UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I started the game and just don't think the time is right for me. It seems like it'll be awesome, but I just don't want it right now. I'm more focused on Titanfall and GZ is coming out next week, plus I have a few other games.

That said, if anyone wants a PS3 BAE please PM me, I'll sell it $50 shipped. If you're interested and can pay tonight I'll ship it tomorrow morning first class and you should have it Monday or Tuesday. It's literally been in my console and turned on twice (once to install and update during lunch and then played for a bit). Case and slip are in perfect condition, code is unused, soundtrack hasn't been listened to even.

So if anyone's interested PM me asap. I'd rather sell it on here rather than go to eBay or amazon and help a CAG out even if I bring in a little less.

For those looking for BAEs, try your local walmart. Found some at there glass cabinets at a ghetto store though. hehe!

I think I might be the cursed one.  I went to Best Buy to trade in South Park today.  While I was there I picked up The Dark Souls guide (because pricematching) and a coke.  I walked around the mall for an hour before I realized the coke had a pinhole in it and slowly seeped into the bag, totally soaking the guide.  Damn it. 

I think I might be the cursed one. I went to Best Buy to trade in South Park today. While I was there I picked up The Dark Souls guide (because pricematching) and a coke. I walked around the mall for an hour before I realized the coke had a pinhole in it and slowly seeped into the bag, totally soaking the guide. Damn it.
I told myself that I wouldn't buy the guide until after my frist playthrough. I guess this is my punishment.

I am 27 hours in and I dunno...   There are parts I like, but other parts I hate.  I am still having fun, but I think the new director is taking the game in a new direction (like the band).  I don't like fighting weaker versions of monsters I already killed in DS1.   I could go on and on, but instead I will go outside. 

I got mine a day early thank you ups!!! I've been playing the crap out of it this is one of my favorite game series. Love the collectors edition.

Local gamestops have them. You'll have to call and ask them to check for the "Dark Souls 2 Day 1 Edition" (I think it's item 271313)

My replacement copy of the CE from BB.com arrived yesterday. Nice and minty.

Also, my local Gamestop appears to have 3-4 extra copies of the 360 and PS3 "Day 1 Editions". Worth checking out if you're still trying to find one.

Hey everyone, I posted this on OP, but I thought I'd share again here now that game is out. 

If you are looking for a great forum to discuss tactics, then be sure to check this out.

What's great about this forum is people are very respectful and helpful. The best part, IMO, is that it isn't like Gamefaqs. Gamefaqs is great, but when a new game comes out, your questions get buried quick. 

I have the same handle on the site, Evil Champ. Worth checking out. People break down this game with stats, math and and all sorts of stuff. 

Cheers. 

CE: for $102 before tax from gamestop.com

1.)Pick your poison of PS3 or xbox edition.

2.)Use the one time use code of PAYPAL15 to take 15% off one item (also works with the standard edition of Dark Souls 2 that is on the website, they no longer list black armor edition)

3.)enter code SAVER to get free shipping.

4.) CE for $102.00 before tax and with free shipping

My best buy copy arrived beyond fucked. I'm glad I decided to keep my Gamestop one.

Also, my Best Buy has a couple of 360 BA editions, so let me know if you are looking for one and can't find one.

Did anyone else order the BA edition from Newegg?

I just received mine and... it's not even the Black Armor edition.

I specifically ordered the BA edition, but I just checked the order status on the website and I never noticed it until now, but after I ordered they switched me to the regular edition!!  I even have screenshots as proof that it was the BA edition I initially ordered.  I'm not sure what to do now, I really wanted the BA edition but now since I missed my chance to buy it from places like Walmart, I'm pretty much screwed.  Any recommendations on where to go from here?  I guess the best I can get is a refund, but I really wanted to play the game.  If I had known I wouldn't be getting the special edition though, I would have waited for a sale.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really pissed right now.  I thought Newegg was better than this.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really pissed right now. I thought Newegg was better than this.
Not so much. heard too many cancelled orders and standard editions being sent instead of special, CE or LEs. Ever since they started charging tax in CA, I haven't ordered from them.

Got my shipping notification for the Japanese collector's edition I ordered. FedEx says the package is 32 pounds, so either they packed it with bricks, sent the wrong item or that wood box is made of granite. I'm kinda nervous.

Got my shipping notification for the Japanese collector's edition I ordered. FedEx says the package is 32 pounds, so either they packed it with bricks, sent the wrong item or that wood box is made of granite. I'm kinda nervous.
Had similar shipments show up with absurd shipping weights. Generally it seems the sellers can print their own labels/weigh their own stuff (especially bigger stores); So perhaps the seller just guessed (it will be under 32 lbs!) and put that as the weight knowing that the actual weight wouldn't exceed that.

Did anyone else order the BA edition from Newegg?

I just received mine and... it's not even the Black Armor edition.

I specifically ordered the BA edition, but I just checked the order status on the website and I never noticed it until now, but after I ordered they switched me to the regular edition!! I even have screenshots as proof that it was the BA edition I initially ordered. I'm not sure what to do now, I really wanted the BA edition but now since I missed my chance to buy it from places like Walmart, I'm pretty much screwed. Any recommendations on where to go from here? I guess the best I can get is a refund, but I really wanted to play the game. If I had known I wouldn't be getting the special edition though, I would have waited for a sale.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really pissed right now. I thought Newegg was better than this.
Send back and get the BA edition from Amazon, its in stock as of right now for MSRP.

Ya, my CE originally had a shipping weight of 1.1 pounds on the tracking number so I was concerned they sent the wrong edition, but once it passed through Fedex it was reweighed and listed the proper shipping weight.

So is the Black Armor Edition from BestBuy and Amazon really in stock? I don't want to order at full price without getting the cool collectors case and soundtrack.

We already have one here.
No offense, but that thread isn't nearly as active as the other one. I'm not trying to sound mean, but strategy threads just don't work on CAG very well. I checked out your thread when you first shared it, too.

The format just isn't as strong as something with individual threads on individual topics. Anyway, mine was just a suggestion.

I recommended a site where all anyone talks about is DkS II. And they talk about it very in depth. Good luck with it, though.

Ya, my CE originally had a shipping weight of 1.1 pounds on the tracking number so I was concerned they sent the wrong edition, but once it passed through Fedex it was reweighed and listed the proper shipping weight.
That's exactly what happened with my CE. It shed 24 pounds when it got to the FedEx sorting center. Now it matches the Amazon listed weight. Hopefully it gets delivered Monday.

bread's done
Back