Updated: PSP 1.5 firmware hacked! Games bootable off of memory sticks!

5 year warranty on the 1gb card - the software is replaceable
the only way i think it could kill the card is if you pulled it out during writing/reading - possible but not definate - so far I have swapped over 70 times and haven't had a issue

[quote name='modcase']5 year warranty on the 1gb card - the software is replaceable
the only way i think it could kill the card is if you pulled it out during writing/reading - possible but not definate - so far I have swapped over 70 times and haven't had a issue[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you have a warranty its chill but a lot of people don't.

yeah snes is way too slow on mine. waiting for my 1gb stick to come :D. But yeah, i'll have to try doom again I guess, it didnt work for mine when I tried it at work as well as xmame and the other mame .03.

[quote name='Zoglog']yeah snes is way too slow on mine. waiting for my 1gb stick to come :D. But yeah, i'll have to try doom again I guess, it didnt work for mine when I tried it at work as well as xmame and the other mame .03.[/QUOTE]

It is not just on your PSP... SNES emu runs slow, period. *Goes back to playing NES* :)

Cant wait to get home and try these out. Hope there are some PS1 games. or N64.

Wish like hell Dell would send me my long over due 1g card.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Playing fuck right now sweet . fucking on the go sweet!![/QUOTE]

HAH!! If you are actually referring to the fuck game, that's great!!

[quote name='clockworkvictim']I've been reading around on this and people have been reporting that if you change the sticks at the wrong time you can damge the memory stick, making it unusable in your psp and your computer. I reccomend people use shitty 32 mb cards and see if this happens before potentially damaging their 1gb cards that they spent a lot of money on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pulled my 32'er out too quickly the first few times. Blanked all data, reformatted it, placed the loader files on, and wnet again. Voila. Worse-case-scenario. Now, back to mobile Star Ocean.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']Yeah if you have a warranty its chill but a lot of people don't.[/QUOTE]

He's not talking about a best buy performance plan or anything. The sandisk pro duos come with a 5 yr warranty. The sonys come with a 1 yr warranty, so pretty much everyone should have a warranty.

[quote name='pinoy530']He's not talking about a best buy performance plan or anything. The sandisk pro duos come with a 5 yr warranty. The sonys come with a 1 yr warranty, so pretty much everyone should have a warranty.[/QUOTE]

Well, I was mainly talking about myself I guess. I've just been using the included memory stick. Anyway, some people buy them used so there are people that this applies to. It doesn't really matter though, its your purchase you could potentially mess up, I was just sharing the info.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']It is not just on your PSP... SNES emu runs slow, period. *Goes back to playing NES* :)[/QUOTE]
Snes works great if u skip about 5 frames no lag at all may depend on game just play around with the settings

[quote name='starboyk']HAH!! If you are actually referring to the fuck game, that's great!![/QUOTE]
shaq.jpg

[quote name='rafissaying']thats pretty sweet. but i'm not really sure if i am going to do it since i haven't been playing my psp alot, but nonetheless pretty cool.[/QUOTE]
This will make you play with the psp again

Is there any potential damage to anything other than the memory stick? There's a refurbed 32mb at work that looks very tempting now.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Snes works great if u skip about 5 frames no lag at all may depend on game just play around with the settings

shaq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

..........SCROOOOOOOO!!!!!! ;p

And no, shouldn't have to worry about damaging much. you should be K with the 32meger. Only thing to note is that if you flick the cards too quickly, you'll wipe the data.

Okay, I've looked around and things seemed to be too confusing, someone point me to a good tutor site. I have still yet to find info on how to do this swap trick.

Nevermind, i took the time to look through the thread, I'm dissapointed by the whole swapping thing, as well the sorry emu performance, I'll stick with emus on my GBa cart, at least untill they can get around the silly swap mechanic.

I'm just wondering here....I thought most of this stuff (emulation) was frowned upon here at CAG. I find it kinda of funny that the longest PSP thread is all about playing MAME and SNES games on it.

We aren't talking about where to get roms. Additionally, most of us have the games we want to play on our PSP, so it is legal.

[quote name='Kayden']We aren't talking about where to get roms. Additionally, most of us have the games we want to play on our PSP, so it is legal.[/QUOTE]

I have no opinion on this one way or the other but I do know that it is illegal to play ROMs in any form without permission from the copyright holder whether you own the game or not. When you buy a game you don't own it to do with it what you please rather you have a license to play it in the manner the licensee permits which is typically only on whatevwer system you bought the game for.

