UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my BA edition at BB, jerky, coke and $15 gc. Great deal. Got 'This is Dark Souls' trophy by jumping in the abyss at the start. LOL!

So, I recieved my CE from the namco bandai store today and...

I didn't get the shirt either.
Ouch, and I thought my CE looked bad. I just received it from Best Buy and there is a huge tear on the back, along with a couple of dings here and there. Literally looks like an (A) from AWD.

Now I don't even know If I should return it, and buy another one from BB in hopes that it will come in better condition..

Damn shame that I probably won't be playing this tonight, or even this week.

I got my CE last night from GS, they let me use my 15% off on it and I used the $19ish I saved to pre-order the only copy they had of the new Atelier game.  I really hope I didn't steal someone's pre-order :|

Hah - no sooner do I post then Amazon sends me an update. It just shipped with delivery expected Thursday. I actually did have time to play tonight so I'm tempted to see if Best Buy has a BAE copy that I can buy and then when I get the Amazon one return that... But then I don't really want to make a 30 mile round trip drive just to find out they are sold out or only have regular ones (and I can't see getting a straight answer by calling...). Guess I'll just wait and try to finish up Bravely Default in the next 2 days.

Just got back from Best Buy and they had at least 5 more BA copies left for xbox and at least 6 more for ps3, plus they had a ps3 CE for sale in the ps3 section.  The thing is HUGE!

Half of the copies were at the register, which I didn't know.  I brought one of the security boxes with 3 copies of the game in it to the register to get them to open it so I can buy one lol.  I didn't see a standard edition of the game anywhere.

It's official. NO BA ps3 editions anywhere. 360's aplenty though. Seeing as I don't own a 360 anymore, I'll just wait. I'd just assume buy digital if it's case and disc, no manual.

There was a CE though. Man. That thing was beautiful. I have nowhere to put that thing though.

So I went to my Best Buy and

It's official. NO BA ps3 editions anywhere. 360's aplenty though. Seeing as I don't own a 360 anymore, I'll just wait. I'd just assume buy digital if it's case and disc, no manual.

There was a CE though. Man. That thing was beautiful. I have nowhere to put that thing though.
Same here. No PS3 version at my Best Buy.

Got a Collector's Edition from Gamestop no pre order. Xbox 360. Answer some questions werent sure if answered earlier. The BA version inside is indeed sealed like a retail copy. The buldge in the top lwft corner is his helmet popping out which leaves an indent in the slipcover.

Went this morning to Montebello, CA and was told there were no more PS3 Black Armors for non-preorders.

Went home and saw that in-store pickup was available for PS3 BAE. Placed an order and it was ready within an hour.

Went back to the store, cancelled the order, got a Turkey Perkey Jerkey and a Coke along with the $60 two-year Gamers Club Unlocked Card.

Total was $48 PS3 BAE after 20% GCU off + $2.99 Turkey Perkey Jerkey + $2 Coke + $60 GCU = $113 with a $15 GC given afterwards.

Not too shabby.

Target order still hasn't shipped so thought about seeing if my BB had a CE so I could do the jerky + soda deal and cancel the shipment, but no CE's in the store. I hate my mini-BB.

Just got my strategy guide in the mail from Amazon. Totally worth it. I don't use the guide for strategy. Just love the art and everything else. (before I get booed for having a DkS guide)

Love all the stats ...

Some pics ... 

IMAG0310_zpskrkymgmr.jpg
IMAG0312_zps6qceftbh.jpg
IMAG0314_zpsmwrs2kfn.jpg
IMAG0311_zpsbi56dnpq.jpg

Nothing wrong with a guide. I used it when i olayed dark souls. Item list got nerfed at somepoint so the guide became irrelevant. I did enjoy the artworks inside. Bought ds2 guide at bby 2day. Will buy the game down the road.

Nothing wrong with a guide. I used it when i olayed dark souls. Item list got nerfed at somepoint so the guide became irrelevant. I did enjoy the artworks inside. Bought ds2 guide at bby 2day. Will buy the game down the road.
You know what is crazy? The strategy guide does not list what each stat symbol means ... I guess FS expects you to know what a picture of a hand represents or a pair of legs lol ...

Oh, FS.

edit* select ...

