(UPDATE) Buy a Nintendo DS, get Super Mario 64 DS for free at all major retailers

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know this had been posted as part of the EB June sale, but I just got word that this will be offered at all "participating retailers" across the country. Nintendo produced national TV spots for it yesterday. As far as a start date for the sale, I am going to guess June 12, for thats when the EB sale starts.

UPDATE: Stores confirmed so far

EB Games, thanks Scahom1 link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54032

ebgames.com avail now!!!
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241868.asp

Best Buy, thanks TXboxGuY link:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54789

Sears, thanks TXboxGuY, see page five for pic

Kmart, thanks Dogpatch, see page 7

Gamestop confirmed (starts June15), thanks Chacrana, see page 8

Gamestop.com plat: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020225L

gamestop.com blue:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020252A

Walmart and walmart.com confirmed, thanks JJNova link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3600672&sourceid=23972595173720093424

fry's, thanks hiccupleftovers see page 9

official full list of stores link:

http://www.nintendods.com/mario/

I will update as I get info :)

Pickup Blue Nintendo DS with Free Mario 64 yesterday along w/ X-Men Legend (PS2) and Spidern 2 on Separate receipt. Also, notice $5 coupon is not working but i may go back and ask for (2) $5 off adjustment.

:)

[quote name='tarbelly']Picked up the bundle @ TRU on sunday. I wouldda done bb or eb, but i had $100 in gift cards from my amex. The pro gamers kit is purely worthless, less the little cleaning cloth and the car charger if you need one. I got the blue but it has 2 stuck pixels, one white and one red :cry: Ill be swapping the ds today for another blue and cross my fingers.[/QUOTE]

Swapped it out for a perfect DS! Huzzah!

[quote name='sevdustflyer']damn you gamerush! DAMN YOU TO HELL![/QUOTE]
This needed to be said. And with venemous hatred. Thank you!

I think we can just simplify the OP to say, participating retailers include absolutely every store that sells games EXCEPT the oblivious jerkoffs at GameRush.

Sure Circuit City got caught napping on this deal. But at least THEY have a price matching policy. GR can't even get that right!

-DM

How does store pickup at BB work? I order online and they pull the things to be picked up in store correct? How long does this usually take?

Okay, I'm getting it from bestbuy.com with the $10 off and in-store pickup to save on shipping, but none of the stores near me have Mario 64 in stock, so I'm having that shipped for free. Now I just have to decide which color.

I chose Titanium.

I picked mines up earlier today , electric blue with a separate mario 64 ds, this color is sleek, i previously beat this game for n64 but i agree that the mini games are fun , and being able to play as the other guys is fun too , i think i'll beat it for the ds as well !

[quote name='Samurai X']I picked mines up earlier today , electric blue with a separate mario 64 ds, this color is sleek, i previously beat this game for n64 but i agree that the mini games are fun , and being able to play as the other guys is fun too , i think i'll beat it for the ds as well ![/QUOTE]
I beat it too, but that was so many years ago, and this is a good reason to replay it.

Just picked up a blue DS, this thing looks sweet! Having mario 64 shipped to me for free. Thanks for the tip on the BB coupon. For some reason they screwed up while checking me out when I went to pick it up, and my total ending up being a few dollars less than what it should have been because she manually adjusted the price somehow, not that I'm complaining :). Great deal!

I went to bestbuy first because i was going to get it there but they didn't have anything, no blue ds no mario , so then i went to EB where they did have it , the guy was like you are lucky man this is the last copy of mario i have, so i asked him , what does the person who comes after me get do you offer him another game of equal or lesser value altough i knew it's while supplies last , i wanted to see if i could get another game alltough i love this one , he quickly said , No man it's while supplies last, they still had like 10 blue Ds's but no mario , i guess they won't be selling those until they get more marios , now im going to get my friends to get one too so that i can have someone to use pictochat with and play multiplayer, noone i know has it yet , but i think that as soon as they see mines they will want one !

Maybe I'm a sucker but I used the money off at Bestbuy to get the $20 replacement plan. I've worked retail so I know them plans are usually bunk, but I think $20 for two years is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Bestbuy is usually pretty good with honoring them, and the DS touchscreen is bound to take wear and tear.

What if you don't WANT Mario 64 DS? I played it a bit, and I just miss the analog stick too much...but I want a cheaper DS. Anyone know of a way I can return Mario for another game, or something along those lines?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']What if you don't WANT Mario 64 DS? I played it a bit, and I just miss the analog stick too much...but I want a cheaper DS. Anyone know of a way I can return Mario for another game, or something along those lines?[/QUOTE]

You could always trade it in at an EB or Gamestop and get store credit to get something else.

