Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Very, very incorrect. You only have access to them for as long as you maintain a subscription to Plus. As soon as your Plus lapses, they disappear from your account, and the copies you already have downloaded refuse to open.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...I was not aware of this. I suppose it makes sense. I'll probably still go ahead and use my voucher. If I feel that what Playstation+ brings to the table is worth it, perhaps I will sign up for a longer subscription. In the meantime, a month would probably be enough to play through several of those games. (not Final Fantasy Tactics, though)

[quote name='Seraphinianus']hey look, it's "you don't actually own PS+ games" guy.

Yes. Everybody knows.

Most people don't care.

Physical copies are something that a few forum gamers obsess over. But normal people don't feel an attachment to their copy of Uncharted after they're done with it.[/QUOTE]

Hey "newbie" guy - you're wrong. Read the actual thread - people DON'T know. You should really spend more than a week on the site before posting snarky comments that are worthless.

I paid $200 for a mint wifi Vita with 5 games last month. I JUST sold Uncharted and Gravity Rush last week along with MGS HD to bring my cost down to $140. Now I can play those games for free? Awesome! And FF Tactics is part of the deal? Jimminy Christmas, that's fantastic!

[quote name='Seraphinianus']hey look, it's "you don't actually own PS+ games" guy.

Yes. Everybody knows.

Most people don't care.

Physical copies are something that a few forum gamers obsess over. But normal people don't feel an attachment to their copy of Uncharted after they're done with it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with the last statement. I own all 3 of the free Vita games as retail. But I still think this is great. I don't plan on getting rid of mine, but this gives me the option to play those 3 great games without having to swap cards, making gaming on the go easier.

Plus if you play the game with PS+ and really enjoy it, just backup the save and when you buy the retail copy get the save back (provided you can get PS+ for a small amount of time).

I don't see them as a free rental. I see them as me owning the game for a year and then trading it back in. At 5 games this month and hopefully another 40 or so titles a year from now, that's $1 a game.

[quote name='WilliamG']Just remember, think of these games as free RENTALS. These games are not free to own, at all.

Also, this really is better for Sony than the consumer. They get to sell you some not-cheap memory cards, and a subscription service, and they give you... free rentals.

I like my Vita, but PS+ will never interest me the way it's set up currently.[/QUOTE]

Well, even if we use your argument, it's still a cheap rental service. I'm not really sure what you're looking for.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I didn't even know Quantom Conundrum was on the list!? That's awesome! Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Quantum Conundrum is coming later today whenever the store updates

[quote name='WilliamG']Just remember, think of these games as free RENTALS. These games are not free to own, at all.

Also, this really is better for Sony than the consumer. They get to sell you some not-cheap memory cards, and a subscription service, and they give you... free rentals.

I like my Vita, but PS+ will never interest me the way it's set up currently.[/QUOTE]
I really don't understand why people come in to post these things. Why bother checking a thread about something you'll never be interested in?

I have PS+ into May, 2014 and spent a total of $65 for those three years. I got ~$50 back today by selling physical copies of Uncharted and Gravity Rush on Vita and RE5 Gold on PS3. People who don't see the value of the service aren't paying attention frankly.

[quote name='jayntampa']Yeah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, because this is a good deal - but, it's not a free game, it's a free lease on a game. The lease expires with your subscription and you lose the game. So, yeah, I'd still rather have a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from but I own Gravity Rush (sealed) which I would play and then sell off anyway. So now I can sell it but still have it to play. Plus I'm already a PS+ member so no extra $$$ out of pocket = sweet! The way I look at it is if I play something and it's so amazing I'll want to play it again I can always buy it again and probably at a cheaper price.

I don't think there are many people arguing the value of the service. I even said that I think it's a great deal; people should just be aware it's a lease and that they have to continue to pay to keep the games. That's all. It's all based on your own personal value assessment.

[quote name='d8onausa']I have PS+ into May, 2014 and spent a total of $65 for those three years. I got ~$50 back today by selling physical copies of Uncharted and Gravity Rush on Vita and RE5 Gold on PS3. People who don't see the value of the service aren't paying attention frankly.[/QUOTE]

This X 1000

Pisses me off when ppl say I dont own the games. Im paid off through july 2014, and Im getting free games weekly, discounts up the wazoo, and if in 1.5 years I for some reason dont renew, I dont even think ill be touching any of the games anyway since ive had years to play them

[quote name='d8onausa']I have PS+ into May, 2014 and spent a total of $65 for those three years. I got ~$50 back today by selling physical copies of Uncharted and Gravity Rush on Vita and RE5 Gold on PS3. People who don't see the value of the service aren't paying attention frankly.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually planning on doing just this. Where did you trade them in? Best I'm seeing for them would net me like $35ish.

PS+ is by far the best gaming service out there. I have my current subscription until late 2014 so I'm content with the service. Besides if I play a game, and I don't like it; I can just delete the game from HDD and call it a day. No harm no foul.

I don't see how you spent $65 on 3 years, when it's $150 for me for 3 years, unless I missed something? And, seriously, quoting some deal you got whenever it was is really helpful to people on the fence NOW about getting PS+, right?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Quantum Conundrum is coming later today whenever the store updates[/QUOTE]

Thank you good sir! I'll be downloading that game when I get home later on. Thanks again for the heads up!

[quote name='jayntampa']Yeah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, because this is a good deal - but, it's not a free game, it's a free lease on a game. The lease expires with your subscription and you lose the game. So, yeah, I'd still rather have a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

You're right, and hopefully everyone understands this. But the cost of the "lease" is less than $5 per month. Making it infinitely renewable at present time to pretty much anyone that has any source of income.

