[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

When you trade something into GS, if I recall correctly, they took some personal info from you -- is that still the case? It's been years since I traded something in. What info do you need to do a trade-in?

[quote name='bsesb2003']When you trade something into GS, if I recall correctly, they took some personal info from you -- is that still the case? It's been years since I traded something in. What info do you need to do a trade-in?[/QUOTE]

dude all you need is a ID thats pretty much it nothing else its no sweet you give them the games and they give you credit or cash

[quote name='lordnovas']dude all you need is a ID thats pretty much it nothing else its no sweet you give them the games and they give you credit or cash[/quote]

id= name, address, age

[quote name='bsesb2003']Cool, I'm thinkin of trading in the DS towards a DS light. I think the deal is running out soon.[/quote]
lite*

Sorry, anyways I was thinking about trading in today and had a quick question. I know they frown upon trading in two of the same games but is it ok if they are for different platforms. I.E. Max payne 2 (ps2 and a xbox copy)

Ugh... guy at my EB today hadn't been told about the deal being extended. I anticipate having issues if I wait for my GI to arrive to try to stack the 30% coupon with this.

Hopefully if I call again tomorrow I can get the manager and he should have read the emails.

Does anyone know what We Love Katamari trades in at? The Wiki says $12, but with no date. My TRU still has a few left at $10.48 each. If it still trades at $12, I could make $6.38 on each one.

I'm a little paranoid about the deal extending, mainly because there was a false alarm last time about an extension that then got revoked at the last second.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm a little paranoid about the deal extending, mainly because there was a false alarm last time about an extension that then got revoked at the last second.[/quote]
Yeah... that's why I wanna find someone who tells me that the deal is extended, so they won't be against honoring it for me if they do cancel it again, since their word would be the reason I waited.

I went into TWO different ones and they told be the same thing, that it had been extended... Maybe you should try calling around to other locations so you can be satified.

[quote name='mer71']Does anyone know what We Love Katamari trades in at? The Wiki says $12, but with no date. My TRU still has a few left at $10.48 each. If it still trades at $12, I could make $6.38 on each one.[/quote]

Go to a Gamestop and ask them to check for you. I just played it off and said, "hey I have Sonic Heros on the PS2... If I brought it in, how much would I get for it?" and he looked it up along with an other one I asked about.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Go to a Gamestop and ask them to check for you. I just played it off and said, "hey I have Sonic Heros on the PS2... If I brought it in, how much would I get for it?" and he looked it up along with an other one I asked about.[/quote]

Calling works as well

[quote name='NamPaehc']I went into TWO different ones and they told be the same thing, that it had been extended... Maybe you should try calling around to other locations so you can be satified.[/quote]
Oh, I believe it's been extended, I just need to find someone at the store where I will be trading to tell me that.

Last time this deal ran, it was extended, then on Sunday night an email was sent out telling them that it was no longer extended.

I traded in 3 games yesterday, the base values:

Mr. Driller: Drill Sprits (DS) - $3 (Same as listed in the Wiki, maybe update the date to show it still is the same)
Mario and Luigi: PiT (DS) - $15 (Same)
Zelda: OoT + MQ (GCN) - $20 (Wiki says $18, so it went up $2)

$38 and I ended up with $65.34 after $10 bonus, 30% coupon, and 10% more card. :)

Got the following today:

PS2
Enter the Matrix: $1
Eye Toy Groove: $1

Xbox
Mech Assault 2: $2
Soul Calibur II: $2
Splinter Cell: $1 (this was one of the Clancy Triple Pack games)
World Championship Poker: $1

DS
Ridge Racer: $2.50

I was told at one store that they shouldn't take Enter the Matrix because it only sells for $2.99 and thus is on the excluded list. However, he took it anyway as a favor. So, not sure if that's just his ideas, or if there will be some modification to the deal to exclude anything you can buy from them for less than $4 or so. Just a heads up :D.

[quote name='io']
I was told at one store that they shouldn't take Enter the Matrix because it only sells for $2.99 and thus is on the excluded list. However, he took it anyway as a favor. So, not sure if that's just his ideas, or if there will be some modification to the deal to exclude anything you can buy from them for less than $4 or so. Just a heads up :D.[/quote]

I was told at one store that they don't take anything that rings up at a dollar or less but haven't run into a problem yet.

