*updated* Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos (& Pikmin2) $14.99 each @ Target B&M (YMMV)

munch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
I'm not sure if this should go into the bragging forums or here. i went to my newly opened Target in Auburn, Alabama yesterday and found Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. it wasn't on clearance or anything, just behind the glass with a regular price tag of $14.99.

the game sells for $49.99 w/bongos at other places. Head out to Target to see if you can get in on this awesome deal!

*UPDATE*
i went back to target last night and they restocked Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. i'm guessing they are going to keep these prices for all recently opened stores. same goes for pikmin 2.

everyone who has a recently opened store nearby might want to go back and check to see if they have more in stock. this is a really good deal, and if anyone missed out on this intially, you should go back and look again.
*UPDATE*

Picked up Donkey Konga 2 last night @ the new Target by Merle Hay Mall in Des Moines. Pikmin 2 was sold out though. :(

I got DK2 with bongos at my target for 14.99. It was listed as 14.99 in the case too. I think it may just be a clearence for recently opened targets.

EDIT- I got the last two at the I65 and Old Hickory Blvd. Someone may want to go back and look for a restock.

[quote name='karmapolice']I got DK2 with bongos at my target for 14.99. It was listed as 14.99 in the case too. I think it may just be a clearence for recently opened targets.

EDIT- I got the last two at the I65 and Old Hickory Blvd. Someone may want to go back and look for a restock.[/QUOTE]

i don't think this is clearance because they restocked mine after it was intially sold out. i just think it's a price mistake at all of these targets that no one has really noticed. let's hope this "mistake" continues!

I went today to a new target up in NY - They didnt have any bongos but they did have Pikmin 2 - Id gladly trade Pikmin 2 for Bongos, if anyone is up for that =]

[quote name='sanjuro']anyone know of any new targets in the san antonio area?[/QUOTE] Not that I know of, no. The newest one I can think of is that Super Target, but that's still not new enough.

[quote name='karmapolice']I got DK2 with bongos at my target for 14.99. It was listed as 14.99 in the case too. I think it may just be a clearence for recently opened targets.

EDIT- I got the last two at the I65 and Old Hickory Blvd. Someone may want to go back and look for a restock.[/QUOTE]
Curse you, Gadgeeeet!

Just curious, I didn't see if this has already been asked. Will it work if you try to price-match this game with another store that has the cheaper price? I.e. have the clerk call a different store where you "saw" the cheaper price and do a price match?

Sadly, I finally went by a new Target (Grand Rapids, MI) and it was sold out at $14.99. And my dumbass didn't ask for a raincheck, as its more likely that a raincheck could have been used at an older Target than that I'll be near a new Target again.

[quote name='Ballman']Just curious, I didn't see if this has already been asked. Will it work if you try to price-match this game with another store that has the cheaper price? I.e. have the clerk call a different store where you "saw" the cheaper price and do a price match?[/QUOTE]

Well when i worked at best buy, if we did a price match, the item had to be in stock, so YMMV with that.

Shouldn't Wal-Mart do this? They just check to see if the store is honoring the price you mentioned and if they do, it's a go. They don't care about in stock or not. That's my 1 experience at price matching I can remember.

[quote name='suko_32']Shouldn't Wal-Mart do this? They just check to see if the store is honoring the price you mentioned and if they do, it's a go. They don't care about in stock or not. That's my 1 experience at price matching I can remember.[/QUOTE]

are you using a receipt to do this? i've never heard of wal-mart doing that much leg work to give you a lower price. if you brought a receipt i could see this happening.

Is anyone interested in selling one of their DK2 pickups? I can take either just the game alone, or the game and bongos together. PLEASE hook me up, I'm in need of these baaaad. Just hit me up with a PM

The newly opened Target at the Merle Hay Mall in Des Moines, IA had 6 copies of Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos in stock for 14.99. Now they've got 4 left, if anyone's in the area.

