Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - OUT NOW - Trophy Patch Released!

The addition of Trophies got me to play through this again and I've got to say the second time through was much more enjoyable than the first. I've never been much of a puzzler so it was very nice being able to breeze through those sections and enjoy the platforming and fighting parts. This is the value of Achievements/Trophies. They give you a reason to go back to old games, and they can also change the way you play. My first time through I never bothered much with hand-to-hand or shooting from the hip but for the sake of trophies this time I did and it was a blast. A much different experience from the move-to-cover, pop-out-and-shoot fest my first time though.

i been enjoying this game so much. i just went thru the 2nd time(to get the trophies). i got 50/60 treasures. now im playing thru a 3rd time and its cool because it can continue where u left off w/ the treasures and other trophies. i just got two more treasures to go. then im goin to beat it on Hard/Crushing

fuck, Crushing is a bitch to beat. I found that being more trigger happy and aggressive allowed me to live longer than finding cover and picking enemies off one by one. The flanking enemies packing shotguns charge more often also which can lead to some pretty frustrating deaths.

[quote name='knightsdwn']fuck, Crushing is a bitch to beat. I found that being more trigger happy and aggressive allowed me to live longer than finding cover and picking enemies off one by one. The flanking enemies packing shotguns charge more often also which can lead to some pretty frustrating deaths.[/quote]

I'm actually the opposite on crushing. In hard, I was more run-and-gun. With crushing, I find it's much easier (and less frustrating) to sit back and pick guys off. Using my previous method only gave me far more deaths, and got very annoying.

I agree with the "kamikaze-ish" enemies in crushing though; they are a bitch to deal with. I actually the game is kinda cheap in that regard. I would expect a smart person wouldn't rush straight in and get themselves killed in a real firefight (at which point the other guys kill the player).

i just finished playing this game through for the first time. great game! a lot like tomb raider, but better. the sequel ought to have a search for atlantis.
i wish i would have played through on hard instead of normal though. i can't imagine that i'll play it through 3 times in a row.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']i just finished playing this game through for the first time. great game! a lot like tomb raider, but better. the sequel ought to have a search for atlantis.
i wish i would have played through on hard instead of normal though. i can't imagine that i'll play it through 3 times in a row.[/quote]
I made that same mistake! :cry: I'm almost finished Hard and then I will go back for crushing.

Kinda sucks that you have to create a new file for each run-through. I probably won't have a save with everything unlocked because of it.

Crushing mode was a bitch to beat -_-, I consider myself a very "vocal" player and I bet every time I died my neighbors would go, "Ah there he goes again....." >_<

The shotgun is my best friend during my crushing run. I just had the enemies come to me from where I was hiding, and shoot from the hip whenever they get close.

There are some things that annoyed me though, for example I hate the way the enemies move their heads whenever you try to get a headshot. I know they're trying to avoid getting shot in the head, but it just looks silly, like they're dancing or something. And nothing pisses me off more than getting killed while enemies are dancing -_-. Also while playing through crushing mode, it annoys me on how much the enemies could take so many bullets before they died. Sometimes I'd empty a whole clip from a micro 9mm and they would come out with sunshine and rainbows. I haven't played the easier difficulties though, I guess that's why they call it crushing mode.

The game is awesome though; I just got all the trophies. And from watching the featurettes, you gotta respect Naughty Dog's hard work. It's like watching "the making of..." from a movie DVD.

All the bonus rewards and movie clips were at treat.
I miss when games used to do that sort of thing.

I'm using a treasure guide to get the 20 missing treasures from my regular play on Hard.
Then it's time to do Crushing...

wait, I'm confused. So let's say I beat the game on Medium. I get 30 trophies and then I want to play on Hard. When I go to start the new games, do I transfer over my medals, rewards or not? I want to make sure I get all the trophies.

[quote name='Warner1281']wait, I'm confused. So let's say I beat the game on Medium. I get 30 trophies and then I want to play on Hard. When I go to start the new games, do I transfer over my medals, rewards or not? I want to make sure I get all the trophies.[/quote]

You can transfer your medals and so forth and be just fine. I transferred my stuff from my finished hard file to my new crushing file, and have picked up trophies and everything.

I think some people were having problems with transferring medals and such to a file they completed before the patch update (they couldn't get trophies). But since your file was after the update (since you said you got trophies), it wouldn't be a problem to transfer stats.

i actually had almost every medal before this update (just missing the crushing one) but i still really enjoyed doing it all over again
this game should be a model for all single-player games, sure its short but its fun to play through more than once and its packed with unlockables to keep you interested in the game

I finished the game on Hard last night, unlocking all but the Crushing trophy. Definitely seemed a lot more fun on my second playthrough and had less trouble getting stuck in parts that I had trouble with on my first playthrough. Going through Crushing now, hopefully it won't be too bad!

Yay for Platinum!

One word of advice on hard/crushing... don't use cover. Standing behind a barrier and using L3 to change shoulders is much more effective.

