UPDATED: Dark Souls II Pre Order - OOS: Amazon, Walmart, GS, BB, NewEgg

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
9pSm52M.png

Update 03.10.14

7:10 p.m. CT - just a few more hours until midnight release. 

FRYS.com is SOLD OUT. While you can still add to cart, you will get a notice stating the supply isn't available. Thank you Erabiont for the tip!

Midnight is upon us! I'll be at Gamestop with a bunch of Titanfall lovers, but I'll be there to pick up the real GOTY - Dark Souls 2! 

Update - 03.09.14

XBOX 360 Black Armor edition and CE on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.

You can still get the PS3 Black Armor edition on FRYS.com.  Thanks Guadian_Owl for sharing! 

Update - 03.08.14 -

PS3 Black Armor edition on Best Buy is SOLD OUT.

PS3 Black Armor edition on NewEgg is SOLD OUT.   (Thanks XeroBlade for sharing.)

PS3 Black Armor edition on Walmart is SOLD OUT. 

PS3 Black Armor edition on Amazon is SOLD OUT.

Gamestop no longer taking in store preorders for either CE or Black Armor. 

eStarland is still taking preorders for PS3 Black Armor edition. 

Also ...

PC system requirments (via Polygon). PC release date is April 25.

------> Get $10 cash back or $12 credit via Green Man Gaming when you buy DkS II for $49.99.

Update - 03.07.14 -

Big news .... Gamestop is no longer taking in store pre orders for the CE or the Black Armor nationwide. "We're sold out."

You can still get the CE online through GS website. However, Black Armor edition is not showing up. Links to retailers still taking pre orders for Black Armor edition is in yellow bellow. (Just scroll down this OP)

Meanwhile, searches on Best Buy for Black Armor or CE were showing up empty. However, the website is still showing you can preorder either online. You have to search "Dark Souls ii" and not use the number 2. Weird. Thanks to midloo for pointing this out.

Just saying .... Last time DkS came out with a LE, NamcoBro had a huge SNAFU, as many didn't get their LEs. 

Update - 03.06.14

Amazon is selling the official, hardcover strategy guide for $21. Gamestop and other places are selling it for $35. Thanks to CAG user cruzadel for sharing this. 

This just in thanks to CAG user Xellos2099. 

Namco is selling the PC CE for $109.95. It includes everything as the regular CE, but you get a digital version of the game and a t-shirt. You can pre order it here. I am not sure if they charge for shipping. There is also a section for promo codes, but I don't know of any. If you do, please share. 

Update - 03.05.14: 

Amazon is currently sold out of the PS3 Black Armored Edition. Earlier, the CE was sold out as well, but has since returned to stock (as of 03/05). While I think those geting the Black Armor through Amazon will get it no problem, I should warn some about getting the CE. 

Just look at horror from the Bravely Default CE. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Meanwhile, BB has no in store pickup ATM. 

Because Titanfall is also coming out on March 11, GS will have a midnight release for DkS II. I spoke to an employee who said they wouldn't have done the midnight release for souls if it wasn't for Titanfall. It just so happens both come out on same day. Praise the Sun. 

Also, you can save $5 by preordering the CE through Target. The Black Armor Edition is sold out however. To get the savings, click here, then checkout. If you do Target's credit card, you can save an additional 5%. Not too shabby. Link to Target DkS II CE: 

Some reviews have come in - 

Four different reviewers from Famitsu gave it a 9, 10, 9 and 9 out of 10, or a 37/40. Impressive. The previous Dark Souls received the same score. 

Meanwhile, one German magazine, M! Game, gave Dark Souls II a 90/100 and also said it is the "hardest game in the word." M! gave the first Dark Souls an 81/100. 

The CE also comes with some in game items, actually, a lot of in game items. Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess I'll take them. 

In other news, From Software said it has no plans for DLC for the game. I'm cool with this. 

If you are looking to join a Dark Souls community to talk strategy, then you can check out this forum. I've been a part of it since original release and members really get into this game here. Everyone is really kind and helpful and some people do spreadsheets with crazy data and stuff. 

