soul Arrow). Not that DS is a game you can mindlessly walk through either.[/QUOTE]

Lol Soul arrow was great for me until I got Flame Throw, Fire storm, and a White Bow.

What would you like to see in Uncharted 3? I think it will be difficult to top this game and I fear that they may not do it. I heard they're already improving the engine though, which is impressive!

[quote name='J7.']What would you like to see in Uncharted 3? I think it will be difficult to top this game and I fear that they may not do it. I heard they're already improving the engine though, which is impressive![/QUOTE]

One story I would like to see is Ponce de Leon and the search for the Fountain of Youth.

[quote name='J7.']What would you like to see in Uncharted 3? I think it will be difficult to top this game and I fear that they may not do it. I heard they're already improving the engine though, which is impressive![/QUOTE]

crystal skulls and aliens and an annoying child character.........wait thats been done before scratch that. id like to see him search some things closer to home. theres alot of undiscovered myseteries here in america ( mississipi mud mounds, lost colony of roanoake, the anasazi, giants).

or maybe go explore some things in africa. Or maybe search for some kind of biblical treasure. noahs ark, the garden of eden
( maybe that was found in uncharted 2 i dunno )
or explore the egyptian pyramids or find that lost world with dinosaurs.

speaking of africa king solomons mines!!!! and if they could toss in some of those killer gorillas id be all over that just not sign language kind gorillas please.

or in europe he could try to find exclabiur.

[quote name='thelonepig']One story I would like to see is Ponce de Leon and the search for the Fountain of Youth.[/QUOTE]

Since Naughty Dog seems to embrace the supernatural side of things, I'd like to see them go somewhere with the Key of Solomon, mainly his magical ring (The Seal of Solomon) that he used to control the demons he conjured to build his temples. That'd also pull the Goetia into the story and make it even darker.

Its got a built in plotline as it takes place in the Middle East/Jerusalem, and the historical reference points are so abundant, Egypt, Jerusalem etc. If they reference Crowley's experiences, that pulls England into the picture as well. Many many possibilities with the storyline.

Sand will be the new snow. But, if Uncharted 3 is just like Uncharted 2 - then I'm all good. Maybe add some parts where you can see them travel to the different locations and since they are flying so often, maybe some missions in the sky or at the airports.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Sand will be the new snow. But, if Uncharted 3 is just like Uncharted 2 - then I'm all good. Maybe add some parts where you can see them travel to the different locations and since they are flying so often, maybe some missions in the sky or at the airports.[/QUOTE]

have to sky dive from one plane to another that would be sweet. i wish they have moving boards in mp.
the train level and the jeep/truck level would be fun mp boards.
i know its be controversial but the next game could start with the plane hes on being hijacked or him realizing its full of enemies out to kill him. by now id assume alot of people would know who he is and how great he is at finding things tha are hard to find , unless he keeps it kinda hush hush , so what if someone was planning on hiring him to find something very secretive and possibly dangerous but to keep him from ever geting contacted they set him up to die in a plane crash.

hence the plane gettiing hijacked and him having to fight his way off of it. sully shows up with his plane and tells him how he was told by someone this was going to hapen so he hurried to find him and now drake and that blonde chick need to jump from the plane and skydive to sullys. add to that the fact that they were going on their honeymon or just a romantic vacation when this happens.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Well if they do anything that relates to Christianity in the 3rd, I demand Jesus Christ as a playable character in multi XD[/QUOTE]

You need elebits and a DS for now then...!

[quote name='lokizz']have to sky dive from one plane to another that would be sweet. i wish they have moving boards in mp.
the train level and the jeep/truck level would be fun mp boards.
i know its be controversial but the next game could start with the plane hes on being hijacked or him realizing its full of enemies out to kill him. by now id assume alot of people would know who he is and how great he is at finding things tha are hard to find , unless he keeps it kinda hush hush , so what if someone was planning on hiring him to find something very secretive and possibly dangerous but to keep him from ever geting contacted they set him up to die in a plane crash.

hence the plane gettiing hijacked and him having to fight his way off of it. sully shows up with his plane and tells him how he was told by someone this was going to hapen so he hurried to find him and now drake and that blonde chick need to jump from the plane and skydive to sullys. add to that the fact that they were going on their honeymon or just a romantic vacation when this happens.[/QUOTE]

Ooo, good idea for the start of the next game.

Then Elena could be killed and Drake goes looking for revenge. But, he first shaves his hair off.

[quote name='lokizz']crystal skulls and aliens and an annoying child character.........wait thats been done before scratch that. id like to see him search some things closer to home. theres alot of undiscovered myseteries here in america ( mississipi mud mounds, lost colony of roanoake, the anasazi, giants).

or maybe go explore some things in africa. Or maybe search for some kind of biblical treasure. noahs ark, the garden of eden
( maybe that was found in uncharted 2 i dunno )
or explore the egyptian pyramids or find that lost world with dinosaurs.

speaking of africa king solomons mines!!!! and if they could toss in some of those killer gorillas id be all over that just not sign language kind gorillas please.

or in europe he could try to find exclabiur.[/QUOTE]
Ooooo Egypt would be awesome! Something in America would be cool too. Or if somehow they could go back in time to one of the pyramid building periods in Egypt, like Drake's ancestor, and you play as the ancestor in the past and Drake in the present. Maybe not the whole game 50/50 but like 30 past/70 present. What you do as the ancestor directly impacts the present game. As the ancestor you would be framed and have to fight off all the people building the pyramids.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ooo, good idea for the start of the next game.

Then Elena could be killed and Drake goes looking for revenge. But, he first shaves his hair off.[/QUOTE]
:lol: They must not kill Elena! Why would he shave his hair? I laugh because you're funny not because I don't like your idea, I do.

You guys started to get into it a little but here's another question. Other than story, what kind of ideas do you have in terms of gameplay for U3? I posted this a few days back but here it is again:

It would be cool if there was a futuristic Uncharted and Sully became a half droid / half human and was a playable character :lol:. You know to make him able enough to be like Drake :lol:.

Anyone have ideas for Uncharted 3? Maybe they could have something take place at sea on a giant cruise ship that eventually fills with water as you play and then sinks or something that takes place in the air with planes. Or some chase scenes on a busy highway. Have Drake get arrested and have to break out of a jail. Give Drake a jetpack.

In terms of weapon play, maybe they could add the ability to hold 3 guns at a time &/or have 2 different types of grenades. Maybe a weapon that shoots out multiple grenades in an area. Some new melee combat system, maybe 2/3 different types of evade buttons to have to deal with based on the type of attack. It would be cool if you could upgrade/customize the weapons too. And yes I still want droid Sully.

bread's done
Back