Uncharted PS4 Announced

Pretty sure this is going to be day 1 for me. I am a little tired of the Uncharted formula but it's a new generation, right?

Im feeling like we wont be playing as Drake in this, could be completely wrong though of course.

they wont do a new IP until the end of the gen. ps4 needs heavy hitter games with established IPs early on.
True. Maybe the other team might come out with a new IP later, but I would like a sequel to The Last of US from them to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im feeling like we wont be playing as Drake in this, could be completely wrong though of course.

True. Maybe the other team might come out with a new IP later, but I would like a sequel to The Last of US from them to be honest.
its not uncharted without drake. the voice you heard in the video was probably the main villain in the game.

there will without a doubt be the last of us 2. after uncharted 4 and the last of us 2 are made, then possibly a new IP will come out, or they will bring back jak.

Naughty Dog showed that they can have 2 teams working at the same time making excellent games.  This should be no different.  Keep pumping out Uncharted's and new IPs.

Hopefully there will be an "hd" collection of th 1-3 on the PS4.

I think a reboot would have been pretty cool actually. A rebirth for a new gaming era. Go the MGS-ish route in the way that they're suddenly heavily featuring Big Boss as their first steps into the next gen.

Man, I was really hoping for something more from the trailer but I'm excited nonetheless. 

I think ND peaked already though... I don't see how they could possibly top Uncharted 2 (or LoU) but they're clearly talented. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully there will be an "hd" collection of th 1-3 on the PS4.
NO!!!!!!! Just No

I kinda want to see a new IP from Naughty Dog. I'm kind of surprised they didn't make The Last of Us a PS4 launch title. I mean ND let Crash Bandicoot die after the PS1, Jak and Daxter died after the PS2, and to be completely honest - Uncharted should have died with the close of the PS3

NO!!!!!!! Just No

I kinda want to see a new IP from Naughty Dog. I'm kind of surprised they didn't make The Last of Us a PS4 launch title. I mean ND let Crash Bandicoot die after the PS1, Jak and Daxter died after the PS2, and to be completely honest - Uncharted should have died with the close of the PS3
I understand jak and daxter and crash have a solid fanbase.... but you can't compare those titles to Uncharted. Uncharted sells really well---you have to understand why they'd continue the franchise.

I understand jak and daxter and crash have a solid fanbase.... but you can't compare those titles to Uncharted. Uncharted sells really well---you have to understand why they'd continue the franchise.
I'm pretty sure Jak and Daxter sold well too (seeing as all of them made by ND got that coveted "Greatest Hits" brand), but they threw that straight into the dumpster as soon as the PS3 hit shelves.

Actually, that's one thing I admire about Insomniac Games. They continue to support the Ratchet and Clank series (which I LOVE btw) and use that as a steady stream of money so they can take risks on new IPs. Alright, neither Resistance or Fuse set the world on fire, but they tried something different. And you do have to credit them on releasing the ONLY quality PS3 launch title. I have a feeling ND is going to milk the Uncharted series up until the Playstation 7 when they finally have their billions of dollars and can take some risks. I wouldn't exactly call TLoU a risk either. It was a 3rd person zombie shooter... How was that not guaranteed to sell like mad?

Oh, and I won't be buying this new Uncharted right away either. I was burned too badly by Uncharted 3 and that PSVita one that I couldn't bring myself to play for more than 40 minutes. Good thing I got it free with PS+

This game has to be a kart racer. It went crash 1, 2, 3, then team racing. Then it went jak 1, 2, 3, then Jak X: combat racing.

Yeah, Uncharted was pretty much the defining game for the PS3. For the PS2 era, Jak, Spy and Ratchet all sort of shared the spot light.

I can definitely feel how some people were burned out after Uncharted 3 but after playing LoU, it was pretty clear that they didn't have their best talent on Un3. I think ND is a good enough studio that they'll take their miscues from Un3 and at least try to make improvements upon it.

NO!!!!!!! Just No

I wasn't talking about not making a new IP. I just want the 3 Uncharted's on one disc.

I wasn't talking about not making a new IP. I just want the 3 Uncharted's on one disc.
And that's what I was giving you a big, fat "NO" to. Why the fuck would we need "HD" ports of games that are already HD? And try to follow me here - Instead of "remastering" the 3 already HD games into some sort of PS4/Super PC hybrid "HD", Naughty Dog should focus on a new IP for the new console generation.... Got it?

I'm pretty sure Jak and Daxter sold well too (seeing as all of them made by ND got that coveted "Greatest Hits" brand), but they threw that straight into the dumpster as soon as the PS3 hit shelves.
not that well. jak and daxter was like 3.5 mil. jak II was around 2.5 and jak 3 was barely over a million

bread's done
Back