It is a medium sized community, which I like. Your questions get answered and not buried a la Gamefaqs, but to each their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES YOU CAN STiLL PRE ORDER BLACK ARMOR EDITION ( as of 03.07.14) Thanks to @lookatthat for sharing!

ps3:

http://www.estarland...duct.41844.html

http://www.overstock...tml?searchidx=0

http://www.frys.com/product/7998180?source=googleps&gclid=COGeiL7vhL0CFS1p7AodMwoAVQ (added 03.09.14)

xbox 360

http://www.estarland...duct.41845.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+black+armor1&_dynSessConf=ATG22126305800&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=dark+souls+ii+360

http://www.amazon.co...ds=dark souls 2

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=dark+souls+2&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874156044

http://www.play-asia...en-70-7g8z.html

http://www.gohasting...ts#.Uxo4BIWPNWI

http://www.overstock...19/product.html

Earlier, Sept. 23, 2013: 

What joy! It's finally here! Dark Souls II Limited Edition! 

dark_souls_2_collectors_edition_ce.jpg

It's already being dubbed "prepare to be broke" edition. Selling for $119.99. Last time, From Software gave everyone who preordered Dark Souls a free upgrade to the collector's edition, but for those of us that remember, there was one big SNAFU with that. (People didn't get their LEs, unless they preordered at Gamestop, for the most part.)

I'm dropping the big bucks on this. I don't care. This is my favorite game of this console generation. Here's what it comes with, from Joystiq:

"The Collector Edition is priced at $119.99 and includes a cloth map of the game's world, an art book and a 12" Warrior Knight figurine. It also contains the Black Armor edition of Dark Souls 2, meaning you'll have a soundtrack and metal case to go with the steeled will any Dark Souls fan undoubtedly harbors." 

Amazon is taking preorders here

Just went to my local GameStop and preordered it there. I'll be there at midnight. 

I should note, GS requires a minimum $25 to preorder the CE. 

Also, considering how From Software is notorious for messing up pre orders, and how insane the Souls community is, this might be one of those "you snooze you lose" type deals. Then again, this could be $79.99 three months after release. I did a poll on a Dark Souls forum, and pretty much everyone is getting the CE. Then again, those guys are like me. Also, I recommend PS3 version. Just my two bits. 360 version just as good, but more Souls fans play on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="jman2avatar" post="11600276" timestamp="1394543564"]How many copies of the guide do you think Gamestop will have? I plan on going there later today.[/quote]

FWIW my Gamestop had a mini display on the counter with 4ish guides, and no one picking up DS2 got one.

this sucks i dont know if my order will ship in time or not. it still says pre order as its status. (newegg order btw)

i dont know if should cancel and just pick up at a local gamestop. Does anyone know if they will have the black armor edition available there?

[quote name="xeroblade" post="11600404" timestamp="1394547239"]this sucks i dont know if my order will ship in time or not. it still says pre order as its status. (newegg order btw)
i dont know if should cancel and just pick up at a local gamestop. Does anyone know if they will have the black armor edition available there?[/quote]

Again, just my GS but they said only preorders will get the BA. You'd have to wait till Friday to get a lapsed preorder.

You should check Wal-Mart of you can; heard that people got the BA there.

I was able to get a black armor edition when Best Buy opened today. I didn't have to preorder, but I would imagine I just got lucky.  The guy who rang me up was like "OH MY GOD I FORGOT DARK SOULS CAME OUT TODAY!" and proceeded to stare at my copy like he wanted to steal it, burn down best buy, and play it for 5 days straight.  Ironically, he'll probably be playing it before me because I have to work all day and won't be home until 10. 

Also, I got the perky jerky deal, which is actually pretty tasty. 

If I preordered the BA version, that's what I'm going to get right? I preordered at BB. I was going to pick it up after work tomorrow but now I'm worried that they didn't get enough or something. I got an email saying it'll be ready tomorrow so maybe I'm fine . . .

Whenever I want to ensure I get the right edition, I just call up the store at opening and ask the CS employee to confirm my .com order. If it's not right, I explain to them what the preorder was supposed to be for and just ask them to swap it with the right edition before they sell through their remaining floor stock.

I think most items are scanned by their SKU (not to be confused with UPC as items with multiple UPC's may ring up under the same SKU) so if there's a different SKU between editions in their system, you'll be fine. If it's the same, then there is a risk that your item wasn't picked correctly and hence you need to call and confirm ahead of time.

My Best Buy didn't have any copies left for PS3 at all. The closest GS got shorted on their Black Armor preorders. Glad I preordered a Collector's Edition!