The store I went to today tried to tell me that the deal is only for the first three games you trade in. I tried telling the manager about how everyother store has it for every three, he wouldn't budge. Then I suggested he call his DM, and he changed it ^.^

Anyway, some numbers I picked up the last few days:
Xbox:
Splinter Cell - $1
Ghost Recon - $1
Rainbow Six - $3

PS2:
Kingdom Hearts - $9
Sly 2: Band of Thevies - $4
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - $4
Megaman Anniversary Collection - $7
La Pucelle: Tactics: $8
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time: $8

Gamecube:
Sonic Heroes: $4

DS:
Kirby: Canvas Curse: $7
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time: $15
Meteos: $7
Super Mario 64 DS: $11
Brain Age: $8

Stopped by yesterday to trade in 12 games, which I ended up with just over $80 in credit, pushing me to over $215 in credit right now.

Ape Escape 2 (PS2) - $6
Blinx 2 (Xbox) - $2.50
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (PS2) - $1
Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox) - $2.50
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (PS2) - $1 (I didn't realize I had this in there. :lol:)
Hot Shots Golf 3 (PS2) - $2
Jet Li Rise to Honor (PS2) - $1.50
Lupin the Third: Treasure of the Sorcerer King (PS2) - $2
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks (Xbox) - $8
Rocky (GC) - $2
SSX 3 (Xbox) - $2.50
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (PS2) - $1.50

Not bad at all since I was almost expecting about $60-$70 for the bunch.

I just went to trade-in 6 of my games (Sonic Rush, Timesplitters, State of Emergency, Enter the Matrix, Shinobi, and Super Mario Sunshine) and they traded them in fine, they actually didn't even open a single case to check for scratches..

However, when he said the total for all of them was $27.00, I asked him about the extra credit for the games. Then, he tells me that he used my extra credit to put on Game Informer magazine, thus leaving me with only $5.00 of actual credit that I'm supposed to get.

I didn't argue with him about it since my Nintendo Power subscription ends this month, and I wanted another magazine anyway.. but are they even aloud todo that without permisison? That seems kinda sneaky.. I should probably report them for doing that actually, even though I don't mind getting the magazine.

For those wondering, here's what I got for each:

Sonic Rush (DS): $7.00 ($13.20 with deal and Edge Card)
Timesplitters (PS2): $1.00 (this apperently didn't count towards the bonus, according to the receipt.. - $1.10 with Edge Card)
Super Mario Sunshine (GC): $7.00 ($13.20 with deal and Edge Card)
Enter the Matrix (PS2): $1.00 (this apperently didn't count towards the bonus also - $1.10 with Edge Card)
State of Emergency (PS2): $1.00 ($6.60 with deal and Edge Card)
Shinobi (PS2): $2.00 ($7.70 with deal and Edge Card)

Total = $42.90 - $14.99 unauthorized GI subscription = $27.91

[quote name='LegendKiller2411']I just went to trade-in 6 of my games (Sonic Rush, Timesplitters, State of Emergency, Enter the Matrix, Shinobi, and Super Mario Sunshine) and they traded them in fine, they actually didn't even open a single case to check for scratches..

However, when he said the total for all of them was $27.00, I asked him about the extra credit for the games. Then, he tells me that he used my extra credit to put on Game Informer magazine, thus leaving me with only $5.00 of actual credit that I'm supposed to get.

I didn't argue with him about it since my Nintendo Power subscription ends this month, and I wanted another magazine anyway.. but are they even aloud todo that without permisison? That seems kinda sneaky.. I should probably report them for doing that actually, even though I don't mind getting the magazine.

Timesplitters (PS2): $1.00 (this apperently didn't count towards the bonus, according to the receipt.. - $1.10 with Edge Card)
Enter the Matrix (PS2): $1.00 (this apperently didn't count towards the bonus also - $1.10 with Edge Card)

Total = $42.90 - $14.99 unauthorized GI subscription = $27.91[/quote]Definitely shady that they threw the GI on there without asking. Was your Edge card still valid, or did you only get the Edge bonus because they gave you the sub? If so, you just paid extra for... the magazine, which sure as hell ain't worth it.

And as for the values on the receipt, they just totalled it up differently. Looks like they put $5 on four games instead of $3.33 on six.

So $1 games no longer count towards the $10 bonus? Is it an isolated incidence from an disgruntled employee or is it a new rule for most EB/GS right now?

So i went to EB & traded a few games...

I tried trading the Tom Clancy pack but they wouldn't accept them cuz it was in a jewel case...

So i went to Gamestop & some chick carded me & crap...She was like you have to be 18 WITH ID!!!! Are you 18 & i'm like yeah a decade ago...Anyway they took the Clancy pack but wouldn't give me the extra 10% with Game edge card...I was like every other store i've traded in has given it to me...She was like, no our store...

So i ended up just trading the Clancy pack & kept my other games...
No Cooking Mamma so I ended up picking 3 movies (Fighting Tommy Riley, Dog Day Afternoon 2-disc, & Varsity Blues) for $9...Then she gave me my receipt & apparently have $5.31 left over...I looked at the receipt & what do you know, it says i got the 10% extra after all...

