Uncharted 3 Find the Ring Facebook Promotion [AMAZON GCs EMAILED OUT]

Anyone getting this error when trying to access the game? I was on the game earlier so I don't know why its not working all of a sudden.

"Initialization failed: please check the API key,
swf location, version and network availability."

I would like to say thanks to the OP as I won a copy of the game the first day (not sure if it was CE or regular since I didn't notice the bottom list until way later), and I believe I got all but 1 of the gift cards. If I remember right the last one said all prizes were claimed. I have also gotten all DLC and found every room and prize. The reason I think I also won a CE edition is that it told me I have already claimed this prize on every game location. i never got all of these prizes were claimed like I did with the gift card. I guess we will see when they finally send out the emails. I shoulda posted to facebook when I won since I had the option.

I will say that one thing I am slightly concerned about is the fact I know I won the game in Syria (the first location by the OP), but when I leave the game and come back the prize list at the bottom has my regular edition listed for England and my CE listed for Columbia. It doesn't list the regular edition in Syria until I click on the location again. All of my prizes stay, but the locations of the games is not the places I originally won them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cottonmouth80']I would like to say thanks to the OP as I won a copy of the game the first day (not sure if it was CE or regular since I didn't notice the bottom list until way later), and I believe I got all but 1 of the gift cards. If I remember right the last one said all prizes were claimed. I have also gotten all DLC and found every room and prize. The reason I think I also won a CE edition is that it told me I have already claimed this prize on every game location. i never got all of these prizes were claimed like I did with the gift card. I guess we will see when they finally send out the emails. I shoulda posted to facebook when I won since I had the option.

I will say that one thing I am slightly concerned about is the fact I know I won the game in Syria (the first location by the OP), but when I leave the game and come back the prize list at the bottom has my regular edition listed for England and my CE listed for Columbia. It doesn't list the regular edition in Syria until I click on the location again. All of my prizes stay, but the locations of the games is not the places I originally won them.[/QUOTE]

Mine is the same way. I am the one who posted the syria CE and it shows I found it on a lower level.

I need to more rooms in syria. I think I may have found the location of the ring based on the clues. I have to wait for 12/20 to be sure.

ok. good to know I'm not the only one it is doing it to. any idea what 2 rooms you are missing in Syria? I found almost all of them quick scanning with Firefox zoomed in. I did find that just waving the mouse near a hidden room causes it to pop up. So what I did was just keep tapping or holding the up arrow while sweeping the mouse quickly. It will make the sound that you found the room. If you passed it you can go back down and it still shows. Found every room. Other rooms are hidden in plain sight so even if you think you clicked on it for the key search do it again. It may be a different room with just a video in it.
Hope that helps

[quote name='cottonmouth80']ok. good to know I'm not the only one it is doing it to. any idea what 2 rooms you are missing in Syria? I found almost all of them quick scanning with Firefox zoomed in. I did find that just waving the mouse near a hidden room causes it to pop up. So what I did was just keep tapping or holding the up arrow while sweeping the mouse quickly. It will make the sound that you found the room. If you passed it you can go back down and it still shows. Found every room. Other rooms are hidden in plain sight so even if you think you clicked on it for the key search do it again. It may be a different room with just a video in it.
Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip on the sound. I just plugged in my earbuds. I have been using the same method. I am missing the 10th and 17th rooms counting from top down on the little chart. One is a prize room (maybe DLC? I have mystery weapons 1 and 6, as well as naughty dog rifle.) I just know I am missing a prize room and I already have 2 amazon GCs.

You already have the DLC for Syria. The prize room you're missing is a game room. There are 3 regular edition game rooms and 1 CE in Syria. The 10th room is a hidden in plain site room with just a video. I want to say it is on the right half of the city just right up from the key locations. You should be able to find it just scrolling through.

***I figured it out. Every time you leave the game your list on the bottom gets wiped out to an extent. It seems like the list will show all unique prizes at the lowest level they appear.

If the prizes for UC3 and the CE show on the lower levels they will not show on the higher levels (even if you rediscover the room). The only things that continue to show on all levels are the $3, and DLC. You probably only see the UC3 game on England, and the CE in France. Hopefully this is what everyone's account is doing.

[quote name='slowdive21']***I figured it out. Every time you leave the game your list on the bottom gets wiped out to an extent. It seems like the list will show all unique prizes at the lowest level they appear.

If the prizes for UC3 and the CE show on the lower levels they will not show on the higher levels (even if you rediscover the room). The only things that continue to show on all levels are the $3, and DLC. You probably only see the UC3 game on England, and the CE in France. Hopefully this is what everyone's account is doing.[/QUOTE]

If you tell me where the england one is, I can test it. Both of my games UC 3 and UC 3 CE appear on Colo. I can confirm that non unique prizes disappear upon leaving, but if my UC 3 moves then it would be a fact basically... right?

