Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy

nevermind

Also I can also sell/trade mine as I was planning on returning it anyway since I actually prefer the regular ps3 cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Not sure about others but the deal seems to be dead maybe since online, the price changed back to 64.99.[/QUOTE]
i still see $30 on the website. where are you seeing the price change?

[quote name='PublikDefender']i still see $30 on the website. where are you seeing the price change?[/QUOTE]

Scratch that. Back when I thought of getting 2 of them I left one in my cart and I just got a email saying I left it in my cart saying that it is 64.99 but when I look it up on BB it's still 29.99. Nevermind.

Beat the game and likely will never play it, but i am a sucker for a deal, Sure I can can get $20 from my regular edition which I paid $30 for on Black Friday anyway. :p

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Is there any good samaritan who would buy a uc3 collectors edition for me? I would pay gas + a fee for the favor + shipping, its just that my closest best buy is 30 miles away + i dont have car.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
yeah, i have a spare as well. cost/tax plus shipping would suffice.

[quote name='simdog']Beat the game and likely will never play it, but i am a sucker for a deal, Sure I can can get $20 from my regular edition which I paid $30 for on Black Friday anyway. :p[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly lol.

picked up one yesterday for myself and have another one on hold for in-store pickup at another best buy (10 miles round trip for me) in the phoenix area if a CAG is still looking for it...

I'm also willing to pay a CAG for gas/item/shipping for a copy since my area doesn't seem to have them anymore(despite me calling and being told there were...). Just PM me, I have paypal, and all that good stuff, I can even send the shipping label!

[quote name='bfett9']For those who cant find it in store call or visit your store. They can order you one from their warehouse which seems to have plenty. I got lucky and grabbed the last copy from my store. The guy told me they ship it to you for free.[/QUOTE]

Posting this again for those who missed it.

what do you mean, it is sold out, so how do i order from their warehouse? do you mean calling bestbuy customer service #?

I just bought this 3 weeks ago. Anyone know if Best Buy's price match is two weeks or 30 days? I'd love to get my 30 bucks back.

[quote name='YBX87']what do you mean, it is sold out, so how do i order from their warehouse? do you mean calling bestbuy customer service #?[/QUOTE]

Go into the store, have an employee look up the SKU and then order it for you from their computer system. That's what I did until I found one on the shelf at a different store. You pay up front and they tell you when it'll be delivered either to your house or in-store for you to pickup.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Go into the store, have an employee look up the SKU and then order it for you from their computer system. That's what I did until I found one on the shelf at a different store. You pay up front and they tell you when it'll be delivered either to your house or in-store for you to pickup.[/QUOTE]

It is backordered for shipping. It may take 4 weeks to shipp and in some cases as with other games in the past if they do not receive additional quantities your order will be canceled

[quote name='Fatbot3']I just bought this 3 weeks ago. Anyone know if Best Buy's price match is two weeks or 30 days? I'd love to get my 30 bucks back.[/QUOTE]

Should be 30 days.

Wow! Took me a while, but finally got caught up on this thread. :p

I picked up my two. The one I opened had a small crease in the box but all contents where there and looked great! The other one I am leaving sealed and storing away... hopefully there is a game disc in it when I decide to sell it some day. :p

[quote name='erdmanski1341']lol. I just picked mine up and the girl looked confused and asked, "isn't this just a game, what's up with the enormous box?"[/QUOTE]

The girl I had at the service desk was confused when I went there too. It scared me because at first she said she didn't see my order. Then when I pointed out the large box, she finally found it.

[quote name='shadowrage']Picked mine up today. The box inside the box is dented but that's okay all the contents are perfect.
I'm setting aside my achievement hunting until I finish all 3. Just started Drake's Fortune and loving it.

Thanks again OP.

Now for The Old Republic box to hit $30.[/QUOTE]

By the sounds of it, SWTOR may be looking at a F2P future (not necessarily near future). But if that happens, you can almost guarantee a cheap CE.

[quote name='TooPoor']eBay prices on the U3 CE are as low as $54 now, which is maybe $3 profit if counting $10 shipping (don't know the cost of shipping though) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Craig's List. :) No overhead there... just people who like to send you spam.

Went to go and pick up mine today but hadn't arrived yet but may go back as she may have not realized it was a big box. Forgot to mention that, glad everyones is ok with the dented boxes

[quote name='ivos']It is backordered for shipping. It may take 4 weeks to shipp and in some cases as with other games in the past if they do not receive additional quantities your order will be canceled[/QUOTE]

That sucks...guess people got wise to that idea, too.

