Unreal Tournament III - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Walt Jay']For those that are playing it now, how is the player base as far as population? I played the PS3 version, and my only complaint (although it is a big one) is that not a lot of people seemed to be playing it, which is the death knell for a multiplayer-centric game.[/QUOTE]

there's a handful of games going on, i do see it increasing once the game is really released though, doesn't it "officially" come out tomorrow or something?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']No Unreal game will ever be as good as UT2004.[/QUOTE]

Correction.. no game will ever be as good as the original Unreal Tournament, 2004 was fine, but nothing compared to the original.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']Correction.. no game will ever be as good as the original Unreal Tournament, 2004 was fine, but nothing compared to the original.[/QUOTE]

That is an incorrect correction. Sofa King Kool was right.

team deathmatch has a ton of games goin on for the pure servers

game was fine online, just a little lag (probably b/c i was downloading something though)

[quote name='AshesofWake']there's a handful of games going on, i do see it increasing once the game is really released though, doesn't it "officially" come out tomorrow or something?[/quote]

7/9 (today) was supposed to the official release date. GS/EB listed the release date as 7/7, so they got it in yesterday. I believe Amazon got it yesterday too. Retail outlets like Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc. should've gotten it today. I'm guessing the official street date is today, so that's why it's on the shelf.

LinkinPrime: Glad I could help.

What a bunch of crap. So, I ordered my copy on the Amazon DOTD yesterday with 1-day shipping and the current delivery estimate is MONDAY! If I go look at the product page today it says "Want it delivered Thursday, July 10? Order it in the next 1 hour and 10 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout."

So, I can only get it tomorrow if I cancel my $45 order with 1-day shipping and make a new order for $60 and 1-day shipping.....what a load! And customer service just said to call back to get my 1-day shipping refunded when I get my order on Monday since shipping can't be changed at this point.

[quote name='woodcan']What a bunch of crap. So, I ordered my copy on the Amazon DOTD yesterday with 1-day shipping and the current delivery estimate is MONDAY! If I go look at the product page today it says "Want it delivered Thursday, July 10? Order it in the next 1 hour and 10 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout."

So, I can only get it tomorrow if I cancel my $45 order with 1-day shipping and make a new order for $60 and 1-day shipping.....what a load! And customer service just said to call back to get my 1-day shipping refunded when I get my order on Monday since shipping can't be changed at this point.[/quote]

Yeah that's pretty much all they do when something like that happens. I did free two-day shipping with Prime after ordering late last night at around 8 or 9PM CST and it shipped out today with an estimate of Friday. If you're lucky (or prod them hard enough) they might give an extra $5 coupon code for a future order.

[quote name='Wolve11']holding down the right button on the d-pad to talk is annoying as heck...anyone figure a way to disable that?[/QUOTE]

No but you can reassign the button.

Quick question (sorry if it's been asked already):

Can you play split-screen offline multiplayer with bots? So for example, if my cousin comes over, can we play splitscreen against each other with the rest of the teams filled by bots? Thanks in advance for whomever can answer this for me.

[quote name='toper']Quick question (sorry if it's been asked already):

Can you play split-screen offline multiplayer with bots? So for example, if my cousin comes over, can we play splitscreen against each other with the rest of the teams filled by bots? Thanks in advance for whomever can answer this for me.[/quote]

Yep.

To anyone with experience with one day shipping, is it bad that my order for this game still says "Items shipping soon"? I really need this by tomorrow. It's about 9:15 pm here now, and it still says "shipping soon". I paid an extra $15 buck to have it here by tomorrow...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']To anyone with experience with one day shipping, is it bad that my order for this game still says "Items shipping soon"? I really need this by tomorrow. It's about 9:15 pm here now, and it still says "shipping soon". I paid an extra $15 buck to have it here by tomorrow...[/quote]

buy it at a B&M store (best buy, CC, etc) then play it now and when your amazon one arrives, just return that copy to the store

[quote name='swetooth9']buy it at a B&M store (best buy, CC, etc) then play it now and when your amazon one arrives, just return that copy to the store[/quote]

That's what I'm considering doing given how I too got screwed by Amazon.

Sofa, I'm in the same boat (see previous post) except I only paid $4 for the 1-day shipping (Amazon Prime) :)

I love this game :) I wish I could play it more but my place is 80 degrees inside in the summer and I'm paranoid about heat damage to my stuff.

[quote name='deadgopher']I love this game :) I wish I could play it more but my place is 80 degrees inside in the summer and I'm paranoid about heat damage to my stuff.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I haven't turned on my 360 in a week. I'm moving all my stuff to the basement in a few days, once I establish an internet connection down there.

Fortunately though, it's not very hot today, and my game just arrived.

I was bummed out that the single player campaign is more of a tutorial and since I can't play online due to high ping I'll prob just wait for the game to hit the 30 bucks mark. Still it seems like everything I had played on the PC but I hear the controls work really well.

God damn it. I HATE when they print temporary promos on the cover art. Did anyone else get a box with a big "GEARS OF WAR 2 SNEAK PEAK" on it? Why the fuck wouldn't they just make it a sticker?

[quote name='woodcan']That's what I'm considering doing given how I too got screwed by Amazon.

Sofa, I'm in the same boat (see previous post) except I only paid $4 for the 1-day shipping (Amazon Prime) :)[/QUOTE]

Same here, mine is supposed to ship today and get here tomorrow. Prime is the only reason I'm not complaining about it, I used to email them when it was like 15 bucks to have one day only to wait three or four but at 4 bucks I can't get to worked up.

