Uncharted 3 Find the Ring Facebook Promotion [AMAZON GCs EMAILED OUT]

[quote name='AkariK']Ok, so I know that the SE game that I won has moved to England when I reload the game. However, I also have a CE listed in Colombia, even though I never actually got a popup for that (pretty sure I didn't win it). Why is this?[/QUOTE]

Me and Slowdrive21 actually figured it out.

It seems that the game doesn't like too much content on one page. If you notice it kinda evens out the prizes. So what happens is regardless of WHERE you win... the earliest you find the game is where it will appear.

This was proven when I had both of my UC 3's on Colo, but when I found the england one... it moved there.

[quote name='admiralvic']Like I said in an eariler post. Yes.[/QUOTE]

No need to be snippy, I didn't see you edited your other post.

[quote name='admiralvic']Me and Slowdive21 actually figured it out.

It seems that the game doesn't like too much content on one page. If you notice it kinda evens out the prizes. So what happens is regardless of WHERE you win... the earliest you find the game is where it will appear.

This was proven when I had both of my UC 3's on Colo, but when I found the england one... it moved there.[/QUOTE]

Actually I figured it out, we just used your account to test the theory. :cool:

[quote name='slowdive21']***I figured it out. Every time you leave the game your list on the bottom gets wiped out to an extent. It seems like the list will show all unique prizes at the lowest level they appear.

If the prizes for UC3 and the CE show on the lower levels they will not show on the higher levels (even if you rediscover the room). The only things that continue to show on all levels are the $3, and DLC. You probably only see the UC3 game on England, and the CE in France. Hopefully this is what everyone's account is doing.[/QUOTE]

BTW everyone. I think I may know where the ring is in Yemen.

btw, I think we have maybe reached the conclusion that the prize list are just prizes you've discovered, not necessarily those you have won. I'm not sure if that is the case or not as I got congratulations pop ups on all prizes. If it is the case though, it is unintentional. according to the rules, the prize list is supposed to only show prizes you've won, not just those you have found that may or may not have been available.

"10. There is a display directly below the map that shows your progress for the location you're currently playing. It shows how many of the location's available rooms you've found, how many prizes you've collected, and whether or not you've found the level's key. That display also toggles game hints and the map's legend."

Is there a way to preview the Yemen map, or did you just cross reference the clues against Google Maps of Yemen?

[quote name='slowdive21']

BTW everyone. I think I may know where the ring is in Yemen.[/QUOTE]

can someone direct me to the page where I can find the naughty dog sniper rifle.

Here is a code for the in game cash. cant use it since i redeemed it for playing the beta: 9PH4-QRNH-5AEK

[quote name='austenwithane']Is there a way to preview the Yemen map, or did you just cross reference the clues against Google Maps of Yemen?[/QUOTE]

Google Maps dog! I still need one room in Syria (which is a Standard edition /clue room) to have all the clues. Hopefully, I will be fast enough to get it, but my hopes aren't very high.

[quote name='austenwithane']Is there a way to preview the Yemen map, or did you just cross reference the clues against Google Maps of Yemen?[/QUOTE]

I tried Google Maps in Yemen, but all that's there is a bunch of sand. Going to have to wait.

[quote name='davesrt10']Regular copy in france
Ok if you find the gift card shown on above picture theres 2 rooms very close to each other just put mouse on the middle of both and using the arrows keys in your keybord go left until you see a big green grass road running diagonaly / it should be in there sorry for not having a picture.
I dont think anyone has posted this regular copy of the game in france there might be still some there[/QUOTE]

found it! thanks!

[quote name='bmac']btw, I think we have maybe reached the conclusion that the prize list are just prizes you've discovered, not necessarily those you have won. I'm not sure if that is the case or not as I got congratulations pop ups on all prizes. If it is the case though, it is unintentional. according to the rules, the prize list is supposed to only show prizes you've won, not just those you have found that may or may not have been available.[/QUOTE]

That's my thinking because I know that I got a congratulations message for an SE version of the game and "sorry these have all been claimed" message for the CE and yet both are showing up on my collected items list. Now I'm wondering if I actually won either of them. If I I'm not, I'm ok with that. I'm just finding this confusing. I guess we'll all find out for sure around the 20th.

well if anyone won a copy of the game, and it turns out it is a downloadable code, and they already have their copy, please pay it forward and pm me it!

Here are a couple of extra codes that I have. Get to them before the lurkers!