My Best Buy had multiple copies of the Black Armor edition on the shelf for both systems. I would say at least 5 each. I picked one up as i'm a sucker for steelbooks, and this one is actually pretty awesome with the 3D front instead of the plain old flat cases.

Did anyone Black armor edition kinda bulge out at the top left region of where the guy head is?  I haven't open mine, so not sure if it's just something under there that caused it.

Just wait for the inevitable PS4/XboxOne version next year with upgraded graphics and stuffs... I can't wait to pick up my 360 copy along with that perky jerky!
Has there been any talk about a next gen version? I may just keep the BA PS3 version I have for PO sealed and buy the PS4 version. Still have a bunch of PS3 games to go through and I know DS2 will take me months to finish.

My Best Buy had multiple copies of the Black Armor edition on the shelf for both systems. I would say at least 5 each. I picked one up as i'm a sucker for steelbooks, and this one is actually pretty awesome with the 3D front instead of the plain old flat cases.
Fyi, BA editions are metalpaks.

I just walked out of my Best Buy with a Black Armor edition.  Didn't preorder.  It was the last one available however.  If you are interested in the BA version, I'd give your local Best Buy a call to see if they have some.  They clearly received more than were preordered. 

Did anyone Black armor edition kinda bulge out at the top left region of where the guy head is? I haven't open mine, so not sure if it's just something under there that caused it.
Yes. I haven't opened either. I assumed something was embossed on the cover.

EDIT: Gah... sorry for the double post.

I got the BA edition at best buy without a pre-order. I also grabbed the CE guide, but it wouldn't ring up so I had to wait for about 20 minutes while they figured out what to do. I only paid $17 for the guide in the end because of the GCU welcome package coupon so  wasn't to upset about the wait.

Could someone who has opened the CE answer something for me?  Is the actual copy of the game in the BA steel case sealed?  I have a CE copy waiting on my doorstep today, but I'm considering opening it just for the goodies in the box and selling the game online.  

I am not gonna get this cause I have moved on from buying Strategy Guides... Amazon still has the hardcover CE book for $21. And Best Buy should PM if you get a chance.

Just got my BAE and I could give a shit about the graphics, but I choose not to cause I play games from years ago that look fuck y compared to today and are still tons of fun.

letting everyone know that its instock at bestbuy.com right now (PS3 BAE). i just order for instore pick up for today!
Ugh mine says pickup in 3-5 days. I'll go see if they have one on the shelf. That usually means there are 0-2 copies available. If not up just try the other Walmart in town. Then toys r us.

well i got the confirmation email telling me that have it ready and waiting to pick up. im going to run there over my lunch to pick it up. i just hope its the BAE and not the regular copy. I'm sure its possible for them to screw that up.

Just an FYI to anyone who didn't preorder and is looking for a Black Armor edition today... this could be a total fluke, because I believe they're not supposed to (I hardly shop there, so not 100% sure)... BUT GAMESTOP of all places, actually sold me the BA PS3 edition. I just walked in and asked about it. They had a few available for 360 too.  I guess it's like with Best Buy where they were sold out online but have some in store. So if you're desperate, try your luck at GS. :p

Could someone who has opened the CE answer something for me? Is the actual copy of the game in the BA steel case sealed? I have a CE copy waiting on my doorstep today, but I'm considering opening it just for the goodies in the box and selling the game online.
I almost never open any of the contents from a CE. I know, some may not agree with that, but to each their own.

Once you get your CE, just open the top portion, take out the game which will be sitting at the very top, slide it out of the sleeve, put sleeve back in box and close.

Now, you'll have the hard metal case with game out, while the sleeve, artbook, figure and everything else still sealed.

Just like my Bravely Default, everything is just sitting in Like New condition. But man, the figure is so huge.

I picked up a PS3 BAE at Best Buy. They had four up front along with about the same number of 360 versions. Didn't check the game section.
At first I thought the metalpak was dented but it was just heavily embossed. Sad there is no manual. Yeah I know, nobody reads manuals, but for franchises/games I love, I enjoy extras. I like reading a little flavor text before playing.

I picked up a PS3 BAE at Best Buy. They had four up front along with about the same number of 360 versions. Didn't check the game section.
At first I thought the metalpak was dented but it was just heavily embossed. Sad there is no manual. Yeah I know, nobody reads manuals, but for franchises/games I love, I enjoy extras. I like reading a little flavor text before playing.
For a game that has so many symbols, I turned to the manual today to see what some of them mean. But nope. Just legal jargon.