[quote name='admiralvic']If you tell me where the england one is, I can test it. Both of my games UC 3 and UC 3 CE appear on Colo. I can confirm that non unique prizes disappear upon leaving, but if my UC 3 moves then it would be a fact basically... right?[/QUOTE]

Have you found all of the rooms in England?

[quote name='admiralvic']Everyone but that one.[/QUOTE]

Look at the left center of the map. There is a non hidden room SE of the blue roofed/dome building. That might be it.

[quote name='slowdive21']Look at the left center of the map. There is a non hidden room SE of the blue roofed/dome building. That might be it.[/QUOTE]

That is an accurate location, but not the SE one.

Okay I found the game in England. This DID move my uncharted 3 SE game to England too. In addition I lost mine in Colombia. I do believe this makes the theory accurate and was MOST likely done to remove "prize scrolling".

[quote name='admiralvic']That is an accurate location, but not the SE one.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I think I found it. It is a hidden room and it has a gold coin in it.

Z

[quote name='slowdive21']Alright, I think I found it. It is a hidden room and it has a gold coin in it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for looking, but I found it just before your post XD

I checked my account again today and the Regular Edition isn't showing up in the list of prizes again, but it says that I have already claimed this prize. The CE is still there.

So, apparently there was some reset yesterday? Well, I didn't log in at all yesterday and finally got back on when it was working again tonight. It is still showing all my progress and prizes from the first day. So I guess the reset didn't count - or at least it didn't wipe out what happened before? Of course who the hell knows how this will all work out when it comes time to have prizes sent out. I really don't know for sure what I really won. I'm pretty sure I got 6 Amazon GC's and the regular edition of the game. But then I do have the CE showing in my list, so I dunno...

I do know all the DLC worked as I rushed to redeem it all today when I heard people were getting "already used" errors on theirs. All 9 of mine worked no problem.

I won the CE in France, but yesterday it showed up in the list for Columbia, so who knows what's going to happen.

[quote name='io']So, apparently there was some reset yesterday? Well, I didn't log in at all yesterday and finally got back on when it was working again tonight. It is still showing all my progress and prizes from the first day. So I guess the reset didn't count - or at least it didn't wipe out what happened before? Of course who the hell knows how this will all work out when it comes time to have prizes sent out. I really don't know for sure what I really won. I'm pretty sure I got 6 Amazon GC's and the regular edition of the game. But then I do have the CE showing in my list, so I dunno...

I do know all the DLC worked as I rushed to redeem it all today when I heard people were getting "already used" errors on theirs. All 9 of mine worked no problem.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused as well. Last night, I got a message that says I won the standard edition of the game. This morning, I have both the standard and CE versions of the game in my collected items list.

After coming back today, I still have both editions of the games under my prizes, but I seem to be missing a bunch of GCs. Says I only found 2.

As far as dishing out the prizes they have a couple of ways they can handle the "reset" from yesterday. Based on the fine print in the rules that everyone agrees to abide by when playing the game, they can pretty much do whatever they want. The rules that stand out to me are "All prize winners are considered potential prize winners subject to confirmation" and "All Prizes are subject to availability"

Most likely they have some sort of log that shows the users who won and what time they won their prizes. My best guess is that since there are only 75 "available" CE prizes and 600 SE prizes they will just give them out to the first 675 users respectively to collect them. This unfortunately would mean that everyone who won games after the "reset" only would be out of luck.

If they don't have a log showing the times people won prizes, then that is pretty poor planning on the coder and I don't see how they have any other option than to give games to everyone who got the congratulations pop ups because how else would they know who were the first "x" number to claim them.

If the reset of prizes yesterday had to do with some sort of glitch they are not obligated to make the winners whole and no screen shots or any other proof of win you might have to argue with will make a difference. Again, it's what you agree to by playing the game. It's not so dissimilar to a price mistake on a website. Are they obligated to honor the mistake price? No. Will they likely cancel your order? Yes. Do some companies still honor their mistakes to make their customers happy? Absolutely.

I guess we will have to see what kind of company Sony is. Some people who won games on Tuesday went back and re won their games on Wednesday when they thought the game had reset. So I'm not sure how many "new" winners there were after the "reset." Are pissing off those customers (and more importantly potential future customers) worth the fewer than 675 additional games (

I believe I got a standard edition of the game earlier, but like everyone else will have to wait and see if I get an e-mail at the end of the promotion, I actually haven't tried this series out since I don't use my PS3 all that much but I won't complain if I get a copy, I'll see if I can borrow the older ones from a friend I guess

Hmm... the game still says I've got my SE, but it hasn't added the CE like it has for some people. I do suddenly have $12 in gift cards now, though.

[quote name='hoofrog']Extra codes, enjoy:

CLIP SIZE FOR GMAL
PDE4-JRNF-4MK5

TREASURE HUNTER STARTER'S PACK
2F25-JDN9-LN2J

IN-GAME CASH REWARD
QCH7-LLN2-DGPD[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting these, used one, they are all gone now.

