*updated* Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos (& Pikmin2) $14.99 each @ Target B&M (YMMV)

munch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
I'm not sure if this should go into the bragging forums or here. i went to my newly opened Target in Auburn, Alabama yesterday and found Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. it wasn't on clearance or anything, just behind the glass with a regular price tag of $14.99.

the game sells for $49.99 w/bongos at other places. Head out to Target to see if you can get in on this awesome deal!

*UPDATE*
i went back to target last night and they restocked Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. i'm guessing they are going to keep these prices for all recently opened stores. same goes for pikmin 2.

everyone who has a recently opened store nearby might want to go back and check to see if they have more in stock. this is a really good deal, and if anyone missed out on this intially, you should go back and look again.
*UPDATE*

[quote name='Rig']Anybody willing to pick me up a Pikmin 2? (Since I'm pretty sure nobody will be able to find anymore Konga 2's...)[/QUOTE]

PM'd!

Confirmed....

1111.jpg

My Target just opened and I was able to get a DK2 with bongos and Pikmin 2. If anyone wants one, I have 2 extra of the DK2 that I would sell for 25 Shipped ea. (I'm guessing over 5$ shipping), and one extra pikmin 2 that I would sell for 20 shipped.

[quote name='Nutts']My Target just opened and I was able to get a DK2 with bongos and Pikmin 2. If anyone wants one, I have 2 extra of the DK2 that I would sell for 25 Shipped ea. (I'm guessing over 5$ shipping), and one extra pikmin 2 that I would sell for 20 shipped.[/QUOTE]

I'll take a Konga 2. PMing you...

Mookyjooky- Was the Target you purchased yours at a store that would fit into the category of "new" (ie. grand opening special)?

TIA :D

[quote name='djak1']Mookyjooky- Was the Target you purchased yours at a store that would fit into the category of "new" (ie. grand opening special)?

TIA :D[/QUOTE]

I can answer for him that yes it was--I stopped by the same Target a few hours before he did and picked up a pair of Donkey Konga 2s as well as a Pikmin 2... :)

did anyone hit up the target in Wayne NJ yet? I was going to send my wife over today to see if they have either in stock at 14.99. I tried to call them and they operator transferred me to the electronics dept, they never picked up the phone

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I can answer for him that yes it was--I stopped by the same Target a few hours before he did and picked up a pair of Donkey Konga 2s as well as a Pikmin 2... :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for thinking about the other CAG in Cville, and not cleaning it out! ;-)

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Yeah it has been dry, I checked it today, and there was almost nothing going on in the clearance bin - I found a deck of Transformers playing cards for .93 - no games at all! The last game I saw in there was NHL2k5 for 4.98 a week or so ago. Have you happened to notice if they have pikmin 2 on sale at the monal store??[/QUOTE]

No, but honestly I haven't been checking on that one. I picked it up on release from Rhino, and I hooked up my best friend with it a few months back from Sears. They had mistakenly put a couple of copies of it in their clearance bin (can't remember if it was $20 or $10). I showed it to my friend, he took one up to the register & when it rang up normal explained where he found it. I even told him there was another one in there - he asked me to bring the other one up, and charged my friend the clearance price. :)

EDIT: They did have a couple copies of Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich for $10, if you're a pc gamer.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Thanks for thinking about the other CAG in Cville, and not cleaning it out! ;-)[/QUOTE]

You're quite welcome ;)

The store only had one of the Donkey Kongas out in the case, and so I asked if they had another in the back and they did--the employee even asked me if I'd like to buy "a couple more" and I told him no thanks...

Besides, I owed ya for the Code Veronica :)

I PMed Nutts about this, but on the off-chance that he's run out - anyone else who happens to find an extra copy of the game in their local store and is willing to ship it for around $25, give or take a couple of bucks, please drop me a PM.

I want to get in on this, but have absolutely no Targets within an hour or 2 of me, so if anyone would want to help me out and pick me one up, I could paypal some cash your way. Just PM me if you can.

Has anyone shipped one of these yet? How much did it cost to ship? I imagine it was upwards of $9 or $10 at least, with the bongos?

[quote name='Backlash']Has anyone shipped one of these yet? How much did it cost to ship? I imagine it was upwards of $9 or $10 at least, with the bongos?[/QUOTE]

i checked on USPS.com, and i the estimate they gave me was ~$10. the big problem i see is what box to put the DK2 box in.

