Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - OUT NOW - Trophy Patch Released!

damn.. this game is awesome... overall. Naughty Dog could have improved some of these water movements - ripples, waves. If you can render water you can render anything.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Fun game, loved the little MC Hammer dance the A.I. does to dodge bullets. The only thing that killed it for me was the "curse".[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was like WTF are we playing Far Cry now.....

The ending was a little drawn out and the enemies appearing in secret areas that were just uncovered by Drake was stupid, no getting around that.

I wish there were more creative ways to take out the enemies. The barrels helped and even the traps come mid game. That would have made these enemy battles a lot more fun and creative, or you could go gun crazy and do the normal way if you preferred, but the option would have been nice.

Take for instance Indiana Jones movies, there are lots of enemies, but they are taking out in mass somewhat creatively.

The game was good, but not exceptional. Way too much gun play. I just put mine up for sale but Will recommend it to others in the future. I liked the length as well. I am not looking forward to starting Galaxy or R&C Future.

Beat the game night before last. Just love it. Its my PS3 GOTY for sure. I put it at number three for all my '07 games. I own all the systems and have played most of the big hits on each system from the past year so for me thats saying a lot.

I finished the game a day or two ago after getting it for Christmas. I dabbled a bit in the four games I got (Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Super Mario Galaxy and this) but this is the only one I absolutely couldn't put down. I might even go for a second play through before I go back to Mass Effect.

I'd have to say the last six or so chapters when those things came out were a little disappointing, but the first 80% of the game more than made up for it. I'd say this is just behind COD4 in my best of 2007 list.

I just finished the game myself, and I have to admit it was great. Not too long not too short.. heavily action oriented. The action was so overwhelming at times. But it wasn't frustrating or too difficult. The game was just the right length, a little short, but it didn't feel drawn out, or forced, just for length purposes.

The thing I like about Uncharted is it's actually finished.

The bit about the curse....well....not completely to my taste.

The game, however, feels finished. Not rushed, the ending doesn't feel truncated (*cough* Bioshock *cough*) and isn't completely buggy (*cough* Mass Effect *cough*).

The game feels *complete*.

ND did a great job with this game.

Uncharted 2 is confirmed!

I know Mana knows... But is Naughty Dogs development cycle usually one or two years?

I'm not done with the game yet. I wish you could be more sneaky, I always end up in gun battles even when I'm trying to avoid detection no matter what.

I like the characters because you can have uncharted games in various locations, seeking various tresures. Uncharted could be a very nice series of games.

Can someone snap a quickshot of their TV and game? I just want to compare it to my settings to see if it's supposed to be what it is.

[quote name='whoknows']Is this something you do in game or do you mean with an actual camera?[/QUOTE]
Just snap a picture of your TV when the game is on, unless you can actually do an "in-game" screenshot. But we don't need to get technical, just a snapshot of your TV while the game is playing would be nice.

720p would be nice also :) Don't want to get jealous when I start seeing 1080p :lol:

Thanks guys. I'm only asking because I was messing with my TV settings and I just want to make sure my settings are as accurate as possible compared to other TV's.

I just finished the game yesterday, and it is hands down the best game I have played all year. It was fan-fucking-tastic and I did not want it to end.

I agree 100% with the statement that the game just feels complete. Its been awhile since I have felt that way after playing a game. I thought the part with the curse was great and a nice change of pace enemy wise.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I just finished the game yesterday, and it is hands down the best game I have played all year. It was fan-fucking-tastic and I did not want it to end.

I agree 100% with the statement that the game just feels complete. Its been awhile since I have felt that way after playing a game. I thought the part with the curse was great and a nice change of pace enemy wise.[/QUOTE]Glad you really liked the game too. Uncharted is one of the only games I played in several years which I didn't want to end. Can't wait for Uncharted 2. :D

Really like the game so far. Does anyone else have a problem when using DTS in that when in cut scenes whenver you are looking for the camera's speech cannot be heard?

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Really like the game so far. Does anyone else have a problem when using DTS in that when in cut scenes whenver you are looking for the camera's speech cannot be heard?[/quote]

I did not notice that. Beat the game the other day, and the "curse" didn't really bother me at all. Thought it tied in pretty nice. One of the best games I've played.

I went back and watched the cutscenes again, and they actually do foreshadow "The Curse" fairly well before
the monsters
come out.

Now that I've played some Assassin's Creed, I have to say Uncharted is definitely my PS3 GOTY.

Wow ... this game really blew me away. I know it's old news, but I really enjoyed this game. It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before graphically, and the production values are unparalleled.

I loved the dialogue between the characters, even though it was standard action movie fare. Bravo on an amazing game!

I played the demo. Hated it.

I read the thread and listened to a few other CAGs and found a used copy on the forum. I beat it last night. The demo doesn't do the game near enough justice. I have never come so close to playing a movie. This game could easily be an Indiana Jones movie.

[quote name='decon']Has this game dropped below $59.99 yet? Looking to pick this up soon.[/quote]
It's worth every penny of that $59.99. I humbly suggest that you do not deprive yourself. I suppose you could use the 10% off coupon at GS.