I'm surprised there aren't more people playing this. I expected to see hundreds of servers.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this. I like the bright open maps a lot more than the dark enclosed ones. We need to get a CAG game started sometime soon. It would be a blast. Has anyone created a "CAG UT3" profile?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'm surprised there aren't more people playing this. I expected to see hundreds of servers.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this. I like the bright open maps a lot more than the dark enclosed ones. We need to get a CAG game started sometime soon. It would be a blast. Has anyone created a "CAG UT3" profile?[/quote]

I dig the 'ice ship' map. I think that's my favorite, thus far.

stupid question, but on the back of the box, it says OPTIMIZED FOR HARD DRIVE

Does that mean we can install to the HDD like the PS3 version?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'm surprised there aren't more people playing this. I expected to see hundreds of servers.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this. I like the bright open maps a lot more than the dark enclosed ones. We need to get a CAG game started sometime soon. It would be a blast. Has anyone created a "CAG UT3" profile?[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing...maybe a weekly CAG UT3 gaming session?

that would rule

[quote name='cubs2321']Same here, mine is supposed to ship today and get here tomorrow. Prime is the only reason I'm not complaining about it, I used to email them when it was like 15 bucks to have one day only to wait three or four but at 4 bucks I can't get to worked up.[/quote]

:bouncy: Woohoo, got the e-mail earlier today that my copy is shipping today and expected tomorrow...God-willing I will see you guys online tomorrow night!

[quote name='chasemurata']I dig the 'ice ship' map. I think that's my favorite, thus far.[/quote]

I like that one weird map thats like a cityscape that has portals to a
Ice Station and some kind of Lagoon area.
sorry, dont know what its called...

[quote name='Khondor']I like that one weird map thats like a cityscape that has portals to a
Ice Station and some kind of Lagoon area.
sorry, dont know what its called...[/quote]

Yes, I know the map you describe. That's another good map. I also dig the one on the spaceship. I got vertigo from attempting to jump into the sun. :dunce:

I hate all of you guys for teasing me. I can't afford this game at all and seeing people on my friends list with it made me unhook live. God I wish I could get a job....

[quote name='Jaybone203']I hate all of you guys for teasing me. I can't afford this game at all and seeing people on my friends list with it made me unhook live. God I wish I could get a job....[/quote]

Sell some of your games, get a visa giftcard, use yourfree360games, get game, have fun.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Does anyone know what this "microphone glitch" is that I keep hearing everybody talking about?[/quote]

Hold down the dpad towards the right so the microphone icon appears on the left side of the screen, then unplug your mic while keeping the dpad held down and plug it back in. Now you don't have to hold down the dpad to talk.

By the way this game is very very fun.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Hold down the dpad towards the right so the microphone icon appears on the left side of the screen, then unplug your mic while keeping the dpad held down and plug it back in. Now you don't have to hold down the dpad to talk.

By the way this game is very very fun.[/quote]

That's awesome. Now I know why they were calling it a life saver.

I can't believe they made it so you have to hold down a button to talk in the first place...

I had heard that the mic glitch can cause some serious lag if enough people in a large game do it. Don't know how true that is though.

[quote name='woodcan']Gonna play now....anyone interested send me an friend request.[/quote]

Ah, so you did bypass Amazon's mishandled shipping? Is tonight going to be our first UT3 night? Shall I shave myself? :cool:

[quote name='RawisJericho']Hold down the dpad towards the right so the microphone icon appears on the left side of the screen, then unplug your mic while keeping the dpad held down and plug it back in. Now you don't have to hold down the dpad to talk.

By the way this game is very very fun.[/quote]

Does this also work with wireless headsets?

I think the press-to-talk system was implemented as minor way to curb trash-talking. I think.

[quote name='chasemurata']Ah, so you did bypass Amazon's mishandled shipping? Is tonight going to be our first UT3 night? Shall I shave myself? :cool:

Does this also work with wireless headsets?

I think the press-to-talk system was implemented as minor way to curb trash-talking. I think.[/quote]

AFAIK, it does not work with wireless mics. You should give it a try and see though.

I'm amazed at how few people are playing this. I expected hundreds of games, considering the popularity of the past installments. Where is everybody?!

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'm amazed at how few people are playing this. I expected hundreds of games, considering the popularity of the past installments. Where is everybody?![/quote]

Still waiting for my copy from amazon.

[quote name='hec204']Is this game any good? I ordered it, also is there a storyline to know to play the single player?[/quote]

Yes there is single player, but it is supposed to be mediocre.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'm amazed at how few people are playing this. I expected hundreds of games, considering the popularity of the past installments. Where is everybody?![/quote]

I mean, it doesn't really matter how many people are playing as long as you can get in a game; the amount of other people playing in different sessions as you will not affect what you experience...

[quote name='AshesofWake']
so does anybody know if the achievements can be obtained in Player matches?[/quote]

I'm really curious about that as well. Some of the achievements note that they must be obtained in a ranked match, while other have no mention of a ranked match at all...

[quote name='swetooth9']I mean, it doesn't really matter how many people are playing as long as you can get in a game[/quote]

Well, that's the thing, a lot of the time, I can't get into any games. Either that, or the few games I can get into are very, very laggy.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Yes there is single player, but it is supposed to be mediocre.[/quote]

ALL Unreal games that have the world "Tournament" or "Championship" have medicore storylines. Unfortunately, Epic hasn't made a single player based Unreal since Unreal 2 bombed compared to the first Unreal.

bread's done
Back