Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - OUT NOW - Trophy Patch Released!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']For Sony's first party standards, the game hasn't been out long enough. Around the Holiday season, it may be a GH.[/quote]
It came out a week after Assassin's Creed, which is one of the first GH games. I guess it probably sold well enough that they would've been stupid to not let it through. I imagine Uncharted will make the second wave with say Ratchet & Clank.

[quote name='cartman58']So lame that they aren't retroactive.[/quote]
If they were, they'd be at the cost of having unlocked save files that you can download from any source.

I know someone who liked the game enough to beat it, but not master it to unlock the cool filter effects you can get, so he downloaded a 100% save to see those features.

Pros and Cons to both scenarios.

I have 4 Trophies thus far (3 Bronze, 1 Silver). I was surprised to find that some of the Trophies are "???" ones. I hate Secret Achievements/Trophies. Also, I might have a Trophy exploit here: Get to the final area, save, beat the game, save on a different save file, load up the first save, change the difficulty, beat the game again. I'd like to see what happens there since you can change the Difficulty of the game on the fly.

How do you view another user's trophies? I don't see them in the PSN drop-downs under CAG usernames. Also, if I click on the link to a user's PSN page I get redirected to my own PSN profile.

Guess I will be back working on this again tonight. I have about 75% of the medals in the game before so I should be shooting for the platinum on this game.

[quote name='NTolerance']How do you view another user's trophies? I don't see them in the PSN drop-downs under CAG usernames. Also, if I click on the link to a user's PSN page I get redirected to my own PSN profile.[/quote]
XMB-only at the moment.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have 4 Trophies thus far (3 Bronze, 1 Silver). I was surprised to find that some of the Trophies are "???" ones. I hate Secret Achievements/Trophies. Also, I might have a Trophy exploit here: Get to the final area, save, beat the game, save on a different save file, load up the first save, change the difficulty, beat the game again. I'd like to see what happens there since you can change the Difficulty of the game on the fly.[/quote]

You won't get the trophy if you change the difficulty at any point in the game. This was true of the medal and since the trophies are tied to the medals, I'm certain you wouldn't get the trophy.

To let everyone know, if you notice your trophy NOT displaying on your profile, you gotta check your trophies on the XMB to synchronize first. I wondered why it wasn't showing, until I did it.

This'll be good to play through again anyways, since i recently got a DS3, and havent played Uncharted since I got it/

I've got a huge backlog....and now the trophies aren't retroactive?

Kinda lame, but at least they we got some for the game.

Better than nothing. I'll get around to it eventually.

Man, this game is such a blast. I love playing through it again.
I already have about 6 trophies and I just started chapter 4.
I looked at my trophy collection, but when I look at my profile, it still says I have 0 trophies...

[quote name='Azumangaman']Man, this game is such a blast. I love playing through it again.
I looked at my trophy collection, but when I look at my profile, it still says I have 0 trophies...[/quote]
You can sync it from within the game by just comparing your trophies with somebody on your friends list.

[quote name='dallow']If they were, they'd be at the cost of having unlocked save files that you can download from any source.

I know someone who liked the game enough to beat it, but not master it to unlock the cool filter effects you can get, so he downloaded a 100% save to see those features.

Pros and Cons to both scenarios.[/quote]

I really think they need to lock all PS3 saves, but somehow have a way the person can back them up. The whole "oh noes! Downloaded saves" is the lamest and weakest excuses I have heard. Just came out and say it straight up: "we can't figure out how to do it. we don't want to do it. it takes too long." You can download saves for 360 games but I don't see Microsoft using that excuse.

[quote name='Blackout542']I really think they need to lock all PS3 saves, but somehow have a way the person can back them up. The whole "oh noes! Downloaded saves" is the lamest and weakest excuses I have heard. Just came out and say it straight up: "we can't figure out how to do it. we don't want to do it. it takes too long." You can download saves for 360 games but I don't see Microsoft using that excuse.[/quote]
All they have to do is tie them to your PSN account.
Ala Burnout.

Since the game isn't online, they didn't really think about that at the time.

[quote name='jling84']You won't get the trophy if you change the difficulty at any point in the game. This was true of the medal and since the trophies are tied to the medals, I'm certain you wouldn't get the trophy.[/quote]

I'm afraid not. I know I changed the difficulty from Normal to Easy more than halfway through and I got the Beat the Game on Easy Medal.

[quote name='dallow']All they have to do is tie them to your PSN account.
Ala Burnout.

Since the game isn't online, they didn't really think about that at the time.[/quote]

Yeah that would work. My RSV2 save file is locked. What's Sony's excuse for that?

Anyone know the answer to my previous question? I know pre-Trophy Uncharted, if you beat the game on Normal, you also unlocked the treasure for beating it on the easier difficulty. Any one know if it's the same post-Trophy Uncharted?