That said, playing roms on the PSP sounds super sweet and I can't wait until there is a simpler method to playing them without the card switch and without framerate issues and without having to worry about firmware updates, etc.

[quote name='punqsux']the only legal way to play roms of a game is if you own the game and MADE the rom from the copy of the game that you own.[/QUOTE]

I have a cartidge reader.... Don't you? :cool:

i do for gba, but nes and snes are VERY hard to come by, most are custom made, which can actully be illegal in and of itself...

has anyone gotten NGPSP to run? I can't seem to load roms from the menu. Pswan works but the sound doesnt seem to work and runs pretty slow =(

"Update: A video of their new direct loader for homebrew on the v1.50 PSP is now available from the following mirrors: Mirror #1, Mirror #2, Mirror #3, and Mirror #4!

PaWsTick, CybBlade, and Killer-x from the PsP-Dev Team who released SwaPloit v1.50 last week have now let the world know in THIS Forum thread that at 7AM EST tomorrow (06-22-2005, 12:00 GMT+2 Spanish Time) they plan to release a final version of their v1.50 PSP firmware "homebrew" launcher entitled KXploit! This version will NOT require two Memory Sticks nor any swapping we're told, so it may indeed be the FINAL solution many v1.50 PSP owners have been seeking! More details will be posted as they are available, and for up-to-the-minute action we invite everyone to join us on EFnet #PS2Ownz of course! "

Posted at PS2info

[quote name='BREVITY']"Update: A video of their new direct loader for homebrew on the v1.50 PSP is now available from the following mirrors: Mirror #1, Mirror #2, Mirror #3, and Mirror #4!

PaWsTick, CybBlade, and Killer-x from the PsP-Dev Team who released SwaPloit v1.50 last week have now let the world know in THIS Forum thread that at 7AM EST tomorrow (06-22-2005, 12:00 GMT+2 Spanish Time) they plan to release a final version of their v1.50 PSP firmware "homebrew" launcher entitled KXploit! This version will NOT require two Memory Sticks nor any swapping we're told, so it may indeed be the FINAL solution many v1.50 PSP owners have been seeking! More details will be posted as they are available, and for up-to-the-minute action we invite everyone to join us on EFnet #PS2Ownz of course! "

Posted at PS2info[/QUOTE]

That's one down 2 to go.

1. No memory card swap - check
2. No risk of a firmware upgrade
3. No framerate issues with the ROMs

[quote name='javeryh']That's one down 2 to go.

3. No framerate issues with the ROMs[/QUOTE]

4. Wireless multi!!!!

[quote name='javeryh']That's one down 2 to go.

3. No framerate issues with the ROMs[/QUOTE]

2 will not happen until the psp is long dead.
3 will take time but will happen eventully

[quote name='punqsux']2 will not happen until the psp is long dead.
3 will take time but will happen eventully[/QUOTE]

2. Really? Couldn't they bypass the firmware somehow?
3. I hope so...
4. Wi-Fi multiplayer would be SWEET.

[quote name='javeryh']2. Really? Couldn't they bypass the firmware somehow?
3. I hope so...
4. Wi-Fi multiplayer would be SWEET.[/QUOTE]

2. They can, which is what they did for 1.5, but sony can keep releasing new firmwares and make them required to play newer games. So each time the new firmware would have to be hacked.

awesome no more swapping definetly takes the cake and with the release of the new GBA emulator for PSP I dont regret buying this 1gb memory stick

Now that KXsploit is out, I've given this a shot. NES works great! Snes, though... eh, I guess I'll have to wait for a few releases before I devote a lot of my memory stick to it. I could get away with decent framerates by clocking the cpu to 333, but I'm afraid of damaging the PSP.

[quote name='Pylis']Now that KXsploit is out, I've given this a shot. NES works great! Snes, though... eh, I guess I'll have to wait for a few releases before I devote a lot of my memory stick to it. I could get away with decent framerates by clocking the cpu to 333, but I'm afraid of damaging the PSP.[/QUOTE]

The CPU is a 333 chip. Its only clocked down to not hit the battery so hard. Playing at 333 wont hurt your hardware, just your playtime on the go.

[quote name='Pylis']Now that KXsploit is out, I've given this a shot. NES works great! Snes, though... eh, I guess I'll have to wait for a few releases before I devote a lot of my memory stick to it. I could get away with decent framerates by clocking the cpu to 333, but I'm afraid of damaging the PSP.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it damages it, I think it just takes up more battery power.

bread's done
Back