Uncut Raw SOTM

Kelley Stoltz - Below the Branches

Pretty good stuff, though nothing spectacular. Seeing him live on Friday when my friend opens for him and the Dirtbombs. Should be fun, hopefully I'll get backstage and meet him.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Silversun Pickups - Pikul[/QUOTE]

How does it compare to Carnavas? I've heard wildly varying opinions of its quality.

[quote name='strummerbs']How does it compare to Carnavas? I've heard wildly varying opinions of its quality.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say. Pikul, like most debuts, is a lil' dirtier and noisier, which I like. It also shows you how SSP got to the kind of songwriting heard on Carnavas. I'd like the EP more if it was a full-length, but that's hardly a worthy negative.

Or, simply put, it's not as well-rounded or cohesive as Carnavas.

Braille - The IV Edition (album)
Sharlok Poems - Blooming Sounds (album)
Mr. J. Medeiros - Of Gods and Girls (album)
Archetype - Unfolding (album)
Nomak - Calm (album)

[quote name='strummerbs']Parts & Labor - Stay Afraid

Liquid and Brak - You NEED this[/QUOTE]
Downloading now~ Buying from the store now~

[quote name='strummerbs']Parts & Labor - Stay Afraid

Liquid and Brak - You NEED this[/QUOTE]

Just started it. It's off to a great start.

TM Juke - Maps From The Wilderness (album)
Nicolay & Kay - Time:Line (album)
Wolf Myer Orchestra & Parov Stelar - Femme Fatale (album)

The Network - Money Money 2020

-I'm still amazed at how good this is, considering the source. Even though I seem to say it after every post recently, this seems up your alley Liquid, especially their cover of "Teenagers From Mars".

[quote name='senorwoohoo']A Place to Bury Strangers - self-titled[/QUOTE]

Still need to get that.

Sloan - Never Hear the End of It

[quote name='strummerbs']The Network - Money Money 2020

-I'm still amazed at how good this is, considering the source. Even though I seem to say it after every post recently, this seems up your alley Liquid, especially their cover of "Teenagers From Mars".[/QUOTE]

Don't stop recommending me music! :lol:
I greatly enjoyed that P&L album, by the way. Thanks.

Ni Hao! - Gorgeous (album)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Nice.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I finally got into them...though I don't know if I can take the harsher earlier stuff.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'm glad I finally got into them...though I don't know if I can take the harsher earlier stuff.[/quote]

It's not so much that their earlier stuff is harsher. Shit like Heavy Rocks is pretty early, and is pretty much just a rock album, and Vein is pretty new, but it's pure washed out noisy hardcore. If you want to stick to the rock stuff, stick to the following albums:

Pink, Heavy Rocks, Smile, Rainbow, Akuma No Uta, Altar

Their drone stuff can be pretty mellow too, though not always consistently so.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It's not so much that their earlier stuff is harsher. Shit like Heavy Rocks is pretty early, and is pretty much just a rock album, and Vein is pretty new, but it's pure washed out noisy hardcore. If you want to stick to the rock stuff, stick to the following albums:

Pink, Heavy Rocks, Smile, Rainbow, Akuma No Uta, Altar

Their drone stuff can be pretty mellow too, though not always consistently so.[/QUOTE]

*slaps forehead*

Shit, I got their timeline mixed up even though I had tried my best to remember, my bad. And I know I shouldn't even generalize about them releasing certain types of albums either since these bastards aren't conventional or consistent...unless you mean in terms of just being great.

I already picked up Pink and I'll definitely pick-up those others. Thanks for the info.

bread's done
Back