Well I grabbed my DS and Mario monday. I went with the Blue DS and so far, I really enjoy it. The controls for Mario 64 are a damn pain in the ass, but the mini-games are entertaining me to no end. I opted for the $20 replacment thing just because I know within 2 years, this thing is gonna get messed up. I did the same thing for my cd player and they didnt me any trouble when I brought it in, just gave me a new one like the plan said they would. Thanks for the orginal tip OP. If it wasnt for you, I would have just spent all my money over the weekend and never would have had enough to purchase the DS at this price. Thanks again.

for those who dont have it yet, myself included, gamestop has officially listed the deal on its site in both colors. Now all I have to do is get over there and spend my $215.38 credit :)

Has anyone been able to get this deal at Circuit City yet with a pricematch? I have a CC credit card, and I'd rather go there for the deal than any of the other locations. Thanks!

Any chance that Target stores will get in on this in the near future? I have a 20% off special coupon for any item in the electronics department (long story...don't ask).

[quote name='Moxio']Does anyone know how long this will last? An ad says it's only for this week.[/QUOTE]
Depends on the store. Some started on the 15th others started last sunday. Saturday should be your last chance in most cases.

[quote name='fraeone']can anybody take a picture of their electric blue ds? the promo shots are always so misleading.[/QUOTE]
Someone took a pic in the DS/GBA forum. The blue color doesn't come through well in most pics. Its a blurplish color. (Part Blue and part purple.) Some angles it looks purple and at other angles it looks like a metallic royal blue. (It looks nothing like the cobalt SP) It kind of looks like those older honda civic si blues.

[quote name='NeueZiel']Any chance that Target stores will get in on this in the near future? I have a 20% off special coupon for any item in the electronics department (long story...don't ask).[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they are including the Mario game, but right now they are including a $25 gift card with the purchase of a DS. It's on an ad in the Chicago Tribune.

[quote name='shajek']Not sure if they are including the Mario game, but right now they are including a $25 gift card with the purchase of a DS. It's on an ad in the Chicago Tribune.[/QUOTE]

Cool, the SMB64 is only $29.99 so I would only have to pay $5 for that, so it would work well to my advantage since after I use that coupon on the DS I will get about $30 back. Thanks for the heads up on that.

[quote name='Sk']Depends on the store. Some started on the 15th others started last sunday. Saturday should be your last chance in most cases.[/QUOTE]

I hope it lasts a little longer. Otherwise I better get to Wal-Mart and lay one away.

Haven't people been getting boxes with the Mario 64 inside them at Wal-Mart? If they have entirely new packaging for the deal, and it's at basically every retailer, it seems like it's going to last longer than a week. At least I hope so.

I decided I want the Electric Blue as opposed to my Titanium one. I got the original from Wal-Mart on release day, and still have teh receipt. I am going to take it in and say it's defective and ask for a new one, then grab the blue one. If the poster above me is correct, I will be receiveing another copy of Mario, which I can get store credit for somewhere else. :D

[quote name='saetia']I decided I want the Electric Blue as opposed to my Titanium one. I got the original from Wal-Mart on release day, and still have teh receipt. I am going to take it in and say it's defective and ask for a new one, then grab the blue one. If the poster above me is correct, I will be receiveing another copy of Mario, which I can get store credit for somewhere else. :D[/QUOTE]

I thought returns were like 90 days?

An update on the availability of this deal (as of 2pm PST Sunday)

http://www.nintendods.com/mario now only lists Fred Meyer and Wal-Mart as participating. Fred Meyer's ad says the price is good through next Saturday (6/25), and I can't find a circular for Wal-Mart with a date, but it's probably good for another week too.

EBGames and GameStop both still have the offer on their web page.

This is ending? Very odd. I thought this deal would continue for a while...Oh well.
I'll wait till I find a used blue DS and swap mine out.

If you are afraid that this deal may end, you may want to check your local Walmart. Mine had 6 blue DS'es in stock yesterday all with the Mario 64 DS packed inside the box. Maybe other retailers will start offering this package?

Hey, if anyone picked up this bundle and doesn't want their Super Mario DS game, check my tradelist below to see if we can swing a trade for it.

[quote name='bluetoast']Dammit. Can you theoretically take part in this if you bought a DS a few weeks earlier?[/QUOTE]

You mean get Mario 64? Doubful.

[quote name='bluetoast']Dammit. Can you theoretically take part in this if you bought a DS a few weeks earlier?[/QUOTE]

Depends on where you bought it. Some places, like Best Buy, have a price guarantee policy where if you find a better deal within x # of days from purchase, they'll refund you the difference. In a case like this where the difference isn't cash, you could probably talk them into giving you the game if you would otherwise qualify for a pricematch. Call the store you bought it from and look into it.

nintendo is completely sueding me to their side. Get a few board games and maybe a cool new color (or a logitch style case where you can put in your own plates) and I'll be a DS owner for sure

for now, ive got to save my money for a bass guitar

still would be a helluva lot harder with a $250 system with $50 games

[quote name='abilyk']Depends on where you bought it. Some places, like Best Buy, have a price guarantee policy where if you find a better deal within x # of days from purchase, they'll refund you the difference. In a case like this where the difference isn't cash, you could probably talk them into giving you the game if you would otherwise qualify for a pricematch. Call the store you bought it from and look into it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the info. My brother bought it at Gamestop, so I don't think that's possible. Every time we see the commercial, he's like: "Dont. Say. Anything."

bread's done
Back