Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - OUT NOW - Trophy Patch Released!

If you are playing on Normal difficulty it really isnt that hard, there are just some tricky sections that require a couple plays to memorize enemy patterns. I am not even great but I beat this game on Hard difficulty with not too much difficulty. I am sorry but dont remember enough specifics to help you more. Just try and watch you tube vids of the section or go to ps3trophies.org for help. Just watch out for spoilers.

And I disagree with the guy above, I didnt think their were many problems at all with the gameplay in 1 or 2. I never experienced anything buggy control wise. I have yet to play 3 but apparently aiming was wonky before a patch. But Uncharted is also one of my fav series of all time so I could be biased.

[quote name='Kendro']Giving this a healthy bump for anyone who got a PS3 during Black Friday and playing this game for the first time.

I'm not a newb to games but this game can be frustratingly difficult at times. This is coming from someone who beat all the Modern Warfare and Gears of War games on normal difficulty (not saying I'm a pro, but I have the ability to beat most games I play).

Does it get even more difficult as the game progresses? I am currently on Chapter 12 and so far there were two parts that made me want to chuck the controller. The part where you drop into shallow water in a blue tunnel, and the part where you are trapped in a building
right before you realize Sully is still alive from Elena's camera.

Please keep spoilers to a minimum. I just want to know if I'm done with the hardest parts of the game.[/QUOTE]

LOL you got to the hardest part, what you described there was the "Blue Room" it's an infamous room know for driving people insane lol. Best way I found to get by it was to kill them as they came down b4 they had a chance to shoot. n____n Otherwise you shouldn't see anything too bad till the final level/boss battle! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally hooked up my ps3 to psn to get the trophies patch. I just finished the game. It was a pretty good story. Controls are a bit wonky, but pretty much every game seems that way to me. I don't understand why controls still aren't fully customizable on ps3 games. It shouldn't be a space issue. I flip the horizontal and it only does it for part of the controls, I noticed the same thing on Arkham City. The batarang doesn't flip, but your normal aim does.

What I did to great success was initially play all three games on Hard and then went back and replayed them in reverse order on Crushing. Each game gets progressively easier on Crushing so doing it this way by the time you get up to the Blue Room you've been playing Uncharted increasingly harder and it is a breeze. I think I died twice memorizing the enemy patterns and got it third time on Crushing.

I personally adored Uncharted 1 on Crushing, same thing with Bioshock. There's some parts that are just so hard you have to pause and take a deep breath once you do it and get such a sense of satisfaction.

All uncharted games have been easy for me on normal because I always recognize a trap room when ever I see one coming a mile a way.

1. Always play defensively
2. stay on the high ground
3. Use the guns available/found right before the area you enter or use the current enemies guns. This works best in these modern/gun action/adventure titles (gears of war series/ warhammer 40k)

It been a while but before you enter the blue room I believe you are on a ledge b4 you you jump into it, stay there and pick off the guys in the room, take your time and let them com to you.

I didn't know we had this thread! I love this game so much, my GOTG. Much better than 2, especially 3, but 3 sucked.
Crushing was super tactical, more so than Socom. Who do you take out first from where, where are your enemies around you, maybe it's better to run back to a previous location, or even look around- you may find a sniper! (You'll find that sniper useful for one particular section). The story was a blast, beat it so many times. If you guys need any help with certain parts, tell me or PM me! :D
Edit: Still don't know how "Blue Room" pisses so many off, I died twice there on Crushing.

[quote name='nixmahn']All uncharted games have been easy for me on normal because I always recognize a trap room when ever I see one coming a mile a way.

1. Always play defensively
2. stay on the high ground
3. Use the guns available/found right before the area you enter or use the current enemies guns. This works best in these modern/gun action/adventure titles (gears of war series/ warhammer 40k)

It been a while but before you enter the blue room I believe you are on a ledge b4 you you jump into it, stay there and pick off the guys in the room, take your time and let them com to you.[/QUOTE]

Enemies won't spawn until you jump in or run all the way back to the open area and force them to spawn that way.

After playing Uncharted 2 & 3, I finally decided to grab a cheap copy of the first game. Ran into the glitch that keeps the game stuck on the loading screen with the spinning coin. Well, I got it to work once for about 2 hrs before the game froze. Back to the spinning coin since then. Tried all the different theories I've seen with no luck. Really frustrating, especially since this glitch has been out there for a couple years now apparently and Sony & Naughty Dog haven't fixed it.

