UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='racthamp'][quote name='Nephets']I'm not sure, but I remember someone said 2-3 dollars a while back.[/quote]

I thought it used to fetched $21 man.. did it drop down already? anyone know for sure? thanx again... what other game can we take to gamerush? other than Space Channel 5 and Hobbit cube?[/quote]

It got 21 dollars like once or twice like 3 months ago. :p

Also, aside from ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4, what about Mojo (PS2), how much does that give you?[/quote]

last post i saw was Sep 4 for Dr. Muta.. not sure. maybe i'd call them to ask.. but i hate doing that... sound like paranoid shopper haha.. anyhow if anyone can confirm would be greatly appreciated.. thanx

i fail to understand why it is so hard to call especially if you have just one or two games you are curious about (if you are worried, call a game rush different than the one you go to), just call at an off-hour so they can take the time to help you

on the muto thing, i think you will be pleasantly surprised (just get the right console version)

Nobody has any idea for ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4? I know I'll get at least 5 dollars for it, I'm expecting maybe 2-3 dollars, so, I'll be getting like 7-8 from it. 8 bucks for a year old sports game that I got for 5 dollars. How awesome is that?

Or, does anybody know how much The Getaway gives you? I doubt I'll trade it in, but if the price is well enough, then I just might.

Went to Gamerush last night and here was my haul.

MegaMan X6 (PSX): $1.50
Legends of Dragoon (PSX): $2.00
Tetris Worlds (PS2): $3
Lord of the Rings Two Towers (GC): $8
Animal Crossing (GC): $8
Dynasty Warriors 3 (PS2): $8
Memory Card (PS2): $8
La Pucelle Tactics (PS2): $25

After the +$3 for PSX games and +$5 for all the other games I walked out with a copy of Star Ocean, a fully paid preorder of Leisure Suit Larry for PS2, and $25 store credit. :)

I might want to trade in a hobbit cube at the local blockbuster...but they sound so unsure of things when you ask them that I'm scared....I asked about Hobbit GC, and they told me the trade-in value is 29.99. Is that possible?

[quote name='Nephets']

Also, aside from ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4, what about Mojo (PS2), how much does that give you?[/quote]

I got $2 for Mojo (PS2) about a week ago.

[quote name='RIC3fARMER']how much would i get for espn basketball 2k4

im too lazy to look at all the other post :D[/quote]

$8 last week for the PS2 version

[quote name='jshorr']I might want to trade in a hobbit cube at the local blockbuster...but they sound so unsure of things when you ask them that I'm scared....I asked about Hobbit GC, and they told me the trade-in value is 29.99. Is that possible?[/quote]

It should be $22-25, but not $29.99

I made another trip yesterday to Game Rush yesterday. I received the following for the games I traded in:

$1.50 Turok (xbox)
$12 The Hobbit (ps2)
$18 Dynasty Warriors 4 (ps2)

If you're lucky enough to find Dynasty Warriors 4 (FOR PS2) at your local Circuit City then you could pick up a couple for $9.99 and trade them in at Game Rush for $18 a piece. Get an extra $5 tacked on for $23 trade in value if you trade in 3 games.

PLEASE NOTE: This only works for the PS2 version of Dynasty Warriors 4.

Unfortunately, CC wants $14.99 for their Xbox version of the game. This would allow for a slimmer profit if you traded the xbox version in at Game Rush but that's assuming that the PS2 and Xbox versions of Dynasty Warriors 4 have the same trade in value.

[quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='NineH'][quote name='ViolentLee']I could not preorder KOTOR 2, Paper Mario 2, or Donkey Konga on the trade 2 get $20 off preordered game promotion. I tried at two stores.[/quote]

When I tried to preorder paper mario 2 there was a lot of confusion going on with the employees because the system let me preorder two other games but not that one. What they eventually did was manually override the restriction by just crediting my account with 20 dollars, accomplishing the same thing the preorder deal would have done.[/quote]

Ya I've been able to preorder anything, but that's because the gamerush guys figured out a way around that restriction with an over-ride.[/quote]

Rockin'. Thanks, guys. I'll try that when I go over there to score Donkey Konga later this week. The dude working at the better of the two GameRushes near me seems like he'll fudge the $20 for any new release over $40 anyway, so if I tell him he can manually override the pre-order, he'll hopefully do so.