Finally beat the game on crushing and it is so good and challenging even though I felt like breaking my controller to pieces at certain times. Now that I got the platinum I'm going back to Pixeljunk Eden and the newly purchased Bionic Commando. Everyone should experience the crushing difficulty at least once.

Hey guys I'm playing on hard but I accidentally level selected chapter 8 on hard mode instead of hitting continue. I already got to this point before in hard. If I complete the game from this point in hard will I still unlock crushing?

[quote name='miyamotofreak']Hey guys I'm playing on hard but I accidentally level selected chapter 8 on hard mode instead of hitting continue. I already got to this point before in hard. If I complete the game from this point in hard will I still unlock crushing?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you will, as long as you will have (eventually) completed all the chapters on the hard difficulty.

Played through the game over the course of last week on a rental from Gamefly. Overall I thought the game was pretty good. Definitely on the short side, and I found some of the jumping puzzles a little repetitive after a while. A perfect rental game...but I wouldn't consider it a full price game. I'd say it's a $20-$30 game and then probably trade in or sell. Not a ton of replay value, but worth playing through and getting some trophies. ;)

i have to still get the 2 trophies that include killing 5 people with one punch after softening them up with gunfire, have to beat the game in hard and crushing, and of course the platinum. It's gonna take me forever to get the first 2 trophies i listed though. I think i've only been able to successfully kill 2 people that way through my 2 times through thus far. I'll have to wait a bit to finish, just leant uncharted to my friend, so he can get some trophies.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']i have to still get the 2 trophies that include killing 5 people with one punch after softening them up with gunfire, have to beat the game in hard and crushing, and of course the platinum. It's gonna take me forever to get the first 2 trophies i listed though. I think i've only been able to successfully kill 2 people that way through my 2 times through thus far. I'll have to wait a bit to finish, just leant uncharted to my friend, so he can get some trophies.[/quote]

An easy way to do that is start a new game on Easy, and to run up to a bad guy, press Square then R1 then finally Square again.

I only have 2 trophies to get (Crushing, Platinum) but I don't feel like doing it. It seems like a chore to have to go through something extremely tough for little reward.

[quote name='knightsdwn']An easy way to do that is start a new game on Easy, and to run up to a bad guy, press Square then R1 then finally Square again.[/quote]

Thanks, i'll have to try that after i get my game back in a week or two.

Just got the Platinum trophy about ~1 hour ago. Steel Fist Expert was the last trophy I had to earn.

Despite playing the game three times (normal, hard, crushing), the game actually got easier with each run and earning the trophies didn't feel like too much of a chore.

Great game and I can't wait for Uncharted 2.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Just got the Platinum trophy about ~1 hour ago. Steel Fist Expert was the last trophy I had to earn.

Despite playing the game three times (normal, hard, crushing), the game actually got easier with each run and earning the trophies didn't feel like too much of a chore.

Great game and I can't wait for Uncharted 2.[/quote]
Truth... I did two runs (Hard and Crushing) and breezed through Crushing.:lol:

Damn, i posted my Uncharted questions in the Overall Trophy thread... but this thread got a lot info! Too bad that i already resolved most...

Here's a quick question, i wish i can verify this right now, but i'm at work...

Is there such thing as God Mode? I kinda searched for "unlock weapons in Uncharted"

Unlock God Mode:
Press L1 + R1 + L2 + R2 + Select + Start.

Unlock ALL Weapons:

Unlock Unlimited Ammo:

It seems too good to be true...

[quote name='Serpentor']NM... the codes are fake :([/QUOTE]

LOL, nub. Codes are 4 da weak! ;)

Getting the trophies for "X kills w/ Y weapon" can be a pain, but running through the game two times on hard and crushing should get you them w/o much additional effort.

I hate the uzis though -- they are a horrible alternative to the pistols.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Am I reading those codes right? They're all the same, which would be a sign that they may be fake right off the bat.[/QUOTE]

They button presses for the codes are pressure sensitive. Sometimes you press hard, while other times you press Super Duper Hard®.

I don't think i can do crushing... one shot you're dead, right? That's too much... How about those mutants? One scratch and you're dead too (on Crushing mode)? I haven't even unlock Crushing yet :(

[quote name='Serpentor']I don't think i can do crushing... one shot you're dead, right? That's too much... How about those mutants? One scratch and you're dead too (on Crushing mode)? I haven't even unlock Crushing yet :([/quote]
You can take more than one hit on Crushing. There are a few bottlenecks (i.e. the cathedral) but it's not too bad if you take your time.

Yeah, one shot from some things (like an in the face shotgun/sniper) and you're dead, but it's easy enough to avoid those things. You can take a few regular shots before dying.
I think the mutants are one scratch and you're dead (I think they almost are on hard as well), but if you take your time and shot from the hip in a few places (almost anywhere where you can't bottleneck them) it's not that hard.

Cool, i'm gonna do Crushing, i need 100% :) thanks for the encouragements guys/gals.