Awesome!

I grabbed this a month or two ago, when it was on sale for $29.99 (and I have gift cards). Was waiting for the patch to be released before I played it.

I played for an hour and am at Chapter 5. Well the last battle of Chapter 4 before chapter 5. I have 8 trophies.
Man, I love this game.
I shouldn't have any problem going through the game again on the highest difficulty (except for the fact that the game will be really hard).

[quote name='Azumangaman']Man, this game is such a blast. I love playing through it again.
I looked at my trophy collection, but when I look at my profile, it still says I have 0 trophies...[/quote]

Compare trophies with a friend, then look at your profile - it will be updated by then (at least, that worked for me). Probably doesn't send any info to the PSN when a Trophy is acquired, so it doesn't show in your profile until you do something that sends the data to the server.

At least out of the games to get Trophies so far, it's finally a good game. I'm hoping that with Warhawk being GH, and Uncharted being Platinum (GH in UK), sets a trend for the other games to get the GH/P "rebranding". I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Ninja Gaiden Sigma received a patch.

I think as more people get exposed to trophies, the more it'll catch on. I remember when the 360 launched, all the games had 'Achievements', but not too many people followed them. After a while (and many friends lists being maxed out), they became one of the biggest "love/hate" things in gaming.

As patches are released for more games, you'll see more people getting into them (because they'll actually have trophies to compare). It was the biggest tease to get a trophy update, with no games out of my 12 game library being supported.

I'm using a Treasure Guide. I don't want to miss anything so I can actually play through on the harder difficulties.

I love this game so much and it deserves the trophy system so more people can pick it up and enjoy one of the best games of 2007. This patch has boosted my level to 3 and I can't wait to keep earning those trophies, I know some of them are going to be really hard so I may not be able to get the platinum trophy.

[quote name='Blackout542']I really think they need to lock all PS3 saves, but somehow have a way the person can back them up. The whole "oh noes! Downloaded saves" is the lamest and weakest excuses I have heard. Just came out and say it straight up: "we can't figure out how to do it. we don't want to do it. it takes too long." You can download saves for 360 games but I don't see Microsoft using that excuse.[/QUOTE]You can't download saves on 360. Game saves tie in with your gamertag so regardless (always have since launch), they are worthless. I'll show you GameFAQs for an example:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/home/926632.html

Take a look at Halo 3, not a single tab says "saves". Now take a look at Uncharted on this next link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/home/932984.html

There IS a save tab and there are saves with 100% complete and and where people already collected a lot. Someone COULD just download a save, copy it to their PS3, upload it, and say it's their work. Let's just say if the Uncharted update were to lock a save or tie it to your PSN account in some way. In reality, there's STILL a way around it because someone could download a GameFAQs save BEFORE the update, copy it to their PS3, and get that data save locked. Regardless, that's cheating. The main reason Sony didn't unlock saves in the first place (on the PS3) was because they wanted to make it like the PSP (oh course devs could lock a save if they wanted). Regardless, Sony doesn't want people cheating for trophies. MS doesn't want people cheating for achievements either (Cheaters had their gamerscore reset also).

Although this kind of goes with what I said earlier, let's just say a firmware update locked all saves (I really don't think it's possible since every game is coded differently by developers), someone could have had all downloaded saves in the first place they'd be getting saves they never actually worked on themselves locked, and converted to trophies. I downloaded a save for Resistance, for an example. Previously, most games were not locked, and were not tied into your PSN account. No matter what, if the PSN account was never linked to a datasave (and never locked), there's technically no way of knowing whether it was your save or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']You can't download saves on 360. Game saves tie in with your gamertag so regardless (always have since launch), they are worthless. I'll show you GameFAQs for an example:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/home/926632.html

Take a look at Halo 3, not a single tab says "saves". Now take a look at Uncharted on this next link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/home/932984.html

There IS a save tab and there are saves with 100% complete and and where people already collected a lot. Someone COULD just download a save, copy it to their PS3, upload it, and say it's their work. Let's just say if the Uncharted update were to lock a save or tie it to your PSN account in some way. In reality, there's STILL a way around it because someone could download a GameFAQs save BEFORE the update, copy it to their PS3, and get that data save locked. Regardless, that's cheating. The main reason Sony didn't unlock saves in the first place (on the PS3) was because they wanted to make it like the PSP (oh course devs could lock a save if they wanted). Regardless, Sony doesn't want people cheating for trophies. MS doesn't want people cheating for achievements either (Cheaters had their gamerscore reset also).

