*updated* Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos (& Pikmin2) $14.99 each @ Target B&M (YMMV)

munch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
I'm not sure if this should go into the bragging forums or here. i went to my newly opened Target in Auburn, Alabama yesterday and found Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. it wasn't on clearance or anything, just behind the glass with a regular price tag of $14.99.

the game sells for $49.99 w/bongos at other places. Head out to Target to see if you can get in on this awesome deal!

*UPDATE*
i went back to target last night and they restocked Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. i'm guessing they are going to keep these prices for all recently opened stores. same goes for pikmin 2.

everyone who has a recently opened store nearby might want to go back and check to see if they have more in stock. this is a really good deal, and if anyone missed out on this intially, you should go back and look again.
*UPDATE*

Damn .. and I just bought the Bongos used for nearly that much and thought I was getting a pretty good deal. If someone could pick up the game for me for $14 I'd would appreciate it greatly (you can even keep the bongos).

Nice, I'll stop by there here in a bit. Maybe this time I'll be able to get them since Wal-Mart didn't have them for the $35 clearance price >_

[quote name='onetrackmind']you lucky sonofabitch, nice find bro[/QUOTE]

thanks man. i wasn't even looking for this game, i just looked down on the bottom of the shelf and the price intrigued me. i was very happy, since, after all, used bongos cost more than this set.

[quote name='munch']thanks man. i wasn't even looking for this game, i just looked down on the bottom of the shelf and the price intrigued me. i was very happy, since, after all, used bongos cost more than this set.[/QUOTE]

no doubt bro, my little sister has the first one and its actually a really fun game to play... how are the songs on dk2?

they're pretty good, if you like wussy emo-crap. it's just really weird to hear cover bands on the game. for some reason i thought they got the actual artists to perform on the game.

it's a great multiplayer game, though. my friend and i played for a couple hours last night non-stop. looks like i'm going to have to find some deals on Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat.

[quote name='munch']they're pretty good, if you like wussy emo-crap. it's just really weird to hear cover bands on the game. for some reason i thought they got the actual artists to perform on the game.

it's a great multiplayer game, though. my friend and i played for a couple hours last night non-stop. looks like i'm going to have to find some deals on Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat.[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree with the cover band doing the songs seems wierd... defiently get jungle beat my buddy has it and its a blast to play.

[quote name='onetrackmind']yeah i agree with the cover band doing the songs seems wierd... defiently get jungle beat my buddy has it and its a blast to play.[/QUOTE]

i am definitely going to do that. i'm trading in some games at rhino today to make it happen.

[quote name='munch']i am definitely going to do that. i'm trading in some games at rhino today to make it happen.[/QUOTE]

awesome, anyways enjoy the games bro

I'll have to check that out next time I'm at work (I work at the Target in Springfield, VA). I hope they've got that deal at my store. Hell I'll even get a 10% employee discount to boot :cool:

[quote name='munch']they're pretty good, if you like wussy emo-crap. it's just really weird to hear cover bands on the game. for some reason i thought they got the actual artists to perform on the game.

it's a great multiplayer game, though. my friend and i played for a couple hours last night non-stop. looks like i'm going to have to find some deals on Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat.[/QUOTE]
did they have anymore? I have an extra copy of Donkey Konga I if you want to make a deal.

[quote name='Santurio']did they have anymore? I have an extra copy of Donkey Konga I if you want to make a deal.[/QUOTE]

PM'd!

[quote name='chickenhawk']I'm gonna have to check this out! :D Too bad this wasn't for Jungle Beat though. I really want that one![/QUOTE]

me too. i immediately looked at Jungle Beat but it was still at its MSRP.

I must get this. I hope this deal is everywhere. I do not like Donkey Konga 2 (1 is better IMO song wise), but the drums alone are worth the price.

[quote name='Kayden']I'll pay $20 shipped if someone wants to pick me up a set. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Me too ;)

By the way munch .. thats a hilarious sig. I wish I knew a) what those kids were selling and b) what they're saying. That kid in the back is really chowing down.

I know they have DK2 in the case at my Target at least, but it was marked full price last week. I'll be checking that out after work... after I try to exchange the disc-less VJ2 I got at K-Mart's Blue Light that I just opened last night.

[quote name='onetrackmind']no doubt bro, my little sister has the first one and its actually a really fun game to play... how are the songs on dk2?[/QUOTE]

Well there aren't many winners, but I think they are quite a bit better than those in the original. At least you get REM.

[quote name='onetrackmind']yeah i agree with the cover band doing the songs seems wierd... defiently get jungle beat my buddy has it and its a blast to play.[/QUOTE]

Cover bands?! I thought they were all originals? At least that was the impression I got from the commercial featuring Good Charlotte. So all of them are cover tunes then?

