Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

[quote name='8bitArtist']funniest thing was someone from my own team was up there doing the same thing. im not sure if they just didnt see each other or you cant kill each other there (which i doubt)[/QUOTE]

I've never tried to do it but as I understand it getting into that glitch isn't that easy/takes allot of practice... so they likely reached some sort of agreement early on... Don't kill me and I won't kill you.

Freaking sad if you ask me.

must be glitcher day today. just saw another one in the airstrip. seems easy to do. i really have to wonder how the fuck do these people find these glitches? do they really just run around trying to get into walls during matches?

That Chateau glitch is really simple to get into. Yes, you can kill each other while up there as well. Your vulnerable too, since others can fire upon you from the outside as well as throwing nades onto the roof. Its common for battles to take place for that glitch spot, which is a breath of fresh air from the constant battles in the zip line room in Hardcore/TDM modes.

Someone was doing a similar glitch on Airstrip. I'm sick of people cheating, very pathetic.

Other than that, awesome game.

[quote name='8bitArtist']must be glitcher day today. just saw another one in the airstrip. seems easy to do. i really have to wonder how the fuck do these people find these glitches? do they really just run around trying to get into walls during matches?[/QUOTE]

yep pretty much. if you see someone crouched in a weird spot moving around oddly theyre trying to glitch. if its not glitchers its lag switchers and with how big the levels are now its only going to get worse.

[quote name='lokizz']yep pretty much. if you see someone crouched in a weird spot moving around oddly theyre trying to glitch. if its not glitchers its lag switchers and with how big the levels are now its only going to get worse.[/QUOTE]

CAG NIGHTS!!! :lol:

There, all beta reward requirements achieved. I thought there was a certain treasure set I had to complete for one, but thankfully no you just had to complete 4 treasure sets, in which case I completed 6. I warmed up to Yemen a bit, especially considering I started throwing a grenade up into a tower a team was camping in and wiping them all out. "Hail Mary" I believe the medal for that is called. I love how in the Uncharted universe everyone is a major league pitcher, I could be half-way across the map, but as long as I aim high enough and for the middle collum for it to hit and slide down it's good.

But the map is still waaay too damn large and you spend half your time trying to find someone, anyone!

All in all I'm not a MP kinda guy so, just like Uncharted 2, I probably won't play the MP when the game comes out. Not sure why I did these beta requirements as such, especially cause it is just for stupid emblem decals, but I guess I saw these requirements as a form of trophies and hey, it's Uncharted.

[quote name='lokizz']yep pretty much. if you see someone crouched in a weird spot moving around oddly theyre trying to glitch. if its not glitchers its lag switchers and with how big the levels are now its only going to get worse.[/QUOTE]
In my case it's just my shitty internet causing me to lag, though I've been accused of and kicked from games(including ones I created myself) because of being a supposed 'lag switcher'.:roll:

[quote name='Saint Noir']CAG NIGHTS!!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

anytime you all want to do that i say lets do it. just need to figure out the best time to do it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I love how in the Uncharted universe everyone is a major league pitcher, I could be half-way across the map, but as long as I aim high enough and for the middle collum for it to hit and slide down it's good.[/QUOTE]

i was joking with my friend the other day about this. it was the beginning of the airstrip where the plane is trying to take off. im gonna guess and say we are going 100mph, which means that people in the trucks trying to throw nades into the plane will probably have to throw that nade 170mph. pretty amazing stuff. hahahaha

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In my case it's just my shitty internet causing me to lag, though I've been accused of and kicked from games(including ones I created myself) because of being a supposed 'lag switcher'.:roll:[/QUOTE]

were those private matches? cuz you cant get kicked unless you kill a team mate multiple times in a match.

[quote name='8bitArtist']were those private matches? cuz you cant get kicked unless you kill a team mate multiple times in a match.[/QUOTE]
Back when I was still playing competitive modes like deathmatch/team deathmatch/bomb da base we ALWAYS played with friendly fire OFF, so there was no such thing as killing a teammate.

I still play GTA with FF OFF but only free mode nowadays.

So they literally waited until just before the Beta expired to let people know if they've completed the requirements for unlocks, and they can't even get this to work? Could they have tried even less?

The Gears of War 3 Beta came out months before theirs, why not just copy how Epic had it with in game stats and a bar that let you know your individual progress. This Beta just seems sloppy in comparison.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']So they literally waited until just before the Beta expired to let people know if they've completed the requirements for unlocks, and they can't even get this to work? Could they have tried even less?

The Gears of War 3 Beta came out months before theirs, why not just copy how Epic had it with in game stats and a bar that let you know your individual progress. This Beta just seems sloppy in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, thats EXACTLY what i was thinking. Im gonna be so pissed if i ended up missing out on something by 1 game or something. So if it isnt working in a few hours, im probally gonna have to go back and play an extra game or 2 of each mode

picture.php

I really haven't played that much co-op, don't even think I've done the 5 games for the unlcoks yet.