Most people are done with any game after a few weeks anyway. It would cost more than the subscription to buy and play all those games, even if you traded them in after you were done.

3 of the top 7 threads on CAG at the moment are currently discussing this. Think maybe we can get 1 or 2 of these closed down/merged?

[quote name='WilliamG']I don't see how you spent $65 on 3 years, when it's $150 for me for 3 years, unless I missed something? And, seriously, quoting some deal you got whenever it was is really helpful to people on the fence NOW about getting PS+, right?[/QUOTE]

i spent about 150 on 10 years with the target screw up

[quote name='WilliamG']I don't see how you spent $65 on 3 years, when it's $150 for me for 3 years, unless I missed something? And, seriously, quoting some deal you got whenever it was is really helpful to people on the fence NOW about getting PS+, right?[/QUOTE]

You missed out man. Target had a pricing error that marked the PS+ 1 Year cards to ~$15. I bought four of them, and I sold two. Then I received a year from that IGN promo. I think they were $39.99 at one point.

[quote name='traxstar']i spent about 150 on 10 years with the target screw up[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You missed out man. Target had a pricing error that marked the PS+ 1 Year cards to ~$15. I bought four of them, and I sold two. Then I received a year from that IGN promo. I think they were $39.99 at one point.[/QUOTE]

Again, how does this help people NOW? 3 years = $150 (+tax?)

If it wasn't for 360 exclusives like Halo and...whatever else I would've stopped paying for XBL a long long time ago. Even their gold deals aren't as good as the deals you get on PS3. PS+ was already worth it when it was offering free and discounted games for the PS3 and now, with the Vita, is just icing on a already delicious cake.

[quote name='WilliamG']Again, how does this help people NOW? 3 years = $150 (+tax?)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help now, but I was just informing him about the situation. The only deal that I can recall now is the $15 off coupon at Best Buy in the COD Mag. Other than it's pretty much MSRP of $49.99 for one year.

Great announcement! I took advantage of Walmart's "Buy 3 vita titles for $40", so I do own a few of these from that, but no complaining here. Anything that adds to the already great value of PS+ is excellent in my opinion. I'm already planning on downloading JSR, and not having to dig out my PSP UMD version of FFT? Sweet! :)

Uncharted golden abyss only trades in for $6, guess ill keep my hard copy then. Anybody know what it trades in for at gamestop?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It doesn't help now, but I was just informing him about the situation. The only deal that I can recall now is the $15 off coupon at Best Buy in the COD Mag. Other than it's pretty much MSRP of $49.99 for one year.[/QUOTE]
The latest @Gamer magazine has a coupon for $5 off the CoD magazine, so that would be effectively $10 off the sub if you have it.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Uncharted golden abyss only trades in for $6, guess ill keep my hard copy then. Anybody know what it trades in for at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

$12 as of 10/31

[quote name='jacknicklson']$12 as of 10/31[/QUOTE]

I called GS a little bit ago and was given the Uncharted GA TIV of $10 :(. I locked mine in at Amazon a little while ago for $18.90, but it looks as if it went down quite a bit.

I have played none of those games other than FFT. This is like Christmas come early. AWESOME.

Fantastic news,, can't wait to pick up Wipeout and Jet Set. I have the others, which were good picks as well. Hope we get a good rotation going on these, but a fantastic start.

[quote name='sharpeone']I called GS a little bit ago and was given the Uncharted GA TIV of $10 :(. I locked mine in at Amazon a little while ago for $18.90, but it looks as if it went down quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is definitely a copy that's better off selling on Ebay or another marketplace. I just managed to sell mine on Ebay for $25 before fees - so I'll net like $20.

So I have an extra 30 day ps+ trial that i dont need. I wana trade it for bo2 nuketown zombies so if anyone wants it let me know!

[quote name='PDJ']I have played none of those games other than FFT. This is like Christmas come early. AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

You are in for a treat. Uncharted is very good and Gravity Rush starts off strong, but became a chore about 2/3s the way through it.

It's ok. I got like 5 years of PSN plus to the cheap thanks to Target. :D

Quick noob question. I have a Vita but not a PS3 and I'd like to take advantage of the free PS3 games since they'll probably expire in a month or two or so. Is there anyway to acquire these games now and then play them when I get a PS3 or do I have to own the PS3 to be able to lock in the free PS3 games? I hope that question makes sense...

[quote name='sharpeone']I called GS a little bit ago and was given the Uncharted GA TIV of $10 :(. I locked mine in at Amazon a little while ago for $18.90, but it looks as if it went down quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Better than the generous $3.00 BB is offering. :lol:

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Quick noob question. I have a Vita but not a PS3 and I'd like to take advantage of the free PS3 games since they'll probably expire in a month or two or so. Is there anyway to acquire these games now and then play them when I get a PS3 or do I have to own the PS3 to be able to lock in the free PS3 games? I hope that question makes sense...[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm a noob myself, nope. I know what you mean though, kinda like how Xbox Live has the site you can access from a computer and add things to your download queue. PSN doesn't have anything like that and you need to access it through a PS3.

If Sony included a year of PS+ with a new vita I'd be extremely tempted to go out and buy one. But they won't do anything this smart.

Regardless, most people keep PS+ because they release new games every month. And ever since E3 they are releasing full retail games more and more. It easy to see the benefit, especially when compared to XBL imo.

[quote name='barrit']Unless I'm a noob myself, nope. I know what you mean though, kinda like how Xbox Live has the site you can access from a computer and add things to your download queue. PSN doesn't have anything like that and you need to access it through a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's what I figured. Looks like it's finally time to buy a PS3 (probably for Black Friday)

bread's done
Back