[quote name='Modus Pwnens']The newly opened Target at the Merle Hay Mall in Des Moines, IA had 6 copies of Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos in stock for 14.99. Now they've got 4 left, if anyone's in the area.[/QUOTE]

Im sure you could find 4 CAGs to unload those other DK2 games on, myself included

Hey, if anyone is looking for a Donkey Konga 2 w/ bongos and is able to find Gallop Racer 2004 at Fry's or TRU, maybe we can work something out. I've been unable to find Gallop Racer 2004 at my TRU.

Mike

Late bump, but this deal is still on if you can fnd them. I was on a little road trip to San Antonio this past weekend and we passed by a new Target in Georgetown (just north of Austin). My wife was like "That looks new. Let's check it out, maybe they'll have the deal!"

Best wife ever. They had four sets all at $14.99. I grabbed two, and there were still two left as of yesterday. Any CAGs in Georgetown or even Austin (or passing through, as I was) might want to check it out.

I also got the last Pikmin 2, which my wife is playing as I type this.

[quote name='Backlash']Late bump, but this deal is still on if you can fnd them. I was on a little road trip to San Antonio this past weekend and we passed by a new Target in Georgetown (just north of Austin). My wife was like "That looks new. Let's check it out, maybe they'll have the deal!"

Best wife ever. They had four sets all at $14.99. I grabbed two, and there were still two left as of yesterday. Any CAGs in Georgetown or even Austin (or passing through, as I was) might want to check it out.

I also got the last Pikmin 2, which my wife is playing as I type this.[/QUOTE]

i got my fiancee to check for me at the Target in Opelika where i initially reported the deal, and they are all out. the did restock at the $14.99 price, so hopefully they will continue to do it. if you have had success finding them before, chances are they will restock at $14.99. so hceck again!

Saw bongos in the case marked at $14.98 (may have been .99). These are not just the bongos, correct? Donkey Konga is included?

I ask now, because this is the first I've EVER seen this at my Target, and want to know if I need to make the trip at 8am.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Saw bongos in the case marked at $14.98 (may have been .99). These are not just the bongos, correct? Donkey Konga is included?

I ask now, because this is the first I've EVER seen this at my Target, and want to know if I need to make the trip at 8am.[/QUOTE]

The bongos by themselves are clearanced (YMMV), so chances are if you aren't at a new Target as required, its not the game.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Saw bongos in the case marked at $14.98 (may have been .99). These are not just the bongos, correct? Donkey Konga is included?

I ask now, because this is the first I've EVER seen this at my Target, and want to know if I need to make the trip at 8am.[/QUOTE]

Even if it is just the bongos, it's still a hell of a deal. But you should be able to tell if it's game w/ bongos just by reading the contents of the box.

Wish I could've picked up a DK2 w/ bongos, DKJB w/ bongos, or even Pikmin 2 for $15.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']Even if it is just the bongos, it's still a hell of a deal. But you should be able to tell if it's game w/ bongos just by reading the contents of the box.

Wish I could've picked up a DK2 w/ bongos, DKJB w/ bongos, or even Pikmin 2 for $15.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It is a good deal, but I have to weigh the deal against the likelihood that the games will be cheap enough soon that I can buy them and actually use the bongos.

[quote name='botticus']It is a good deal, but I have to weigh the deal against the likelihood that the games will be cheap enough soon that I can buy them and actually use the bongos.[/QUOTE]

Yes. And the way the box is angled, I can't tell. I have no use for bongos with no game.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Yes. And the way the box is angled, I can't tell. I have no use for bongos with no game.[/QUOTE]

i'd get somebody to open it up and look for them. typically clearance stuff is put in a special section, so this is telling me that it is more than likely the bongos with the game. it's worth checking out, however.

[quote name='munch']i'd get somebody to open it up and look for them. typically clearance stuff is put in a special section, so this is telling me that it is more than likely the bongos with the game. it's worth checking out, however.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, but the bongos at my store were clearanced behind the glass.

bread's done
Back