Uncharted 3 Find the Ring Facebook Promotion [AMAZON GCs EMAILED OUT]

Got my SE today, didn't have to sign or anything. Thanks again for the pointers while the contest was going on, or I never would've found anything decent!

Still nothing and I did respond to their email before the deadline in January. Anyone else win on the west coast and see their tracking info yet? If nothing by tomorrow I'll email them.

[quote name='TheJLC']Anyone in the Chicago area that has gotten their package?[/QUOTE]
Yep. I got it around 3pm(Might have been 4 though), and my mom said they have the standard edition waiting for me at the local post office.

[quote name='soliunasm']Yep. I got it around 3pm(Might have been 4 though), and my mom said they have the standard edition waiting for me at the local post office.[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks. I wonder why the mail carrier never leaves any message for me. :whistle2:k

Decent mail day for me =P
13769124.jpg

I have a question. I used my contest-entering Facebook account to enter this contest, and not my real one. I have a completely different name than my real name on that account. I'm afraid of if the package ships, but I'm not home, how would I go about convincing UPS/USPS that the package actually is mine?

[quote name='MrPiggles']I have a question. I used my contest-entering Facebook account to enter this contest, and not my real one. I have a completely different name than my real name on that account. I'm afraid of if the package ships, but I'm not home, how would I go about convincing UPS/USPS that the package actually is mine?[/QUOTE]

they just need the person at the address to sign. They dont give two shits who that person is.

[quote name='MrPiggles']I have a question. I used my contest-entering Facebook account to enter this contest, and not my real one. I have a completely different name than my real name on that account. I'm afraid of if the package ships, but I'm not home, how would I go about convincing UPS/USPS that the package actually is mine?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. I used a fake name for Facebook and I signed it anyway. They're not gonna ask for ID or anything. Besides, I'd just say my roommate is at work or something if you were that paranoid

I'm not worried about the signing part, I'm worried if I'm not home when the package arrives, and I would need to pick it up at the post office. Won't they ask me for ID there?

[quote name='MrPiggles']I'm not worried about the signing part, I'm worried if I'm not home when the package arrives, and I would need to pick it up at the post office. Won't they ask me for ID there?[/QUOTE]

Nah I've had people pick stuff up for me at the post office before. All you need is the slip of paper saying they missed you, it has all the numbers needed to identify your package, and then they will just ask you to sign. No Id should be needed.

Got my SE via USPS today. No signature required. Was just sitting in the mailbox when I got home from work.
Also had a copy of Tomba! for the PS1 and some Mass Effect 3 dogtags waiting for me, but those are unrelated to this :p

Just waiting on my CE and Amazon GCs. According to UPS my CE should be here on March 6th, which is the same day my ME3 CE gets here :D

[quote name='soliunasm']Yep. I got it around 3pm(Might have been 4 though), and my mom said they have the standard edition waiting for me at the local post office.[/QUOTE]

man.... i live in chicago too and i haven't got my SE yet

got my SE today. still waiting for my collectors edition to come in :D just wondering tho, nobody got any amazon giftcards in their SE packages did they? or do we know yet if they are coming digitally through email or something?

Amazon codes will most likely be digital, but we really don't know for sure yet.

Also, I got my SE in the mail yesterday. They slashed it pretty bad, but I'm used to that after nearly a year of House Party. UPS showed up, but they only delivered a six-pack of Seagram's ginger ale. They're trying out a new label for the cans, so it's a bit strange that they sent blank silver cans. Oh well, it's free soda and it's actually not as disgusting as I expected.

Just received this e-mail from them.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your copy of the video game as been shipped and should be delivered early next week. The Amazon Gift Cards are being sent separately and should be shipping by the end of next week.

Thank you,
Customer Support

[quote name='MellowSeth']Mail man just scared the crap out of me by slamming on my door, got my game though. Back to sleep.[/QUOTE]
lol. It would been more scary if he would have gone in and stood by your bed waiting for the signature.

Got my copy. Thanks to everyone that helped. Kinda sucks that I was alittle late to getting both a se and a ce, but as long as I have a copy im happy. Now I await my amazon gc's.

[quote name='TheJLC']lol. It would been more scary if he would have gone in and stood by your bed waiting for the signature.[/QUOTE]

Wait, he told me that was standard procedure. I did think the masturbating while I slept thing was a little weird though...

I tried checking the UPS tracking thing in this thread but nothing came up so I was a bit worried but...I just got my regular edition copy via the regular mail service. Had to sign for it.

Got my CE and standard copy today. I want to thank MrPiggles for posting about the contest and all the CAGS who helped out with the locations. Never won any contests before and probably wouldn't have won much without your help :D

Got my standard edition today as well. Never thought that some USPS packages could require signature confirmation. Oh, and mine had a deep gash on the barcode.

[quote name='mac101010']Got my standard edition today as well. Never thought that some USPS packages could require signature confirmation. Oh, and mine had a deep gash on the barcode.[/QUOTE]

Signature confirmation is a service you can purchases from the USPS - thus, some packages will require it ;).

And yeah, got mine today, too, and it is gashed. I mean, I thought they slashed them, but this really is a gash.

I never opened my day 1 purchase of the game. I guess I can sell that one and keep the mangled one.

I was hoping to get it today, but I doubt they left it on the porch of my old house, so if it isn't here tonight, I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow. Also, my standard edition is supposed to be at the post office in the morning.

bread's done
Back