This is what I got for trades I did on 9/21/04

PS games (note: I got an extra 3 bucks on each of those games, but already took out the $3 out )
Megaman 8 $1.50
Crash 3 $1.50
Gundam Battle Assualt 2 $5.50

PS2 games (I got $5 extra from each game, but I've already taken the $5 out)
Hulk $3
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu $7
DMC 2 $8

[quote name='Wshakspear']those ps games have the $3 added in.[/quote]

Thanks! I wasn't sure because I traded in those games with the $4.99 coupon. Guess Gamerush let me combine deals! I'll go edit my post.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Anyone know if space channel 5 SE for ps2 still gets $25?[/quote]

I did it last week, but it seems that they have 2 listed in the system. If they ask you "Do you know if it is #1 or #2?", say it is #1. For some reason, #2 has a value of about $1.50.

[quote name='sanjuro']it's a 2 disc set isn't it(sc5 part 1 on the first disc, sc5:2 on the second disc)? maybe that's it?[/quote]

I wouldn't know, since I traded them in sealed.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='majinvegeta-88']Anyone know if space channel 5 SE for ps2 still gets $25?[/quote]

I did it last week, but it seems that they have 2 listed in the system. If they ask you "Do you know if it is #1 or #2?", say it is #1. For some reason, #2 has a value of about $1.50.[/quote]
Yeah I had the problem at a couple stores because the lady didn't know which is which and another guy offered me the $1.50 price. The game has 2 discs but I wasn't sure what the #1 and #2 meant.

I had these games scanned on 9/21/04 sorry for the long delay going back tommorow to get more scanned and also pre-order some stuff with the $20 off deal when you trade in 2 games so here we go my current scan list

PS2 - Champions of Norrath $7
PS2 - Oni $1.50
XBOX - Mace Griffin $1.50
XBOX - Wrath Unleashed $10
XBOX - Gladius $12
XBOX - Deus Ex 2 $10
XBOX - Rainbow Six $7
XBOX - Phantasy Star $7
XBOX - Brute Force $7
XBOX - Dino Crisis 3 $10
NGC - Splinter Cell $7
PS2 - I-Ninja $7
PS2 - Clock Tower 3 $3
PS2 - Auto Modellista $10
PS2 - Romance of the Three Kingdom VII $5
PS2 - Half-Life $7
PS2 - Resident Evil Dead Aim $10

Was just reading that Unreal 2 for Xbox was $25 haha I should check this forum more. also does anyone know how much Fable is going for right now thanks.

Did someone say before on here that tuesdays are when they do most of the price drops? Anyone know if Hobbit GC dropped or is still 25? I traded one in on Monday for 25 and I have another I'd like to do....thanks.

another quick question re: blockbuster (non-gamerush) trading. Has anyone ever given you a hard time about trading in 2 copies of the same title? Gamerush has always been 2 Max, do blockbusters normally go with that 2 or do you think I may get hassled?

[quote name='jshorr']another quick question re: blockbuster (non-gamerush) trading. Has anyone ever given you a hard time about trading in 2 copies of the same title? Gamerush has always been 2 Max, do blockbusters normally go with that 2 or do you think I may get hassled?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it has the same limit of 2 titles as the BB non-gamerush store near me put a note on my account after 2 drakes and told me I wouldnt be allowed to trade any more of "those" in.

[quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='jshorr']another quick question re: blockbuster (non-gamerush) trading. Has anyone ever given you a hard time about trading in 2 copies of the same title? Gamerush has always been 2 Max, do blockbusters normally go with that 2 or do you think I may get hassled?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it has the same limit of 2 titles as the BB non-gamerush store near me put a note on my account after 2 drakes and told me I wouldnt be allowed to trade any more of "those" in.[/quote]

Interesting. Gamerush usually is 2 per title per day.....so they did give you a hard time then, sort-of.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='jshorr']another quick question re: blockbuster (non-gamerush) trading. Has anyone ever given you a hard time about trading in 2 copies of the same title? Gamerush has always been 2 Max, do blockbusters normally go with that 2 or do you think I may get hassled?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it has the same limit of 2 titles as the BB non-gamerush store near me put a note on my account after 2 drakes and told me I wouldnt be allowed to trade any more of "those" in.[/quote]

Interesting. Gamerush usually is 2 per title per day.....so they did give you a hard time then, sort-of.[/quote]

The employee (non-manager even) there said "Your not allowed to trade in any more copies of this game." period and then she put a note on my account that comes up every time I trade in any game whatsoever.

Just got back from GameRush and some of the prices actually went up on the games I posted before and I went to the same store as before.