Although this kind of goes with what I said earlier, let's just say a firmware update locked all saves (I really don't think it's possible since every game is coded differently by developers), someone could have had all downloaded saves in the first place they'd be getting saves they never actually worked on themselves locked, and converted to trophies. I downloaded a save for Resistance, for an example. Previously, most games were not locked, and were not tied into your PSN account. No matter what, if the PSN account was never linked to a datasave (and never locked), there's technically no way of knowing whether it was your save or not.[/QUOTE]

You've never heard of the "gamesaving" hack on the 360? It's a pretty big thing amongst the gamerscore whores. Remember Mr. Dim?

[quote name='NTolerance']You've never heard of the "gamesaving" hack on the 360? It's a pretty big thing amongst the gamerscore whores. Remember Mr. Dim?[/quote]
Well, that's exactly what Sony and MS try to prevent.

[quote name='NTolerance']You've never heard of the "gamesaving" hack on the 360? It's a pretty big thing amongst the gamerscore whores. Remember Mr. Dim?[/QUOTE]There's that too, but regardless, MS and Sony want to prevent cheating, like dallow said.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']There's that too, but regardless, MS and Sony want to prevent cheating, like dallow said.[/quote]

But, again I will say this, who even cares? Who does their "cheating" affect? Is there some big pot of gold on the other side of the trophy rainbow that I'm unaware of?

Trophies were created as a personal achievement standard. So why should I care if somebody else downloads saves to make themselves look good? They aren't winning a big prize. All I want to do is see the trophies that I've earned by playing and beating their product. Punishing me to stop someone from cheating when it really doesn't affect anyone is just asinine.

[quote name='cartman58']But, again I will say this, who even cares? Who does their "cheating" affect? Is there some big pot of gold on the other side of the trophy rainbow that I'm unaware of?

Trophies were created as a personal achievement standard. So why should I care if somebody else downloads saves to make themselves look good? They aren't winning a big prize. All I want to do is see the trophies that I've earned by playing and beating their product. Punishing me to stop someone from cheating when it really doesn't affect anyone is just asinine.[/quote]:shrugs:
Sony and MS care enough.

If it matters to only you, that's fine. But it's not just personal, it's also public, and shared with the rest of the community.

Should cheaters be allowed to mess with a game and get perfect high scores on leaderboards?

[quote name='dallow']Well, that's exactly what Sony and MS try to prevent.[/quote]

But what if the save is already locked? My Rainbow Six Vegas 2 save is locked. I know I shouldn't expect anything from Ubisoft since they have dropped the ball so many times with RSV 1 & 2, but what's their excuse if the save is already locked? That game is ripe for trophies with it's leveling system and terrorist hunt modes.

OT, this game is so much fun. Anyone know if a sequel is in the works?

[quote name='dallow']
If it matters to only you, that's fine. But it's not just personal, it's also public, and shared with the rest of the community.

Should cheaters be allowed to mess with a game and get perfect high scores on leaderboards?[/quote]

I still don't see the point. Who will you check your trophies and scores with? Friends. If your friend has all of the trophies and got it from a save file, call him a tool. If some random person did it, then I still don't get why you would care? It's almost like there is some e-penis rubbing going on.

You aren't better than somebody at life because you have more trophies, and some guy isn't "teh gr8st gamer in @ll sa verld!" because he downloads completely save files.

My interest is purely to see the trophies that I personally have earned. However, I can't do that purely because MS and Sony feel it's more important to block "cheaters" that hurt no one, and punish me for it.

[quote name='cartman58']I still don't see the point. Who will you check your trophies and scores with? Friends. If your friend has all of the trophies and got it from a save file, call him a tool. If some random person did it, then I still don't get why you would care? It's almost like there is some e-penis rubbing going on.

You aren't better than somebody at life because you have more trophies, and some guy isn't "teh gr8st gamer in @ll sa verld!" because he downloads completely save files.

My interest is purely to see the trophies that I personally have earned. However, I can't do that purely because MS and Sony feel it's more important to block "cheaters" that hurt no one, and punish me for it.[/quote]You're being punished?
Playing videogames is punishment now?

These are silly add ons and extras! For a game that's nearing a year old. One of the lucky few, and maybe the only older title other than Warhawk to even get a trophy patch.

You beat Uncharted right? You got the ingame medals, but now you want the XMB trophies that go with them? Why? To show off? You already "achieved" them. You've proved it to yourself.
Don't punish yourself to get get the trophies you've already won and have stated are meaningless.

[quote name='Blackout542']
OT, this game is so much fun. Anyone know if a sequel is in the works?[/QUOTE]A sequel is most definitely in the works, but most likely won't be out until 2009.
[quote name='cartman58']I still don't see the point. Who will you check your trophies and scores with? Friends. If your friend has all of the trophies and got it from a save file, call him a tool. If some random person did it, then I still don't get why you would care? It's almost like there is some e-penis rubbing going on.