Played and beat Uncharted when it first came out and now I'm itching to run through it again...might have to add it back onto my Gamefly queue.

It's more or less the reason I bought my PS3 when I did...if you're waffling over the price and you have the means, just get it.

I played through the game when it first came out, and when I went back a week ago to play it again, it started crashing on me! I never had those problems on the first run-through!

Finally finished it just now.. this is one of my favorite games of all time. I wanted to trade it in towards Devil May Cry 4, but I don't think I can do it. I just can't part with it. It's that amazing. I had such fun with this game. As others said, it felt like an interactive movie. The lip syncing in cutscenes was very realistic, the dialog (even when you run out of bullets and Nathan says "Crap!"), the dialog between characters (them saying 'thanks' if you help them out), the level of detail.. just.. man. I had so much fun with this. Kudos to the developers, I believe this one is my 2007 GOTY.

Yea I beat it a couple nights ago.

This game is damn awful. Cannot believe you guys like this...

...I'll never play Gundam again.

In other news. I beat Uncharted! Loved it! One of my favorite games of all time. I hope this makes developers create more movie-listic types of games. The cutscenes were amazing, and I love how the game is stuffed full of content. All games should allow you to watch the cutscenes after you beat the game.

But, it was probably just me, but I found the game damn BRUTAL at the end. I put a hole in my wall because I was so frustrated at the end. It was like playing COD on Veteran. Those damn soldiers are accurate as shit.

[quote name='dpf1978']I have it but I've been sitting on it for months. I need to put this in tonight and play it, finally.[/quote]

Same here, I really need to play this, but I just been playing CoD4 too much. Too many games too little time.

Ok, maybe it's just that this game happens to be hitting a sweet spot for me at just the right time, but I love everything about it so far. The graphics are possibly the best I've ever seen in a game, the voice acting is really well done and not just relegated to cut scenes, and I just love the Tomb Raider esque gameplay style. If you're new to the PS3 scene and wondering what to get, I highly recommend you purchase this game. :D

[quote name='zewone']Must have been a slow year for some.[/quote]

Those "some people" are probably ones like myself who don't have time to play 60-80 hour epics. 10-20 hours is ideal for me, so Uncharted and Portal were two of my favorites.

I liked the demo, but the shooting parts really turned me off. I found them difficult. I'll buy the game if I can ever find a good deal on it, but so far there haven't been any.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ok, maybe it's just that this game happens to be hitting a sweet spot for me at just the right time, but I love everything about it so far. The graphics are possibly the best I've ever seen in a game, the voice acting is really well done and not just relegated to cut scenes, and I just love the Tomb Raider esque gameplay style. If you're new to the PS3 scene and wondering what to get, I highly recommend you purchase this game. :D[/QUOTE]Totally agreed, especially about "hitting a sweet spot." While no one specific aspect of the game blew me away, the package at a whole felt fresh and exciting from start to finish. I especially liked the characters and story. They came across as having a real personality, and the voice acting definitely helped with this.

To address the comment about the demo: I also didn't really like the combat in the demo, but in the full game it grew on me pretty quickly. Definitely could have used just a bit more polish though.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ok, maybe it's just that this game happens to be hitting a sweet spot for me at just the right time, but I love everything about it so far. The graphics are possibly the best I've ever seen in a game, the voice acting is really well done and not just relegated to cut scenes, and I just love the Tomb Raider esque gameplay style. If you're new to the PS3 scene and wondering what to get, I highly recommend you purchase this game. :D[/quote]

I just finished this game last night and I couldn't agree more. I wish that the PS3 had a bigger install base (not saying its small but 360 size) so more people could enjoy this game. It really was amazing and I couldn't be more impressed by the graphics and gameplay. I went into the game thinking it would be decent and than I came out of the game not wanting to put it down to see what was going to happen next. I really still am amazed by the graphical quality of everything, from level design, to animation (some of the best), to character design; all was stellar. Anyone who says otherwise really has no right calling themselves a gamer. I put this up there with ICO, SOTC, and Okami in terms of fun and overall gameplay.

Although I really enjoyed this game, I have to say it was my 2nd favorite behind Ratchet. The game was my favorite until the plot twist at the end, it ruined it for me.
because it made the game feel more like a survival horror game than a Action/Adventure which I did
Either way, the graphics, the story, the gunplay, the animation, the gameplay, the puzzle solving, the adventuring, the voice-acting all make it a great game that anyone should play.

and Reiji, I just simply think it's difficult for people to fathom that there might actually be good games to play on the PS3.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Psst don't feed the Zew.[/quote]

We all know what happened to Seymour.

audrey2.jpg

Zewone, you should just realize that, *gasp!* people actually have opinions other than yours that are perfectly valid. So frankly if you don't like the fact that he likes a game, just don't bother reading or posting this thread. There's plenty of other threads to read and post in. Or, at the very least you could construct a good argument about why you don't like the game, like other posters have. Otherwise, what you're doing is little more than trolling.

I played the demo and really liked the graphics. I didn't care for the gunplay and the running made me dizzy. FPS usually get me dizzy, not third person games.

Is the full game better?

bread's done
Back