Unreal Tournament 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm really getting frustrated at Campaign...

I'm in Chapter 4, and on Warfare, in the big ice level with vehicles. My AI allies are just too retarded to do anything competent. I give them orders, and they don't follow them, especially since it seems I can't get them to go after bigger vehicles. I secure a prime node, and it immediately says it's under attack with no one in site, and water surrounds it, so I'm like WTF!? I don't know what I'm supposed to do, but it's making me angry.

Any suggestions?

I think I need to replay the Warfare tutorial because I'm not sure WTF I'm supposed to be doing on these levels. :roll:

That said, anyone up for some UT3 tonight? Or is Wednesday still Gears of War night?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165140

Epic Games is proud to take the first bold step in a new era! Today we're releasing the very first user-created content for Unreal Tournament 3 on PlayStation 3.

We're starting with a user-created map called DM-Shrine created by Thomas Browett, who goes by the name Setheran on the official UT3 forums. Thomas is a 23 year old graphic designer from Nottingham, England. He's been playing Unreal since the very first Unreal Tournament and he says he's enjoyed every game in the series. He made a few maps for the original Unreal Tournament but hadn't done anything since this one. He finds the third generation Unreal Editor to be very friendly and feature rich.
DM-Shrine is is a great little map that's perfect those close-quarters, 2-6 player, matches that keep your adrenaline pumping from beginning to end. A lot of our DM maps in UT3 are designed for larger player counts so this provides a great contrast and a chance to play in a more intimate setting. I've always loved these types of maps and I hope you folks do as well!
Here is how to install UT3 mods on your PlayStation 3.
  1. Unzip the file to the root directory of any memory card that is readable by your PlayStation 3. It is already in the proper directory structure but, just in case, the path and filename need to be: ps3\savedata\blus30086-modimport\userdata.jam
  2. Boot up Unreal Tournament 3 on your PS3
  3. Go to the "Community" menu
  4. Choose "My Content"
  5. Press the [SQUARE] button to "Import Mod"
  6. Follow the directions on the screen to import it from your memory card .......

I go on at random times.. screen name is sdcharger. Look for me or add me, I'm usually in CTF games. I'll probably be on later tonight.

I already put the game up for sale.. but since new content is starting to show up, I'll keep it for a little longer..

Sooo the only way for the mods to work is if everyone downloads them from the PC first?

EDIT

It seems you have to grab them from the PC first.

The whole process took about 5 minutes, and I'm playing in Shrine right now...awesome.

I'm going to feel like a sucker whenever I buy DLC now.

got this in gamefly today, and played it a little bit. I love how they changed the onslaught gametype to warfare. Gotta love UT, still thinking whether or not I will keep it, which would make it $40 with my $5 off coupon.

luck bitch!I put it in my top Q and they shipped me Mario and Luigi instead of this!I also had the $5 off and I was planning on buying this game!Damn you gamefly...

[quote name='snakelda']luck bitch!I put it in my top Q and they shipped me Mario and Luigi instead of this!I also had the $5 off and I was planning on buying this game!Damn you gamefly...[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about it, I decided not to keep it and went for nba homecourt for 7 bucks. Will probably play it a little bit more until wednesday after which I will return it and hope to get drakes. Then my gamefly will be up and I will cancel, since I don't want to pay full price for it.

[quote name='ajh2298']Is this game all on-line mutiplayer or is there a decent single player game with it also?[/quote]

It has a story, but basically it is a "training mode" for online play. All it is is the different online modes but instead of real people you are playing bots.

[quote name='NamPaehc']It has a story single-player mode, but basically it is a "training mode" for online play. All it is is the different online modes but instead of real people you are playing bots.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Any reviewer who claims the game has a "forgettable" storyline is sincerely underestimating just how amazingly underwhelming and superficial the storyline is.

The question is, though: it's Unreal Tournament: do you need a fuckin' story?

Just bought the game today and I am really liking this more than CoD4. I guess I'm more into the fast paced FPS'ers.

Would love to play against some CAG'ers to test my mettle.

[quote name='mykevermin']Fixed. Any reviewer who claims the game has a "forgettable" storyline is sincerely underestimating just how amazingly underwhelming and superficial the storyline is.