[quote name='Amblix']I really haven't played that much co-op, don't even think I've done the 5 games for the unlcoks yet.[/QUOTE]My hours spent on Co-Op was questionable high also... but looking at my match history I did meet all the requirements for the unlocks. (Competitive too.)

So I'm happy and ready to put the beta to bed... I likely won't touch it in the morning.

Some people are critiquing this mp beta like it's the final version already. There's a huge difference between an actual beta and a "beta-demo" game gone gold MP.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Some people are critiquing this mp beta like it's the final version already. There's a huge difference between an actual beta and a "beta-demo" game gone gold MP.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect any amazing improvement... Really, for your own well being consider this the final build.

Its not, but don't get your hopes up. UC2 had known map glitches in both betas (inFAMOUS and public beta that came later) that landed in the final retail product and they lasted for a month or more.

Also I don't remember their being any real difference in graphics between the two betas and the final product...

Finally, the game MP is 'shipping' in two and a half months... They don't have allot of time.

[quote name='Romis']the stat page has to be broke[/QUOTE]Very much so...

theyve got their work cut out for them to get the mp ready for release. the plane section needs a fucking overhaul , the weapons need tweaking ( especially the shotgun since its the only weapon you cant fire while in the air) meles need an overhaul especially with how they lag and you get killed by someone you just killed.

hit detection needs alot of work i cant tell you how many times ive seen people walk over exploding grenades and not even drop to a knee.

Got to level 20 before it ended, that was about as high as I got in Uncharted 2. Checked my stats on Naughty Dog's site and saw my kill:death was a decent amount above 1:1 in the last Uncharted, but for this beta I felt like I was getting stomped on :whistle2:|

I got all the rewards, despite I don't plan to play MP much when the game comes out (but maybe that'll change?) Biggest thing I saw that needed tweaked beyond people being able to SHOOT THROUGH WALLS and FALL UNDER THE MAP AND SHOOT EVERYONE, was that there was a lag between your actions and what actually happens. What I mean is, several times I would be shooting someone from cover and would be taking shots so I would duck back behind cover... then all of a sudden, despite being in cover and not being shot anymore, I just fall over dead. This also happened often when I and another player got locked into a gun standoff. We'd both be shooting eachother dead, then one of us would die, and then the other would die like a second later.

Now, I dunno if that is something they can fix, or if it is simply something that's gonna happen due to the lag between each and every user.

Ooo, I actually had more kills than deaths! I finished at lvl 16 with 469 kills and 445 deaths. That's about right since I almost always died right after I killed someone :D

Just checked my stats, and I surprised myself! I figured the scale would be tipped waaaay in the favor of me getting my ass killed. In fact, I only have 113 deaths over my kill count. Nothing to brag about, sure, but I expected double the deaths over my kills! Guess I'm too hard on myself... but boy playing it sure seems like I just die every corner without a kill, maybe the mind just pays attention more when you die than when you kill.

Final stats:
Level 25
Total Cash/XP Earned 900275
Chests Opened 44

Competitive Kills 807
Cooperative Kills 1135
Deaths 920
Cooperative Revives 68

Headshots 50
Melee Kills 216
Stealth Kills 28
Team Kills 47

Wins 21
Losses 48
Time Spent in Competitive 18:06:38
Time Spent in Cooperative 22:40:35

Also, I played the beta for 40 hours and 46 minutes?! HOLY HELL! HOW?! Also, realized the Death count also counts deaths in Co-op from A.I. characters, so that means I was killed in competitive modes even less. Still, an almost even K/D ratio's not very good. XD

[quote name='wrencrest']All that matters is you had fun.[/QUOTE]

Yup, now we wait and see if ND listens to the wrong people (or just change their mind on stuff) and fuck it up...

Honestly, people who use the G-MAL are pissed about the AK47 chewing them up at close range/blind firing and the AK47 users think the G-MAL fires too quickly... Since neither side is happy I would say its about as balanced as one could make it.

Really the only weapon that seemed overpowered was the Micro when the beta first started but it seemed like it go toned down... I never did try the normal pistol after getting the micro unlocked but I saw some change back so maybe it got a bit more powerful... It was severely underpowered.

Here's to hoping they lock the maps down from glitching... and if not hopefully ND bans glitchers AND the game ships with PSN Pass or whatever they are calling it. The Online Pass that Resistance 3 is shipping with.

[quote name='Amblix']Hoped on Uncharted 2 last night, gotta say it's nothing like 3's.[/QUOTE]

I doubt most agree, but I like the mp to Uncharted 2 better than 3.

