Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - OUT NOW - Trophy Patch Released!

[quote name='natureboy46']That's interesting because I finally got around to playing the demo on Friday and felt the same way. Didn't have as much fun with it as thought I would - didn't realize it was pretty much a straight-up shooter.

I also had problems with the cover system in that I would get nailed literally every time I tries to pop out and shoot someone. Maybe I was just doing it wrong.

Having said that I will still probably pick it up when the trophy support hits, especially as a GH title.[/quote]

I'll probably get it as a GH too (assuming it can be found for 20-25 or so), but Oblivion and R&C will come first for me.

Just finished it last week after purchasing around Xmas time lol.
Took me way longer than 8 hours since I am such a chicken and have to cover and shoot every time instead of going crazy.

Anyways, I thought the ending was very anti-climatic. I was hoping for something more.
Fun game nonetheless. First FPS I've ever finished.

[quote name='DrNo888']Just finished it last week after purchasing around Xmas time lol.
Took me way longer than 8 hours since I am such a chicken and have to cover and shoot every time instead of going crazy.

Anyways, I thought the ending was very anti-climatic. I was hoping for something more.
Fun game nonetheless. First FPS I've ever finished.[/quote]

Weird, not an FPS to me.

[quote name='DrNo888']Just finished it last week after purchasing around Xmas time lol.

Fun game nonetheless. First FPS I've ever finished.[/quote]

I agree with everything you said, expect it wasn't a fps. I got the game around Christmas and only passed it a couple weeks ago since I hide a lot and play on and off, maybe half an hour here or there. I bet if I did play it straight through it would be about an 8-10 hour game for most. For somebody like me a 8-10 hour game takes months to pass unless it's a MGS game.

Do you ever aim in First person view in Uncharted? That would be a first for a FPS now, wouldn't it? :p

I don't get the whole trophy situation with this game. It's retroactive, but you need to play through the game again to unlock them. Weird.

No, they're not retroactive. If they were retroactive, you wouldn't need to play through it again. They're just adding trophies to the game after its release

Heh, I dont play these types or FPS so really dont care what it's called. Not too into shooting games, although I do have COD4 sitting around from Xmas. Will probably give it a try after I finish up R&C.

I really enjoyed this game even though the ending was very anticlimactic.

Are there other games for PS3 similar to this one? I'm pretty new to gaming and have only really gotten into this game and GTA4 and really enjoy both.

There really isn't anything else like Uncharted other than Tomb Raider. I tried to go back and play Tomb Raider Legend (360) yesterday and I stopped on the first level because it wasn't as polished as Uncharted.

[quote name='depascal22']There really isn't anything else like Uncharted other than Tomb Raider. I tried to go back and play Tomb Raider Legend (360) yesterday and I stopped on the first level because it wasn't as polished as Uncharted.[/quote]

Dang. Thanks for the head up though.

I bought it last week used, played it for 3 hours and took it back. After playing MGS for hours, it just seemed kinda a waste of gaming time. :\ They're on such a different scale it's not even funny.

[quote name='torifile']I bought it last week used, played it for 3 hours and took it back. After playing MGS for hours, it just seemed kinda a waste of gaming time. :\ They're on such a different scale it's not even funny.[/quote]

I agree, but not in the same way that you mean.

I played Metal Gear for about 3 hours (well, I watched Metal Gear, mostly) and then put it up for trade. What a snoozefest.

Uncharted is exciting, engaging, and fun from the minute the game starts.

Yep, Uncharted is direct and acted like a summer action adventure, a more modern Indiana Jones. MGS4 is, well, MGS4, it has a very Japanese and Kojima style of storytelling that's good, but still it's own thing with way too long dialog, characters that should learn to talk less, etc...

I loved Uncharted, finished it last week on normal and plan to go through on hard after they add the trophy support. I enjoy Tomb Raider too, but Uncharted is a lot more fun to me. I'll have to try Crushing after finishing it on hard, not sure how tough that will be!

I guess it felt too direct for me and too action-flicky for me. Don't get me wrong, I thought the graphics were amazing and it was well-designed for what it was intended. I'm just not big into action-flick type games. At least not at $35. When I can get it for $20, I'll pick it up and finish. The good news is that it's so short, I might actually be able to before I get bored/distracted/too busy to finish it. :lol:

[quote name='cdietschrun']When are trophies expected for this?[/quote]

There's some info here about Uncharted trophies, but Naughty Dog doesn't commit to anything more than "soon" for a release date.