[quote name='botticus']Definitely shady that they threw the GI on there without asking. Was your Edge card still valid, or did you only get the Edge bonus because they gave you the sub? If so, you just paid extra for... the magazine, which sure as hell ain't worth it.

And as for the values on the receipt, they just totalled it up differently. Looks like they put $5 on four games instead of $3.33 on six.[/quote]
Definitely not, especially when you can get a two year subscription to Game Informer for around $8.00 on eBay. I would call the DM about it, and see if you can get a refund for it since they didn't even ask you.

[quote name='LegendKiller2411']

Total = $42.90 - $14.99 unauthorized GI subscription = $27.91[/quote]

...they did count towards bonus, the bonus was just added elsewhere...amazing how people never double check the receipt

19+20=39+39*.1=42.9

looks like 1 dollar games still work for this deal

[quote name='ureadyforacold1']...they did count towards bonus, the bonus was just added elsewhere...amazing how people never double check the receipt

19+20=39+39*.1=42.9

looks like 1 dollar games still work for this deal[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't say they didn't count. =p I said according to the receipt, it didn't give me a bonus, when it actually did.

[quote name='botticus']
Definitely shady that they threw the GI on there without asking. Was your Edge card still valid, or did you only get the Edge bonus because they gave you the sub? If so, you just paid extra for... the magazine, which sure as hell ain't worth it.

And as for the values on the receipt, they just totalled it up differently. Looks like they put $5 on four games instead of $3.33 on six.[/quote]

Nope, I had an EB Edge card.. they oddly said it was invalid though (even though my brother traded-in 12 games on it just 2 days ago to a different EB). They said that they are re-validating them for free though today, and he said I was lucky (I don't see how it was invalid in the first place). Then, he came around the counter and grabbed two GI's, I figured they were for someone else at first.. then he scanned them into my thing and told me my total. Like I said, I didn't want to make a huge scene there, and I needed a magazine anyway, but still... sounds kinda fishy to me (especially them not even checking a single case I brought-in for scratches or anything).

I updated the Wiki with the last 3 pages of trade-in prices. There are many more before that which haven't been put in. It seems not many people are updating these days :cry:. I put myself in that camp too - except I made up a bit for it tonight.

Had a pretty good experience at EB today.

Rounded up a whole bunch of games I didn't play anymore and headed on down.

Here's the prices:
Twisted Metal: Black $2.50
Devil May Cry $4.00
X-Men Legends $3.00
Max Payne 2 $0.50
XIII $1.50
Burnout Revenge $8.00
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance $4.00
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X $3.00
Kingdom Hearts $9.00

After the $30 bonus was tacked on, I had around $65 in value there. The sales rep convinced me that an Edge card might be good, and I spend a few minutes running the math. The fact, that the card would instantly give me an extra $6.50 or so on my trade-in value meant I'd only have to buy and trade a total of about $90 there in the next year to break even on the deal. And I figure there's a good chance of me getting close to that. Plus I actually like Game Informer, so that's just a nice bonus.

The sales rep just took the edge card price off my trade in value and I was left with just under $60 on my card. Since I only shop their B2G1 sales, I figure I'll get at least a half dozen games out of that credit. Not bad at all.

I figure at best, this might save me a couple bucks. At worst, I'm getting a really cheap magazine subscription.

Xbox
Phantom Dust $1.50
Psychonauts $8.00

PS2
Strike Force Bowling $2.00

All before Bonus.

What sucks is I called on Friday to get the value of Phantom Dust. I was quoted $7 so I thought I was set. When I went in Saturday to trade the value had dropped to 1.50! Kinda pissed me off.

ROFL. Thanks to the TRU glitch, I'm trading in 3 copies of Zelda: WW, 3 copies of Gran Turismo 4, and 3 copies of Kingdom Hearts for $8 each, times 9 copies = $72 plus $30 for the "extra $10 for 3 deal" which totals $102 and thanks to that glitch, it only cost me $19 out of my pocket! MUAHAHAHA!

[quote name='LegendKiller2411']Yeah, I didn't say they didn't count. =p I said according to the receipt, it didn't give me a bonus, when it actually did.

Nope, I had an EB Edge card.. they oddly said it was invalid though (even though my brother traded-in 12 games on it just 2 days ago to a different EB). They said that they are re-validating them for free though today, and he said I was lucky (I don't see how it was invalid in the first place). Then, he came around the counter and grabbed two GI's, I figured they were for someone else at first.. then he scanned them into my thing and told me my total. Like I said, I didn't want to make a huge scene there, and I needed a magazine anyway, but still... sounds kinda fishy to me (especially them not even checking a single case I brought-in for scratches or anything).[/quote]

part of that story does sound shady, but if it was an unvalid card(they do expire after a year) then he could have been reissuing the card again. Cause you even said yourself that you do need a magazine, so im assuming they stopped sending you GI, which would mean your card/account expired. just my take on it.