Picked up my preorder at BB today, it was totally the BA version so I had no reason to worry I guess. I feel like they could've slipped a mini-artbook or something into the case or SOMETHING, it just feels so weird without any booklet at all except the stupid legal pamphlet.

My store had a few BA editions in stock for both systems. I picked up the guide for $19 after tax and GCU 50% coupon. Bought it for the art.

You know what is crazy? The strategy guide does not list what each stat symbol means ... I guess FS expects you to know what a picture of a hand represents or a pair of legs lol ...

Oh, FS.

edit* select ...
I guess they figured since you can see that in the game using "help", why bother putting it in the $35 guide. :D Anyway, the Souls series are some of the few games where a strategy guide is something I would consider purchasing. I probably wouldn't have completed DS1 without the wiki. I'm playing DS2 around 90% blind right now and I'm hoping I can complete at least one playthrough without resorting to a lot of outside info.

Went in to BB yesterday after work and my store had 5+ copies of :ps3: BAE and an open (outer box was torn and beat up) box CE which they were selling at full price.  Interestingly enough, I tried using the 50% off strategy guide coupon along with the 15% off, GCU and the jerky/coke GC and the GC did not go through because the coupon would not stack with the promotion.  Just FYI for anyone who tries it, YMMV with how store managers choose to honor promotions.

Sadly, BB decided to spider wrap my pre-ordered CE. The box was also dented and torn in pretty much every corner. Not sure what the heck happened, but I ultimately decided to leave it there.

I think I'll try my luck on having one shipped from BBs warehouse.

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a BAE for the Ps3 online or at a store? A little late on the preorder and it's pretty much nonexistent around my way. 

^ You could do this, though I'd wait for hype to die down

A lot of people just sell steel case on eBay after release. They did it with original DkS ... Price is prob real high right now. It will drop in a few months. If you really want to play you can always pick up game and buy case separately later

Kudos for them not over printing these. Usually for these "Special Edition" upgrades (Darkness 2) there are over produced.

saw several BAEs for 360.  I'm assuming the PS3 BAE is similar.  the metal pack looks really cheap, especially when compared to the metal tin that Dark Souls LE (ie first print copies) were housed in.  I hope CEs stay in stock for month so I can nab one online (hopefully at BB) for under $100.

didn't see any guides at the one Best Buy

saw several BAEs for 360. I'm assuming the PS3 BAE is similar. the metal pack looks really cheap, especially when compared to the metal tin that Dark Souls LE (ie first print copies) were housed in. I hope CEs stay in stock for month so I can nab one online (hopefully at BB) for under $100.

didn't see any guides at the one Best Buy
I own both and I think the new metal tin is way better than the first. The first one reminded me of something I would put loose tobacco and rolling papers in lol. I really dig the pop up art on the new one.

This is the first CE I've ever bought and I'm really happy with it. The statue looks so much bigger in person than it did in the advertisements.

This is the first CE I've ever bought and I'm really happy with it. The statue looks so much bigger in person than it did in the advertisements.
I can't even count how many CEs I have bought before hahah. As an animator I always justify it by putting the figures around my desk and keeping them for inspiration haha.

That being said, when I put on the swords, the gold was rubbing off onto my fingers... like a large amount. It does not appear to have had any effect on the figure, the color is still vibrant there, but my fingers were coated. Weird.

Finally caved and bought this today never played a dark souls game before is there any other games this could be compared to? So I know what to expect it just after seeing the solid reviews and that damn steel book case had to have it

Finally caved and bought this today never played a dark souls game before is there any other games this could be compared to? So I know what to expect it just after seeing the solid reviews and that damn steel book case had to have it
It's like Zelda if it wasn't made for toddlers.

It's like Zelda if it wasn't made for toddlers.
More like toddlers if they weren't made for Zelda.

Seriously though I can see the parallels between them but doing that really doest not give the Souls series justice.

There really is nothing like this series for so many reasons, which is why we all have been looking forward to it so much!

Hi, first time poster (mostly just lurk for deals).

Has anybody pre-ordered the Black Armor Edition through estarland? I've never purchased from them before; I usually purchase stuff through Amazon w/ Prime. I was informed after I emailed them about my order that they were "unable to fulfill orders for this edition", and they were going to downgrade to the regular edition. I gave them a call to try and cancel my order after I got the reply email, and they quickly "re-upgraded" me back to the Black Armor, which convinced me enough to keep the order.

