Uncut Raw SOTM

[quote name='MadChedar0']Were you able to buy that album somewhere that it wasn't on Amazon/etc for 99 cents a track?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

eMusic has most of the Rawkus 50 up on their site

Kat 010 - Natural Phenomenons (album)
Collective Efforts - Medicine (album)
Crown City Rockers - Earthtones (album)

Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond

Amazing how much this sounds of a piece with their early albums. It makes me happy when my favorite bands re-unite and are still able to make relevant music (e.g. Mission of Burma) rather than sully their reputation (i.e. The Stooges).

[quote name='MadChedar0']Were you able to buy that album somewhere that it wasn't on Amazon/etc for 99 cents a track?

Thanks[/quote]
What FB said I got it from Emusic and I will get the physical copy when it drops. I love that album.

Artist: Supa Stars
Song: Makin' a Run
Album: Hood Famous

Recently finished: God is an Astronaut - All is Violent, All is Bright (album)

Now: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯A♯∞ (album)

[quote name='headpiece747']What FB said I got it from Emusic and I will get the physical copy when it drops. I love that album.
[/QUOTE]

Have you heard of any solid or tentative release date for a physical copy?

Toxique - s/t (album)
V/A - Deekline Presents Hardcore Beats (comp)
40 Winks - Sound Puzzle (album)
The Battle Of Land And Sea - s/t (album)

Looptroop Rockers - The Building
new single from Looptroop (still hate the new name they are going by)

Deekline & Red Polo - Booty Breaks Vol. 3 (ep)
V/A - Fabriclive 38: DJ Craze (mix)

[quote name='fart_bubble']Have you heard of any solid or tentative release date for a physical copy?

Toxique - s/t (album)
V/A - Deekline Presents Hardcore Beats (comp)
40 Winks - Sound Puzzle (album)
The Battle Of Land And Sea - s/t (album)[/quote]

Nothing new on the physical CD it was suppose to come out in March and was advertised on his myspace and at ughh.com but now it is take off his myspace and tba on ughh.com.

Why in the heck did Looptroop add the Rockers it sounds weak?

Artist: Keith Murray
Song: The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World
Album: The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World

[quote name='headpiece747']Nothing new on the physical CD it was suppose to come out in March and was advertised on his myspace and at ughh.com but now it is take off his myspace and tba on ughh.com.

Why in the heck did Looptroop add the Rockers it sounds weak?
[/QUOTE]

that sucks

Looptroop started calling themselves that after Cosmic left the group

Soundpool - Dichotomies and Dreamland (album)
I've only listened to this twice but so far OKP was lenient on their review. Its good but not as good as the reviewer make it out to be

Defkline & Red Polo - Booty Breaks Vol. 3 (ep)
Defkline & Red Polo - Bam Bam (single)
Little Kids - The Influence/Respect (single)
Shin-Ski - Lonely Nights Of A Lonely Hand (album)
Funky 4 + 1 - Thats The Joint (collection)

Machine Gun Congress - War Is Everything

Got the guitarist from Wake Up On Fire and Nux Vomica on drums. Pretty damn good stuff, even if it has no vocals.

Artist: Junk Science
Song: Third-Person Stealth
Album: Gran'Dad's Nerve Tonic

If you listen to this song with headphones in a dark room you can see the story in your mind. Nice sample used for the beat also.

[quote name='headpiece747']Artist: Junk Science
Song: Third-Person Stealth
Album: Gran'Dad's Nerve Tonic

If you listen to this song with headphones in a dark room you can see the story in your mind. Nice sample used for the beat also.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get into that album which shocks all my friends as its something I would typically dig. I will agree though, that sample is really cool (still have no idea what it is though).

hate the new name and Cosmic missing hurts but I really love this song. Don't think I've ever heard a hip hop song with an accordion that worked before

Take - Earthtones And Concrete (album)

Man Factory - Street Fight (Round 1) (album)
cheesy rock songs from the perspective of Street Fighter characters. Shit is kinda cool in a "this is so bad but I can't stop listening to it" way.

Output featuring Nikol Kollars - Output (album)
really cool jazz/lounge cover of Black Hole Sun

Madita - Too (album)

[quote name='fart_bubble']I couldn't get into that album which shocks all my friends as its something I would typically dig. I will agree though, that sample is really cool (still have no idea what it is though).

hate the new name and Cosmic missing hurts but I really love this song. Don't think I've ever heard a hip hop song with an accordion that worked before

Take - Earthtones And Concrete (album)[/quote]

Yeah I thought Junk Science would be something you like but different strokes for different folks.

Will get around to hearing that new Looptroop when I can but name changes and members leaving make me hesitate.

Artist: Swollen Members
Song: Deep End
Album: Graffiti Kings

Evangelicals - The Evening Descends

For some reason, I can't get enough of the track "Skeleton Man".

[media]http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/Evangelicals%20-%20Skeleton%20Man.mp3[/media]

Clara Luzia - The Long Memory (album)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzWPgcZKxes[/MEDIA]

Kev Brown & LMNO - Selective Hearing (album)
its just an okay album but its totally worth the $$ for the instrumentals (some of Kev Brown's best tracks). Can't wait to get this

[quote name='Liquid 2']Just finished: Yael Naim - New Soul

Now: fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing (album) x2

Get this, Sneaky. Some excellent drone music.[/quote]

Interesting, I'll have to check it out. Is it drone a la Sunn O))), or drone like later-jesu/Angelic Process (bass-y vs spacey)?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Interesting, I'll have to check it out. Is it drone a la Sunn O))), or drone like later-jesu/Angelic Process (bass-y vs spacey)?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say spacey, but at some points, one may even call them "tribal," for the lack of a better word. Vocals are a lot less central than they are in Jesu's work though.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'm going to say spacey, but at some points, one may even call them "tribal," for the lack of a better word. Vocals are a lot less central than they are in Jesu's work though.[/quote]

Spacey tribal sounds right up my alley. Kinda sounds like what Ruhr Hunter play. I'll definitely be checking them out when I get home.

Minamina Goodsong - Snatch, Grab, I Love You (album)
Roni Size - Don't Hold Back (maxi single)
V/A - Chronicles Of The Deep (album)
Alix Perez/Lynx - Allegiance (split ep)
Finale & Spier 1200 - Develop (album) -------really need to get around to ordering this from Dusty Groove. fucking amazing album

bread's done
Back