Got my money back for the one I purchased Friday so glad I talked myself into paying the 65 for it (All of them gone and on craigslist for $90) went ahead and got the controller GoW bundle for 50 while I was there :)

Also saw about 8 of these Uncharted 3 CEs at my local Walmart for $50? Don't know if that helps anyone :/

I bought Mortal Kombat on Saturday then I bought this on Monday. Am I able return then rebuy them all and get a third game for free with B2G1? Also, not sure if I have the receipt for my Mortal Kombat purchase.

[quote name='Blade3D']I bought Mortal Kombat on Saturday then I bought this on Monday. Am I able return then rebuy them all and get a third game for free with B2G1? Also, not sure if I have the receipt for my Mortal Kombat purchase.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to do that as long as everything is sealed yet.

Also, if you gave them your phone number during the purchase of MK for reward zone purposes, they should be able to look it up.

The games area attendant told me that some schmuck came in Sunday and bought all three of their remaining U3 Collector's Editions, but one magically appeared on a shelf for me today. I got it with Dead Island GOTY and Resistance Dual Pack for $20 each.

If you're still looking for U3, you may want to check your local store just in case they have a spare copy sitting in the storeroom somewhere.

[quote name='Duetschbag']You should be able to do that as long as everything is sealed yet.

Also, if you gave them your phone number during the purchase of MK for reward zone purposes, they should be able to look it up.[/QUOTE]

I dont have Mortal Kombat sealed anymore.

None of them in the 3 stores near me. :/ I would've definitely considered getting this and selling the other copy, I bought my new "vanilla" copy from Newegg for $55 w/ free shipping when it came out.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']The games area attendant told me that some schmuck came in Sunday and bought all three of their remaining U3 Collector's Editions, but one magically appeared on a shelf for me today. I got it with Dead Island GOTY and Resistance Dual Pack for $20 each.

If you're still looking for U3, you may want to check your local store just in case they have a spare copy sitting in the storeroom somewhere.[/QUOTE]dead island GOTY is $20?

[quote name='Blade3D']I dont have Mortal Kombat sealed anymore.[/QUOTE]so buy your new set & then return the 2nd copy with the 1st receipt.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85'] So I ended up getting Portal 2 for Xbox 360, Halo Reach (I lost my launch copy over a year ago) and that copy of Uncharted 3 for $76.xx. I was gonna spend the $30 on Uncharted 3 anyway, so $20 plus tax for Halo and Portal 2 each was the price I was hoping I could get them for a while. Now it looks like I'll have to cancel that pick up order...after I make sure that my copy came with a game disc. :lol: Thanks, OP. :applause:[/QUOTE]Wow i remember getting this at launch with a $10 instant GC & $10 RZ points then the next week GS dropped the price to $35 not only that MK released the same day with the same deal & TRU had it for $30 using a $10 off coupon in their mag. So I got MK & Portal 2 for $65 + tax via pm'ing & $40 credit man CAG can really lead to huge deals.

[quote name='Enuf']so buy your new set & then return the 2nd copy with the 1st receipt.[/QUOTE]

Oh I gotcha, I'll do that.

So, I passed right by BB today by the highway to buy this. But, after reading people saying the figurine, buckle and ring are a POS I had to rethink it.

Now that many Cags' have them, how is the quality of the CE items?

I already had bought the game at launch, and see the trade-in @ GS is only $11. So after tax I would probably be left w/ $22 for the items sans game and don't know if they are worth that much. I mostly care for the figurine and if it looks as weird a face in reality and I don't understand the thing about the name or something on it that people were complaining? I wanna put it in my home office to remind me of my huge PS3 backlog :)

[quote name='Carlanga']So, I passed right by BB today by the highway to buy this. But, after reading people saying the figurine, buckle and ring are a POS I had to rethink it.

I already had bought the game at launch, and see the trade-in @ GS is only $11. So after tax I would probably be left w/ $22 for the items sans game and don't know if they are worth that much. I mostly care for the figurine and if it looks as weird a face in reality and I don't understand the thing about the name or something on it that people were complaining? I wanna put it in my home office to remind me of my huge PS3 backlog :)[/QUOTE]
If you already have the game I would say don't worry about it. The figurine is okay, it's not on par with the Xbox $150 collectible editions or the Skyrim dragon. But if you have a choice between the CE and the standard issue then you might as well get the statue. It's not ugly, but its not as good as it should be for a $100 set(it doesn't really look like Drake).

[quote name='Carlanga']So, I passed right by BB today by the highway to buy this. But, after reading people saying the figurine, buckle and ring are a POS I had to rethink it.

I already had bought the game at launch, and see the trade-in @ GS is only $11. So after tax I would probably be left w/ $22 for the items sans game and don't know if they are worth that much. I mostly care for the figurine and if it looks as weird a face in reality and I don't understand the thing about the name or something on it that people were complaining? I wanna put it in my home office to remind me of my huge PS3 backlog :)[/QUOTE]

The Nathan Drake figurine goes for around $10-$15 on ebay. Shadowrage is correct. It doesn't look as good.
The batman statue that came with the CE for Batman Arkham City is much better.