Here are some codes I'd like to dump here rather than in the code dump thread. One of them is not what it says it is (for U3 differs from others but it isnt anything super special). Please post which ones you have used.

1) Congratulations! You won CLIP SIZE FOR GMAL while playing Uncharted 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is BMPD-CFNT-BP8Q

2) Congratulations! You won TREASURE HUNTER STARTER'S PACK while playing Uncharted 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is MGBL-C6N5-PJMQ

3) Congratulations! You won In-game cash reward while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is HNLE-R8NQ-QCR3

4) Congratulations! You won Treasure Hunter Starter’s Pack while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is E7GB-F7NE-GA3B.

5) Congratulations! You won Kickback Endurance Booster while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is PCQB-F2N7-G339.

6) Congratulations! You won Clip size for GMAL while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is E8EC-FKNJ-64JM.

7) Congratulations! You won In-game cash reward while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is PTJJ-F5N3-NNLM.

8) Congratulations! You won Kickback Endurance Booster while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is R38J-EQN2-MCN8.

9) Congratulations! You won In-game cash reward while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is KQ7B-HKNC-G64P.

10) Congratulations! You won Treasure Hunter Starter’s Pack while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is 639J-KCNE-Q48A

11) Congratulations! You won Kickback Endurance Booster while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is LG6G-B5NM-KL5F

12) Congratulations! You won Clip size for GMAL while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is R457-TCNA-DC8B.

[quote name='Arakias']Here are some codes I'd like to dump here rather than in the code dump thread. One of them is not what it says it is (for U3 differs from others but it isnt anything super special). Please post which ones you have used.

1) Congratulations! You won CLIP SIZE FOR GMAL while playing Uncharted 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is BMPD-CFNT-BP8Q

2) Congratulations! You won TREASURE HUNTER STARTER'S PACK while playing Uncharted 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is MGBL-C6N5-PJMQ

3) Congratulations! You won In-game cash reward while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is HNLE-R8NQ-QCR3

4) Congratulations! You won Treasure Hunter Starter’s Pack while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is E7GB-F7NE-GA3B.

5) Congratulations! You won Kickback Endurance Booster while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is PCQB-F2N7-G339.

6) Congratulations! You won Clip size for GMAL while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is E8EC-FKNJ-64JM.

7) Congratulations! You won In-game cash reward while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is PTJJ-F5N3-NNLM.

8) Congratulations! You won Kickback Endurance Booster while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is R38J-EQN2-MCN8.

9) Congratulations! You won In-game cash reward while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is KQ7B-HKNC-G64P.

10) Congratulations! You won Treasure Hunter Starter’s Pack while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is 639J-KCNE-Q48A

11) Congratulations! You won Kickback Endurance Booster while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is LG6G-B5NM-KL5F

12) Congratulations! You won Clip size for GMAL while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is R457-TCNA-DC8B.[/QUOTE]

Hey, used a Treasure Hunter and Kickback. These were still available from your list, thanks:

[quote name='Arakias']Here are some codes I'd like to dump here rather than in the code dump thread. One of them is not what it says it is (for U3 differs from others but it isnt anything super special). Please post which ones you have used.

12) Congratulations! You won Clip size for GMAL while playing UNCHARTED 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is R457-TCNA-DC8B.[/QUOTE]

Used one of each, 1, 3-6, thanks.

[quote name='megma42']Think I found the last one in Syria. If you go 29 clicks to the left of the key area that is on the compass after you unlock Yemen it is above the X shaped building.

screenshot20111207at100.png
[/QUOTE]
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it is still active. When I click it, there's a gold icon and it says I've already claimed the prize. If you need an SE, I would go check that out.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']on bro, read the first post. :drool:[/QUOTE]
*facepalm*

That's the only FAQ I missed. Should have read them all. Thanks.

So it says I won a copy of the game. JUST to be clear, as I did read the OP, they will not email me about the game until the 20? I just want to be sure. Thanks for helping me win CAG!

[quote name='slowdive21']So if you exit the game, log out of FB and come back, does the UC3 move to England?[/QUOTE]

Like I said in an eariler post. Yes.

Just got a regular copy of the game! I thought they'd be out of both the collectors and regular but glad I got it, hope nothing gets reset

I took a few screenshots of my Facebook ID, the time I won, and the prize I won just to be safe in case they say that I didn't win anything. Doesn't hurt to be careful.

Won a regular copy of UC3 in Colombia! So now that along with 9 DLCs that I can actually use now haha. Thanks for all the posts guys. Wish more contests were this easy.

Ok, so I know that the SE game that I won has moved to England when I reload the game. However, I also have a CE listed in Colombia, even though I never actually got a popup for that (pretty sure I didn't win it). Why is this?

bread's done
Back