[quote name='munch']i checked on USPS.com, and i the estimate they gave me was ~$10. the big problem i see is what box to put the DK2 box in.[/QUOTE]

Why not just get the paper wrapping paper that various stores sell and just wrap the Donkey Konga Box?

Tis packaged for product safety no need to double package it unless you are honestly worried that the box itself might get scratched...

[quote name='Snake2715']Why not just get the paper wrapping paper that various stores sell and just wrap the Donkey Konga Box?

Tis packaged for product safety no need to double package it unless you are honestly worried that the box itself might get scratched...[/QUOTE]

yeah, that would work. i've never seen this stuff, though. do they sell it at wal-mart, or is it more of a office max type of thing?

[quote name='munch']yeah, that would work. i've never seen this stuff, though. do they sell it at wal-mart, or is it more of a office max type of thing?[/QUOTE]

yeah Wlamart has it. Its almost like a paper bag you get at grocery stores. I used to use paper bags actually but this stuff is like $2 a roll and its so much easier and less time consuming..
Wrap it like a present and send it out.

I am interested in one if the restock issue pans out... If anyone wants let me know.

I'm interested in just the game. If someone could acquire one of those for me I'd pay to get the game shipped and whoever sends it can keep the bongos and sell them or trade them in for money.

[quote name='Backlash']I don't know of any new Targets in my area either - is there any easy way to check?[/QUOTE]
I am also curious about how one would find out about store openings...

[quote name='Backlash']It sounds like $30 is a better price if someone was to ship it out... still a good deal but now twice as much as in store. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. Most people would be loosing money if they sold the set for $25 shipped. $30 is much more reasonable.

The way I found out about the new Target openings was from a flyer I got in my Sunday paper. Even came with a coupon for $5 off any purchase over $25, so I got Pikman 2 and DK2 for $25+tax. :p

[quote name='pimp tyranny']this Target near me opened a few months back? recent enough? i'm going to check it out monday.[/QUOTE]

it might be, but i doubt it. i think it was only for stores that opened ~ the end of july. it's still worth checking out though, especially since it appears target stores are restocking these at $14.99.

The store where I got mine had a Grand Opening about 2 weeks ago. So if it's been around for a few months it might not be on sale.

As far as finding out if there are any new openings near you, just go to Target.com, use the store locator, and call as many as you want and ask them if they're new.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Anyone willing to pick me up a copy of each for 30 shipped? If so PM me and I can paypal you.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I misunderstood you, but are you asking us to buy both of them for $30 and ship them to you for free (and at the same time not get reimbursed for tax, gas or our time)?

[quote name='norkusa']Yeah, really. Most people would be loosing money if they sold the set for $25 shipped. $30 is much more reasonable.

The way I found out about the new Target openings was from a flyer I got in my Sunday paper. Even came with a coupon for $5 off any purchase over $25, so I got Pikman 2 and DK2 for $25+tax. :p[/QUOTE]

Wow...I'm amazed that no one has gone and hoarded all the copies yet. I can see someone abusing that to its full potential...i mean comn, the bongos themselves go for 15 dollars+.

This deal can be confirmed for Nashville area. I picked up two copies for 14.99 and three were remaining. I informed some fellow CAG's so they could capitalize before workers found out. Good luck everyone.

[quote name='Snake2715']Why not just get the paper wrapping paper that various stores sell and just wrap the Donkey Konga Box?

Tis packaged for product safety no need to double package it unless you are honestly worried that the box itself might get scratched...[/QUOTE]

UPS will generally not ship it wrapped like that. When I worked at Mail Boxes Etc. I was instructed to rip off all the paper that people put on their boxes before we shipped it out. The idea is that the paper can easily get caught on the conveyor belts and damage the package. Anyway, I've never seen the inside of a DK box, but generally most retail boxes are not of decent quality to ship. The box is pretty thin, and the stuff inside is mostly packaged to take small shocks and not have things inside move. I'd recommend getting another box to ship it in.

Can someone get a barcode for the game so I can scan it without bothering a clerk? I don't remember how to do it. All help is appreciated kthx.

tayaf69 which Target did you go to? I picked up two at the newest Target off I-65 on Old Hickory Blvd. They are probably out now because karmapolice picked up the last two Sunday, but you might want to call and see if they're going to be restocking. Good luck.

bread's done
Back