Uncut Raw SOTM

Robyn Hitchcock - Black Snake Diamond Role

Gene - To See the Lights, especially enjoying "I Can't Decide if She Really Loves Me."

T-Phonic - Keep Moving/Overload (single)
Featurecast - One More/Stomp (single)
V/A - Fabriclive 34: Krafty Kuts (mix)
Push Button Objects - Ghetto Blaster (album)
The Rogue Element - Rogue Rock (album)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing

That was actually pretty damn good. Thanks for the rec Liquid.[/QUOTE]

Glad you liked it. :)

World's End Girlfriend - Farewell Kingdom (album)

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - The Letting Go
-Good shit after one listen.

Skywave - Took the Sun
-The guitarist/singer/songwriter from A Place to Bury Strangers played in the band. Not sure what to think so far. It's noisy for sure, but I'm only two songs into it.

The Screamers - In a Better World

Damn good stuff. A punk band from LA that that played from around 77-80, but never released an album, just a live performance video (the 2-cd set I'm listening to is a bootleg of a few live shows and some demos to unfinished albums).

Line-up was an insane singer who reminds me a ton of Johnny Rotten without sounding like an imitator, a drummer, and two analog synth players, who extract the most fucked-up noises from the machines. They remind me quite a bit of a primitive version of Parts & Labor.

Supposedly one of the biggest concert draws in the early LA punk scene, but broke up before they could release anything. Really too bad, because they could have been amazing.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Should I check 'em out, strummer?[/QUOTE]

I think you should definitely give them a shot. Don't know where to point you to, though, as the only CD I know of is the one I have, and it's out of production. Give me a little bit and I'll shoot you a PM.

Liquid and Brak, let me know if you're interested as well.

[quote name='strummerbs']I think you should definitely give them a shot. Don't know where to point you to, though, as the only CD I know of is the one I have, and it's out of production. Give me a little bit and I'll shoot you a PM.

Liquid and Brak, let me know if you're interested as well.[/QUOTE]

You = the man.

And not "the man," either.

Also, I checked out the Dirtbombs and I'm really liking 'em.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']You = the man.

And not "the man," either.

Also, I checked out the Dirtbombs and I'm really liking 'em.[/QUOTE]

The Dirtbombs are GODLY. Drive however long you have to to see them live.

What albums are you listening to? I love their new one, but I would say that Ultraglide in Black (old soul music covers album) or Dangerous Magical Noise are the best starting points.

[quote name='strummerbs']The Dirtbombs are GODLY. Drive however long you have to to see them live.

What albums are you listening to? I love their new one, but I would say that Ultraglide in Black (old soul music covers album) or Dangerous Magical Noise are the best starting points.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I just missed out on seeing them live. Might have had another show that night if I remember correctly. I'll definitely try to catch 'em next time.

I "acquired" Ultraglide in Black and I might just have to pick up Dangerous Magical Noise during my visit to Newbury Comics either this week or the next.

Shit, so I need to get the new Black Keys, Loveless and either Give 'Em Enough Rope or Dangerous Magical Noise.

Hot damn.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'm pretty sure I just missed out on seeing them live. Might have had another show that night if I remember correctly. I'll definitely try to catch 'em next time.

I "acquired" Ultraglide in Black and I might just have to pick up Dangerous Magical Noise during my visit to Newbury Comics either this week or the next.

Shit, so I need to get the new Black Keys, Loveless and either Give 'Em Enough Rope or Dangerous Magical Noise.

Hot damn.[/QUOTE]

I love The Clash to an unhealthy degree, and adore Give 'Em Enough Rope, but you need Dangerous Magical Noise even more.

[quote name='strummerbs']I love The Clash to an unhealthy degree, and adore Give 'Em Enough Rope, but you need Dangerous Magical Noise even more.[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks!

[quote name='strummerbs']The Screamers - In a Better World

Damn good stuff. A punk band from LA that that played from around 77-80, but never released an album, just a live performance video (the 2-cd set I'm listening to is a bootleg of a few live shows and some demos to unfinished albums).

Line-up was an insane singer who reminds me a ton of Johnny Rotten without sounding like an imitator, a drummer, and two analog synth players, who extract the most fucked-up noises from the machines. They remind me quite a bit of a primitive version of Parts & Labor.

Supposedly one of the biggest concert draws in the early LA punk scene, but broke up before they could release anything. Really too bad, because they could have been amazing.[/quote]

Man, I checked out Screamers on a whim a few months back, and I was surprised how awesome they were. I'm not really a fan of regular/older punk, but they were damn good.

Initial State - Abort The Soul (album)

Was a request on Crustmas, actually a pretty decent crust album.

"Masters of War" - Pearl Jam (live 05.24.2006)

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Pavement - Crooked Rain Crooked Rain[/quote]

So good... :drool:

[quote name='javeryh']So good... :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. I need more of their stuff.

The Dirtbombs - Ultraglide in Black
fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing

I have been listening to the Arctic Monkeys "Whatever You Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" album over and over again for quite some time now. I really can't wait for them to release a new album. "Favourite Worst Nightmare" was a disappointment.

[quote name='strummerbs']Liquid and Brak, let me know if you're interested as well.[/QUOTE]Always.

[quote name='strummerbs']Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Never gets old.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

I think I'll give that a listen as well.

[quote name='strummerbs']I think you should definitely give them a shot. Don't know where to point you to, though, as the only CD I know of is the one I have, and it's out of production. Give me a little bit and I'll shoot you a PM.

Liquid and Brak, let me know if you're interested as well.[/QUOTE]
Sure. Thanks.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That's one of the best albums ever. EVER.[/QUOTE]

After listening, I can concur that this will surely be on repeat for a while.

Now to be lulled to sleep by Robert Smith.

The Cure - Disintegration

Portugal. the Man
with
Bad, Bad Levi Brown
from
Waiter: "You Vultures!"

"If I were a god I'd be the greatest of all
With a speech so soft and loud it would kill you"

Chappaquiddick Skyline - S/T

I don't think Joe Pernice is capable of writing a less than spectacular song, even in his side project bands like this. This particular album is one of his more depressing. Hell, the chorus of the first track is, "I hate my life."

Andy Skopes - Kung Fu Hustle/ State Of Grace (single) ------ Kung Fu Hustle is one fucking awesome track...guess I can also say State Of Grace is another killer track. Need to pick this one up

Patchworks - Number Four (album)
Puzzle - Sometimes, All The Time (album)
The Smile Rays - Party....Place (album)

[quote name='xmrblondex']finale and spier 1200
with
family portrait
from
develop

"Where would I be without you?"[/QUOTE]

awesome album

The Jam - Compact Snap!

"Town Called Malice" = Best song I've ever heard. Rest of the album is almost as good.

Portishead - Live at Roseland (full album)
Baby Love Child - Pizzicato Five
Busdriver - Roadkillovercoat (full album)

Andy Skopes - Kung Fu Hustle/ State Of Grace (single) ------ Kung Fu Hustle is one fucking awesome track...guess I can also say State Of Grace is another killer track. Need to pick this one up

Patchworks - Number Four (album)
Puzzle - Sometimes, All The Time (album)
The Smile Rays - Party....Place (album)

[quote name='xmrblondex']finale and spier 1200
with
family portrait
from
develop

"Where would I be without you?"[/QUOTE]

awesome album

bread's done
Back