[quote name='BGPu']After playing Uncharted 2 & 3, I finally decided to grab a cheap copy of the first game. Ran into the glitch that keeps the game stuck on the loading screen with the spinning coin. Well, I got it to work once for about 2 hrs before the game froze. Back to the spinning coin since then. Tried all the different theories I've seen with no luck. Really frustrating, especially since this glitch has been out there for a couple years now apparently and Sony & Naughty Dog haven't fixed it.[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, there was this one time where I had to wait about a minute for the loading to complete rather than the usual 5 seconds. It has been fine ever since. Can't you just reset the PS3 and reload the save file?

[quote name='Kendro']Now that I think about it, there was this one time where I had to wait about a minute for the loading to complete rather than the usual 5 seconds. It has been fine ever since. Can't you just reset the PS3 and reload the save file?[/QUOTE]

I've tried deleting the Patch data. I've tried running other games and then trying Uncharted again. I put Uncharted 2 in and installed the game data for that & then the first game worked for about 2 hours before freezing up. Now I'm back to the spinning coin.

I'm thinking I'll just exchange the game for a different copy, but I'm worried I'll just wind up in the same boat as this sounds like a somewhat common problem.

Mine never froze on me. I just played through it for the first time. I popped in the game and it downloaded a patch. I have a 40 Gig PS3 and an black label version of the game using 4.0 (if that helps).

[quote name='slowdive21']Mine never froze on me. I just played through it for the first time. I popped in the game and it downloaded a patch. I have a 40 Gig PS3 and an black label version of the game using 4.0 (if that helps).[/QUOTE]

I've got a brand new PS3 Slim with the latest firmware installed.

I've read accounts of people never encountering this at all, and other accounts from people who have tried & tried to get the game to work and gave up, then they tried again a couple hours/days/weeks later and it magically works. Very strange.

If I had got the game by buying the Uncharted Dual Pack & it did this I'd be furious. By buying it used I'm just somewhat irritated.

[quote name='BGPu']I've got a brand new PS3 Slim with the latest firmware installed.

I've read accounts of people never encountering this at all, and other accounts from people who have tried & tried to get the game to work and gave up, then they tried again a couple hours/days/weeks later and it magically works. Very strange.

If I had got the game by buying the Uncharted Dual Pack & it did this I'd be furious. By buying it used I'm just somewhat irritated.[/QUOTE]

How long are you waiting for the coin page to load? I found that most of the problems that people report are fixed by waiting (like fallout 3 goty freezes) It would take like 4 or 5 minutes, but the game would eventually work again. I think the longest I saw the coin was 2-3 minutes, but it was only when the game was loading, not in the middle of gameplay. Assassin's Creed on the other hand and Borderlands would both freeze while I was playing the game.

[quote name='slowdive21']How long are you waiting for the coin page to load? I found that most of the problems that people report are fixed by waiting (like fallout 3 goty freezes) It would take like 4 or 5 minutes, but the game would eventually work again. I think the longest I saw the coin was 2-3 minutes, but it was only when the game was loading, not in the middle of gameplay. Assassin's Creed on the other hand and Borderlands would both freeze while I was playing the game.[/QUOTE]

A couple minutes before I try to go back to the main PS3 menu or shut the whole thing down. The one time it actually started, it was actually pretty quick and I could hear the drive accessing the disc. When it locks up the system is dead silent.

[quote name='BGPu']A couple minutes before I try to go back to the main PS3 menu or shut the whole thing down. The one time it actually started, it was actually pretty quick and I could hear the drive accessing the disc. When it locks up the system is dead silent.[/QUOTE]

Do you quit to the title screen, then hit the PS button and then go to quit the game? I don't know if that will help or not, but I am paranoid, so I always do that.

[quote name='slowdive21']Do you quit to the title screen, then hit the PS button and then go to quit the game? I don't know if that will help or not, but I am paranoid, so I always do that.[/QUOTE]

I've only been able to get to the Menu Screen the one time. That's the problem.

Exchanged the game for a different copy at Best Buy and I'm still stuck at the endless spinning coin screen. I emailed Sony support about this and how they should try patching the game, but I doubt they'll actually do anything about it since it looks like Sony & Naughty Dog haven't addressed this going back 2 years.

I suppose I'll wait a couple days and exchange it again & hope for the best, but I'm at a loss here. There's no reason to buy a game and have to hope that it might work someday.

Sony responded to me with instructions on how to access 'Safe Mode' to repair corrupted data and now the game works. For now at least.

Still, very strange.

bread's done
Back