3 to me seemed like every other mp game. Uncharted 2 at the time was different and special to me. Playing the Uncharted 2 beta was magical to me. I was expecting the same with Uncharted 3, but it just didn't do it for me. I'm not saying its bad. Its just different from what I expected. I'll still end up playing it and enjoying it when the game is released.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I doubt most agree, but I like the mp to Uncharted 2 better than 3.

3 to me seemed like every other mp game. Uncharted 2 at the time was different and special to me. Playing the Uncharted 2 beta was magical to me. I was expecting the same with Uncharted 3, but it just didn't do it for me. I'm not saying its bad. Its just different from what I expected. I'll still end up playing it and enjoying it when the game is released.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say 3's was better.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I doubt most agree, but I like the mp to Uncharted 2 better than 3.

3 to me seemed like every other mp game. Uncharted 2 at the time was different and special to me. Playing the Uncharted 2 beta was magical to me. I was expecting the same with Uncharted 3, but it just didn't do it for me. I'm not saying its bad. Its just different from what I expected. I'll still end up playing it and enjoying it when the game is released.[/QUOTE]

yeah im with you on that. when i played the betas for u2 i was instantly hooked thats why i wanted to buy the game the story was just an extra added bonus.

after playing u2 beta i like some of the changes ( the sprint is cool and useful but you need a meter of some kind so you know how much you have and when its recharged) but theres plenty i didnt like like the buddy system. that thing is cheap and allows for quick camping and ive gotten killed more than once by someone spawning on me and blocking me in.

now im screwed since i cant go back tp the u2 mp anymore its hard to go back to it but im in no rush to get u3. i hope by the time subway releases the finished mp product they will have made progress tightening things up.

and yes the ak47 is way too damn powerful after its been upgraded. ]

Finally got to see my stats :D. 2.0 KDR was a bit surprising (Considering how much i died in the first few days).

Though, looks like i qualified for all the rewards. Cut it a bit close with Three Team and Plunder though (Exactly 10 in each)

[quote name='Mr. 420']I don't think naughty dog is ready for multiplayer yet. They need a couple more years.[/QUOTE]

If they learn the mistakes of UC2 then they should be just fine... Look at how much experience Zipper has with MP and how bad SOCOM 4 plays. (Hell, one could make a argument that UC2 plays better than SOCOM 4 and UC2 has huge issues now).

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I doubt most agree, but I like the mp to Uncharted 2 better than 3.[/quote]

I'm honestly hoping they have some sort of Flashback DLC* pack like Gears of War 2 had as I too really liked a number of the maps... Not that I disliked the maps I saw in the beta but UC2 had some classic maps. (and the base maps where allot fairer when it came to Plunder than a couple of the UC3 maps already.)

Short list of favorites: Train Wreck and Lost City

* Basically, you got remastered maps from Gears 1 if you bought Gears 2 new.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']3 to me seemed like every other mp game. Uncharted 2 at the time was different and special to me. Playing the Uncharted 2 beta was magical to me. I was expecting the same with Uncharted 3, but it just didn't do it for me. I'm not saying its bad. Its just different from what I expected. I'll still end up playing it and enjoying it when the game is released.[/QUOTE]

It certainly wasn't as magical... UC2 you just weren't sure what to expect while with UC3 you had a solid baseline of what it was going to be even though. (even though they changed it up with the power plays and whatnot.)

[quote name='lokizz']now im screwed since i cant go back tp the u2 mp anymore its hard to go back to it but im in no rush to get u3. i hope by the time subway releases the finished mp product they will have made progress tightening things up. [/quote]

Its only 16 weeks away... I'm not sure how much 'progress' they can make... and personally, I would rather they lock down/fixed the map glitches than worry about anything else.

Anyhow, even though I was dreading it I played about 7 hours of UC2 on Sunday... and for the most part I enjoyed it. (Some 'rooms' were horribly laggy and of course I ran into more than a few glitchers. As I said... I hope ND can lockdown the maps for UC3.)

One thing I would like to point out was that a 3 bar connection in UC3 beta was better than the 3 bar connection in UC2... So, yes, they did improve the net code.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']and yes the ak47 is way too damn powerful after its been upgraded. ][/QUOTE]With or without weapon expert? :lol:

Edit: Honestly, I think an argument could be made for any three of the Assault Rifles when fully upgraded.

[quote name='Amblix']well the M9 only had 1 upgrade, and either way it was useless.[/QUOTE]

It had one upgrade because of the soft level cap... The full game will have more than one.

Is the BETA for this over? I had it D/L'd but never played it. I went to try it last night, and it just LOCKED UP on Connecting. I know I am late to the party here.

[quote name='doubledown']Is the BETA for this over? I had it D/L'd but never played it. I went to try it last night, and it just LOCKED UP on Connecting. I know I am late to the party here.[/QUOTE]

the betas been dead for over a month now. the next one will be in october through subway its supposed to be the complete final mp.

bread's done
Back