Remember the manuals of Super Mario Brother for SNES? Or Chrono Trigger? Full of color, art.

But now you can get all that information online!

Welp ...

[quote name="EvilChamp" post="11600881" timestamp="1394559277"]I almost never open any of the contents from a CE. I know, some may not agree with that, but to each their own.

Once you get your CE, just open the top portion, take out the game which will be sitting at the very top, slide it out of the sleeve, put sleeve back in box and close.

Now, you'll have the hard metal case with game out, while the sleeve, artbook, figure and everything else still sealed.

Just like my Bravely Default, everything is just sitting in Like New condition. But man, the figure is so huge. [/quote]

Thank God the artbook will be sealed and inaccessible! Lol. If you've broken the seal on the box, then it's not 'new' anymore, so you really might as well go all the way.

Those of you that got the game at Best Buy, are there regular editions available as well as BA? Got the PS3 regular edition at Wal-Mart last night over BA due to concern over the availability of BA since I wanted to ultimately purchase the game at Best Buy and return the sealed copy to Wal-Mart. Going to get my Titanfall reserve in a bit and hope to take care of everything in one trip.

Those of you that got the game at Best Buy, are there regular editions available as well as BA? Got the PS3 regular edition at Wal-Mart last night over BA due to concern over the availability of BA since I wanted to ultimately purchase the game at Best Buy and return the sealed copy to Wal-Mart. Going to get my Titanfall reserve in a bit and hope to take care of everything in one trip.
I only saw bae editions at my best buy. No regular editions. They only had like 6 copies of the game in general out on the floor for ps3. About the same for 360.

I almost never open any of the contents from a CE. I know, some may not agree with that, but to each their own.

Just like my Bravely Default, everything is just sitting in Like New condition. But man, the figure is so huge.
So it's not shrink wrapped like a new copy of the BA edition would be on the shelf? Am I following you? From the videos I've seen online, it looked like the game was just wrapped in some sort of bag inside the CE box. That's a bummer.

I saw regular PS3 editions. Didn't look closely for 360 versions.

[quote name="midloo" post="11601106" timestamp="1394564518"]So it's not shrink wrapped like a new copy of the BA edition would be on the shelf? Am I following you? From the videos I've seen online, it looked like the game was just wrapped in some sort of bag inside the CE box. That's a bummer. [/quote]

No, it's shrink wrapped, and it's a standard retail black armor edition in there.

Local Best Buy in Montebello, CA had regular PS3 editions.

Website said they had PS3 BAE as well but no go in store.

Was there really a coke/beef jerkey promo at Best Buy? Did I right that correctly? I pickd up a BA edition from my Best Buy and didn't see any mention of any promo, the employees knew nothing about it and the only jerky they sell is Jack's.

Of course I could have misunderstood the promo. I haven't been sleeping much lately

Was there really a coke/beef jerkey promo at Best Buy? Did I right that correctly? I pickd up a BA edition from my Best Buy and didn't see any mention of any promo, the employees knew nothing about it and the only jerky they sell is Jack's.

Of course I could have misunderstood the promo. I haven't been sleeping much lately
Yup.

Promo thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328285-in-store-only15-giftcard-wpur-of-dark-souls-2-175-sodacoke-products-a-5-pack-perky-jerky-bestbuy

Perky Jerky was up at the front along with the other snack bags. $4.99 each but I've heard some peeps finding the turkey one on clearance for $2.99.

Also I was denied a copy of PS3 BAE at the Montebello store becuase "they were out of copies", but my in-store pickup order I put in afterwards went through. These guys are incompetent.

Yup.

Promo thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328285-in-store-only15-giftcard-wpur-of-dark-souls-2-175-sodacoke-products-a-5-pack-perky-jerky-bestbuy

Perky Jerky was up at the front along with the other snack bags. $4.99 each but I've heard some peeps finding the turkey one on clearance for $2.99.
Grabbed what looked to be the last copy of the PS3 regular edition at my local Best Buy. They still had a few BA editions in the cage. I was lucky enough to pick the turkey flavored jerky and it did indeed ring up for $2.99. The soda was $1.79 so it ended up being a free $10 gift card minus a few cents. Also got my order of Titanfall so I'm set for the rest of my vacation. :D

WTF Amazon? Not a peep about them even shipping yet - so much for preordering months in advance and having Prime...

bread's done
Back