It just seems a bit fishy, so I was wondering if anybody has received their copies through this vendor. I'm more interested in playing Dark Souls 2 than to get the "limited edition", but it is still disappointing when stuff like this occurs.

If mega man was a depressing, 3rd-person, sword and sorcery game.

The above reference to Legend of Zelda is pretty correct at least in terms of the combat system. The combat is reminiscent of Ocarina of Tme's system of lock-on, circle strafe, dodge, and attack, but tweaked with a lot more options so it has a greater amount of depth.

Killbomb said:
I guess they figured since you can see that in the game using "help", why bother putting it in the $35 guide. :D Anyway, the Souls series are some of the few games where a strategy guide is something I would consider purchasing. I probably wouldn't have completed DS1 without the wiki. I'm playing DS2 around 90% blind right now and I'm hoping I can complete at least one playthrough without resorting to a lot of outside info.
Heh - I'm going to start tonight and planning to do the same. I played the other two when they had been out for a bit (even though I preordered both I had waited a while to play them) so there were lots of FAQs and such to follow (which I made full use of). This time, though, I'm going in blind.

Also, my Amazon order came a day early! It was here around noon - I was not expecting it until tomorrow. I got the CE and a separate BAE in the box. It was tightly packed with lots of air packs. One bottom corner of the CE is a little dented but it doesn't look like it happened during shipment. It's not nearly as bad as the Bravely Default fiasco, though, so I think I can just live with it. The CE is just going up high on a shelf for the time being (so my 6 year-old doesn't get to it - he's on a big Infinity Blade kick right now and would go nuts for that statue).

What I can't believe is that Microsoft had the nerve to release their big X1 game on the same day as Dark Souls II. I mean seriously - who the hell is going to play Titanfall now?

(Yes, of course I'm saying that jokingly - but for me it sure is the case. I had little interest in Titanfall to begin with but DS 2 puts it almost completely out of sight out of mind. I'm more amazed that my 14 year-old son has not asked for Titanfall. The X1 just continues to collect dust ;)).

Well I went back to BBY to get that one CE...it sold. Oh well. Officially no CEs or BAs in town. I'll just wait and rent this weekend or something. 

My Amazon pre-order, placed on February got "delayed". I didn't realize that it wasn't even RDD, so I got my normal Prime shipping. But now I have to wait two more days for it to arrive —_—

"There has been an issue in processing the package that is why it will be delayed."

Heh - I'm going to start tonight and planning to do the same. I played the other two when they had been out for a bit (even though I preordered both I had waited a while to play them) so there were lots of FAQs and such to follow (which I made full use of). This time, though, I'm going in blind.

Also, my Amazon order came a day early! It was here around noon - I was not expecting it until tomorrow. I got the CE and a separate BAE in the box. It was tightly packed with lots of air packs. One bottom corner of the CE is a little dented but it doesn't look like it happened during shipment. It's not nearly as bad as the Bravely Default fiasco, though, so I think I can just live with it. The CE is just going up high on a shelf for the time being (so my 6 year-old doesn't get to it - he's on a big Infinity Blade kick right now and would go nuts for that statue).

What I can't believe is that Microsoft had the nerve to release their big X1 game on the same day as Dark Souls II. I mean seriously - who the hell is going to play Titanfall now?

(Yes, of course I'm saying that jokingly - but for me it sure is the case. I had little interest in Titanfall to begin with but DS 2 puts it almost completely out of sight out of mind. I'm more amazed that my 14 year-old son has not asked for Titanfall. The X1 just continues to collect dust ;)).
I refuse to look at anything online to help other than armor and weapon stats.

That is the most fun to me, figuring it all out on your own and then going back again and realizing you actually missed like 30% of the game because it is that intense.

But yeah I stayed home from work yesterday to play pretty much all day and then right before bed I felt like I should play Titanfall just because but the entire time I was just wishing I were playing Dark Souls hahaha

I might end up with 2 copies of the CE for the PS3, 1 from Amazon and the other from Bamco. Anyone have any idea how much the average selling price for it is? Was knda hoping to getenough to buy Tales of Symphonia CE in case my Amazon order gets cancelled. Thanks!

bread's done
Back