P.S. Killing 50 bad guys w/o dying trophy CANNOT be achieved by restarting the chapter, i.e. restart the Ambushed chapter 10 times after killing 5 bad dudes will not unlock that trophy. It's a easy enough trophy, but no easy way to get it (just don't die, play the parts where you don't have to jump around).

[quote name='Serpentor']Cool, i'm gonna do Crushing, i need 100% :) thanks for the encouragements guys/gals.

P.S. Killing 50 bad guys w/o dying trophy CANNOT be achieved by restarting the chapter, i.e. restart the Ambushed chapter 10 times after killing 5 bad dudes will not unlock that trophy. It's a easy enough trophy, but no easy way to get it (just don't die, play the parts where you don't have to jump around).[/quote]
Probably the easiest way to get the 50 without dying is playing on easy and taking your time.

I got 50 by the end of the game when the "special" creatures keep spawning in the Generator room at the Nazi bunker. The mission you have to activate the generators.

Easy to kill and they keep coming

Oddly enough, the hardest parts on Crushing are early on in the game, ie. the water room and crash site. Thankfully, there are exploits to make them less painful. The water room glitch, in particular, makes it a breeze.

Did anyone thought the game got better when they pulled out the supernatural enemies? I didn't, hated them (made you run-and-gun) and the bunker environments blocked all the immersive foliage with Dark Sector-esque level design (not a good compliment). I at least hope the supernatural enemies don't return in the sequel. Oh, and the boss part, please tell me Naughty Dog was rushed when they did that.

[quote name='OatmealMu']Oddly enough, the hardest parts on Crushing are early on in the game, ie. the water room and crash site. Thankfully, there are exploits to make them less painful. The water room glitch, in particular, makes it a breeze.[/quote]
Water room... if that's what I think it was, yeah, that was annoying, once I got it down it wasn't too bad, but there's a glitch?

[quote name='mguiddy']Water room... if that's what I think it was, yeah, that was annoying, once I got it down it wasn't too bad, but there's a glitch?[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the order in which you kill the first three guys in the water room. If you take out the two guys on the elevated platforms, you can delay the release of the next wave of enemies. So you can move into position in preparation for wave 2, and then kill the last guy from the first wave. Made things so much easier.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I think he's referring to the order in which you kill the first three guys in the water room. If you take out the two guys on the elevated platforms, you can delay the release of the next wave of enemies. So you can move into position in preparation for wave 2, and then kill the last guy from the first wave. Made things so much easier.[/quote]
Oh... that's pretty much how I figured to do it.
I thought it was something like how enemies wouldn't seem to go past a certain area or something.

[quote name='OatmealMu']Oddly enough, the hardest parts on Crushing are early on in the game, ie. the water room and crash site. Thankfully, there are exploits to make them less painful. The water room glitch, in particular, makes it a breeze.[/QUOTE]

There was a boss? lmao

Staying alive killing enemies is easy enough (especially on EASY mode), but one missed grip/jump and die is annoying (resetting the trophy counter that is). After exploring the U-boat, you can pretty much dash through the enemies (killing them of course) till jumping over the gate toward the waterfalls (which by then you killed enough to earn the trophy).

I actually find the mutant part quite good (really spook up the pace). I hate the dark bunker rooms (compliment actually), spooky as hell! I still remember the first time i played the Bunker chapter, man, creepy...

The toughest fight for me is the part where you have to fight both mutants and soldiers... Everybody is killing each other... In Crushing mode, can you just wait till the "war" is over and just kill the Snipers :) ?

[quote name='Serpentor']The toughest fight for me is the part where you have to fight both mutants and soldiers... Everybody is killing each other... In Crushing mode, can you just wait till the "war" is over and just kill the Snipers :) ?[/quote]
Pretty much.
The soldiers win most of the time, so I helped the mutants.:lol:

[quote name='Ecofreak']I think he's referring to the order in which you kill the first three guys in the water room. If you take out the two guys on the elevated platforms, you can delay the release of the next wave of enemies. So you can move into position in preparation for wave 2, and then kill the last guy from the first wave. Made things so much easier.[/QUOTE]

Never heard about that one.

The glitch I'm talking about is the one where you approach the ledge but don't jump down. Instead, run all the way back to the Jeep-like vehicle. When you return to the water room, enemies will spawn while you're still on the ledge. Easy pickings.

[quote name='OatmealMu']Never heard about that one.

The glitch I'm talking about is the one where you approach the ledge but don't jump down. Instead, run all the way back to the Jeep-like vehicle. When you return to the water room, enemies will spawn while you're still on the ledge. Easy pickings.[/quote]
What... all the enemies or just the first wave?
Either way, that would have made it a lot easier.

All of them. Once you kill one wave, the next comes out as if you were in the room. The last group can push you off the ledge as they're coming in, though.

Crushing keeps kicking my ass :mad:

I keep getting killed by one rifle burst or two shots from a pistol, I've been able to slowly hack through the game, but man, it makes some of the little annoyances of this game really stand out, since they end up getting me killed :/

bread's done
Back