XBOX - Wrath Unleashed $15 up $5 from 9/21
XBOX - Deus Ex 2 $15 up $5 from 9/21
XBOX - Gladius $17 up 5 from 9/21
XBOX - Fable $40
XBOX - Unreal 2 $30
XBOX - Dino Crisis 3 $15

I traded in two copies of Resident Evil Dead Aim without a problem. I pre-order MGS3 and got the $20 off deal, but when I tried to do it with Paper Mario the employee said it was only with selected titles so I had to pay $50 for it, was kinda mad since I think some CAGers got the $20 off but whatever. So I pre-ordered 2 games and still have $68.37.

[quote name='fifthcore']XBOX - Fable $40
[/quote]

Holy shit! Are you serious? If I can get $40 for Fable, I'm trading back my copy I got from Gamerush last week. The game is totally overrated anyway.

[quote name='fifthcore']Just got back from GameRush and some of the prices actually went up on the games I posted before and I went to the same store as before.

XBOX - Fable $40
XBOX - Unreal 2 $30
XBOX - Dino Crisis 3 $15

I traded in two copies of Resident Evil Dead Aim without a problem. I pre-order MGS3 and got the $20 off deal, but when I tried to do it with Paper Mario the employee said it was only with selected titles so I had to pay $50 for it, was kinda mad since I think some CAGers got the $20 off but whatever. So I pre-ordered 2 games and still have $68.37.[/quote]

Uh... are you sure they didn't do the trade in 3 get 5 extra per game. Jus traded in Unreal 2 today and got 30 for it after the $5 extra.

[quote name='fifthcore']Just got back from GameRush and some of the prices actually went up on the games I posted before and I went to the same store as before.

XBOX - Fable $40
XBOX - Unreal 2 $30
XBOX - Dino Crisis 3 $15

I traded in two copies of Resident Evil Dead Aim without a problem. I pre-order MGS3 and got the $20 off deal, but when I tried to do it with Paper Mario the employee said it was only with selected titles so I had to pay $50 for it, was kinda mad since I think some CAGers got the $20 off but whatever. So I pre-ordered 2 games and still have $68.37.[/quote]

You know funny thing, I preordered 3 games and tried to do a 4th. The code worked on splinter cell 3, halo 2 and metroid prime 2. But it didn't work on Paper Mario 2. I thought it must have been too many games on the same transaction and I had already been in the store an hour so I just stuck with three and left. But that's interesting.

Depends on the casier. IF they're cool they'll over-ride it. The guys at my GR do. I got Paper Mario 2 for $20 off.

[quote name='pfunkpearl']Depends on the casier. IF they're cool they'll over-ride it. The guys at my GR do. I got PM 2 for $20 off.[/quote]

Cool. I was there at like 11 and the place was mad busy, the cashier was CRAZY pissed I was trading in 9 games, there was no override to be had on that particular night :)

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='pfunkpearl']Depends on the casier. IF they're cool they'll over-ride it. The guys at my GR do. I got PM 2 for $20 off.[/quote]

Cool. I was there at like 11 and the place was mad busy, the cashier was CRAZY pissed I was trading in 9 games, there was no override to be had on that particular night :)[/quote]

I went in there with 10 games and there was a line forming behind me and I told him after he finished giving the credit I wanted to do a couple pre-orders but I'd step outta line so he could take care of the other people. Cashiers will usually appriciate that, having been on both sides of the register I'd appriciate it.

I've been there, the first time they traded in games they were learning how to do it, meanwhile a huge line was building up behind me.

Yeah, I remember now the guy saying something about the trade in 3 games and get an extra $5 per game, but I am still mad about the Paper Mario thing I have the coupon from EGM and it has on it pre-order any game and get $20 off with 2 trade-ins going back tommorow with the coupon to see if I can still get the $20 off or not its worth a try plus I still got like 50 more games to trade-in for my DS money and with this extra $5 its pretty sweet I guess

Also was anyone able to pre-order Halo 2 Collector's Edition the clerk told me it was not in the computer system yet only the regular version of Halo 2, thx

i preordered the Halo 2 collectors edition. and im positive it was because it says on the receipt:
XBOX - HALO 2 LIMITED EDITION
Presale - $ 54.99
Credit - $-24.99
Subtotal $30.00

[quote name='Nephets']what about Mojo (PS2), how much does that give you?[/quote]

don't know if u call GR already or not, but mojo is only worth 1.50 after I called GR today...

I think a lot of us are going to get burned on the HALO 2 LE edition since I bet most Gamerush's won't get that many copies in the first place.