My interest is purely to see the trophies that I personally have earned. However, I can't do that purely because MS and Sony feel it's more important to block "cheaters" that hurt no one, and punish me for it.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry but the few bad people out there always ruin things for ever. It sucks, but it's true.

Sony isn't holding a gun up to your face telling you gotta play through Uncharted again. The choice is yours about playing. I'm just glad Naughty Dog cared about updating unlike some devs who just don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']You're being punished?
Playing videogames is punishment now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, actually. I have simulation sickness and all FPS and I guess "third-person shooters" like Uncharted make me sick. I had to take ginger tablets for weeks to be able to play Uncharted for more than 30 minutes without puking. I played this game because I kept hearing over and over how good it was. So yes, I would considering having to beat it again as punishment.

You beat Uncharted right? You got the ingame medals, but now you want the XMB trophies that go with them? Why? To show off? You already "achieved" them. You've proved it to yourself.
Don't punish yourself to get get the trophies you've already won and have stated are meaningless.

I've sold my copy and honestly don't remember what medals I had. Getting XMB trophies would show me what medals I got. It has nothing to do with showing off.

I never said they were meaningless also. They have meaning if you have earned them. In fact I stated the opposite of meaningless. Look at the trophies as Golden Monkey Head's(Indiana Jones). If I get it, it's because I ran the gauntlet and earned it. If someone else cheats and steals it, what value does it have to them? They didn't play and beat the game, so they did not earn it. It has no meaning/value to them.

[quote name='cartman58']Yes, actually. I have simulation sickness and all FPS and I guess "third-person shooters" like Uncharted make me sick. I had to take ginger tablets for weeks to be able to play Uncharted for more than 30 minutes without puking. I played this game because I kept hearing over and over how good it was. So yes, I would considering having to beat it again as punishment.[/quote]This combined with your avatar made me laugh, sorry. :)

I've sold my copy and honestly don't remember what medals I had. Getting XMB trophies would show me what medals I got. It has nothing to do with showing off.

I never said they were meaningless also. They have meaning if you have earned them. In fact I stated the opposite of meaningless. Look at the trophies as Golden Monkey Head's(Indiana Jones). If I get it, it's because I ran the gauntlet and earned it. If someone else cheats and steals it, what value does it have to them? They didn't play and beat the game, so they did not earn it. It has no meaning/value to them.
Problem solved. You sold the game, so even if they were retroactive, you wouldn't have the game anyway.

I don't remember what trophies I recieved in SSHD, and I won't remember what the trophies were in Uncharted 6 months from now.
I played and got them for the fun of it, and not for punishment.
I'd give you my trophies if I could. As they don't matter once I've achieved them. You beat the game, you "survived" it, that's good enough.

Hmm.

I got my first trophy for finding my first treasure. But then, I didn't receive a trophy for finding five treasures. :whistle2:s

It's not showing up within the game. Syncing didn't do anything...any ideas?

[quote name='Rig']Hmm.

I got my first trophy for finding my first treasure. But then, I didn't receive a trophy for finding five treasures. :whistle2:s

It's not showing up within the game. Syncing didn't do anything...any ideas?[/QUOTE]What your suppose to do is check the trophy itself on the XMB, when you are NOT in-game. Basically, after you are done with Uncharted, eject the game (or quit out of the game), then check trophies on the XMB (while you are on the main XMB). Then they should synch up because it has to do a short processing.

As long as you saw the trophy show up in-game, you are ok.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What your suppose to do is check the trophy itself on the XMB, when you are NOT in-game. Basically, after you are done with Uncharted, eject the game (or quit out of the game), then check trophies on the XMB (while you are on the main XMB). Then they should synch up because it has to do a short processing.

As long as you saw the trophy show up in-game, you are ok.[/quote]

I don't think it even showed up in the game. I remember the upper right corner saying something (prolly the five treasures), but I don't remember any trophy information.

[quote name='Blackout542']But what if the save is already locked? My Rainbow Six Vegas 2 save is locked. I know I shouldn't expect anything from Ubisoft since they have dropped the ball so many times with RSV 1 & 2, but what's their excuse if the save is already locked? That game is ripe for trophies with it's leveling system and terrorist hunt modes.

OT, this game is so much fun. Anyone know if a sequel is in the works?[/quote]
Just because a save's locked, it doesn't mean that trophies are definitely coming. It could be locked just because online info's stored in the save. There's no reason to really make a big deal out of it until they actually something.

[quote name='dallow']Problem solved. You sold the game, so even if they were retroactive, you wouldn't have the game anyway.
[/quote]

:wall:

If they were retroactive I wouldn't NEED the game again. I've already beat it.. Try to stay with me here. Man, I give up.

bread's done
Back