[quote name='depascal22']There really isn't anything else like Uncharted other than Tomb Raider. I tried to go back and play Tomb Raider Legend (360) yesterday and I stopped on the first level because it wasn't as polished as Uncharted.[/quote]

U:DF > TRL - but I loved both.

If you get any inkling to try TR again - it's worth it. Though uncharted does beat it in most respects and is certainly more polished, there are some very cool puzzles RTEs, levels and bosses in tomb raider legend.

That's about right. It's easier for them to implement it since they had the medal system in place already. Instead of having to go into each part of the game and code in trophy requirement detection routines where appropriate, you just look for when certain medals are unlocked, and give the appropriate trophies.

I was listening to the 1up podcast and they had a good idea, about the possibility of adding additional chapters to the big Sony games like Uncharted. Similar to how R&C is going to get the extra DLC chapter quest for Booty. I'd definitely pay 15 for an extra chapter to the Uncharted story line.

Put me down for a chapter of Uncharted. Unfortunately, I don't have much room on my HDD because of installs but I'll make room for it.

Uncharted patch just went live for Europe.
Hopefully later today for US.

Known trophies (rest are locked/unviewable)

Bronze
  • First treasure
    Beginner Fortune Hunter
    Novice Fortune Hunter
    Enthusiast Fortune Hunter
    Intermediate Fortune Hunter
    Skilled Fortune Hunter
    Proficient Fortune Hunter
    Advanced Fortune Hunter
    Professional Fortune Hunter
    Senior Fortune Hunter
    Expert Fortune Hunter
    Crack Fortune Hunter
    Relic Finger
    Brutal Brawler
    Steel Fist
    Headshot Expert
    10 Headshots
    30 Headshots
    Dyno-Might!
    Run-and-Gunner
    Hangman
    Grenade Hangman
Silver
  • Master Fortune Hunter
    Brutal Slugger
    Brutal Expert
    Stealth Attacker
    Steel Fist Expert
    100 Headshots
    Survivor

Aren't they all the original in-game trophies in Uncharted?
I wish you could use the ones you already had, I nailed 100 headshots early-ish.
When it goes live, I'm going to play it again.

Did anyone else stay away from hand to hand combat? I just found some cover and popped out for head shots with the pistol or AK. It was much easier than trying to connect with some of the combos.

I am guessing games that can't retroactively add trophies, are the ones that don't encrypt save games. This would allow people to put save games on usb stick, alter them with hex editor, then put them back, unlocking all the trophies.

Just speculation.

~S

[quote name='Azumangaman']Aren't they all the original in-game trophies in Uncharted?
I wish you could use the ones you already had, I nailed 100 headshots early-ish.
When it goes live, I'm going to play it again.[/quote]

Yes, they thought ahead and they are all the same.

[quote name='dallow']US patch is out now.
13MB.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.

So how is this going to work? Should I delete my save file and start over again? If I start a new game I just end up with the same amount of medals, kills with certain guns, etc. I have 53/60 treasures. Are the previous achievements going to unlock when I get 55? I'm confused.

Don't have to delete your save, just start a new one.
The trophies are unlocked "as you play" so you just have to them again.

I'm not sure if you can continue a saved game and unlock them as you earn them from that point forward though.
Someone needs to test this.

I'm pretty sure last time I started a new game (right after I beat it) it kept all the stuff from my previous play through. I need some clarification, lol.

Doesn't the game give you the option to transfer all the medals you got from the first playthrough to the new save?

Simply choose no, and you're good to go.

[quote name='dallow']Doesn't the game give you the option to transfer all the medals you got from the first playthrough to the new save?

Simply choose no, and you're good to go.[/quote]

Yeah you're right. Forgot about that. Still I wonder about the unlocking all previous stuff once you hit 60 treasures, or something like that. I can't find out cuz all the ones I'm missing are towards the end of the game.

[quote name='JMEPO']I thought it was suprising this wasn't one of the PS3's greatest hits.[/QUOTE]For Sony's first party standards, the game hasn't been out long enough. Around the Holiday season, it may be a GH.

Now that it's got trophies, this game may be worth playing again. I'm only 3 hours in, so I'll just start over. Now I just need to find it cheap. :D

bread's done
Back