You won KICKBACK ENDURANCE BOOSTER while playing Uncharted 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is 9CG8-J8N3-B8T4.

You won CLIP SIZE FOR GMAL while playing Uncharted 3: Grab the Ring! Your promotion code is QG5K-D3N8-4T36.

[quote name='Goofball27']well if anyone won a copy of the game, and it turns out it is a downloadable code, and they already have their copy, please pay it forward and pm me it![/QUOTE]

Pay what forward? I dont think you know what that means.

the only thing I'm missing is the naughty dog rifle :(

and i have these clues that are not in the first post:

it's too precious to be kept in a warehouse

the park with the circles is lovely but the ring is not there

sorry if someone posted them before

[quote name='Goofball27']so if you win a copy of the game, is the game a download version?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, the game is to new to be a downloaded version, and the win screen shows a boxed copy. They will contact the winners asking for a mailing address and details when the contest is over (the 20th).

[quote name='lokizz']would be sweet if it was a dl copy but then how could you give away a dl cpy of the ce?[/QUOTE]

Its not a download copy. Neither are.

[quote name='lokizz']would be sweet if it was a dl copy but then how could you give away a dl cpy of the ce?[/QUOTE]

why do you want it to be a code??? it's better to have the physical game don't you think?

If they even had a DD copy, hell no. The game is 50 GB.

[quote name='kamiyan89']why do you want it to be a code??? it's better to have the physical game don't you think?[/QUOTE]

im not hung up on the whole dl copy physical copy drama. with certain types of games its conveinent to have a dl version especially if you play the game alot.

[quote name='lokizz']im not hung up on the whole dl copy physical copy drama. with certain types of games its conveinent to have a dl version especially if you play the game alot.[/QUOTE]

Downloading and installing 50GB is not convenient.

I logged in today in the game after like a day, and now it's shoing I got S.E edition in England and it says I got a C.E. in Columbia, neither of which happened that way ~_~' I got the S.E in Syria and I am not even sure I got a C.E. Is this cause I completed all the maps?(Got everything)

[quote name='ZombieToast']Especially on Sony's servers. Sheesh...[/QUOTE]

What are you implying, I dled the Rage demo last night in like 4 mins lol (1.8gigs) Though I do agree on certain days/times it can come to crawl lol

[quote name='CandyCaptain']What are you implying, I dled the Rage demo last night in like 4 mins lol (1.8gigs) Though I do agree on certain days/times it can come to crawl lol[/QUOTE]

Just think of the install time...

anyways when did this topic become the stupid question thread?

[quote name='slowdive21']Sony posted that the game starts today on facebook. My game hasn't reset, but we may want to keep an eye on it throughout the day.[/QUOTE]
The Official Rules state the game starts Dec. 6 at noon PST.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CandyCaptain']I logged in today in the game after like a day, and now it's shoing I got S.E edition in England and it says I got a C.E. in Columbia, neither of which happened that way ~_~' I got the S.E in Syria and I am not even sure I got a C.E. Is this cause I completed all the maps?(Got everything)[/QUOTE]

Your guess is as good as anyone's at this point. With the glitches and resets and everything actually receiving the games won might be more surprising than actally winning them in the first place.

The only thing we know for sure is that all of the game prizes were supposedly claimed on Tuesday and through a glitch of some sort they all appeared to be available again on Wednesday. Some folks panicked and went back and "re won" them, some didn't, and a bunch of new folks "won" what was left yesterday and today. There is an outside possibilty that only part of the games were made available on tuesday and they released more on wednesday in some attempt to stagger the prizes. But that would not really be consistent with the rules.

There are supposedly only 75 CE games and 600 SE games but it looks like there are as many as twice that number that are being expected to be delivered to anxious winners, who may not be winners after all.

The only thing that appears to be a hard fact is that those who will be receiving games and gift cards will not be contacted until after the game ends so there likely won't be anything other than specualtion till after the 20th.

[quote name='Wario64']Downloading and installing 50GB is not convenient.[/QUOTE]

does it really matter that much to you ? when i made my post i didnt know how big the game was but you keep going on and on about the games size even though id already moved on past it.chill man i get it you know the games size congrats. but even with the size being that big for the "conveinence" of not needing to change disks id dl it epecially if i could just dl the mp. btw how many gb is the mp????????