Max payne 2 (xbox)- $.50
Jak and Daxter- $2
max payne (ps2)- $1
robotech battlecry (ps2)- $1
Mat hoffan bmx 2 (ps2) - $1
state of emergency (ps2) - $1
Jak 2- $2
THPS3 (ps2)- $1
Max payne 2/Jak and daxter- $2

Funny thing about the last one, early in the week I switched cases and apparently it still had the jak and daxter sticker on it. So when he scanned in the ps2 version of max payne 2, it rang up jak and daxter again. Oh well, $1.50 extra, woo! Anyways, overall 9 games bought with the gamestop.com glitch, so they were $11 overall. After bonuses and edge, I got $45.62 and with that I got season 2 of arrested development and hitman blood money (ps2, used). Not too bad for $11.

After the $30 bonus was tacked on, I had around $65 in value there. The sales rep convinced me that an Edge card might be good, and I spend a few minutes running the math. The fact, that the card would instantly give me an extra $6.50 or so on my trade-in value meant I'd only have to buy and trade a total of about $90 there in the next year to break even on the deal. And I figure there's a good chance of me getting close to that. Plus I actually like Game Informer, so that's just a nice bonus.

It could be less than that. Check near the back of your October issue for a cardboard insert.

[quote name='icecubedx5']ROFL. Thanks to the TRU glitch, I'm trading in 3 copies of Zelda: WW, 3 copies of Gran Turismo 4, and 3 copies of Kingdom Hearts for $8 each, times 9 copies = $72 plus $30 for the "extra $10 for 3 deal" which totals $102 and thanks to that glitch, it only cost me $19 out of my pocket! MUAHAHAHA![/quote]
I assume you mean TRU.com glitch, right? I bet the chance you will get them is below 0% since it is all over the deal world, aka, dealsea, SD, fatwallet.

[quote name='SpazX']Yeah if the other thread is correct, but I'm going out today just so I don't get screwed :p[/quote]

Yeah, I will go out to trade in a few more garbage games just in case. Last time, I got screwed because of the fake inside info that deal was extended.

[quote name='chior']
Yeah, I will go out to trade in a few more garbage games just in case. Last time, I got screwed because of the fake inside info that deal was extended.[/quote] It wasn't fake, it was just extended and then they changed their minds and sent out a last minute email cancelling the extension.

But I'm debating what to do myself... get my trades in now to be sure, or wait for my GI to come with the 30% extra coupon and possibly lose out on the extra $10. Though in all honesty, the 30% probably wouldn't be more than a couple bucks, so it's the risk-reward ratio isn't very high.

[quote name='botticus']It wasn't fake, it was just extended and then they changed their minds and sent out a last minute email cancelling the extension.

But I'm debating what to do myself... get my trades in now to be sure, or wait for my GI to come with the 30% extra coupon and possibly lose out on the extra $10. Though in all honesty, the 30% probably wouldn't be more than a couple bucks, so it's the risk-reward ratio isn't very high.[/quote]

even if its not extended...isnt it just a matter of weeks before another trade in 5/4/3 get 10$ extra pop up?

You talking about the coupon for 30% more on trade-in on certain Wii/PS3 games? Looks like it can't be combined with other trade in deals if they go by the details on the bottom.

Traded my last 3 games today.
Brings up my total to $847 credit.
Now the hard decision is what to get, since i don't have any 'next gen' systems yet. =]

[quote name='icecubedx5']ROFL. Thanks to the TRU glitch, I'm trading in 3 copies of Zelda: WW, 3 copies of Gran Turismo 4, and 3 copies of Kingdom Hearts for $8 each, times 9 copies = $72 plus $30 for the "extra $10 for 3 deal" which totals $102 and thanks to that glitch, it only cost me $19 out of my pocket! MUAHAHAHA![/quote]

What glitch?

I have Issue 162, it has Nero from DMC4 on the cover. If that is the same issue, then the coupon inside of it says-

"30% bonus Trade Credit!

Get 30% bonus trade credit for any trades towards the reservation or purchase of the following:

A) Gears of War - Xbox 360
B) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Gamecube/Wii
C)FF:XII (regular or collector's edition) - PS2
D) GTA: Vice City Stories - PSP
E) Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - DS
F) Any Wii game or accessories
G) Any PS3 game or accessories

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to recieve full value. Cannont be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer expires: 10/31/06"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back