Unreal Tournament 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

I tried getting as close to the top 100 on the leader boards before I leave on my trip.

Got as close as 226 before I gave up :)

My ranking will probably drop drastically since I won't be able to play for 2 weeks. I love this game.

Just read a post from the PSX newsletter which says that Epic is considering adding split-screen co-op through a patch for PS3.

[quote name='seanr1221']That would be extremely nice.

Now I just wish I had a place to put a keyboard and mouse.[/QUOTE]

Yea it is going to be a bitch to find a place to use a kb/m in my room. Also need to grab a wireless keyboard.

[quote name='seanr1221']I freakin' love this game.

I had a question about mods though. Say someone makes a level...I guess that level can only be played on if all the people have the mod? If this is the case, I guess mod games would have to be pre-organized to work?[/QUOTE]

If it's like a PC game (which I assume it is), it should download the map right on the spot and then connect to it automatically. It's very painless.

Is there some sort of special process for mods? Like say it goes up on some site, you download it, then import it to your PS3? Or does Epic have to do something?

Man, I fuckin' destroyed sean online tonight.

Actually, the truth of the matter is he took my ass to school and I now question my PSN username. ;)

I may look into the KB/mouse combo, as I now feel quite exposed to the limitations of the controller. As someone who never really played FPS on the computer, though, the "WASD" setup still isn't all that natural to me.

[quote name='mykevermin']Man, I fuckin' destroyed sean online tonight.

Actually, the truth of the matter is he took my ass to school and I now question my PSN username. ;)

I may look into the KB/mouse combo, as I now feel quite exposed to the limitations of the controller. As someone who never really played FPS on the computer, though, the "WASD" setup still isn't all that natural to me.[/QUOTE]

They were some good matches though ;)

Told ya this game was fun.

No joke. The 16 man matches were just a goldmine of clusterfuck goodness - reminds me of playing UT online on my Dreamcast so many moons ago.

I really dig the warfare games in campaign mode, and I may try that out online tomorrow.

[quote name='KingBroly']Is there some sort of special process for mods? Like say it goes up on some site, you download it, then import it to your PS3? Or does Epic have to do something?[/quote]

The mod feature isn't quite active yet.

Basically the company has a program that converts PC mods to PS3 mod files, but that hasn't been released yet. Once it is done converting you take the PS3 file and put it on a memory stick/USB drive and then import it from community after launching UT3.

I picked it up tonight.

This. game. is. SICK.

It improves on my favorite aspects of 04 and adds more! Faking deaths, hover boards.. If only they had splitscreen play! But that's okay, this game is fantastic.

lol i used the fake death and got rocket launchered on. it was hilarious the guy was staring at me for a good 5 seconds then decided to shoot me.
i was afk.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'll be up for some games tonight...Scorch, I'm looking in your direction.[/quote]

define tonight.. i'm going over a friend's house for a bit but I will be home around 1130 pm cst

So what time will everyone be playing?

I should be packing for my flight tomorrow but I wouldn't mind getting some games of UT3 in sometime tonight.

I rented the game. I've played it everynight for at least a hour or so. It really is alot of fun. I don't know what it was,but I went to one server, and my ping was about the same, and the game was playing faster than it was suppost to. I really did't like that. I am going to end up buying the game eventually when I get a good deal lol.

I'm going to try and leave work on time tonight, most likely I won't be able to catch up with you guys until later on during the week.

[quote name='jman619']I rented the game. I've played it everynight for at least a hour or so. It really is alot of fun. I don't know what it was,but I went to one server, and my ping was about the same, and the game was playing faster than it was suppost to. I really did't like that. I am going to end up buying the game eventually when I get a good deal lol.[/quote]There are mutators you can choose when setting up a game that affect the gameplay in various ways ... one of them speeds it up.

Thinking of getting this game, have a few questions tho.

How does this game compare to Resistance?

Is there offline story co-op?

Does it have 4 player offline multiplayer like Resistance?

[quote name='Scorch']what the fuck happened to playing tonight?! where are you at, sean!?[/QUOTE]

Haha Ummm....I maybe slept for...10 hours last night.

All my sleep deprivation from school caught up to me!:bouncy:

[quote name='jman619']I don't know what it was,but I went to one server, and my ping was about the same, and the game was playing faster than it was suppost to.[/quote]Dedicated server mod more than likely.

[quote name='gokou36']How does this game compare to Resistance?

Does it have 4 player offline multiplayer like Resistance?[/quote]

Resistance eats this game's dust.

no, and no.

Sean? Myke? Multiplayer tonight?

[quote name='gokou36']Thinking of getting this game, have a few questions tho.

How does this game compare to Resistance?

Does it have 4 player offline multiplayer like Resistance?[/quote]

theyre very different.
resistancs SP is better
but the online is a lot better on UT3

[quote name='mykevermin']The game just crashed for me as it was loading a Team DM match. the hell?[/quote]
Mine did that last night. I'm going to play soon around 9:30 or so. If anyone wants to join they can if they don't well thats fine to. This is the first time I've asked I usually just play with whoever is on. It will by my last night of playing it for a week or so. I just rented the game I don't own it yet,but I shall I shall.

Just me or severe lag tonight? I joined 10 games online. One was passable, in the others lag was so bad it was unplayable.

EDIT - Forget it. I guess I have to play on a "true" server.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Just me or severe lag tonight? I joined 10 games online. One was passable, in the others lag was so bad it was unplayable.

EDIT - Forget it. I guess I have to play on a "true" server.[/quote]

I haven't had a problem like that tonight,but some servers that wasn't a true one did that extremly bad.

[quote name='seanr1221']Scorch is online, but wont join the game Im in :[[/quote]

Because Scorch wasn't paying attention and was idling on the main menu while other things were being done. I'll hop in.

[quote name='Furashu']yeah how the hell are u rank 350 or w/e lol[/quote]

I'm good! J/k, I don't really know. I think I've been playing on the ranked servers a bunch so all my stats must be getting saved or something... I really don't know how to read the menu.:drool:

Thanks for letting me mop the floor with your face, sean, we'll have to do it again sometime. :) Perhaps next time, we'll be on the same team.

Onward to Rock Band! (360)

[quote name='Scorch']Thanks for letting me mop the floor with your face, sean, we'll have to do it again sometime. :) Perhaps next time, we'll be on the same team.

Onward to Rock Band! (360)[/QUOTE]

Psh and how many suicides did I have? ;)

[quote name='Furashu']dude macor is either REALLY good or is cheating. 300 kills 30 deaths wtf?
woo i got 3rd place good try starskat[/quote]

Yeah I don't know what was going on. One thing they were using the female character, and she seems thinner then everyone else so maybe it is harder to do damange. Everyone is is big and bulky, so I wonder if the hitbox isn't as large for her.

Macor shot my redeemer rocket right in my face right after I fired it and finished me off in the white out flash with a pistol. I thought that was a little suspect, and embrassing! Maybe they were using a mouse?

I also noticed them using the pistol a lot. That is a deadly weapon because you can't really dodge it. There is a ton of ammo and with two in your hands, if you can dodge all the splash damage from the enemies weapon you can take them down.

[quote name='gokou36']Damn, does this game have any splitscreen at all or is it totally 1 player per machine?[/quote]

1p

bread's done
Back