[quote name='bmac']The only thing we know for sure is that all of the game prizes were supposedly claimed on Tuesday and through a glitch of some sort they all appeared to be available again on [/QUOTE]

Some SE games were still available yesterday even after the reset was fixed. The only thing we know for sure, is that we don't know much about what's going to happen.

[quote name='lokizz']does it really matter that much to you ? when i made my post i didnt know how big the game was but you keep going on and on about the games size even though id already moved on past it.chill man i get it you know the games size congrats. but even with the size being that big for the "conveinence" of not needing to change disks id dl it epecially if i could just dl the mp. btw how many gb is the mp????????[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you've never downloaded a full retail game on PSN. Also, you'd need 100 GB just to download and install the game

[quote name='Link2999']Some SE games were still available yesterday even after the reset was fixed. The only thing we know for sure, is that we don't know much about what's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

That is possible..but I seem to remember people saying they were still winning CE copies after they fixed the reset as well. That led me to think that the prizes opening back up was unrelated to the stats being reset and that people were still able to win them until they all ran out again, which of course took much longer with the 600 SE games than the 75 CE games. You are definately right about that last part though.

[quote name='CandyCaptain']What are you implying, I dled the Rage demo last night in like 4 mins lol (1.8gigs) Though I do agree on certain days/times it can come to crawl lol[/QUOTE]
Maybe you're lucky, but in my experience, Sony's servers are always slow as hell and I don't usually come across people who disagree.

[quote name='bmac']That is possible..but I seem to remember people saying they were still winning CE copies after they fixed the reset as well. That led me to think that the prizes opening back up was unrelated to the stats being reset and that people were still able to win them until they all ran out again, which of course took much longer with the 600 SE games than the 75 CE games. You are definately right about that last part though.[/QUOTE]
There were still SE games available because all of the rooms hadn't been posted yet. Nobody got a CE after the reset was fixed as far as I know.

Here's what I think happened: somebody screwed up yesterday morning. They didn't want to get fired, so they didn't tell anyone about the screw up, and they just fixed it ASAP.

Either that, or Prizelogic doesn't know how to deal with it, so they're just going to pretend it didn't happen.

This is just my conjecture due to the fact that Prizelogic wrote me back fairly quickly about an address question, but ignored two other questions I sent them about the reset.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Maybe you're lucky, but in my experience, Sony's servers are always slow as hell and I don't usually come across people who disagree.[/QUOTE]

I like to think I agree with you and disagree, only cause as I said on some days even for me, my download speed can go down to like 1 mb a min or worse lol.(It also depends on the time of day you do it) Like when I said last night it was actually around 3 in the morning lol.

[quote name='admiralvic']Just think of the install time...

anyways when did this topic become the stupid question thread?[/QUOTE]

LoL I just went back a few pages to see what you were talking about......The question I asked was asked and answered a ton of times already. :lol: I'll make sure to check next time before I ask lol(it was pretty funny when I saw it) almost the exact same wording too!!!

[quote name='Wario64']I'm assuming you've never downloaded a full retail game on PSN. Also, you'd need 100 GB just to download and install the game[/QUOTE]

yeah actually i have at least 4 up to date the mst recent being tomb raider underworld, little big planet , infamous and midnight club complete. still have plenty of space left on my hd btw most of those i mentioned were around 4 to 8 gb in size. so whats your point? did you even play the subway beta that was the full mp with a few odds and ends missing and it wasnt over 10 gb. oh yeah ive got borderlands on my ps3 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Conkerkid11']What on Earth did I miss?[/QUOTE]

There was a Facebook promotion that was praticall giving away copies of Uncharted 3 and Amazon Gift Cards, pretty much anybody that saw this post in the first five hours got at least a free copy of UC3, not to mention the Collector's Editions and Amazon Gift Cards.

[quote name='Conkerkid11']What on Earth did I miss?[/QUOTE]

Why Santa of course =P He awarded all good cags a free copy of Uncharted 3 for at least a day (more or less) and fucked over those evil slickdealers.

[quote name='Conkerkid11']So, no more free copies? Or are they just harder to find?[/QUOTE]

Long gone, they were all snagged pretty quickly once word got around, and all the locations have been discovered.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Long gone, they were all snagged pretty quickly once word got around, and all the locations have been discovered.[/QUOTE]
I think people can still win games in Syria, and probably France. I'm not going to create a new FB account just to find out, though, lol. Nobody has reported that those two have dried up yet.

Edit: never mind, just read on SD that they're all gone. I think some time around 4-6 p.m. today was when the last of them went.

bread's done
Back