$20 shipped for Donkey Konga with bongos? The person selling it to you would be losing money.

Don't forget tax and shipping will be more then couple $'s. This is a large box that weighs quite a bit for a game.

I'd gladly pay $25 for one! My Target has a bunch of copies of the DK2 with bongos, but they're all ringing up for $50 :whistle2:(

[quote name='b3b0p']$20 shipped for Donkey Konga with bongos? The person selling it to you would be losing money.

Don't forget tax and shipping will be more then couple $'s. This is a large box that weighs quite a bit for a game.[/QUOTE]

Plus paypal fee . . . I'd say you have to say $24 for the person to break even.

[quote name='masterh']I'd gladly pay $25 for one! My Target has a bunch of copies of the DK2 with bongos, but they're all ringing up for $50 :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Thats because Target, lke Walmart, have no real nation clearence, it goes store to store. So most of the time its just a waste of gas to go there.

I find that Target's clearance items themselves are the same, it's just that each store is at different price intervals. Like one Target had GBA videos for $13.98 a few weeks ago and another had them down to $9.98. This sounds like it might have been a mistake more than anything.

I'd trade some stuff from my trade list for DK2 w/ bongos if anyone can pick it up for me.

Money is not an option.:whistle2:(

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I find that Target's clearance items themselves are the same, it's just that each store is at different price intervals. Like one Target had GBA videos for $13.98 a few weeks ago and another had them down to $9.98. This sounds like it might have been a mistake more than anything.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, espically since the price ends in .99

From the OP's description this sounds like a price mistake by an employee to me.

OP never mentioned whether the cashier scanned it in as 14.99 or if they had to over ride the price since it had a price tag on it.

I am guessing it's a mistake too but if it scanned at $15.....that would make things a bit more interesting. If it scanned that way, it should be national, no?

This does sound like a price mistake. I remember Donkey Konga 1 was on clearance a few months ago. In any case, this is a great price for the game if anyone can get there hands on it.

[quote name='roguejedi5']Cover bands?! I thought they were all originals? At least that was the impression I got from the commercial featuring Good Charlotte. So all of them are cover tunes then?[/QUOTE]

They are cover bands... but very good covers in my opinion. Most songs don't have any real noticable difference and the production quality is good.

Personally I enjoyed DK 2 alot more than the first, but then again I enjoy Alt Rock and RnB music a good deal, so the songs were more my style. I guess it's all a matter of personal preference.

[quote name='b3b0p']From the OP's description this sounds like a price mistake by an employee to me.

OP never mentioned whether the cashier scanned it in as 14.99 or if they had to over ride the price since it had a price tag on it.[/QUOTE]

it scanned that way. the ticket on the display was the normal white and yellow, not the normal orange sticker, signifying $14.99. the price was on the case, not on the box. i couldn't believe it was that price, so i got the guy to check for me at one of those self checkers and it was $14.99. then, at the cash register it was $14.99.

if you have a DK2 w/bongos at your Targer i say ask someone to do a price check. it's worth a shot.

[quote name='ericx']i've never done a pricematch, but could you price match it at circuit city? if you have the receipt?[/QUOTE]

no clue, but i doubt it. i can post the receipt if someone tells me how to do it.

[quote name='munch']no clue, but i doubt it. i can post the receipt if someone tells me how to do it.[/QUOTE]

if you have a scanner, scan it and go to www.imageshack.us
upload it there and that website will give you a thumbnail code. after that just copy the code and paste it in your thread

Confirmed today at the Target in Lake Worth. Opened earlier in the week so much the same senario as the OP. Only had one copy in the case but it was cleary marked at $14.99. No other target in the area has them at this price so maybe it is something that only new Target's are having ?

It seems to be a pricing error at new targets. I was able to pick one up this morning for 14.99 at a target that has only been opened for a few days. Also, it seems that Pikmin 2 has been mismarked at the same target, for 14.99 as well. So if there are any newly opened targets in your area, I'd suggest checking there.

[quote name='dayglo']It seems to be a pricing error at new targets. I was able to pick one up this morning for 14.99 at a target that has only been opened for a few days. Also, it seems that Pikmin 2 has been mismarked at the same target, for 14.99 as well. So if there are any newly opened targets in your area, I'd suggest checking there.[/QUOTE]

it's awesome that you some other people were able to get in on this. i didn't even think to check out pikmin 2 (a game i crave). i'm going back today to check it out.

and it is extremely weird that this is a new target only thing. i wonder why that is?

Yup, the new Target here has no DKII's left but has three rows full of Pikmin II for $14.99. I suggest anyone with a recently opened Target in their area check it out.

bread's done
Back