The question is, though: it's Unreal Tournament: do you need a fuckin' story?[/quote]
While the game was in development, I was annoyed when I heard they were including a single player mode because I figured it would defer resources from making the multiplayer as perfect as possible. After actually trying the campaign, I realized I was completely wrong. It's hilarious how people claim there's a story there. I'm glad it seems pretty tongue-in-cheek, too. ("I've got the flag!" "Uh, you mean field lattice generator, right?") I'd like to think that Epic just threw in the incredibly corny "storyline" to pacify all the Gears of War fans who were worried about this being multiplayer only.

I just picked this up today. If anyone wants to play, add me.

Edit: Wow, this game looks absolutely amazing. I love the speed of the combat as well.

Has anyone had their stats not recording? I played a CTF Vehicle and I did really good, but none of my stats (or my friends) got recorded. Is anyone else encountering this problem? It sucks when you do really good and none of your stats get recorded.

[quote name='yuckfou']hows the controll for this game, ive tried to play fps on console but will never be able to get in to it because of the control[/quote]

The control is near perfect IMO. It takes a few seconds to get used to, but once you learn the buttons, you ramp up pretty quick. I'm generally not a fan of FPS's on consoles, but this one really is fantastic.

I am thinking about picking this up. Is there any word on if and when a 360 version will be coming since I have more friends with a 360 then a PS3. If not anytime soon I might just pick this up today since my local Gamestop has one used.

[quote name='Kendal']When are we getting some mods? Any word?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about anything except for the "Shrine" level, which, while user created, doesn't fit my understanding of a "mod."

[quote name='DomLando']I am thinking about picking this up. Is there any word on if and when a 360 version will be coming since I have more friends with a 360 then a PS3. If not anytime soon I might just pick this up today since my local Gamestop has one used.[/quote]

I believe the plan for the 360 version is to appear 6-8 months from now.

[quote name='Kendal']Are there any Trackball mice that work with the PS3? I could rape me some people with my Trackball.[/quote]

If it is a USB mouse, I think it should work okay.

Man, I tried playing this with a buddy last night and I couldn't get voicechat to work well. He said he could speak without holding the button down, but I had to hold the right button down to speak.

I got this from the wife for Christmas and am liking it so far. I've played with controller and M/K setup and am still on the fence as to which I prefer. The nice thing about M/K is that you can get precision aiming, but I still have to play with the controls to get the right feel. Also, it sucks that I have two peripherals plugged into my PS3. On a positive note, I was able to use my Nostromo N52 without an issue; one thing to note though: the mouse needs to be plugged into the first port; at least that's taken from my 45 minutes of jacking around with it to get the mouse to work.

All in all it's a good game, but I'm sure it'll be heavily overshadowed by the other big names to come out around this time; especially for those of us with multiple consoles.

Anyway, if you guys are gonna get a game together, add me to the list.

I can't play this game because I keep getting kicked off the server. This is the only game I have this problem with on PS3. I'm constantly getting kicked from PSN whenever I try to get in to a game. Any reason for this?

[quote name='Pratt75']I can't play this game because I keep getting kicked off the server. This is the only game I have this problem with on PS3. I'm constantly getting kicked from PSN whenever I try to get in to a game. Any reason for this?[/QUOTE]

That happened to me, but for everything including xbox live. I went and exchanged out my cable modem and its been smooth sailing since.

Wait, voice chat is working in Unreal Tournament 3? I've never heard anyone speak in a game yet, and I have tried it myself numerous times recently. What's the deal with voice chat? Are they still working on it? Thanks.

PSN Screen name if anyone wants to play: BestNoobie

Just picked this up myself and I am loving it. Great game! Here's a shot on my Sammy 56" 1080p DLP. Been lurking too long here, time to join. Add me as a friend since I am on most nights! :)

UT3PS3.jpg

I returned this game, it got boring after 2 days. The online mode lacks with a weak voice chat support.

About how many people are playing the multiplayer at once on this? (or does it now say) I would hate to buy this game but have to wait a while to get a game going because not many people are playing or something.

I haven't played it in probley a week I might play some tonight. I hate hearing other people talk over a headset so I'm good without it or it being crappy lol.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Fractal from UT99 has been released too. I love that fucking map.[/quote]

I just spent the last 5 minutes jumping from the top ledge, shooting the controls to the door on the floor below so I fell through the hole then got teleported back up so I dropped on the blue electrical thingies. Gibs are fun!

[quote name='Kendal']I really want to get into this game. When does everyone play? I am EST timezone.[/quote]

If I'm online, I usually play after 6pm est.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Fractal from UT99 has been released too. I love that fucking map.[/QUOTE]
I play some last night, but there was only three people in the map. :)

bread's done
Back