Thanks OP. Picked it up over lunch via in store pick up. When the cashier open the door to get it, I saw 4-5 copies that were also held for in store pickup. (Plymouth, Pa) Checked the shelves in the vgame section and all were gone. Thank goodness I ordered yesterday.

[quote name='g13']Thanks OP. Picked it up over lunch via in store pick up. When the cashier open the door to get it, I saw 4-5 copies that were also held for in store pickup. (Plymouth, Pa) Checked the shelves in the vgame section and all were gone. Thank goodness I ordered yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Plymouth, PA as in Luzerne County?

I think they had one up here on the shelf, but I didn't see it the last time I was in. Not that I've actually played the third game the prior 2x I've had it, so I'd more than likely be buying it just for the extras and trade/sell the game again.

[quote name='shadowrage']If you already have the game I would say don't worry about it. The figurine is okay, it's not on par with the Xbox $150 collectible editions or the Skyrim dragon. But if you have a choice between the CE and the standard issue then you might as well get the statue. It's not ugly, but its not as good as it should be for a $100 set(it doesn't really look like Drake).[/QUOTE]
Thanks!! Yeah, my issue w/ this deal is that I already own the game if not I would have jumped on it w/out thinking. It's a shame the statue doesn't look good for the MRSP of the CE.

[quote name='cagfansub']The Nathan Drake figurine goes for around $10-$15 on ebay. Shadowrage is correct. It doesn't look as good.
The batman statue that came with the CE for Batman Arkham City is much better.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!! I guess, I will watch it drop in price or get a better one from eBay or somewhere.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Plymouth, PA as in Luzerne County?

I think they had one up here on the shelf, but I didn't see it the last time I was in. Not that I've actually played the third game the prior 2x I've had it, so I'd more than likely be buying it just for the extras and trade/sell the game again.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same area(Nanticoke, PA) and when I called they said they didn't have anything, but I know they aren't always the best at actually checking there.

Unfortunately you guys have two game stores down that way(Video Game Store on South Main, The Game Station on Lee Park) and I've seen at least the guy from the South Main store at various sales/clearances buying stuff up. He even runs a flea market stand at the drive-in up in Dickson City just about every weekend.

So that may explain some of the stuff that disappears in mass quantities.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Plymouth, PA as in Luzerne County?

I think they had one up here on the shelf, but I didn't see it the last time I was in. Not that I've actually played the third game the prior 2x I've had it, so I'd more than likely be buying it just for the extras and trade/sell the game again.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Plymouth Meeting, PA

Best Buy is getting the game retailer of the year in my book. I have already bought a LOT of games from their DOTD's and deeply discounted sales like this. Keep them coming :D

Btw, got 1 for in store pickup.

[quote name='tribalnoise']dead island GOTY is $20?[/QUOTE]

Dead Island GOTY retails for $30, but when you buy two other $30 games at Best Buy this week using Buy2Get1Free, you're essentially paying $20 each.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately you guys have two game stores down that way(Video Game Store on South Main, The Game Station on Lee Park) and I've seen at least the guy from the South Main store at various sales/clearances buying stuff up. He even runs a flea market stand at the drive-in up in Dickson City just about every weekend.

So that may explain some of the stuff that disappears in mass quantities.[/QUOTE]

You know, I've wondered where it went. I haven't been to either place yet for that stuff, but I've heard they charge ebay prices a lot, so I tend to stay away. I dunno, I'd love to get a good place to consistantly find stuff, but most of the thrift/GW stores I've looked into don't have a whole lot of anything, and when I email people on CL I either don't get an answer or they say it already sold. This is a way more frustrating area for this stuff then where I used to live.

I'd say this is a great deal.

I bought mine at launch unfortunately. Stupid me. But then again, I love this series... that is the price you pay for early adoption.

[quote name='g13']Edit: Plymouth Meeting, PA[/QUOTE]

Nice. Picked mine up in King of Prussia yesterday after work. The lady at the counter kept looking at me like I was up to something, lol. :roll:

[quote name='thebert']Nice. Picked mine up in King of Prussia yesterday after work. The lady at the counter kept looking at me like I was up to something, lol. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Because you made out like a bandit?

I picked up my Ratchet All 4 One today. I got a similar look when she saw what I paid.

Just sold the ring and belt buckle on eBay for $30. If you're planning on selling these do it now before it gets flooded with them. I've had my CE for a few months and knew I needed to get them up for sale quick with all of these that have been sold.

bread's done
Back