BTW, any one know anything about tax law, I think if we could fix what Gamerush is doing with trade in credit and still charging us tax on our purchase we could all save a lot of money. At EB Games and Gamestop if you trade in stuff anything you buy with that credit in non-taxable. I think the reason is you can't have it both ways. If you charge tax then you have to give tax back on the trade in's or vice versa, I know EB and GS don't do it out of the goodness of their heart so if we could fix that policy at Gamerush it would save all of us 7% on the credit dollar. Anyone a lawyer?

[quote name='Engineer_J']I think a lot of us are going to get burned on the HALO 2 LE edition since I bet most Gamerush's won't get that many copies in the first place.

BTW, any one know anything about tax law, I think if we could fix what Gamerush is doing with trade in credit and still charging us tax on our purchase we could all save a lot of money. At EB Games and Gamestop if you trade in stuff anything you buy with that credit in non-taxable. I think the reason is you can't have it both ways. If you charge tax then you have to give tax back on the trade in's or vice versa, I know EB and GS don't do it out of the goodness of their heart so if we could fix that policy at Gamerush it would save all of us 7% on the credit dollar. Anyone a lawyer?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I remember gamerush paying me tax on the games I've traded in. IE hobbit got me 25 + tax.

As far as Halo 2, they only had the regular in the computer of the store I go to. But the employees told me that when I come to pick up the game I can just swap it for the limited edition for $5 more. I double checked that they weren't going to try to give me only 29.99 credit for it since I used the coupon deal. I don't know how it is in other places but I'm not worried about them selling out of collector's edition because there are so many other video game stores and stores that sell games and consoles in the NYC area that almost no one buys new games at blockbuster/gamerush.

Anyone know what Def Jam:FFNY would fetch for XBOX???? Just about finished with it....

I also got $25 for Unreal 2
$10 for Auto Modellista

Pre-Ordered Ghost Recon 2 for XBOX

(now I have GR2, Halo2:LE, MK:Deception) + $62 in credit. I may go pick up a few more CC games to get some credit for Gamerush.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='majinvegeta-88']Anyone know if space channel 5 SE for ps2 still gets $25?[/quote]

I did it last week, but it seems that they have 2 listed in the system. If they ask you "Do you know if it is #1 or #2?", say it is #1. For some reason, #2 has a value of about $1.50.[/quote]

It does as of yesterday and yes it is a 2 disc set. I have 4 copies left. Target was selling them new for $9.96 last week.

[quote name='Engineer_J']
BTW, any one know anything about tax law, I think if we could fix what Gamerush is doing with trade in credit and still charging us tax on our purchase we could all save a lot of money. At EB Games and Gamestop if you trade in stuff anything you buy with that credit in non-taxable. I think the reason is you can't have it both ways. If you charge tax then you have to give tax back on the trade in's or vice versa, I know EB and GS don't do it out of the goodness of their heart so if we could fix that policy at Gamerush it would save all of us 7% on the credit dollar. Anyone a lawyer?[/quote]

Err...I don't know what the laws are in your state, but when people trade items in at my store in Southern California, they are charged tax for purchases no matter what. Not only that, but the credit is applied after tax. So for instance, yesterday someone traded in World Tour Soccer 2005 for the PS2 for $10.00, bought Fifa 2004 for $29.99. Fifa + Tax (7.75%) = $32.31 - $10.00 = $22.31.

You also don't get tax added onto your trade-in values.

Yesterday (09/28/04) I traded in the following:

The Hobbit PS2 $12.00
Culcept PS2 $20.00
Batman: The Rise of Sin Tzu GC $22.00
Auto Modellista PS2 $10.00

I didn't feel like pre-ordering anything, so I just got the $5 extra for each game and had them put it on a card. Total came out to $84.00.

[quote name='crucify'][quote name='Engineer_J']

Err...I don't know what the laws are in your state, but when people trade items in at my store in Southern California, they are charged tax for purchases no matter what. Not only that, but the credit is applied after tax. So for instance, yesterday someone traded in World Tour Soccer 2005 for the PS2 for $10.00, bought Fifa 2004 for $29.99. Fifa + Tax (7.75%) = $32.31 - $10.00 = $22.31.

You also don't get tax added onto your trade-in values.[/quote]

I know, but that is exactly what I'm saying, why does EB and GS do it that way and not Gamerush?

While I don't follow tax law that well I will say Gamerush actually puts the taxes fromt trade-ins on my Blockbuster accpunt for that store, meaning I can use it for anything in that particular bloackbuster store. And stuff you buy at EB with credit is not non-taxable, they still charge sales tax on whatever you buy. The credit you traded in for is what's non-taxable I believe, though it varies and I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back