Unreal Tournament III - Gen. Discussion & Info

I need a few people to go through the Campaign with me. I am on the last level in Chapter 3 on Insane. My GT is SweatingBuiiets, feel free to send me an invite.

I was thinking of picking this game up but then I realized it would be kinda pointless if the online community had died off. So does anyone know if there is still a nice amount of people playing it online?

I was actually wondering the same thing. I haven't played an Unreal game since Unreal Championship for the original Xbox, but I saw UT3 for $20 at Walmart and was thinking about picking it up.

The game was always pretty dead. I got it day one and I never saw more than a few games at a time. I ran into the same CAG quite a few times while playing it because the community was so small. I'd imagine it's completely dead by now...

Damn I picked up this game almost a month ago for $20 and have not opened it yet. Have 3 more days until the return period ends. This thread has me thinking that I should return it and wait till it drops to $10.

[quote name='jdeluis']Damn I picked up this game almost a month ago for $20 and have not opened it yet. Have 3 more days until the return period ends. This thread has me thinking that I should return it and wait till it drops to $10.[/quote]

What's the point? Take it back and get something better or more populated.

It was worth the $10 just to see UT in high def and play against some bots for a change. I have yet to try out the single player campaign though.

I believe there was a thread on here asking for a UT night for 360 users but it looks like the interest was lost pretty quickly.

I'd return it. I sold mine for 20 last month. It's a pretty fun game, and it's sad to see it didn't do well. Just never caught on. It needed major balancing for multiplayer and single player was retarded. Plus for some reason, no one ever talked online, I felt as though I was playing against bots every match. I owned it both on ps3 and 360.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I personally think Epic should have gone with Unreal Championship 3.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps.

I figure that if UT3 really is a lackluster game to many people (I personally find it great), it probably is that way because, aside from Unreal Championship 2, Epic has never developed an Unreal game entirely independently. Digital Extremes has co-developed every other game in the series with them (except for UC2, which Epic did solo, Unreal II, which was developed by Legend, and UC1, which was developed entirely by Digital Extremes), so I imagine their complete absence from UT3 could indeed stick out. Epic did a bang-up job with UC2 all by themselves, so perhaps a third Championship could have been a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='silent h3ro']UT3 is dead on every platform unfortunately. UT2004 is still the king of Unreal games.[/quote]

Glad to hear it's still alive and kicking. I just assumed it had died off.

I used to play UT2004 hours on end. I'm looking forward to going home and installing it again now that I know it's not dead...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='silent h3ro']In terms of people playing online at any given time, there are many more 2004 players.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I took "king of Unreal games" as a quality judgement, not a statement on how many people are online.

bread's done
Back